Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

The same ole attempt to skirt the facts...racist white men wanted slavery to maintain a status that only inhumane bondage could provide; at that time they called themselves democrates.

However, every person with some intelligence on the subject knows that those same white men later became Republicans because they hated the fact that Black people were granted rights.

Then as of now, those are the republicans and the reason why the are crying into their soup bowels now.

Stop speaking on subjects that you half ass understand.
Well you lied. And you lie ten times faster than I tell the honest truth.
The entire Federal Government the way you talk, including Abe lincoln were merely racists.
I and others realize that some blacks did get the whip, only crazy white overseers would harm the people they needed to handle the farms. It is nuts as saying republicans whip the shit out of Mexicans. Those are pure lies.
Blacks did not get rights at all until the time of Lincoln getting the Congress in on the act. During the War, what Lincoln did was to violate the constitution.

You could not then or today whip a Democrat hard enough to convert them to Republicans. The Democrats back in those days were trying to figure out how to defeat Republicans and still to this same day they keep doing just that.

Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition
Though dozens of congressional Republicans protested the move, the Army says it will begin work in coming days

View attachment 873988

The U.S. Army intends to remove a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery next week as part of its ongoing work to rid Defense Department property of divisive rebel imagery, defying dozens of congressional Republicans who have vociferously protested the move.

Why would Republicans object to the removal of Confederate monuments if the Confederates were Democrats??? 🤔
The U.S. Army intends to remove a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery next week. The removal is part of the Army's ongoing work to rid Defense Department assets of symbols associated with the Confederate States of America and its soldiers.

The decision to remove the memorial is in accordance with a congressional mandate and has been implemented by the Secretary of Defense. The Army has followed the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process and prepared an Environmental Assessment (EA) to address the removal of the Confederate Memorial.

The EA determined that the removal will not have significant environmental impacts. The Army sought public comments on the EA and draft Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) from November 17 to December 2, 2023. The removal of the Confederate Memorial from Arlington National Cemetery is part of broader efforts to address the legacy of the Confederacy and promote inclusivity and diversity within military institutions.

Yes, the removal of the Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery is connected to the broader issue of racism and discrimination. The decision to remove the memorial is part of the U.S. Army's efforts to combat systemic racism and promote inclusivity and diversity within military institutions.

The memorial represents a symbol associated with the Confederate States of America, which fought to preserve SLAVERY and uphold RACIAL INEQUALITY during the American Civil War. By removing the memorial, the Army aims to address the legacy of the Confederacy and remove symbols that are OFFENSIVE to many and perpetuate a PAINFUL history.

It is part of a larger movement to reassess and remove Confederate symbols and monuments from public spaces across the United States. These actions are taken in recognition of the need to create a more inclusive and equitable society that values the experiences and contributions of all its citizens.

==>The equitable society? more inclusive? Probably already failed! lol. :)

Sources :

1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/12/16/confederate-memorial-arlington-cemetery/

2. https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/About/Confederate-Memorial-Removal

3. Fact Sheet: U.S. Efforts to Combat Systemic Racism | The White House

4. Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Legislation to Protect Floridians from Discrimination and Woke Indoctrination

5. Roberto Clemente book removed from Florida public schools pending review over discrimination references

note: bripat9643 Lee Atwater worked for Ronald Reagan and others . Lee Atwater crafted winning racist campaigns that most likely targeted you and the people you claim to know.

Like most far right scum, Lee Atwater later publicly begged and prayed for forgiveness but....

Ed Rollins, however, stated in the 2008 documentary Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story, that "[Atwater] was telling this story about how a Living Bible was what was giving him faith and I said to Mary (Matalin), 'I really, sincerely hope that he found peace.' She said, 'Ed, when we were cleaning up his things afterwards, the Bible was still wrapped in the cellophane and had never been taken out of the package,' which just told you everything there was. He was spinning right to the end."

btw, Lee was 1 of 2 GOP Chairmen to apologize and admit to a racist Southern Strategy. Thought you knew the other was Ken Mehlman;

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes
Sorry, but I don't see how any of that is racist. Dim accusing Republicans of being racist is far worse than anything Atwater did. Dims are always trying to stir up hatred of blacks to wards white. That's utterly despicable.

note: bripat9643 Lee Atwater worked for Ronald Reagan and others . Lee Atwater crafted winning racist campaigns that most likely targeted you and the people you claim to know.

Like most far right scum, Lee Atwater later publicly begged and prayed for forgiveness but....

Ed Rollins, however, stated in the 2008 documentary Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story, that "[Atwater] was telling this story about how a Living Bible was what was giving him faith and I said to Mary (Matalin), 'I really, sincerely hope that he found peace.' She said, 'Ed, when we were cleaning up his things afterwards, the Bible was still wrapped in the cellophane and had never been taken out of the package,' which just told you everything there was. He was spinning right to the end."

btw, Lee was 1 of 2 GOP Chairmen to apologize and admit to a racist Southern Strategy. Thought you knew the other was Ken Mehlman;

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes
What has happened. Rather than learn accurate history, they want us all to believe, yes 100 percent of us to believe what the dying Atwater told some left winger.

So there was supposed to be a southern strategy. Why not be honest and stop blaming it on we republicans if as you claim it was done by Nixon. Well hell, I was a Democrat under Nixon and nobody told me then a very stout Democrat that I heard of that shit?

We did not know about such a tactic. Why now? We were like today's democrats filled by lies and telling lies but in our defense, it was primarly over FDR. We thought he was a hero until we learned he was a war monger.

I remained loyal as you are until it was time to elect Reagan and it was for his election I changed parties. I despise the lie it was Atwater converting me and many millions to Reagan.

Well you lied. And you lie ten times faster than I tell the honest truth.
The entire Federal Government the way you talk, including Abe lincoln were merely racists.
I and others realize that some blacks did get the whip, only crazy white overseers would harm the people they needed to handle the farms. It is nuts as saying republicans whip the shit out of Mexicans. Those are pure lies.
Blacks did not get rights at all until the time of Lincoln getting the Congress in on the act. During the War, what Lincoln did was to violate the constitution.

You could not then or today whip a Democrat hard enough to convert them to Republicans. The Democrats back in those days were trying to figure out how to defeat Republicans and still to this same day they keep doing just that.
Again, you need to stop talking about subjects that you are clearly unprepared to comment on.

Sorry, but I don't see how any of that is racist. Dim accusing Republicans of being racist is far worse than anything Atwater did. Dims are always trying to stir up hatred of blacks to wards white. That's utterly despicable.
We don’t have to try to stir maga racism. You fuckups judge each other by who displays more of it.

Given what's happened to Blue Northern Cities since the so-called Great Migration (Great Plague of Locusts)...

Looks like the South won the Civil War after all...

It just took 'em an extra 80-100 years to flush their Colored Folk outta their hair and let the Yankees deal with 'em....

As for Arlington, hell, that's stolen Lee Family land anyway, isn't it?

The least they can do is to leave the monuments up, the way that the veterans of that war thought to be righteous...

Who-the-hell are WE to second-guess those Army of the Potomac and Army of Northern Virginia and GAR and CVA veterans?

As for modern-day snowflakes who are offended by history... phukk 'em...

Last edited:
That doesn't matter. The war started when Lincoln invaded Virginia. Lincoln said he didn't invade Virginia to end slavery.
100 percent correct. I personally have walked the grounds where Lincoln's troops invaded VA. There are parks there to teach Americans history. Not the shit taught by Democrats.

We don’t have to try to stir maga racism. You fuckups judge each other by who displays more of it.
Apologize to all blacks. You fought a war and left the union over slavery. Well it became slavery when Abe was scared shitless he was close to losing his war.

Stupid democrat Taliban. Just can't handle American history.

Next they'll be erecting statues to perverts and deviants.
Would you also support memorials being pulled up for American loyalists who sided with the british during the revolution?

Forum List

Back