Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... when Bush or Trump pass tax-cuts, righties tell us that’s people and corporations getting to keep more of their money

An across the board tax cut is not the same as a subsidy provided for a specific behavior.

Substantive difference being WHAT exactly?

I got to keep more of my money so I could spend it into economy - what is the tax-cut-magic killing difference?

Substantive difference being WHAT exactly?

I don't have to buy a stupid solar installation, I can buy useful things instead.

How the fuck is producing 100% of electricity I use from solar energy, not usefull? Stupid much?

And how come this is the very first time you got all concerned about WHAT tax-cut is spent on? Smells like straw grasping.

Two reasons idiot:

1. It is not cheaper than fossil fuel. Not when you look at all the cost, direct and indirect. If you think it is then you are confused Moon Bat.

2. You are getting welfare payments in the form of subsidies that somebody else has to pay for.

You Moon Bats are not too bight, are you?

Asshole you still didn’t answer how come you never before cared what people spend their Republican tax-cuts. Do hookers and blow self-finance better than solar power? :rolleyes:

If it's that great a financial deal, then why does government need to use guns to force it's citizens to buy them?

The state is doing what vast majority of people want.
The cost of producing solar power has fallen by 73% since 2010. By 2020, it will be cheaper than generating power by fossil fuel. California is faced with increasing the production of electric power. The choice is spending many billions on additional power plants in the 21st century or to look to other alternatives.

Solar generation in the home or business makes a lot of sense.

• The cost of generating the power will be cheaper than fossil fuels in the 21st century.
  • It puts the primary responsibility for generation at the place of consumption making public utilities a secondary source reducing the number of power plants needed as well as power transmission facilities.
  • Solar generation not only reduces green house gases but reduces air and water pollution.
  • Since power generation in the home or business distributes the production of power, electric power plants become less of a target for terrorist as well earthquakes and other natural and man made disasters.
  • Since there is no fuel other than sunlight, outages caused by world fuel shortage and interruption in delivery of fuel has no effect on production.

It's still not an investment unless government pays for most of it. And like I stated earlier, if you ran the numbers, you would find much more money in your pocket after 20 years if you invested that 25K into a growth fund or perhaps some good real estate, so if your goal is to save money, buying solar panels is probably the worst way to accomplish that goal.

So, you’re not looking forward, but stuck in the old world thinking.

Why is that?

Making money is old world thinking?

And actually, I didn't bring up the money part of the deal, the pro-panel people did. I was just pointing out the flaw with their calculation on the savings.

You brought up money in investment.

So is investing in old energy better than new energy sources?

Maybe you didn't read the past posts.

The debate was whether panels would save you money or not. Some said yes and some said no. I was pointing out the fact that with that kind of bread, putting your money into a fairly conservative growth account for 20 years (you know, stocks) would yield you a hell of a lot more money than you would possibly save using panels.

Do you have hard facts instead of a guess?

In a Free Country people have the RIGHT OF CHOICE......................in places like Mexifornia you are ORDERED to buy stuff you don't want.

Forced by a CULT of IDEOLOGY.

Then just move to a new place asshole.

Sounds like freedom to me.

So you should uproot, move out of state away from your family and friends, all because your state government is becoming tyrannical?

Not many wars were won by running.

In a Free Country people have the RIGHT OF CHOICE......................in places like Mexifornia you are ORDERED to buy stuff you don't want.

So you should uproot, move out of state away from your family and friends, all because your state government is becoming tyrannical?

Is that not the answer to all conservatives answer to having an unsatisfactory job?

Just get a new one?

You have the “freedom” of choice?

Last edited:
California is not like most other states in many ways. What is the right thing for California may well not be the right thing for other states.

Minimum wage is 35% higher than most states. The average price of a home is 48% higher than the national average. Per Capital Personal income is 6th highest in the nation. California ranks 4th highest in the nation for higher education and in the top 40% for K-12. The Median age is one of the lowest in the country.

A survey conducted in California about Global Warning and the state response revealed:
A majority of Californians say the effects of global warming are already occurring.
80% said global warming was a serious threat to the state.
67% supported the state efforts
Most Californians (56%), including majorities across all age and income groups, say they would be willing to pay more for electricity generated by renewable sources to reduce global warming.

The state is not cramming renewable energy down the throats of citizens but rather responding to demand from Californians that government take actions. I'm sure this is not the situation in many other states and what California is doing would not be appropriate.
Californians' Views on Climate Change - Public Policy Institute of California

Well then why doesn't Cali produce this more expensive energy instead of forcing people to buy solar panels? Make half of the state windmills for all I care.
California is not like most other states in many ways. What is the right thing for California may well not be the right thing for other states.

Minimum wage is 35% higher than most states. The average price of a home is 48% higher than the national average. Per Capital Personal income is 6th highest in the nation. California ranks 4th highest in the nation for higher education and in the top 40% for K-12. The Median age is one of the lowest in the country.

A survey conducted in California about Global Warning and the state response revealed:
A majority of Californians say the effects of global warming are already occurring.
Most Californians (56%), including majorities across all age and income groups, say they would be willing to pay more for electricity generated by renewable sources to reduce global warming.

The state is not cramming renewable energy down the throats of citizens but rather responding to demand from Californians that government take actions. I'm sure this is not the situation in many other states and what California is doing would not be appropriate.

Well then why doesn't Cali produce this more expensive energy instead of forcing people to buy solar panels? Make half of the state windmills for all I care.
The cost of producing solar power has fallen by 73% since 2010. By 2020, it will be cheaper than generating power by fossil fuel. California is faced with increasing the production of electric power. The choice is spending many billions on additional power plants in the 21st century or to look to other alternatives.

• The cost of generating the power will be cheaper than fossil fuels in the 21st century.
  • It puts the primary responsibility for generation at the place of consumption making public utilities a secondary source reducing the number of power plants needed as well as power transmission facilities.
  • Solar generation not only reduces green house gases but reduces air and water pollution.
  • Since power generation in the home or business distributes the production of power, electric power plants become less of a target for terrorist as well earthquakes and other natural and man made disasters.
  • Since there is no fuel other than sunlight, outages caused by world fuel shortage and interruption in delivery of fuel has no effect on production.

It's still not an investment unless government pays for most of it. And like I stated earlier, if you ran the numbers, you would find much more money in your pocket after 20 years if you invested that 25K into a growth fund or perhaps some good real estate, so if your goal is to save money, buying solar panels is probably the worst way to accomplish that goal.

Why is that?

And actually, I didn't bring up the money part of the deal, the pro-panel people did. I was just pointing out the flaw with their calculation on the savings.

Yes, making money is old world to leftists. The new world is about taking money

Why is that?

You brought up money in investment.

So is investing in old energy better than new energy sources?

Maybe you didn't read the past posts.

The debate was whether panels would save you money or not. Some said yes and some said no. I was pointing out the fact that with that kind of bread, putting your money into a fairly conservative growth account for 20 years (you know, stocks) would yield you a hell of a lot more money than you would possibly save using panels.

Do you have hard facts instead of a guess?

You can call any reputable investment company and they'll be glad to give you information. Tell them you have 25K you want to invest for 20 years, and ask how much that 20K will end up being by the end of that 20 year period. Then take the most liberal estimate of savings on energy using panels, and compare the prices.

It that not the answer to all conservatives answer to having an unsatisfactory job?

Just get a new one?

In most cases you don't have to sell your home and move out of state to get another job.

I have not problem with government doing things that benefit most if not ALL people. But forcing somebody to pay and use solar panels is not benefiting anybody but the saps that believe in global warming.

I have not problem with government doing things that benefit most if not ALL people. But forcing somebody to pay and use solar panels is not benefiting anybody but the saps that believe in global warming.

Why is that?

It's pretty sick how you think government should prevent citizens from using guns to defend themselves and their families while at the same time you believe it's an appropriate use of guns for government to force us to buy solar panels we don't want

It that not the answer to all conservatives answer to having an unsatisfactory job?

Just get a new one?

You care about Freedom of choice...........LOL

Not in Mexifornia..................You want a new house in 2020 you WILL HAVE SOLAR POWER...................

So much for FREEDOM...........doesn't exist in that system.............

Try it here where I live and we will shove the Solar panels up your ass.

Why is that?

Nope, the new world thinking is to add value to your life by directing your life to passion.

The mandate creates the demand. That's the point. To move the population toward solar. Just as we moved from analog to digital.
IF the people want to move towards solar, they'll do it of their own accord. The don't need Stalinist douchebags like you forcing them

Did you move toward digital, dope?

Of course not. You were led there.
I wasn't led there by the government, moron.
Actually, you were. In fact, you were pushed into it. The FCC mandated the conversion to HD and thus digital broadcasts. In order to receive over the air TV you had to buy a converter or buy a new digital TV. Today there are only a few analog stations left in the US and they are special purpose low power stations. Analog TV is now obsolete in the US. Government forced it on the people but in the end it was far better than the old system.
I've never used over-the-air HD tv. I've always had cable or satellite.

Your belief that government is required to set a standard is baseless. VHS became the standard video format without any government input whatsoever. ASCII is a standard. JPG is a standard.

HD wasn't a government standard either. Flooper's so dumb he actually believes that we only use it because government forced it. It would have happened anyway. In that narrow case more slowly. But far faster if government hadn't been sucking at corporate tits for centuries and they could invest more in serving their customers instead of feeding the dragon

Just get a new one?

In most cases you don't have to sell your home and move out of state to get another job.

So you’re point is to pass on he freedom choice issue and whine about hardship?

And that's fine and dandy provided it's by consumer demand and not government mandates.

The mandate creates the demand. That's the point. To move the population toward solar. Just as we moved from analog to digital.
IF the people want to move towards solar, they'll do it of their own accord. The don't need Stalinist douchebags like you forcing them

Actually, you were. In fact, you were pushed into it. The FCC mandated the conversion to HD and thus digital broadcasts. In order to receive over the air TV you had to buy a converter or buy a new digital TV. Today there are only a few analog stations left in the US and they are special purpose low power stations. Analog TV is now obsolete in the US. Government forced it on the people but in the end it was far better than the old system.

If you actually believe that government pushes more advanced standards, you obviously know nothing about the phone industry and Ma Bell. Also that we had the technology to have mobile phones in the 70s and ATT killed that too because of their government enforced monopoly

Why is that?

It's pretty sick how you think government should prevent citizens from using guns to defend themselves and their families while at the same time you believe it's an appropriate use of guns for government to force us to buy solar panels we don't want

Dude, if I actually wanted to engage a 17 year old...it would not be you.

Why is that?

Nope, the new world thinking is to add value to your life by directing your life to passion.

On someone else's nickle, of course, which leads us back to what I just said.

Try again ...

Why is that?

Obviously if you engaged with a 17 year old, they would win.

So you can't address the point of course

Why is that?

Obviously if you engaged with a 17 year old, they would win.

So you can't address the point of course

You haven’t shown a point of course.

You haven’t shown the future of energy of acknowledged it’s direction.

Why would I engage with that?

Just get a new one?

You are confused.

If you are walking down the street, and a masked man pulls a gun on you demanding your money, you have two choices: One is to simply give him your money, and two is to get shot and possibly killed and he takes your money. Do you consider that freedom of choice?

No government in the union should be so tyrannical that they are able to force people to buy items that they want to promote. Solar panels have nothing to do with safety, they have to do with one or more leaders phony belief in global warming. That's as un-American as it can get.

And it all came for free, right?

Any advanced technology has to be paid for by somebody. Usually that somebody is the consumer. And do you really believe without government, the industry wouldn't have eventually went to HD on their own? Industry is always looking to create more things to sell. Right now they are selling televisions with ultra HD. The problem is that there are few stations that broadcast ultra-high, but that will change on it's own timeframe and not the governments.........hopefully.
Netflix and Hulu and Vudu all broadcast some videos in UHD.

Just get a new one?

You are confused.

If you are walking down the street, and a masked man pulls a gun on you demanding your money, you have two choices: One is to simply give him your money, and two is to get shot and possibly killed and he takes your money. Do you consider that freedom of choice?

No government in the union should be so tyrannical that they are able to force people to buy items that they want to promote. Solar panels have nothing to do with safety, they have to do with one or more leaders phony belief in global warming. That's as un-American as it can get.

That's the liberal conception of freedom of choice. Do you think they realize that they are unmasking themselves as Stalinists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back