Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solar Panels add value to a home....much like it does keeping the wheels on your domicile sitting in your Alabama Trailer Park and out of a pawnshop.

20150825_065014%255B1%255D.jpg

Thanks for playing though. :113:
No one is stopping you from buying them, douchebag.

No one is forcing you to buy a new home in CA either.

Only a total fucking moron would imagine the two things are equivalent.

Solar Panels add value to a home....much like it does keeping the wheels on your domicile sitting in your Alabama Trailer Park and out of a pawnshop.

ladies and gentlemen, hutch starkey logic.....

Exactly the same.

Tell us again why you feel it's a bad idea.

Exactly the same.

It's not the same, dumbass. One is a totally free choice, the other is the kind of choice a mugger gives you.

Exactly the same.

not the same. uou really are a commie

Exactly the same.

It's not the same, dumbass. One is a totally free choice, the other is the kind of choice a mugger gives you.

Exact same choice. Plenty of existing housing stock with no panels.

Exactly the same.

Exactly the same.

Exactly the same.

Exactly the same.
nope

In retirement occasional teach a college course in Environmental Science.

One of the class exercises is to determine if solar panels are economically feasible.

I have the class bring in their electric bill to figure out their cost of fossil fuel generated electricity.

I then have them research the complete cost of solar panel installation and maintenance. We look at all the cost including deterioration replacement.

We then so the economic analysis over a 30 year period.

It never pays for itself. Not by a long shot. That doesn't even include the hidden cost of government subsidies.

Solar panels are a joke. Nothing more than Moon Bat feel good bullshit. No connection to reality.

Only a stupid Commie state like Kalifornia would put in a $40K additional cost to a new home with no chance of ever recouping the cost.

Environmental wackos are morons.

Bullshit.

How about a sample of this analysis?

How about you signing up for the course so you can go through the exercise instead of making stupid statements that you can't back up?

If you think that is bullshit then that means you have done the analysis yourself. If solar panels are economical then go out and put them on your house right now. Everybody else would be doing the same. But you are not and everybody else is not. I wonder why?

A few rich environmental wackos will do it because they can afford to be idiots but most people can't afford the panels and the panels never pay for themselves.

You do know that panels start losing efficiency as soon as three years after they are installed don't you? There is a replacement cost that hardly any of the environmental wacko analysis ever looks at.

There is a reason why that filthy ass commie government in Kalifornia is forcing people to pout on the panels. the reason is simple. The panels are not economically feasible. Fossil fuels are cheaper.

By the way, I do have solar heat collectors at my home. I have a screened in swimming pool and even here in Florida the water is cool under a screen cover if you don't add a little heat. It is economical to put up solar collectors for something like that where you are raising the temperature of the water a few degrees. However, that same solar power is not going to run electricity for my home. Not by long shot and not cheaper than fossil fuels.

Another point. The environmental wackos never do a real analysis of the lower carbon foot print of solar panels. They don't look at the tremendous pollution associated with the manufacture and distribution of the panels. The same with wind turbines.
In retirement occasional teach a college course in Environmental Science.

One of the class exercises is to determine if solar panels are economically feasible.

I have the class bring in their electric bill to figure out their cost of fossil fuel generated electricity.

I then have them research the complete cost of solar panel installation and maintenance. We look at all the cost including deterioration replacement.

We then so the economic analysis over a 30 year period.

It never pays for itself. Not by a long shot. That doesn't even include the hidden cost of government subsidies.

Solar panels are a joke. Nothing more than Moon Bat feel good bullshit. No connection to reality.

Only a stupid Commie state like Kalifornia would put in a $40K additional cost to a new home with no chance of ever recouping the cost.

Environmental wackos are morons.

Bullshit.

How about a sample of this analysis?

How about you signing up for the course so you can go through the exercise instead of making stupid statements that you can't back up?

If you think that is bullshit then that means you have done the analysis yourself. If solar panels are economical then go out and put them on your house right now. Everybody else would be doing the same. But you are not and everybody else is not. I wonder why?

A few rich environmental wackos will do it because they can afford to be idiots but most people can't afford the panels and the panels never pay for themselves.

You do know that panels start losing efficiency as soon as three years after they are installed don't you? There is a replacement cost that hardly any of the environmental wacko analysis ever looks at.

There is a reason why that filthy ass commie government in Kalifornia is forcing people to pout on the panels. the reason is simple. The panels are not economically feasible. Fossil fuels are cheaper.

By the way, I do have solar heat collectors at my home. I have a screened in swimming pool and even here in Florida the water is cool under a screen cover if you don't add a little heat. It is economical to put up solar collectors for something like that where you are raising the temperature of the water a few degrees. However, that same solar power is not going to run electricity for my home. Not by long shot and not cheaper than fossil fuels.

Another point. The environmental wackos never do a real analysis of the lower carbon foot print of solar panels. They don't look at the tremendous pollution associated with the manufacture and distribution of the panels. The same with wind turbines.

Hey asshole how about you put that up that analysis or just stop spreading your bullshit.

Solar doesn’t make sense for everyone everywhere, but your assertion that it can never pay for itself sounds more like politico dogma, not evidence based conclusion.

If you have solar panels in your home then show me the analysis that you did that proves that it was economical. Be specific and include everything. I know the right question to ask so be sure you have everything.

If you don't have solar panels then shut the fuck up Moon Bat..

1. You don't have solar panels, so by your own standard you need to shut the fuck up moon-bat.

2. I DO have not one but TWO solar systems. READ THE FN THREAD, I already provided the details of my bigger system.

The fact that you are professionally teaching anyone, anything, with that bat shit crazy, politically bent attitude is eyebrow raising.

Last edited:
[QUO

1. You don't have solar panels, so by your own standard you need to shut the fuck up moon-bat.

2. I DO have not one but TWO solar systems. READ THE FN THREAD, I already provided the details of my bigger system

Then good Moon Bat. You wasted your fucking money. At least that is money you won't have available to give to the filthy ass Democrats so it is a good thing that you are an idiot.

[QUO

2. I DO have not one but TWO solar systems. READ THE FN THREAD, I already provided the details of my bigger system

Then good Moon Bat. You wasted your fucking money. At least that is money you won't have available to give to the filthy ass Democrats so it is a good thing that you are an idiot.

Don't worry about my money degenerate...and please, for god's sakes, stop wasting people's money with your clearly unqualified instruction. You can't even sanely support assertions you throw around.

Last edited:
[QUO

Don't worry about my money degenerate...and please, for god's sakes, stop wasting people's money with your clearly unqualified instruction.

A moron and his money is soon parted. You proved it. But at least you are saving the fucking planet, right Moon Bat?

Exactly the same.

Exact same choice. Plenty of existing housing stock with no panels.
It's the same choice a mugger gives, moron.

I can't applaud them more for that.

I've believed that all new houses should be made with solar panels in them for decades.

No it shouldn't be a choice anymore.

We don't have a choice about a lot of things when It comes to houses. There are housing codes and zoning laws that we all must comply with.

So what if they created a law that says all new homes must come with a built-in gun safe, or perhaps an indoor swimming pool, or maybe a 120 inch big screen?

T'here is a difference when government makes regulation for safety and government makes regulation for pet projects; especially when such regulations will cost you thousands and thousands of dollars.
Governments can and certainly do make it's citizens buy things they don't want.

And when they do, it's very dangerous to a free society. It's why Americas who believe in freedom should fight it every step of the way.
When have people ever had the right to buy only what they wanted? I have no need for car insurance. I'm financial able to cover the legal liability requirements but the state still says I have to buy car insurance. Computer hardware and software producers routinely force businesses to buy upgrades they don't want or need. I have to pay for a backflow test every 5 years on a water line the city has cut off. Most economically advance countries either provide health insurance or require citizens to buy it. Switzerland, a rare example of direct democracy was one of the first countries in the world to require that it's people purchase health insurance.

About the only place in the world where citizens are completely free to spend their money as they chose are those countries where most of the people have nothing to spend.

The bottom line is in any modern "free" society, government must require people to do things they don't want to do for the good of society. Carry this to one extreme and you have a totalitarian state. Carry it to other extreme and society becomes chaotic where only the fittest survive. The balance between these two extremes determines the success of a society.

I have an experiment I would like for any of these stupid Moon Bats that think solar panels work.

Go buy a cheap electric meter. You can get them for less than $20 on Amazon. By a 12" x 12" glass panel. A couple of dollars.

Set the glass panel out in the yard or on top of the roof or some place out of the way.

On a day when there are no clouds in the sky measure the light meter reading under the plate of glass at a certain time.

Every month or so take the reading at the same time of day and when there are no clouds in the sky.

You will observe two things.

First of all the amount of light will fall off dramatically due to the seasons. Of course we all know that but the solar panel models that claim you will have a short payback only calculates the maximum power at the time of the summer solstice. Buyer beware!

Second is that the glass will become covered with dust and whatnot that rain won't wash off and transmit less light. That accumulation will become significant after about three years. That is what will happen to the surfaces of any solar panel.

That experiment doesn't even take into consideration of the deterioration of the photocells themselves, just the effect of surface contamination.

Only a dumbshit would buy solar cells.

Only a dumbshit government would mandate their use.

I have an experiment I would like for any of these stupid Moon Bats that think solar panels work.

Go buy a cheap electric meter. You can get them for less than $20 on Amazon. By a 12" x 12" glass panel. A couple of dollars.

Set the glass panel out in the yard or on top of the roof or some place out of the way.

On a day when there are no clouds in the sky measure the light meter reading under the plate of glass at a certain time.

Every month or so take the reading at the same time of day and when there are no clouds in the sky.

First of all the amount of light will fall off dramatically due to the seasons. Of course we all know that but the solar panel models that claim you will have a short payback only calculates the maximum power at the time of the summer solstice. Buyer beware!

Second is that the glass will become covered with dust and whatnot that rain won't wash off and transmit less light. That accumulation will become significant after about three years. That is what will happen to the surfaces of any solar panel.

That experiment doesn't even take into consideration of the deterioration of the photocells themselves, just the effect of surface contamination.

People that go solar have reasons other than saving a buck. I think that's great. They use less electric power which means less pollution and less new power plants to build.

People that go solar have reasons other than saving a buck. I think that's great. They use less electric power which means less pollution and less new power plants to build.

If you have more money than brains then by all means waste some of it to "save the earth".

Just don't get upset when we ridicule you for being a dumbass.

If you have more money than brains then by all means waste some of it to "save the earth".

Just don't get upset when we ridicule you for being a dumbass.
The fact is most people are not totally driven by money. They do care about things other than just their own life. They're concerned about the polar bears, shrinking glaciers, the quality of the water we drink, the air we breath, or the welfare of others. Now if you think's that's worthy of your ridicule, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back