"common Sense Gun Laws"

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?
No such thing as common sense gun laws. Your common sense may be different from your neighbors. Your neighbor may think its just common sense to have an arsenal complete with automatic assault rifles, LAWs, and hand grenades. Others would view that as a paranoid madman.

Tell me if the guy with the so called arsenal never breaks the law what's your issue with him?

The most sensible thing that can be done is to enforce draconian punishments on anyone breaking the law. THAT will be the best deterrent

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?
No such thing as common sense gun laws. Your common sense may be different from your neighbors. Your neighbor may think its just common sense to have an arsenal complete with automatic assault rifles, LAWs, and hand grenades. Others would view that as a paranoid madman.

Tell me if the guy with the so called arsenal never breaks the law what's your issue with him?

The most sensible thing that can be done is to enforce draconian punishments on anyone breaking the law. THAT will be the best deterrent
My issue would be that he could snap and blow up my neighborhood. His first foray into lawbreaking could result in many lives lost. No one needs an arsenal unless they are in the military.

What else?
How do you enforce the storage law?

Random searches?

IMO the only law needed is life in prison without parole for any crime committed with a firearm. And negligence on the owner's part is a crime.
i have stated before at least 25 years and you serve every minute and depending on how much damage was done you get time added on....of course paranoid Zeke and others like him will probably say im advocating gun violence... ....

This is one of my biggest points. If you commit a violent crime with a firearm, you go to prison. PERIOD. No time off for good behavior. No parole. If you are worried about prison overcrowding, let the people who were convicted of drug offenses (nonviolent offenders) out of prison. They shouldn't have been there to begin with.

And if you commit premeditated murder, you never get out of prison. Take the violent offenders off the streets and keep them off.

Wasn't this supposed to be "common sense" gun law. LMAO.

Most of the violent crimes will be done by men under the age of 30.

Rather than try and deny men under thirty the easy ability to obtain a firearm to commit an armed crime, you all would rather, when they get caught and I presume tried and convicted, throw them in jail either forever or just short of forever.

That is so fucking stupid that I had to laugh my ass off. And you guys are serious and think you are doing men under the age 30 a FAVOR.

Unbelievable.

I never said that men under 30 shouldn't have access to ANY guns. Shooting at a range, with responsible people over 30, etc etc.

I said not let them buy them from legal reputable sources.

Ya'll got no common sense to me. There is ALREADY an age restriction on gun purchases.

Any one want to bet that most of the kids who find a gun at home and kill or injure with that gun, that gun was bought and taken home by a man under 30. Any one want that bet? You think accidental child deaths by gun might come down. You all for that?

Common fucking sense says that if you know WHO commits the majority of violent crimes and the age range in which that group exists, you at least make it much harder for that group to buy guns.

What is the big deal.

If a young woman should happen to have a relationship with a jealous hothead and she breaks up with this dude, why should this young woman have to worry that her jealous now ex can very easily buy all the guns he wants to kill her and whoever? Men under 30 commit most of those crimes.

Ask any cop you can find how they would feel if it wasn't so easy for men under 30 to buy guns. See if they'd be heartbroken like you all are.
Shooting at a range, with responsible people over 30, etc etc.

so a 28 year old would have to ask Daddy to come along....like i said Zeke.....paranoid people like you make things worse...

Did you ever answer my question as to who commits most of the crazy shooting in this country. No you ignored that. Even though it is men under the age of 30. If you are gonna deny that stat, what's to talk about. It's the truth you are denying.
-What % of males under age 30 commit gun-related crimes?
-How is it 'common sense' that the misdeeds of that % justify the removal of the right to arms for the rest?

What else?

My issue would be that he could snap and blow up my neighborhood. His first foray into lawbreaking could result in many lives lost. No one needs an arsenal unless they are in the military.
Any parent in your neighborhood could snap and kill their kids or yours so why not dent them the right to procreate?

And let's not get into the who needs what argument because I can come up with a list a mile long of shit people don't need.

If the guy never breaks the law what is your issue with him? You can't deny a law abiding person his rights because you think he might maybe possible sometime in the near or distant future commit a crime. if you could then we would be confiscating drivers' licenses because people might drink before getting behind the wheel.

Mind your own business.

What else?
How do you enforce the storage law?

Random searches?

IMO the only law needed is life in prison without parole for any crime committed with a firearm. And negligence on the owner's part is a crime.
i have stated before at least 25 years and you serve every minute and depending on how much damage was done you get time added on....of course paranoid Zeke and others like him will probably say im advocating gun violence... ....

This is one of my biggest points. If you commit a violent crime with a firearm, you go to prison. PERIOD. No time off for good behavior. No parole. If you are worried about prison overcrowding, let the people who were convicted of drug offenses (nonviolent offenders) out of prison. They shouldn't have been there to begin with.

And if you commit premeditated murder, you never get out of prison. Take the violent offenders off the streets and keep them off.

Wasn't this supposed to be "common sense" gun law. LMAO.

Most of the violent crimes will be done by men under the age of 30.

Rather than try and deny men under thirty the easy ability to obtain a firearm to commit an armed crime, you all would rather, when they get caught and I presume tried and convicted, throw them in jail either forever or just short of forever.

That is so fucking stupid that I had to laugh my ass off. And you guys are serious and think you are doing men under the age 30 a FAVOR.

Unbelievable.

I never said that men under 30 shouldn't have access to ANY guns. Shooting at a range, with responsible people over 30, etc etc.

I said not let them buy them from legal reputable sources.

Ya'll got no common sense to me. There is ALREADY an age restriction on gun purchases.

Any one want to bet that most of the kids who find a gun at home and kill or injure with that gun, that gun was bought and taken home by a man under 30. Any one want that bet? You think accidental child deaths by gun might come down. You all for that?

Common fucking sense says that if you know WHO commits the majority of violent crimes and the age range in which that group exists, you at least make it much harder for that group to buy guns.

What is the big deal.

If a young woman should happen to have a relationship with a jealous hothead and she breaks up with this dude, why should this young woman have to worry that her jealous now ex can very easily buy all the guns he wants to kill her and whoever? Men under 30 commit most of those crimes.

Ask any cop you can find how they would feel if it wasn't so easy for men under 30 to buy guns. See if they'd be heartbroken like you all are.
Why should people who would never commit a crime (and that is most people btw) be restricted in their behavior for the sake of the very few who will commit a crime?

I don't care how old a person is when they commit a crime. The consequences of crime should be draconian.
not to people like Zeke......you restrict everyone,so this way everyone is pissed and things get worse...

What else?

Any parent in your neighborhood could snap and kill their kids or yours so why not dent them the right to procreate?

And let's not get into the who needs what argument because I can come up with a list a mile long of shit people don't need.

If the guy never breaks the law what is your issue with him? You can't deny a law abiding person his rights because you think he might maybe possible sometime in the near or distant future commit a crime. if you could then we would be confiscating drivers' licenses because people might drink before getting behind the wheel.

Mind your own business.

Bullshit and ad hominem..

Parents werent created for the purpose of killing their children.

I can come up with a list of things people dont need but again most or all of them were not created with the purpose of being able to kill another human.

I just told what my issue was. I dont think he should have that much firepower unless he is in the military and even the military doesnt allow a solider access to that much fire power on a whim. Using a license is not that same. People can and do get their licenses taken if they are a threat to the public.

I am minding my business.

What else?

a guy with one gun could snap and shoot 10 people in your neighborhood before he is stopped....

What else?

a guy with one gun could snap and shoot 10 people in your neighborhood before he is stopped....

One guy with a M60 could take out 100 people in less time before he is stopped. See the difference?

What else?
True -- people with an irrational fear of guns may very well think that.

What else?

My issue would be that he could snap and blow up my neighborhood.'
Simple ownership and possession of any number of firearms does not harm you, nor does it place you in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger As such, there is no basis for the restriction of the right to same.
See, in a free country, we don't restrict rights based on someone's irrational fear of what someone might do.

Last edited:

What else?
People that have that many guns usually are irrational and fearfully paranoid. I have several weapons in my home. I am not under the illusion that its for anything else other than home defense in the fear someone may one day attempt to come into my home and do me or my family harm. I could pretend its for target practice but I'm real with myself.

What else?

Simple ownership and possession of any number of firearms does not harm you. not does it place you in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger As such, there is no basis for the restriction of the right to same.
See, in a free country, we don't restrict rights based on someone's irrational fear of what someone might do.
Wrong. Thats why you cant yell fire in a crowded place or own a nuclear warhead.

What else?

Simple ownership and possession of any number of firearms does not harm you. not does it place you in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger As such, there is no basis for the restriction of the right to same.
Wrong. That's why you cant yell fire in a crowded place or own a nuclear warhead.
No....
Those things cause harm or place people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger,.
Simple ownership/possession any number of firearms does not.
In a free country, we don't restrict rights based on someone's irrational fear of what someone might do.

What else?
People that have that many guns usually are irrational and fearfully paranoid.
Prove this to be true, rather than a product of your ignorance and bigotry.

Wrong. That's why you cant yell fire in a crowded place or own a nuclear warhead.
No....
Those things cause harm or place people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger,.
In a free country, we don't restrict rights based on someone's irrational fear of what someone might do.

So does having an arsenal.of weapons.There is a clear, present, and immediate danger of someone with that much firepower being able to kill multiple humans with little to no effort.

What else?
What form of proof are you looking for?

No....
So does having an arsenal.of weapons.There is a clear, present, and immediate danger of someone with that much firepower being able to kill multiple humans with little to no effort.
You do not understand the meaning of "clear present and immediate danger'. As such you argue from ignorance or, perhaps, dishonesty.
Clear and present danger - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
No number of guns in my basement meets this standard.

Last edited:

What else?
What form of proof are you looking for?
Something substantive that does not involve opinion, especially yours.

No....
You do not understand the meaning of "clear present and immediate danger'. As such you argue from ignorance or, perhaps, dishonesty.
You dont understand what restrictions mean so I guess we are even. In a free country we do restrict rights based on fears of what someone would do. Thats why you cant own a nuclear warhead or shout fire in a crowded public place. Those rights are being restricted due to what someone might do. How do you keep missing that?

Forum List

Back