"Common Sense" Gun Control

By the way, Dubya, like his namesake, lied about the new law in New York, it actually makes possession of previously legal magazines a crime. It also turns out that I was right in my assertion that you cannot retrofit a "high capacity" magazine to make it legal.

19 § 46-a. The penal law is amended by adding two new sections 265.36 and
20 265.37 to read as follows:
21 § 265.36 Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding
22 device.
23 It shall be unlawful for a person to knowingly possess a large capaci-
24 ty ammunition feeding device manufactured before September thirteenth,
25 nineteen hundred ninety-four, and if such person lawfully possessed such
26 large capacity feeding device before the effective date of the chapter
27 of the laws of two thousand thirteen which added this section, that has
28 a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept,
29 more than ten rounds of ammunition.
30 An individual who has a reasonable belief that such device is of such
31 a character that it may lawfully be possessed and who surrenders or
32 lawfully disposes of such device within thirty days of being notified by
33 law enforcement or county licensing officials that such possession is
34 unlawful shall not be guilty of this offense. It shall be a rebuttable
35 presumption that such person knows that such large capacity ammunition
36 feeding device may not be lawfully possessed if he or she has been
37 contacted by law enforcement or county licensing officials and informed
38 that such device may not be lawfully possessed.
39 Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device is a
40 class A misdemeanor.

NY Gun Law Text

I said she didn't keep them away from him and the evidence is he got his hands on the weapons. They make trigger locks and you can hide the keys.

The evidence is he killed her and stole her guns.

We just know she was killed first. I don't know if she was shot or what. Do you?

The evidence is he killed her and stole her guns. Unless you have something to contradict that I stand by that statement.

By the way, Dubya, like his namesake, lied about the new law in New York, it actually makes possession of previously legal magazines a crime. It also turns out that I was right in my assertion that you cannot retrofit a "high capacity" magazine to make it legal.

22 device.
40 class A misdemeanor.

NY Gun Law Text

Let's see if that survives the inevitable court challenge. It sounds like an Ex Post Facto law to me.

Your claim was that easy access to guns causes violence, now you are saying that access to guns causes gun violence. Does that mean that access to knives causes knife violence? Can you explain the high rate of knife violence in the UK despite the fact that they have knife control laws, and people are actually required to show ID to buy pizza slicers?

The logical conclusion from all the statistics you are trying to use to make your point is that guns prevent other crimes. Since "gun violence" includes a woman shooting a rapist, or a child shooting a burglar, you are the one that is all over the board, not me, which is why I prefer to focus on violent crime, which is defined as crimes against persons, not gun violence, which is defined as somebody using a gun to defend themselves from another person.

You might prefer to live in a country that makes it impossible for a woman to defend against rape, I prefer to live in one where that is legal.

The violent crime stats I've posted included things like purse snatching and pick pocketing. It included auto theft, burglary, property theft and robbery. Once you get to robbery, it's person to person, but what they did was look at any situation that could become violent, like you find someone stealing something in your backyard and try to stop them, so it become violent. Those stats are limited to what people normally think are violent crimes like assault to murder.

Does someone have to spell out the obvious that the violence I'm talking about with guns is gun violence?

Then you ramble on as if these changes in the law do away with guns and they obviously don't. What's with you people? You've been brainwashed by the NRA into thinking any changes in gun law will take away you gun. That's just crazy talk from an organization looking out for it's own financial interests. The American people are not doing away with the 2nd Amendment and if they ever do, it has to be a constitutional process. There is no support for that.

The violent crime stats you posted included things that are not violent crimes? How am I responsible for your attempt to mislead people?

I'm not attempting to mislead anyone and that's why I used homicide by gun stats to make comparisons. You tried to avoid that and that's how violent crime entered the picture. The best general crime stats for the US are FBI crime stats and I haven't posted them here.

Since these threads are about gun control and not crime, the only crime I'm interested in is gun related. When I'm talking about guns and violence, it ought to be obvious what violence I'm talking about. If you want to make a case that without guns other violence increases, then prove it. Just remember one though, there is a big difference between being stabbed and dead from a gunshot.

It isn't freedom to cause a bunch of innocent people to get killed.

The fact that I own weapons does not and did not cause anyone to be killed.

Tell me how the fact that I own weapons caused the death of any person in this country.

I'll add to my list that if you can't understand the above point that you are too fucking stupid to represent anyone.

I don't care if you own a weapon, 10 or a 100 of them. I care about a system that makes it too easy for criminals to get their hands on weapons, including some very deadly ones. I also care about the stupidity of right-wingers and organizations, like the NRA who think they can get by without change. They aren't representing the interest of the American people and they need to get to the table and start negotiating for some changes. It may be too late now, because we have one state after another making their own laws.

It's not the system that makes it easy for criminals to get guns, its the whole being a criminal part. It make is much easier when you have no compunction about stealing someone else's gun or buying one on the black market. Criminals probably don't submit themselves to a lot of criminal background checks, because....uhh...they'd fail them, doncha know. So, the "system" of selling guns is pretty good. There can be improvements here and there, but the basic system is pretty good. It prevents criminals from buying guns at the gun store, just like we want it to.

Now, if you were interested in solving the crime problem that would help a lot. In Virginia and in Florida and few other states where common sense isn't as scarce as hen's teeth, we have a system they says if you are in possession of a gun and commit a crime, you just got a mandatory 10 years added on to your sentence. If you pull it out while the crime is committed, you just got 20 years. If you fire it, you got life in prison. We also have a little thing called "Truth in sentencing." That means you will do at least 85% of your sentence no matter how good you are while you're there. That means that people that use guns while committing crimes in this state go to jail forever. Now, if every state had those laws, think how much safer we'd all be.

By the way, there are a lot of lefties in the NRA. I saw one at the gun show a couple of weeks ago counter demonstrating against Code Pink. He had a sign saying he was a San Francisco liberal assault rifle owner and NRA supporter. So, take your bias elsewhere. You should be more concerned with solving the actual problem than trying to find ways to subvert the Constitution.

Tell me how the fact that I own weapons caused the death of any person in this country.

I'll add to my list that if you can't understand the above point that you are too fucking stupid to represent anyone.

Why do you right-wingers keep acting like someone wants to take your gun?

Because assholes like Cuomo and the legislator in Iowa keep talking about confiscation.

Do you have a like proving that?

That New York legislation let people keep their assault weapons.

I don't care if you own a weapon, 10 or a 100 of them. I care about a system that makes it too easy for criminals to get their hands on weapons, including some very deadly ones. I also care about the stupidity of right-wingers and organizations, like the NRA who think they can get by without change. They aren't representing the interest of the American people and they need to get to the table and start negotiating for some changes. It may be too late now, because we have one state after another making their own laws.

Again since you can't seem to understand

I do not now nor have i ever belonged to the NRA so I don't give a flying backwards fuck what the NRA does.

And you don't want to stop criminals from getting weapons you want to make it harder or nearly impossible for law abiding people to get weapons

And quite frankly you have no authority to speak for all Americans.

I;ll tell you what I know.

I know that there are violent people out there who won't think twice about hurting me or my wife.

I know that you cannot stop those people from doing harm even though you think you can.

I know that the government cannot protect me from violent people even though they say they will.

I know that the only person who is going to protect me and my wife in the middle of the night in case of a break in is me.

So until I know differently I will support gun ownership 100%

That's bullshit and paranoid bullshit at that. You don't know a damn thing and obviously can't learn.

. Just remember one though, there is a big difference between being stabbed and dead from a gunshot.

More people die from stabbing every year than rifles.

A lot more. I looked up the stat today. I think it was 323 killed by rifle and 1,700 killed by blade type weapons. Over 700 killed by hands, feet and fists. According to FBI stats 2011. (The latest available). These are illegal killings (ie Homicides)

Because every one of Obama's edicts and wishes focuses on the law abiding.

Nothing on criminals.

Accountability is what is missing.

That's mindless rhetoric and I've seen them posted.

You people think someone will believe your lies and they won't. You can find a list of those executive orders and prove every one of Obama's edicts are focused on the law abiding, so do it! The first one that comes to mind is about the mentally ill, so I know it's a lie. I doubt you can even find one that focuses on the law abiding, because I can't think of one.

Do it or be a liar!

22 device.
40 class A misdemeanor.

NY Gun Law Text

Quote where I mentioned the magazines or be a liar!

Because assholes like Cuomo and the legislator in Iowa keep talking about confiscation.

I assume asking if I have a "like" is your in articulate way of asking for link. I don't normally go about Googling things for people, but....

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Cuomo says Confiscation of guns is an option

Iowa lawmaker calls for retroactive gun ban, confiscation of semi-automatic weapons

Another anti-Liberty a-hole

There, don't doubt me again.

. Just remember one though, there is a big difference between being stabbed and dead from a gunshot.

More people die from stabbing every year than rifles.

More people where and post links to prove what you say! I did post a recent chart and I didn't notice large amounts of stabbings.

Are you always this useless when it comes to using the Internet? Do people always have to keep you informed?

Geez!!

FBI report on homicides for the last 5 years on a silver platter

Ok, now you're looking really bad here, you need to do something to turn it around. I have confidence in you. Say something intelligent now. Come on, I know you can do it!

It's not the system that makes it easy for criminals to get guns, its the whole being a criminal part. It make is much easier when you have no compunction about stealing someone else's gun or buying one on the black market. Criminals probably don't submit themselves to a lot of criminal background checks, because....uhh...they'd fail them, doncha know. So, the "system" of selling guns is pretty good. There can be improvements here and there, but the basic system is pretty good. It prevents criminals from buying guns at the gun store, just like we want it to.

Now, if you were interested in solving the crime problem that would help a lot. In Virginia and in Florida and few other states where common sense isn't as scarce as hen's teeth, we have a system they says if you are in possession of a gun and commit a crime, you just got a mandatory 10 years added on to your sentence. If you pull it out while the crime is committed, you just got 20 years. If you fire it, you got life in prison. We also have a little thing called "Truth in sentencing." That means you will do at least 85% of your sentence no matter how good you are while you're there. That means that people that use guns while committing crimes in this state go to jail forever. Now, if every state had those laws, think how much safer we'd all be.

By the way, there are a lot of lefties in the NRA. I saw one at the gun show a couple of weeks ago counter demonstrating against Code Pink. He had a sign saying he was a San Francisco liberal assault rifle owner and NRA supporter. So, take your bias elsewhere. You should be more concerned with solving the actual problem than trying to find ways to subvert the Constitution.

Those two states may be the ones you are familiar with but I think every state has similar laws for sentencing.

Criminals get other people to buy for them and it isn't like they leave guns all over the place.

Piss on your NRA rhetoric!

I assume asking if I have a "like" is your in articulate way of asking for link. I don't normally go about Googling things for people, but....

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Cuomo says Confiscation of guns is an option

Iowa lawmaker calls for retroactive gun ban, confiscation of semi-automatic weapons

Another anti-Liberty a-hole

There, don't doubt me again.

Can you read? He was asked a question and gave every possibility.

Forum List

Back