Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solar Panels add value to a home....much like it does keeping the wheels on your domicile sitting in your Alabama Trailer Park and out of a pawnshop.

20150825_065014%255B1%255D.jpg

Thanks for playing though. :113:
No one is stopping you from buying them, douchebag.

Why is your punkazz crying about this issue then, you sniveling HuckleCuck? :113:

I have an experiment I would like for any of these stupid Moon Bats that think solar panels work.

Go buy a cheap electric meter. You can get them for less than $20 on Amazon. By a 12" x 12" glass panel. A couple of dollars.

Set the glass panel out in the yard or on top of the roof or some place out of the way.

On a day when there are no clouds in the sky measure the light meter reading under the plate of glass at a certain time.

Every month or so take the reading at the same time of day and when there are no clouds in the sky.

You will observe two things.

First of all the amount of light will fall off dramatically due to the seasons. Of course we all know that but the solar panel models that claim you will have a short payback only calculates the maximum power at the time of the summer solstice. Buyer beware!

Second is that the glass will become covered with dust and whatnot that rain won't wash off and transmit less light. That accumulation will become significant after about three years. That is what will happen to the surfaces of any solar panel.

That experiment doesn't even take into consideration of the deterioration of the photocells themselves, just the effect of surface contamination.

Only a dumbshit would buy solar cells.

Only a dumbshit government would mandate their use.
People that go solar have reasons other than saving a buck. I think that's great. They use less electric power which means less pollution and less new power plants to build.

I think that's great too, as long as nobody forced them into buying solar panels or windmills. It's their pet project, but shouldn't have to be everybody's.

If the people of California want to save the environment more power to them. It's there money.

They always had the ability to save the environment. They could have purchased alternative means of energy anytime they wanted on an individual basis.

So you're trying to compare no indoor plumbing which can lead to diseases for you and your neighbors to solar panels?

No, I'm saying that everything that goes into new construction is required. Why is this any different and why do you care?
Forced Acceptance

Get over it. Building codes are updated all of the time.
Has nothing to do with structural integrity or safety. It is a Forced Purchase whether you agree with it or not.

What is the next law?? Forced to buy a Golf Cart??
Has nothing to do with structural integrity or safety.

Who says it has to?
Most CFR's are for safety and Structural integrity. They don't specify that you have to have a storm door now do they.

This is pushing political ideology. Will get removed by the courts

No one is forcing you to buy a new home in CA either.

Only a total fucking moron would imagine the two things are equivalent.

Exactly the same.

Tell us again why you feel it's a bad idea.
It's not the same, dumbass. One is a totally free choice, the other is the kind of choice a mugger gives you.

Exact same choice. Plenty of existing housing stock with no panels.
It's the same choice a mugger gives, moron.

Whining is a choice as well.

I can't applaud them more for that.

I've believed that all new houses should be made with solar panels in them for decades.

No it shouldn't be a choice anymore.

We don't have a choice about a lot of things when It comes to houses. There are housing codes and zoning laws that we all must comply with.

So what if they created a law that says all new homes must come with a built-in gun safe, or perhaps an indoor swimming pool, or maybe a 120 inch big screen?

T'here is a difference when government makes regulation for safety and government makes regulation for pet projects; especially when such regulations will cost you thousands and thousands of dollars.
Governments can and certainly do make it's citizens buy things they don't want.

And when they do, it's very dangerous to a free society. It's why Americas who believe in freedom should fight it every step of the way.
When have people ever had the right to buy only what they wanted? I have no need for car insurance. I'm financial able to cover the legal liability requirements but the state still says I have to buy car insurance. Computer hardware and software producers routinely force businesses to buy upgrades they don't want or need. I have to pay for a backflow test every 5 years on a water line the city has cut off. Most economically advance countries either provide health insurance or require citizens to buy it. Switzerland, a rare example of direct democracy was one of the first countries in the world to require that it's people purchase health insurance.

About the only place in the world where citizens are completely free to spend their money as they chose are those countries where most of the people have nothing to spend.

The bottom line is in any modern "free" society, government must require people to do things they don't want to do for the good of society. Carry this to one extreme and you have a totalitarian state. Carry it to other extreme and society becomes chaotic where only the fittest survive. The balance between these two extremes determines the success of a society.

The difference between car insurance and solar panels is that you carry it for the protection of people you may harm in an accident. To my knowledge, no state makes you buy insurance to protect your car. The bank may if you carry a loan on the vehicle, but not the government.

And we're not talking about private companies and upgrades either. This is about the government and how much control they have over the people.

No, I'm saying that everything that goes into new construction is required. Why is this any different and why do you care?
Forced Acceptance

Has nothing to do with structural integrity or safety. It is a Forced Purchase whether you agree with it or not.

Who says it has to?
Most CFR's are for safety and Structural integrity. They don't specify that you have to have a storm door now do they.

Nosense. There are plenty of efficiency codes as well.

Forced Acceptance

Who says it has to?

Solar panels aren't efficient. 17 to 20% range.

I hereby order you to buy a gun. Get busy

Who says it has to?

Solar panels are also very toxic to the environment to make.

Who says it has to?

Nonsense. That would not be a vialble product at that rate.

I have an experiment I would like for any of these stupid Moon Bats that think solar panels work.

Go buy a cheap electric meter. You can get them for less than $20 on Amazon. By a 12" x 12" glass panel. A couple of dollars.

Set the glass panel out in the yard or on top of the roof or some place out of the way.

On a day when there are no clouds in the sky measure the light meter reading under the plate of glass at a certain time.

Every month or so take the reading at the same time of day and when there are no clouds in the sky.

You will observe two things.

First of all the amount of light will fall off dramatically due to the seasons. Of course we all know that but the solar panel models that claim you will have a short payback only calculates the maximum power at the time of the summer solstice. Buyer beware!

Second is that the glass will become covered with dust and whatnot that rain won't wash off and transmit less light. That accumulation will become significant after about three years. That is what will happen to the surfaces of any solar panel.

That experiment doesn't even take into consideration of the deterioration of the photocells themselves, just the effect of surface contamination.

Only a dumbshit would buy solar cells.

Only a dumbshit government would mandate their use.
People that go solar have reasons other than saving a buck. I think that's great. They use less electric power which means less pollution and less new power plants to build.

If you have more money than brains then by all means waste some of it to "save the earth".

Just don't get upset when we ridicule you for being a dumbass.
The fact is most people are not totally driven by money. They do care about things other than just their own life. They're concerned about the polar bears, shrinking glaciers, the quality of the water we drink, the air we breath, or the welfare of others. Now if you think's that's worthy of your ridicule, then so be it.

So be it Moon Bat.

If you were really concerned about pollution then you should have done what I did. An Environmental Engineer that spent 30 years cleaning up pollution. Beats the hell out of buying a few worthless cost ineffective solar panels that do nothing to help the environment.

If you were really concerned about pollution you would be condemning Russia, China, Brazil, India and the whole continent of Africa because they are the big polluters nowadays.

The US spends as much money on environmental controls and restoration each year as the rest of the world combined. We are doing more than our share to protect he environment. The fossil fuel or nuclear power generator in your area is not a problem.

Who says it has to?

Nonsense. That would not be a vialble product at that rate.
Educate yourself. Go to solr panels and look at the spec sheets and learn.

[

I think that's great too, as long as nobody forced them into buying solar panels or windmills. It's their pet project, but shouldn't have to be everybody's.

I think these Moon Bats forget about what this thread is about. It is about an oppressive government forcing people to buy what they don't need or what.

If he really believes in free choice then he should join us to condemn the commies in Kalifornia.

[

I think these Moon Bats forget about what this thread is about. It is about an oppressive government forcing people to buy what they don't need or what.

If he really believes in free choice then he should join us to condemn the commies in Kalifornia.
Well, it's my thread, but it is about what can the gummit compel there be in private contracts to protect us from an environmental danger. Of course you may disagree with the voters in Calif that global warming is a danger, but the want to reduce hydrocarbon use. Catalytic converters. Disposal of tires, batteries and oil.

I didn't offer an opinion either way.

I can't applaud them more for that.

I've believed that all new houses should be made with solar panels in them for decades.

No it shouldn't be a choice anymore.

We don't have a choice about a lot of things when It comes to houses. There are housing codes and zoning laws that we all must comply with.

So what if they created a law that says all new homes must come with a built-in gun safe, or perhaps an indoor swimming pool, or maybe a 120 inch big screen?

T'here is a difference when government makes regulation for safety and government makes regulation for pet projects; especially when such regulations will cost you thousands and thousands of dollars.
Governments can and certainly do make it's citizens buy things they don't want.

And when they do, it's very dangerous to a free society. It's why Americas who believe in freedom should fight it every step of the way.
When have people ever had the right to buy only what they wanted? I have no need for car insurance. I'm financial able to cover the legal liability requirements but the state still says I have to buy car insurance. Computer hardware and software producers routinely force businesses to buy upgrades they don't want or need. I have to pay for a backflow test every 5 years on a water line the city has cut off. Most economically advance countries either provide health insurance or require citizens to buy it. Switzerland, a rare example of direct democracy was one of the first countries in the world to require that it's people purchase health insurance.

About the only place in the world where citizens are completely free to spend their money as they chose are those countries where most of the people have nothing to spend.

The bottom line is in any modern "free" society, government must require people to do things they don't want to do for the good of society. Carry this to one extreme and you have a totalitarian state. Carry it to other extreme and society becomes chaotic where only the fittest survive. The balance between these two extremes determines the success of a society.

Your error is the belief that the state defines your rights. It doesn't. It routinely violates your rights. Forcing you to buy things you don't want is one way it violates your rights. Government doesn't require you to buy things in a "free society." We live in a police state, not a free society. The latter got flushed down the toilet ages ago.

[

Well, it's my thread, but it is about what can the gummit compel there be in private contracts to protect us from an environmental danger. Of course you may disagree with the voters in Calif that global warming is a danger, but the want to reduce hydrocarbon use. Catalytic converters. Disposal of tires, batteries and oil.

I didn't offer an opinion either way.

There is no doubt that the Moon Bat assholes in Commie Kalifornia are batshit crazy.. Not just with Environmental wackoism but just about everything else.

Democracy is the rule of the mob and can be used to take liberties away from people and this solar panel mandate (if passed) is a great example.

The FEUDAL SYSTEM. No middle class. The rich and the thoroughly screwed.

Yes. How dare they mandate that I never have an electric bill.

Now you're catching on.

I know, right?
I'm still hot that they require me to have functional toilets. I'm perfectly happy to shit in a bucket.

So you're trying to compare no indoor plumbing which can lead to diseases for you and your neighbors to solar panels?

Because for the most part, building codes and regulation are there for a purpose. For one, if you hired a company to build your house, and they are building it the wrong way or in a way that presents a danger to you and others, it's perfectly understandable. You also don't want to get ripped off by them installing something that will cost you a fortune to fix down the road. Those regulations also help protect the buyer of your home if you sell it.

Solar panels? Such regulations are not protecting anybody. So why solar panels? Because environment is a leftist obsession, and we shouldn't allow anybody to write laws based on their personal hangups. If you want to spend the money to save the world, go right ahead. But don't write laws to force me to do the same especially if my political view resents the global warming hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back