Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

But slavery didn't end in 1863, laws were made that basically restored slavery, a Republican president ended reconstruction and in 1964 a Democrat signed our second Emancipation Proclamation. So Just be honest. The confederacy was another country, and the states that were part of the confederacy then are republican now. And it is Republican states today talking about secession.
When Abe pressed blacks into fighting his war against the South, sure he restored slavery. Why brag about Johnson when it was Democrats waging almost war in congress to stop the change of the constitution and laws to help blacks. Democrats were pissed off at Johnson.

A lot of folks moved to the South due to the climate there and the wide open job opportunities. I was born in 1938 and was then following what was done by Johnson and in fact I voted for him and for Kennedy. So please stop treating me as a mushroom farm by keeping me in the dark and covering me with cow manure. it does not fly with this older man.

Because those tribal areas are not sovereign. They cannot make treaties, issue passports, nor even secure their own borders. They are pretend nations, like the homelands of apartheid South Africa.
Who do you propose they make treaties with? Why do the native nations have laws that the rest of the states don't have? I wonder if we have any natives who wish to tell you about their sovereign rights?

What powers do Native American tribes have?

Tribes, therefore, possess the right to form their own governments; to make and enforce laws, both civil and criminal; to tax; to establish and determine membership (i.e., tribal citizenship); to license and regulate activities within their jurisdiction; to zone; and to exclude persons from tribal lands.

Last edited:
The CSA owned that property.
More full of shit than a Christmas goose.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution provides clear instructions about how and under whatcircumstances the United States government may acquire title to property located within a state:
"Congress shall have the Power …. To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever,over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful Buildings."

Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition
Though dozens of congressional Republicans protested the move, the Army says it will begin work in coming days

View attachment 873988

The U.S. Army intends to remove a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery next week as part of its ongoing work to rid Defense Department property of divisive rebel imagery, defying dozens of congressional Republicans who have vociferously protested the move.

Why would Republicans object to the removal of Confederate monuments if the Confederates were Democrats??? 🤔
Will this improve blacks or will they continue to become more hostile, more criminal and more of a liability for core Americans?

I wonder if we have any natives who wish to tell you about their sovereign rights?
They know they're not sovereign. Do you know what the word means?

sovereign noun 1 a supreme ruler or head, especially a monarch. 2 a former British gold coin worth £1. adj 1 having supreme power or authority • a sovereign ruler. 2 politically independent • a sovereign state. 3 outstanding; unrivalled; utmost • sovereign intelligence. 4 effective • a sovereign remedy. sovereignly adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 13c: from French soverain.

They know they do not have supreme power or authority.

Do you really think they're as sovereign as the US, for example? Really? Because that's what the word entails.

Either you are bright enough not to get caught or too lazy to go where Democrats destroy stuff that even includes old churches in DC. Remember when your party set the church on fire and raised hell with the cops?
Shut up you racist dinosaur

What powers do Native American tribes have?

Tribes, therefore, possess the right to form their own governments; to make and enforce laws, both civil and criminal; to tax; to establish and determine membership (i.e., tribal citizenship); to license and regulate activities within their jurisdiction; to zone; and to exclude persons from tribal lands.
Ffs. Your link describes all the ways they are not sovereign.
JFC.

Ffs. Your link describes all the ways they are not sovereign.
JFC.
This comes from the link.
Tribes possess all powers of self-government except: (1) those relinquished under treaty with the United States; (2) those that Congress has expressly extinguished; and (3) those that the federal courts have ruled are subject to existing federal law or are inconsistent with overriding national policies. Tribes, therefore, possess the right to form their own governments; to make and enforce laws, both civil and criminal; to tax; to establish and determine membership (i.e., tribal citizenship); to license and regulate activities within their jurisdiction; to zone; and to exclude persons from tribal lands.

No one. They have no power, they are not sovereign, they cannot make a treaty with any foreign nation.
Well here comes you with a very low esteem for the tribes. They only lack a few powers. But this is also true for the feds. They lack the power to tax the tribes. The Tribes are their own law.

Sure Bob, what about those wussy authoritarian governors of Texas and Florida?
Do those governors remove freedoms from their citizens? I say they do not. Do they both try hard to take care of the citizens. YES both of them do.

There are a lot of very confused posters on this forum that don't know much about the Civil War. Their knowledge stems from what they remember learning about in Jr High School History class. Lesson that were presented by the winners of the war to justify invading the South and killing Americans. Very distorted account of history.

I have reading assignments for those of you that need to pull your head out of your ass.

Lets first start out with this:

View attachment 874544
I have the book. Very well written and has authorities cited in it.

I have the book. Very well written and has authorities cited in it.
I looked at the reviews on Amazon.

The reviews were all five stars by the people that liked the book and one star from those that didn't like it. Nothing inbetween

The people that rated it one star never questioned the references or scholarly analysis. They just made the typical uneducated hateful statements about the Confederacy that had no basis in reality. I doubt very many, if any, actually read the book.

The South was right to secede from the Union and when you look at it in terms of the American quest for Liberty they were actually the last best hope. The North was wrong to kill Americans over secession. Secession is not an act of war. The act of war was when the Union thugs crossed the Potomac River to kill Americans and take their arms away.

The Jr High history texts will state that the war started when the Ft Sumter was fired upon but they always fail to mention that it was that asshole Lincoln that violated the truce that was in place that President Buchanan established. He did it unilaterally and never even consulted his cabinet. He did it to provoke war and over a million Americans died.

I looked at the reviews on Amazon.

The reviews were all five stars by the people that liked the book and one star from those that didn't like it. Nothing inbetween

The people that rated it one star never questioned the references or scholarly analysis. They just made the typical uneducated hateful statements about the Confederacy that had no basis in reality. I doubt very many, if any, actually read the book.

The South was right to secede from the Union and when you look at it in terms of the American quest for Liberty they were actually the last best hope. The North was wrong to kill Americans over secession. Secession is not an act of war. The act of war was when the Union thugs crossed the Potomac River to kill Americans and take their arms away.

The Jr High history texts will state that the war started when the Ft Sumter was fired upon but they always fail to mention that it was that asshole Lincoln that violated the truce that was in place that President Buchanan established. He did it unilaterally and never even consulted his cabinet. He did it to provoke war and over a million Americans died.
Fort Pickens just off of Florida's coast is an excellent example of the South not taking that fort since the occupants who were union Troops agreed not to wage war on Florida. And it worked fine. Abe needed a boot up his ass for starting a war that killed the most Americans of all wars. In fact it still rates number 1 for slain Americans.

Forum List

Back