Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says it has to?
Most CFR's are for safety and Structural integrity. They don't specify that you have to have a storm door now do they.

This is pushing political ideology. Will get removed by the courts

Nosense. There are plenty of efficiency codes as well.
Solar panels aren't efficient. 17 to 20% range.

I hereby order you to buy a gun. Get busy

Nonsense. That would not be a vialble product at that rate.
Educate yourself. Go to solr panels and look at the spec sheets and learn.

Or just use some common sense.

Disney just announced a huge solar farm that will eventually power two of their parks.
Do you honestly believe that they are planning on at least five times as many panels than their rated output?
Of course not.
There are huge installations all around the country that have been operational for quite some time. The software shows their output production and efficiency in real time.
The science is clear on the subject.

Solar panels are an investment, not a cost; they pay for themselves.
Solar panels last for decades.
Maintenance is laughably little; brush off the snow.
The best thing about solar, and the thing control freaks hate, is that it decentralizes power.

most honest solar brokers will tell you that the break even point is around 10 years for a new solar system and that most systems have a useful life of 15-18 years. the panels themselves are relatively maintenance free (unless you have a hail storm) but the electrical components are just like your AC, furnace, or stove, they break down, wear out, or require replacement parts.

:rolleyes: Most honest brokers do a COST ANALYSIS of a specific house, with specific roof, in a specific state with specific weather, expected energy costs and tax incentives.

Break even point for me is just 2-3 years.

I don't believe that, but if you do, great. Lets see, $20,000 divided by 24 equals $833, so to break even in two years you need to save $833 per month on your electric bill. to do it in 3 years you need to save $555 per month.

you are kidding yourself.

It’s not 20k, it’s 6k after all the incentives

Slippery slope?

They let the homeless shit in the streets. Now THAT'S a slippery slope! :auiqs.jpg:

well now that we got a president is FINALLY doing things good for america,hopefully that will change soon.

This is what Obama Care started. Now government is going to tell you what you have to buy for yourself instead of you making that decision. Talk about a slippery slope.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

A lot of California envy going on…

For many years, more people have been leaving California for other states than have been moving here. According to data from the American Community Survey, from 2007 to 2016, about 5 million people moved to California from other states, while about 6 million left California. On net, the state lost 1 million residents to domestic migration

California Losing Residents Via Domestic Migration [EconTax Blog]
I get offers for work in San Jose all the time. I always turn them down.

would gladly trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Yes. How dare they mandate that I never have an electric bill.

Now you're catching on.

I know, right?
I'm still hot that they require me to have functional toilets. I'm perfectly happy to shit in a bucket.

So you're trying to compare no indoor plumbing which can lead to diseases for you and your neighbors to solar panels?

No, I'm saying that everything that goes into new construction is required. Why is this any different and why do you care?

Because for the most part, building codes and regulation are there for a purpose. For one, if you hired a company to build your house, and they are building it the wrong way or in a way that presents a danger to you and others, it's perfectly understandable. You also don't want to get ripped off by them installing something that will cost you a fortune to fix down the road. Those regulations also help protect the buyer of your home if you sell it.

Solar panels? Such regulations are not protecting anybody. So why solar panels? Because environment is a leftist obsession, and we shouldn't allow anybody to write laws based on their personal hangups. If you want to spend the money to save the world, go right ahead. But don't write laws to force me to do the same especially if my political view resents the global warming hoax.
THAT's not necessarily true, at least in Calif. They're maxed out on hydro, esp with the weather. Nukes not an option, given Fukishima. A new house puts something new on the grid. That's a building issue. They want solar and not hydrocarbon elec. And it's not just global warming, for them.

But yeah, how far can codes go? It's not about wire or pipe gauge.

Yes. How dare they mandate that I never have an electric bill.

Now you're catching on.

I know, right?
I'm still hot that they require me to have functional toilets. I'm perfectly happy to shit in a bucket.

So you're trying to compare no indoor plumbing which can lead to diseases for you and your neighbors to solar panels?

No, I'm saying that everything that goes into new construction is required. Why is this any different and why do you care?

Because for the most part, building codes and regulation are there for a purpose. For one, if you hired a company to build your house, and they are building it the wrong way or in a way that presents a danger to you and others, it's perfectly understandable. You also don't want to get ripped off by them installing something that will cost you a fortune to fix down the road. Those regulations also help protect the buyer of your home if you sell it.

Solar panels? Such regulations are not protecting anybody. So why solar panels? Because environment is a leftist obsession, and we shouldn't allow anybody to write laws based on their personal hangups. If you want to spend the money to save the world, go right ahead. But don't write laws to force me to do the same especially if my political view resents the global warming hoax.

This regulation is there for a purpose whether you acknowledge that or not.

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure. Excess will be put back into the grid and used locally in real time. If you can't see the benefit of that going foreward, then you aren't trying to.
Lastly, less dependency on a huge, outdated and inefficient power grid and transmission system is far better for national security.

Why do you care where the power comes from as long as it works when you flip the switch?

Cali has an energy problem . Also has a lot of sunlight !

Seems like a smart idea .

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But shouldn't the citizens be allowed to make that decision and not the government?

You act as if the energy system out West ISNT heavily subsidized by the gov.

I don't know if it is or isn't, but what I do know is that when government starts forcing people to buy things they don't want, we have one foot in the communist grave already.

we have actually been a communist state since 1913 and lost that chance to be a free country on nov 22nd 1963.If you dont know why 1913 was a critical year google in HOW WE LOST OUR FREEDOMS IN 1913,WOODROW WILSON. Kennedy tried to change that and paid the fatal price for doing so.

[

I think that's great too, as long as nobody forced them into buying solar panels or windmills. It's their pet project, but shouldn't have to be everybody's.

I think these Moon Bats forget about what this thread is about. It is about an oppressive government forcing people to buy what they don't need or what.

If he really believes in free choice then he should join us to condemn the commies in Kalifornia.

If you don't need it and don't want it , don't buy it.

The best thing about solar, and the thing control freaks hate, is that it decentralizes power.

most honest solar brokers will tell you that the break even point is around 10 years for a new solar system and that most systems have a useful life of 15-18 years. the panels themselves are relatively maintenance free (unless you have a hail storm) but the electrical components are just like your AC, furnace, or stove, they break down, wear out, or require replacement parts.

:rolleyes: Most honest brokers do a COST ANALYSIS of a specific house, with specific roof, in a specific state with specific weather, expected energy costs and tax incentives.

I don't believe that, but if you do, great. Lets see, $20,000 divided by 24 equals $833, so to break even in two years you need to save $833 per month on your electric bill. to do it in 3 years you need to save $555 per month.

Even $20k is not bad to be energy independent. It's no more than buying a car.

[

I think that's great too, as long as nobody forced them into buying solar panels or windmills. It's their pet project, but shouldn't have to be everybody's.

I think these Moon Bats forget about what this thread is about. It is about an oppressive government forcing people to buy what they don't need or what.

If he really believes in free choice then he should join us to condemn the commies in Kalifornia.

Kalifornia is mandating them on new homes if the bill is passed. You wouldn't have a choice. Pretty oppressive, isn't it?

That will really run up the cost of existing homes because it adds $40K to the cost of a new home. That is bad in a state that already has high housing cost.

Trust the Liberal idiots to screw up everything they touch.

The same should be done for cars, especially the oversized ones. They should be electric and for each such vehicle sold the equivalent solar capacity should be installed to supply that vehicle.

Again, people do yourself a favor and get your trailers wheels out of pawn first. OK?

You South and Lazies have tape worm sanitation problems and your talking about solar panels.

Even $20k is not bad to be energy independent. It's no more than buying a car.
...and, unlike a car, it pays itself back and then puts money in the owner's pocket.

[

Kalifornia is mandating them on new homes if the bill is passed. You wouldn't have a choice. Pretty oppressive, isn't it?

That will really run up the cost of existing homes because it adds $40K to the cost of a new home. That is bad in a state that already has high housing cost.

You do have a choice. Exactly every bit of existing housing stock is free from that regulation.

Again, people do yourself a favor and get your trailers wheels out of pawn first. OK?

You South and Lazies have tape worm sanitation problems and your talking about solar panels.

I think what you should do is find another line than Trailer Park. You use it so much it's hardly funny, and certainly getting old. Keep your day job.

Most CFR's are for safety and Structural integrity. They don't specify that you have to have a storm door now do they.

This is pushing political ideology. Will get removed by the courts

Nosense. There are plenty of efficiency codes as well.
Solar panels aren't efficient. 17 to 20% range.

I hereby order you to buy a gun. Get busy

Nonsense. That would not be a vialble product at that rate.
Educate yourself. Go to solr panels and look at the spec sheets and learn.

Or just use some common sense.

Disney just announced a huge solar farm that will eventually power two of their parks.
Do you honestly believe that they are planning on at least five times as many panels than their rated output?
Of course not.
There are huge installations all around the country that have been operational for quite some time. The software shows their output production and efficiency in real time.
The science is clear on the subject.
I asked you to look at Solar panels. Try solar world or whoever. Click the spec sheet and look for yourself.

There is a reason for the efficiency at those levels. I highly doubt you know why.

Now you're catching on.

I know, right?

This regulation is there for a purpose whether you acknowledge that or not.

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure. Excess will be put back into the grid and used locally in real time. If you can't see the benefit of that going foreward, then you aren't trying to.
Lastly, less dependency on a huge, outdated and inefficient power grid and transmission system is far better for national security.

Why do you care where the power comes from as long as it works when you flip the switch?

I don't care where it comes from as long as it doesn't cost me or I'm forced where to get it from. It's one thing when Democrats control things and spend our tax money the way they want, but it's quite another to burden individuals with mandated excessive costs for Democrat obsessions.

I think government is too big as it is, and that goes for federal, state, county and even city. The less government in my life, the better. I don't want government telling me what kind of power I must have for my utilities, how good of windows I must buy, how good of insulation I must have in my home, or how much power I'm allowed to use. It's none of their damn business.

Update:
California Energy Commission approves requirement for solar panels on new homes

The vote had not been held yet when this topic was started.

The California Energy Commission has approved a requirement for solar panels on new homes starting in 2020.

No industry groups spoke in opposition to the solar panel requirements.

The commission says solar panels will increase the upfront cost of homes but is expected to save consumers more over the long run in energy costs.

[

You do have a choice. Exactly every bit of existing housing stock is free from that regulation.

I said that. Buy an existing home but with the additional cost of new homes being $40K more that will drive up the cost of existing homes. Everybody gets screwed. Another dumbass Liberal deal with unintended consequences.

What's next? Are conservatives going to complain about zoning laws that require building code specifications that specify everything from wiring standards (to prevent electrical fires) to insulation standards (to prevent both temperature loss and noise abatement) and the distance of floor joists (to prevent sagging floors)? Keep in mind that all of these standards help to prevent the loss of lives, reduce repair costs, and help to keep home prices from falling due to shoddy workmanship.

And guess what? Even if your home has solar panels, at this point nobody is forcing you to avail yourself of the cost savings.you would gain by using them. Feel free to shell out more of your hard earned money on enriching the gas or electric companies!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back