Common Sense & Mass Murder

The 6 year old, 13 year old and a young man murdered by a gun lost their right to life, liberty and happiness.

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

It's past time to reevaluate the Second Amendment, and to face the reality that the majority of members of Congress put their job security first, in spite of the costs in blood and treasure that their inaction allows. There is enough ambiguity in the wording of the 2nd to allow Congress, and/or State Legislatures or City Councils to pass regulations which protect the people they represent.

Then let the NRA go broke defending their outdated policies.

Good lord you are stupid. Do you not realize that the weapon used was outlawed in California. It was actually illegal to bring it into the state. Laws will NOT stop crime. All they can do is be used to punish those whose mental demons and selfish desires put us all at risk. Gun control is not the answer. Mental health treatment and teaching our children self control is the only thing that will curb this sort of thing.

enlighten me,,,

As soon as you tell me you're unaware of it.

figures,,,I knew one didnt exist,,,

Look up the 2nd Amendment, then holler back.
I have it right here,,,and it says nothing ON THIS TOPIC other than
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BARE ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Nothing about a well-regulated militia? You must have a special copy.

Nothing about a well-regulated militia?

is that where you stopped reading?

Didn't get to the part about "the right of the people to keep and bear arms"?

" well-regulated militia?"

only allowed males, between the ages of 16-45, no women, no one physically or mentally challenged?

kinda restrictive, isn't it?

thats a different subject and a qualifier for why shall not be infringed was needed,,,

and it says nothing about regs or restrictions

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It's part of the same sentence and you claim it's a different subject? Do you think it's there because there wasn't room elsewhere?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..." is a dependent clause and not the main focus of the Amendment. And, by the way, well regulated was used to mean "well trained and in good working order" not rules.

only allowed males, between the ages of 16-45, no women, no one physically or mentally challenged?

I would say it didnt even mean that,,,

it was a qualifier for why the people should always be armed

Gun crime has been dropping since the 80s. I see no need to reevaluate the second amendment.

Here's another 2nd Amendment Celebration now!

Walmart shooting: 2 people are dead and an officer is is wounded in Mississippi - CNN

We live in a country of over 330 million people. Bad shit is going to happen. It remains a fact that gun crime has been dropping since the 80s. The left's crusade against firearms is emotional hogwash.

"emotional hogwash"? Is having empathy for the killed, wounded and their loved ones is emotional hogwash, in you opinion? If so you are the epitome of a callous conservative, aka, sociopaths.

name calling instead of arguments already? Sad.

if you search, what I listed were qualifications to be part of a militia.

THE 2ND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH QUALIFICATIONS,,,

only why it was needed,,,

THE 2ND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH QUALIFICATIONS,,,

only why it was needed,,,

you're getting hysterical.

Many on the left claim the Second only provides for the Militia.

I pointed out how restrictive that is.

Try to keep up.

The 6 year old, 13 year old and a young man murdered by a gun lost their right to life, liberty and happiness.

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

It's past time to reevaluate the Second Amendment, and to face the reality that the majority of members of Congress put their job security first, in spite of the costs in blood and treasure that their inaction allows. There is enough ambiguity in the wording of the 2nd to allow Congress, and/or State Legislatures or City Councils to pass regulations which protect the people they represent.

Fascism and other forms of Totalitarianism aren't common sense.

It's been tried before. Millions died because of it.

As long as everyone clearly understands that there is no question that the Left absolutely will not stop until Americans are disarmed....and that THAT IS the only acceptable outcome.

Anything less is placating lies and propaganda.

Totalitarianism cannot exist against a population that can defend itself against tyranny.

But then....since "good men" were not willing to so much as whimper a resistance......

I'm an educated Democrat, socially liberal, fiscally responsible, not a fascist, not a "Commie" and in touch with reality, something you keep proving you are not.

That's what you like to think you are. That gives you the excuse. Your words prove you favor authoritarianism over liberty. You are a danger to freedom.
And if "good men" are unwilling to stop your kind, they are going to pay a terrible price ultimately.

And "Educated Democrat" is an oxymoron.

and yet you fail to post this clause,,,

Are you unaware of it?

enlighten me,,,

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed......who are the people?...

The person who violated the rights of those 3 people paid with his life. Justice served.

Or do you want two people randomly selected to make it even Steven?

thats a different subject and a qualifier for why shall not be infringed was needed,,,

and it says nothing about regs or restrictions
we

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It's part of the same sentence and you claim it's a different subject? Do you think it's there because there wasn't room elsewhere?

Earlier
we were talking about the right to bare arms not why a militia was necessary,,,

please try and keep up,,,

you said there was a clause that allowed for regs and restrictions,,,so where is it???

The necessity of a well-regulated militia is a qualifying clause (or was until hacktivist judges decided to pretend it wasn't there). Earlier Supreme Court decisions recognized it as a collective right.

You think that was restrictive, you should have heard some of the other things they did in the day. The 'people' didn't even include all persons.

Isnt it the left who cries when we make political statements when these gun tragedies occur?

Lol
No amount of frivolous gun control laws would’ve changed what happened. You spineless piece of shit

You realize of course that the communities that have some of the strictest gun laws have the most fun violence. Also the places with the less strict laws are safer. You know that right?
You're looking at this backwards, though. Those communities enacted stricter gun laws BECAUSE of the high violence in their communities. The places where gun murders are not prevalent have no need to enact stricter gun laws.

Forum List

Back