"Common Sense" Gun Control

What evidence do you have that she didn't keep her guns locked away, as the law in Connecticut requires?

You should know that the only people possessing that evidence couldn't tell you until the investigation is complete. It's just being rhetorical to ask me.

If I had a child with mental problems, I wouldn't have a gun around the house to lock up. It seemed like a good community and I don't understand her need for a gun, unless it was to protect herself from her own child. I'd find a better solution than a gun. That might explain why the mother was killed first, but that's just pure speculation.

You are the one claiming she didn't keep the guns locked up, I don't need evidence to ask you for proof of your assertions.

I said she didn't keep them away from him and the evidence is he got his hands on the weapons. They make trigger locks and you can hide the keys.

Sure, if you don't mind feel-good legislation that accomplishes exactly nothing.

I like feel good legislation because it appeases the excited masses and doesn't hurt me. What's not to like?
The waste of tax dollars making liberals feel good.

But then, you're a liberal. You don't seem to mind wasting tax dollars.

The objection is that once the idiots who push this crap realize what they did didn't do any good, they will push for more and more restrictions that DO erode rights.

Conjecture.
You may have a point. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat. And history shows the first AWB didn't do anything.
But yes, these proposals DO limit my rights. There is no question.

Do they limit your rights in ways which they are not limited now?
Yes. I can't move to Texas, California, Arizona or New Mexico and buy "two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. The requirement applies to purchases of semi-automatic rifles that have detachable magazines and a caliber of greater than .22" without being reported to the government.

Given how few semi-automatic rifles are used in crime, and how few legally-purchased guns are used in crime, what affect do you think this requirement will have on crime?

Oh, right, we've already established that you don't give a damn if they affect crime or not. It's all about feelings for you.

Right, those militia groups don't believe in guns, do they? Try buying a truck full of fertilizer today! When I was young you could buy dynamite in the hardware store, but then people messed that up.

Stop whining about your guns like a little baby and let the adults handle it!

I have never met a militia guy that doesn't own a knife, what the fuck point do you think you have?

I have a Ka-Bar, but worry about your own point.

You don't need that. The Second Amendment doesn't mention Ka-Bars. Their sole purpose is for killing people.

You have no right to have that knife.

What type of person is Ok with kids being shot in the face at school.

When you don't even attempt to come up with a solution to this happening you're basically saying that you just accept that as collateral damage for your "freedom".

Like I said selfish and lazy

Where did I say I was OK with that?

I also said that Sandy Hook could have been prevented by double set of steel doors more effectively than with a gun ban but you can't seem to understand that can you?

Another thing you don't seem to understand is that my owning weapons had absofuckinglutely nothing to do with any school shooting.

When you said you had no plan, and that there is nothing that can be done. So your solution now is to put steel doors on every school movie theater and mall in the country? LOL. Is that your plan.

Remind me again why you're not lazy and selfish, because everytime you respond you only reconfirm that you are in fact both of these things.

You said movie theaters and malls not me. And there is no way to stop violence that does not mean that it can't be avoided especially in a controlled environment like a school.

If you can't see that no wonder you think violating the rights of law abiding citizens is a good idea.

And why don't you tell me how to stop people from committing violent acts. I mean you seem so cock sure that it's more than possible.

And as I said before after you end violence and you can guarantee me with absolute 100% certainty that I or my wife will never be the victim of a violent crime and that no one will ever break into my home or business then and only then will I give up my weapons. Until then what kind and how many i own is none of your business.

You represent the interests of the NRA and I represent the interests of the American people. Let's see who wins!

Well since I am not and have never been a member of the NRA I fail to see your point.

And you do not represent the American People because last time I checked I was one of those people and there is no way I would ever let a freedom hating control freak like you represent me.

It isn't freedom to cause a bunch of innocent people to get killed.

The fact that I own weapons does not and did not cause anyone to be killed.

Tell me how the fact that I own weapons caused the death of any person in this country.

I'll add to my list that if you can't understand the above point that you are too fucking stupid to represent anyone.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense, because there are some messed up places in this world. We aren't at war within the country. This is an industrialized country.

Your claim is that access to guns causes violence. We have more guns per capita than any nation on Earth, yet don't even crack the top ten list for violent crime. Want to explain how me pointing this out makes me wrong?

Your question is all over the board. Access to guns causes gun violence, not violence. Gun violence is very lethal. Violent crime can include rather minor offenses and has nothing to do with guns. The top ten list for violent crimes would include some rather screwed up countries, so the statement is meaningless. There are ten countries with wars happening in their borders. Do you really think an argument like that is convincing?

The UK has a population about a fifth our size and probably less than 50 homicides by guns per year. Their cops don't even carry guns. Access to guns in the UK plays a big role in why there is little gun violence.

You may want to continue living in a country with lax gun laws causing all this unnecessary death, but we don't. There are plenty of weapons available for you to defend yourself in your home. We have a standing military that won't allow someone to make themselves a dictator. There are plenty of weapons you can play with or hunt with for entertainment. We can make some sensible laws and stop a lot of people from being killed and we're going to do it whether you like it or not.

Your claim was that easy access to guns causes violence, now you are saying that access to guns causes gun violence. Does that mean that access to knives causes knife violence? Can you explain the high rate of knife violence in the UK despite the fact that they have knife control laws, and people are actually required to show ID to buy pizza slicers?

The logical conclusion from all the statistics you are trying to use to make your point is that guns prevent other crimes. Since "gun violence" includes a woman shooting a rapist, or a child shooting a burglar, you are the one that is all over the board, not me, which is why I prefer to focus on violent crime, which is defined as crimes against persons, not gun violence, which is defined as somebody using a gun to defend themselves from another person.

You might prefer to live in a country that makes it impossible for a woman to defend against rape, I prefer to live in one where that is legal.

You should know that the only people possessing that evidence couldn't tell you until the investigation is complete. It's just being rhetorical to ask me.

If I had a child with mental problems, I wouldn't have a gun around the house to lock up. It seemed like a good community and I don't understand her need for a gun, unless it was to protect herself from her own child. I'd find a better solution than a gun. That might explain why the mother was killed first, but that's just pure speculation.

You are the one claiming she didn't keep the guns locked up, I don't need evidence to ask you for proof of your assertions.

I said she didn't keep them away from him and the evidence is he got his hands on the weapons. They make trigger locks and you can hide the keys.

The evidence is he killed her and stole her guns.

Where did I say I was OK with that?

I also said that Sandy Hook could have been prevented by double set of steel doors more effectively than with a gun ban but you can't seem to understand that can you?

Another thing you don't seem to understand is that my owning weapons had absofuckinglutely nothing to do with any school shooting.

When you said you had no plan, and that there is nothing that can be done. So your solution now is to put steel doors on every school movie theater and mall in the country? LOL. Is that your plan.

Remind me again why you're not lazy and selfish, because everytime you respond you only reconfirm that you are in fact both of these things.

You said movie theaters and malls not me. And there is no way to stop violence that does not mean that it can't be avoided especially in a controlled environment like a school.

If you can't see that no wonder you think violating the rights of law abiding citizens is a good idea.

And why don't you tell me how to stop people from committing violent acts. I mean you seem so cock sure that it's more than possible.

And as I said before after you end violence and you can guarantee me with absolute 100% certainty that I or my wife will never be the victim of a violent crime and that no one will ever break into my home or business then and only then will I give up my weapons. Until then what kind and how many i own is none of your business.

As long as we're on the same page. You're Ok with 5 year old kids being shot in the face just so that you can have your precious gun collection. What a real man you are. A true patriot too. Good for you.... Live that fantasy in your head because you're sure not living in reality Rambo.

As long as we're on the same page. You're Ok with 5 year old kids being shot in the face just so that you can have your precious gun collection. What a real man you are. A true patriot too. Good for you.... Live that fantasy in your head because you're sure not living in reality Rambo.

How can you even think this let alone say in --if all the legal gun owners threw there guns in the atlantic thoes kids would have still been killed--gun control three in a quarter at 100 yards ass hole

Well since I am not and have never been a member of the NRA I fail to see your point.

And you do not represent the American People because last time I checked I was one of those people and there is no way I would ever let a freedom hating control freak like you represent me.

Tell me how the fact that I own weapons caused the death of any person in this country.

I'll add to my list that if you can't understand the above point that you are too fucking stupid to represent anyone.

I don't care if you own a weapon, 10 or a 100 of them. I care about a system that makes it too easy for criminals to get their hands on weapons, including some very deadly ones. I also care about the stupidity of right-wingers and organizations, like the NRA who think they can get by without change. They aren't representing the interest of the American people and they need to get to the table and start negotiating for some changes. It may be too late now, because we have one state after another making their own laws.

Why do you right-wingers keep acting like someone wants to take your gun?

Your claim is that access to guns causes violence. We have more guns per capita than any nation on Earth, yet don't even crack the top ten list for violent crime. Want to explain how me pointing this out makes me wrong?

Your question is all over the board. Access to guns causes gun violence, not violence. Gun violence is very lethal. Violent crime can include rather minor offenses and has nothing to do with guns. The top ten list for violent crimes would include some rather screwed up countries, so the statement is meaningless. There are ten countries with wars happening in their borders. Do you really think an argument like that is convincing?

The UK has a population about a fifth our size and probably less than 50 homicides by guns per year. Their cops don't even carry guns. Access to guns in the UK plays a big role in why there is little gun violence.

You may want to continue living in a country with lax gun laws causing all this unnecessary death, but we don't. There are plenty of weapons available for you to defend yourself in your home. We have a standing military that won't allow someone to make themselves a dictator. There are plenty of weapons you can play with or hunt with for entertainment. We can make some sensible laws and stop a lot of people from being killed and we're going to do it whether you like it or not.

Your claim was that easy access to guns causes violence, now you are saying that access to guns causes gun violence. Does that mean that access to knives causes knife violence? Can you explain the high rate of knife violence in the UK despite the fact that they have knife control laws, and people are actually required to show ID to buy pizza slicers?

The logical conclusion from all the statistics you are trying to use to make your point is that guns prevent other crimes. Since "gun violence" includes a woman shooting a rapist, or a child shooting a burglar, you are the one that is all over the board, not me, which is why I prefer to focus on violent crime, which is defined as crimes against persons, not gun violence, which is defined as somebody using a gun to defend themselves from another person.

You might prefer to live in a country that makes it impossible for a woman to defend against rape, I prefer to live in one where that is legal.

The violent crime stats I've posted included things like purse snatching and pick pocketing. It included auto theft, burglary, property theft and robbery. Once you get to robbery, it's person to person, but what they did was look at any situation that could become violent, like you find someone stealing something in your backyard and try to stop them, so it become violent. Those stats are limited to what people normally think are violent crimes like assault to murder.

Does someone have to spell out the obvious that the violence I'm talking about with guns is gun violence?

Then you ramble on as if these changes in the law do away with guns and they obviously don't. What's with you people? You've been brainwashed by the NRA into thinking any changes in gun law will take away you gun. That's just crazy talk from an organization looking out for it's own financial interests. The American people are not doing away with the 2nd Amendment and if they ever do, it has to be a constitutional process. There is no support for that.

Where did I say I was OK with that please find the post and quote it.

And you have yet to tell me how my owning weapons has caused anyone to be killed. My weapons are either in my home locked in a safe requiring a fingerprint scan to open or they are being used by me at the range.

So please tell me how my weapons have caused anyone to be killed.

And then tell me how you're going to safeguard my home an business and guarantee that I will never be the victim of a violent crime.

Last edited:

The violent crime stats I've posted included things like purse snatching and pick pocketing. It included auto theft, burglary, property theft and robbery. Once you get to robbery, it's person to person, but what they did was look at any situation that could become violent, like you find someone stealing something in your backyard and try to stop them, so it become violent. Those stats are limited to what people normally think are violent crimes like assault to murder.

Does someone have to spell out the obvious that the violence I'm talking about with guns is gun violence?

Then you ramble on as if these changes in the law do away with guns and they obviously don't. What's with you people? You've been brainwashed by the NRA into thinking any changes in gun law will take away you gun. That's just crazy talk from an organization looking out for it's own financial interests. The American people are not doing away with the 2nd Amendment and if they ever do, it has to be a constitutional process. There is no support for that.

The violent crime stats you posted included things that are not violent crimes? How am I responsible for your attempt to mislead people?

The evidence is he killed her and stole her guns.

We just know she was killed first. I don't know if she was shot or what. Do you?

Because assholes like Cuomo and the legislator in Iowa keep talking about confiscation.

I don't care if you own a weapon, 10 or a 100 of them. I care about a system that makes it too easy for criminals to get their hands on weapons, including some very deadly ones. I also care about the stupidity of right-wingers and organizations, like the NRA who think they can get by without change. They aren't representing the interest of the American people and they need to get to the table and start negotiating for some changes. It may be too late now, because we have one state after another making their own laws.

Again since you can't seem to understand

I do not now nor have i ever belonged to the NRA so I don't give a flying backwards fuck what the NRA does.

And you don't want to stop criminals from getting weapons you want to make it harder or nearly impossible for law abiding people to get weapons

And quite frankly you have no authority to speak for all Americans.

I;ll tell you what I know.

I know that there are violent people out there who won't think twice about hurting me or my wife.

I know that you cannot stop those people from doing harm even though you think you can.

I know that the government cannot protect me from violent people even though they say they will.

I know that the only person who is going to protect me and my wife in the middle of the night in case of a break in is me.

So until I know differently I will support gun ownership 100%

Because every one of Obama's edicts and wishes focuses on the law abiding.

Nothing on criminals.

Accountability is what is missing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back