Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaa Lousy Commies want me to hook up to Carme solar panels when I just want to be connected to the communist Hydro powered energy grid instead!!!

I know, right?
I'm still hot that they require me to have functional toilets. I'm perfectly happy to shit in a bucket.

So you're trying to compare no indoor plumbing which can lead to diseases for you and your neighbors to solar panels?

No, I'm saying that everything that goes into new construction is required. Why is this any different and why do you care?

Because for the most part, building codes and regulation are there for a purpose. For one, if you hired a company to build your house, and they are building it the wrong way or in a way that presents a danger to you and others, it's perfectly understandable. You also don't want to get ripped off by them installing something that will cost you a fortune to fix down the road. Those regulations also help protect the buyer of your home if you sell it.

Solar panels? Such regulations are not protecting anybody. So why solar panels? Because environment is a leftist obsession, and we shouldn't allow anybody to write laws based on their personal hangups. If you want to spend the money to save the world, go right ahead. But don't write laws to force me to do the same especially if my political view resents the global warming hoax.

This regulation is there for a purpose whether you acknowledge that or not.

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure. Excess will be put back into the grid and used locally in real time. If you can't see the benefit of that going foreward, then you aren't trying to.
Lastly, less dependency on a huge, outdated and inefficient power grid and transmission system is far better for national security.

Why do you care where the power comes from as long as it works when you flip the switch?

I don't care where it comes from as long as it doesn't cost me or I'm forced where to get it from. It's one thing when Democrats control things and spend our tax money the way they want, but it's quite another to burden individuals with mandated excessive costs for Democrat obsessions.

I think government is too big as it is, and that goes for federal, state, county and even city. The less government in my life, the better. I don't want government telling me what kind of power I must have for my utilities, how good of windows I must buy, how good of insulation I must have in my home, or how much power I'm allowed to use. It's none of their damn business.

Progress costs.
Cars cost more than buggys.
Smartphones cost more than the kitchen rotary dial.
MRIs cost more than leeches, etc.

The truth is, the more companies that manufacture and install solar, the lower the pricepoint.
It becomes cheaper every year.

In the future, the roofing material itself will be the photo voltaics.

Now you're catching on.

I know, right?
I'm still hot that they require me to have functional toilets. I'm perfectly happy to shit in a bucket.

So you're trying to compare no indoor plumbing which can lead to diseases for you and your neighbors to solar panels?

No, I'm saying that everything that goes into new construction is required. Why is this any different and why do you care?

Because for the most part, building codes and regulation are there for a purpose. For one, if you hired a company to build your house, and they are building it the wrong way or in a way that presents a danger to you and others, it's perfectly understandable. You also don't want to get ripped off by them installing something that will cost you a fortune to fix down the road. Those regulations also help protect the buyer of your home if you sell it.

Solar panels? Such regulations are not protecting anybody. So why solar panels? Because environment is a leftist obsession, and we shouldn't allow anybody to write laws based on their personal hangups. If you want to spend the money to save the world, go right ahead. But don't write laws to force me to do the same especially if my political view resents the global warming hoax.

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure. Excess will be put back into the grid and used locally in real time. If you can't see the benefit of that going foreward, then you aren't trying to.
Lastly, less dependency on a huge, outdated and inefficient power grid and transmission system is far better for national security.

Why do you care where the power comes from as long as it works when you flip the switch?
That's all bullshit. Solar requires 100% backup from a reliable source of power. That means fossil fuels or nuclear or hydro.

[

I think that's great too, as long as nobody forced them into buying solar panels or windmills. It's their pet project, but shouldn't have to be everybody's.

I think these Moon Bats forget about what this thread is about. It is about an oppressive government forcing people to buy what they don't need or what.

If he really believes in free choice then he should join us to condemn the commies in Kalifornia.

If you don't need it and don't want it , don't buy it.

Kalifornia is mandating them on new homes if the bill is passed. You wouldn't have a choice. Pretty oppressive, isn't it?

That will really run up the cost of existing homes because it adds $40K to the cost of a new home. That is bad in a state that already has high housing cost.

Trust the Liberal idiots to screw up everything they touch.

You do have a choice. Exactly every bit of existing housing stock is free from that regulation.

I said that. Buy an existing home but with the additional cost of new homes being $40K more that will drive up the cost of existing homes. Everybody gets screwed. Another dumbass Liberal deal with unintended consequences.

No.
Ny neighbor's house doesn't increase in value when I update my kitchen and bathrooms.

I know, right?

That's all bullshit. Solar requires 100% backup from a reliable source of power. That means fossil fuels or nuclear or hydro.

And?

Where did I say it didn't ?

The same should be done for cars, especially the oversized ones. They should be electric and for each such vehicle sold the equivalent solar capacity should be installed to supply that vehicle.
Look at all the Stalinist snowflakes scheming to impose their hairbrained ideas on everyone.

And?

Where did I say it didn't ?

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure.

How is that going to be accomplished if we need 100% backup?

What's next? Are conservatives going to complain about zoning laws that require building code specifications that specify everything from wiring standards (to prevent electrical fires) to insulation standards (to prevent both temperature loss and noise abatement) and the distance of floor joists (to prevent sagging floors)? Keep in mind that all of these standards help to prevent the loss of lives, reduce repair costs, and help to keep home prices from falling due to shoddy workmanship.

And guess what? Even if your home has solar panels, at this point nobody is forcing you to avail yourself of the cost savings.you would gain by using them. Feel free to shell out more of your hard earned money on enriching the gas or electric companies!
If the city government didn't require then, then the bank who granted the mortgage would. When I worked construction, it wasn't the city or federal inspectors that came by to be sure the fire proofing was being installed correctly, it was the company that insured the building.

Government has ALWAYS been the Left's hammer used to make others do whatever they have decided is best for everyone else.

And the batteries need to be replaced. Depending on the battery it can be anywhere between 5 and 15 years. Solar batteries range from $5,000 to $7,000+ and from $400 dollars per kilowatt hour (kWh) to $750/kWh. These prices are only for the battery itself, not for the cost of installation or additional necessary equipment...

Most solar power systems don't use batteries at all. Most are grid-tie systems, where solar power is used to reduce the amount of power a building needs to buy for the utility; and where, if the system should, at any moment produce more power than the building needs, the excess is “sold” to the utility, to be credited against power taken from the utility at other times.

That won't last forever. It wasn't so long ago I was reading an article in the LA Times that discussed California utility companies considering charging solar homes more to connect to the grid. When their profits dip even more, they'll stop paying for that excess electricity...

93a.jpg

Progress costs.
Progressive Cost.........

There fixed it for you.
Of course there are programs that make it free or almost free, and of course this saves people money on their power bills. But Carry on bwith the brainwashed fear mongered Chicken Little super dupe crap LOL...
Poor Smeagle..........Someone always has to pay for it................

Or do the Solar panels grow on trees in your fantasy world.....

What's the concern here?

That we stop requiring buildings in earthquake zones to be resistant to them?

That we stop the regulation of building codes which improve safety?

Seems like you want to argue against belts in cars and helmets on motorcyclists.

Look atchu, all totalitarian and shit.
Should Tar and Feather the asshats that are pushing this......................They have no concept of FREEDOM.........To impose their ideologies on everyone else................No matter the cost..........no matter what people living there think about it. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL ..............and someone will challenge it...........plenty of time for that.................

Power Companies should just leave California............leave the dang place in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back