Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Republicans of the period immediately after (and before) the War WERE the Liberals, Dumbass.
Lincoln was one of the biggest liberals of his day.
That is why the south seceded
If he could see what society looks like now...he would never had did what he did.

This land mass would be much better off if euros "had never did what they did".
Built this nation. Wrote the Constitution. Freed the slaves. Won two world wars and passed Civil Rights Act of 1964 and put a man on the Moon. Yep...white people are so bad.
Freed the slaves from who?
Other white men?
Blacks held slaves too.............

Oops!

Black slave owners in the United States

The Civil Right Act of 1964 was a violation of the 10th Amendment and interfered with private businesses. Liberals like to hold-up the biggest piece of shit Amendment passed by the radical Republicans after the war...the 14th. Most abused Amendment of the Constitution. 13th and 15th are fine. Bill of Rights over time has been selectively incorporated to the states. 14th is moot. Court didn’t need the 14th to do this.

The Republicans of the period immediately after (and before) the War WERE the Liberals, Dumbass.
Lincoln was one of the biggest liberals of his day.
That is why the south seceded

Lincoln never advocated for Socialized Medicine or recognizing men in dresses as "broads".

What makes you think he was a lib? In actuality, Honest Abe- the proto-ditto-head, wanted to get black people off of the Democrat plantations.
I'm guessing he thinks Lincoln was a lib because he was a warmonger and hated State's rights.

Liberal views of Lincoln

Abolition
human rights
Worker protections
Those are Conservative views, Dummy.

What you want a statue for him now.

Just making the point that he was elected in the deep south, after he flipped on the segregation issue, with a base in the rural white poor.

Just another example of real history conflicting with the leftard fantasy that history was all about race.
When Wallace ran for president, why didn't he run as a Democrat??

Oh I remember...because he would have been rejected....

Can you tell me the liberal policies that Wallace ran on??

I really do get tired of having to slap the shit out of closet racists with facts...but I got time today.....

"But by the fall of 1968, George Wallace had pulled the major parties to the right" <<-- liberals don't pull both parties to the right do they??

"Republican presidential nominee Richard Nixon conceded the Deep South to him and came up with a “southern strategy” designed to appeal to white backlash over civil rights." <<-- Who were the ones pissed off at the civil rights movement?? Liberals or Conservatives??

"[Wallace] boasted of his crowd sizes; complained of “rigged polls” and accused the media of treating him unfairly, all while working to ensure the spotlight stayed on him." Like Trump....

His platform was very much conservative, instead of "Make America Great Again" -- Wallace named his campaign "Stand Up For America" -- and his supporters were known for saying things like “When George Wallace is elected president, he’s going to line up all these n-----s and shoot them,’’ Tom Turnipseed recalled. “I said, ‘Oh, hell no’ … this guy was dead serious.”

Stand Up For America: George Wallace's chaotic, prophetic campaign

We have seen this before...and we have also seen how folks like you will blatantly try to rewrite that history because once again, you are on the wrong side of it....sounds like a personal problem to me

Why did you not address my point, about what happened after he flipped on that issue?
I have 50 years of policy and facts that tells what happened.....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still butt hurt about the civil rights movement....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to gut the Voting Rights Act....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to pass policies that discriminate against minority groups....

Now, who are these prominent conservatives who were standing along side of MLK during the civil rights movement?

Dude. George Wallace was one of the greatest segregationists in our history, and AFTER he flipped on that issue, he ran for the governor ship of a deep south state and won, with his base being, according to you fucktards, the most racist demographic in the country..

DOOD. Wallace by then was more than well known, not only around the state where he'd been running since the '50s but nationally. He won for the same reason Rump did --- name recognition.

/offtopic

Conservatives have never been in favor of church bombings. Where did you get the idea they were?

The South has always been CONSERVATIVE.

As far as Alabama, they were certainly leftist for many years, going for the FDR Raw Deal 4 times in succession, voted for Wilson, Cox, Adlai E Stevenson, Al Smith, etc. All the liberal candidates.

Look at the Governors of Alabama.

You mean like George Wallace?

What you want a statue for him now.

Just making the point that he was elected in the deep south, after he flipped on the segregation issue, with a base in the rural white poor.

Just another example of real history conflicting with the leftard fantasy that history was all about race.

If he ran today it would be as a republican.

Quite likely. Especially with how bat shit crazy and evil you dems have become.

My point about how he embraced equality for blacks and asked blacks for forgiveness, and still won, with his base of poor rural southern whites,

and how that disproves your sides narrative on how racist America and the GOP is?

The fact that you choose to avoid addressing that point, is a tacit admission that you already knew that, and know that your constant race baiting is nothing but bullshit.

YOu are a race baiting liar.

This George Wallace?

george-wallace-quote-lbb6q1p.jpg

Nape. The George Wallace who was actually active in politics.

"I am having nothing to do with this so-called civil rights bill. The liberal left-wingers have passed it. Now let them employ some pinknik social engineers in Washington, D.C., to figure out what to do with it."

But your quote from much later in his life is an inspiring reminder that people can change. Thanks for that.
The Civil Right Act of 1964 was a violation of the 10th Amendment and interfered with private businesses. Liberals like to hold-up the biggest piece of shit Amendment passed by the radical Republicans after the war...the 14th. Most abused Amendment of the Constitution. 13th and 15th are fine. Bill of Rights over time has been selectively incorporated to the states. 14th is moot. Court didn’t need the 14th to do this.

They were radicals in their desire to conserve the Enlightenment Era ideals of the Founding Fathers.

I didn't use the word radical, but I agree with that.

Today, we republicans are still the same.

:laugh2:

Hardly. "Republicans" (what I posted) and "republicans" (what you posted) are two different things, and I see what you tried to do there.

Even if you meant "Republicans" it couldn't be supported. Republicans of 1860 have as much in common as a whole ideologically as does the radio station called WANK-FM that one day ceases playing classical music and goes to Hip Hop. It's still called WANK-FM buuuuut..... slllllightly different audience.

The idea that ANY political party is some fixed entity that never changes with the times is naïve and absurd on its face.

Meanwhile, you dems then and now are doing all you can to destroy that.

I'm not a "dem", Dumbass.

Do you believe in God Given Rights?

No.

I really do get tired of having to slap the shit out of closet racists with facts...but I got time today.....

"But by the fall of 1968, George Wallace had pulled the major parties to the right" <<-- liberals don't pull both parties to the right do they??

"Republican presidential nominee Richard Nixon conceded the Deep South to him and came up with a “southern strategy” designed to appeal to white backlash over civil rights." <<-- Who were the ones pissed off at the civil rights movement?? Liberals or Conservatives??

"[Wallace] boasted of his crowd sizes; complained of “rigged polls” and accused the media of treating him unfairly, all while working to ensure the spotlight stayed on him." Like Trump....

His platform was very much conservative, instead of "Make America Great Again" -- Wallace named his campaign "Stand Up For America" -- and his supporters were known for saying things like “When George Wallace is elected president, he’s going to line up all these n-----s and shoot them,’’ Tom Turnipseed recalled. “I said, ‘Oh, hell no’ … this guy was dead serious.”

We have seen this before...and we have also seen how folks like you will blatantly try to rewrite that history because once again, you are on the wrong side of it....sounds like a personal problem to me

Why did you not address my point, about what happened after he flipped on that issue?

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still butt hurt about the civil rights movement....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to gut the Voting Rights Act....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to pass policies that discriminate against minority groups....

Now, who are these prominent conservatives who were standing along side of MLK during the civil rights movement?

Dude. George Wallace was one of the greatest segregationists in our history, and AFTER he flipped on that issue, he ran for the governor ship of a deep south state and won, with his base being, according to you fucktards, the most racist demographic in the country..

DOOD. Wallace by then was more than well known, not only around the state where he'd been running since the '50s but nationally. He won for the same reason Rump did --- name recognition.

/offtopic

Really? A man who personified segregation, flips on the issue, AND DOES NOT LOSE HIS SUPPORTERS, even in the DEEP SOUTH?

That is an incredibly powerful historical fact, and it destroys your race baiting narrative.

NAME RECOGNITION?!

2be1y3.jpg

This George Wallace?

"I am having nothing to do with this so-called civil rights bill. The liberal left-wingers have passed it. Now let them employ some pinknik social engineers in Washington, D.C., to figure out what to do with it."

But your quote from much later in his life is an inspiring reminder that people can change. Thanks for that.

They were radicals in their desire to conserve the Enlightenment Era ideals of the Founding Fathers.

Hardly. "Republicans" (what I posted) and "republicans" (what you posted) are two different things, and I see what you tried to do there.

Even if you meant "Republicans" it couldn't be supported. Republicans of 1860 have as much in common as a whole ideologically as does the radio station called WANK-FM that one day ceases playing classical music and goes to Hip Hop. It's still called WANK-FM buuuuut..... slllllightly different audience.

The idea that ANY political party is some fixed entity that never changes with the times is naïve and absurd on its face.

No.

1. I did not claim that you used the word "radical" so, i dont' know why you posted that.

2. The GOP was founded on the Enlightenment Era principles of our founding fathers, and we have never wavered, and are still right there.

3. As demonstrated by our continued belief in God Given Rights. While you, "liberals" believe that the all powerful STATE, gives rights to people. This harkens back to the Divine Right of Kings, a very Dark Ages concept and insanely regressive.

So you call yourself a dumbass racist defender.

It's nothing to defend, it is spot on Jackass.

Except when challenged on the specifics, you and your fellow loser RW, couldn't support your analogy at all.

YOU'VE LOST. YOU LOOK STUPID. EVEN MORE THAN NORMAL.

Says the fool who honors men that terrorized a people because of the color of their skin.

Link to support your latest stupid claim, or concede that it was just more shit from your face anus.

Where the fuck have you been, oh that's right you skipped school in history class.

Got it. Just more shit from your face anus. You lose, ass face.

Ass clown you are the racist trying to defend your ancestors racist ways.

Actually, George C. Wallace ran for President 4 times, in 1964-68-72-76. Three times as a liberal Democrat and once as an independent.

And he was rejected all 4 times- regardless of what ticket he ran on.

Wallace's liberal policy was Racism and Segregation. The same ones that liberal icons like Clinton's mentor, J. W. Fulbright and Al Gore's father advocated. Wallace chose to run as a Democrat 3 times, because he knew that was the party where his support was at.

George Wallace was never a LIBERAL Democrat, that's the right wing lie that is being told. Racist Democrats in the South were die hard CONSERVATIVES.

Except when challenged on the specifics, you and your fellow loser RW, couldn't support your analogy at all.

YOU'VE LOST. YOU LOOK STUPID. EVEN MORE THAN NORMAL.

Says the fool who honors men that terrorized a people because of the color of their skin.

Link to support your latest stupid claim, or concede that it was just more shit from your face anus.

Where the fuck have you been, oh that's right you skipped school in history class.

Got it. Just more shit from your face anus. You lose, ass face.

Ass clown you are the racist trying to defend your ancestors racist ways.

And the Leftard still can't back up the bullshit he is spewing from his face anus.

All you got, is smearing good people. You are a fucking moron.

Actually, George C. Wallace ran for President 4 times, in 1964-68-72-76. Three times as a liberal Democrat and once as an independent.

And he was rejected all 4 times- regardless of what ticket he ran on.

Wallace's liberal policy was Racism and Segregation. The same ones that liberal icons like Clinton's mentor, J. W. Fulbright and Al Gore's father advocated. Wallace chose to run as a Democrat 3 times, because he knew that was the party where his support was at.

George Wallace was never a LIBERAL Democrat, that's the right wing lie that is being told. Racist Democrats in the South were die hard CONSERVATIVES.

Yet, when Wallace flipped on this issue, which you claim was so important to them, his supporters stayed with him.

George Wallace - Wikipedia

"In the late 1970s, Wallace announced that he was a born-again Christian and apologized to black civil rights leaders for his past actions as a segregationist. He said that while he had once sought power and glory, he realized he needed to seek love and forgiveness.[note 2] In 1979, Wallace said of his stand in the schoolhouse door: "I was wrong. Those days are over, and they ought to be over."[67] He publicly asked for forgiveness from black people.[67][68]

In the 1982 Alabama gubernatorial Democratic primary, Wallace's main opponents were Lieutenant Governor George McMillan and Alabama House Speaker Joe McCorquodale. In the primary, McCorquodale was eliminated, and the vote went to a runoff, with Wallace holding a slight edge over McMillan. Wallace won the Democratic nomination by a margin of 51 to 49 percent. In the general election, his opponent was Montgomery Republican Mayor Emory Folmar. Polling experts at first thought the 1982 election was the best chance since Reconstruction for a Republican to be elected as governor of Alabama.[citation needed] Ultimately, though, it was Wallace, not Folmar, who claimed victory.

During Wallace's final term as governor (1983–1987) he made a record number of black appointments to state positions,[69] including, for the first time, two black people as members in the same cabinet."

And this is fucking Alabama. You can't go any further south, without a fucking boat.

And his poor rural white supporters, followed him, despite the change on the policy of civil rights.

Almost as though there were OTHER SHIT GOING ON.

This destroys, your race baiting narrative. YOu lose.

/offtopic

Really? A man who personified segregation, flips on the issue, AND DOES NOT LOSE HIS SUPPORTERS, even in the DEEP SOUTH?

That is an incredibly powerful historical fact, and it destroys your race baiting narrative.

NAME RECOGNITION?!

2be1y3.jpg

Yep. And the fact that your only response is an unrelated Googly Image shows you're beaten.

/offtopic

NAME RECOGNITION?!

2be1y3.jpg

Yep. And the fact that your only response is an unrelated Googly Image shows you're beaten.

Err, there were words there, that made a point?

Oh, wait, you were just lying. Sorry, don't know why I didn't consider that first.

Your lie is dismissed. You are a lying asshole.

And George Wallace won the Governorship of a Deep South State, with the support of the most rural and poor white voters in the state, despite running on a pro-civil rights platform.

This fact, completely destroys your race baiting narrative. You lose, loser.

No.

1. I did not claim that you used the word "radical" so, i dont' know why you posted that.

2. The GOP was founded on the Enlightenment Era principles of our founding fathers, and we have never wavered, and are still right there.

3. As demonstrated by our continued belief in God Given Rights. While you, "liberals" believe that the all powerful STATE, gives rights to people. This harkens back to the Divine Right of Kings, a very Dark Ages concept and insanely regressive.

1. You tried to echo what I had just posted inserting a new term. Again, I don't disagree with that term. Radical means 'to the root'. That's not in dispute.

2. Again you introduce a new term. I will not use "GOP" as the Republican Party is the younger of the two. And I believe it was founded on Abolition, which got done. After that things.... evolved. The RP started taking on the interests of the wealthy, the railroads and corporations, Wall Street, while the DP absorbed the Populist movement and party and took on the interest of immigrants, labor and minorities. Because political parties change with the times, always have, always will, and to pretend otherwise is to live in a world of self-delusion.

3. Neither Liberalism nor political parties have anything to do with any "God". That would be religion. The whole point of Liberalism was to reject the divine right of kings and that racket run by royalty and clergy. We are NOT a theocracy no matter how much you whine and stomp your feet about it. We run on We the People and to coin a phase, "God" will not replace us. We had enough of that shit, that's why we threw it away.

We shouldn't be at all surprised that the apologists trying to preserve a bullshit propaganda campaign shit all over this thread with bullshit-level crapola trying to turn Liberalism into conservatism and vice versa, making up quotes and events out of whole cloth and generally just lying through your teeth because you can't handle the realities. It's par for the coarse.

Last edited:

/offtopic

NAME RECOGNITION?!

2be1y3.jpg

Err, there were words there, that made a point?

Oh, wait, you were just lying. Sorry, don't know why I didn't consider that first.

Your lie is dismissed. You are a lying asshole.

And George Wallace won the Governorship of a Deep South State, with the support of the most rural and poor white voters in the state, despite running on a pro-civil rights platform.

This fact, completely destroys your race baiting narrative. You lose, loser.

Once AGAIN for the intellectually bereft, he ran on his NAME. That's all he needed by then, even by well before then. For fuck's sake he ran his WIFE in the mid-'60s and SHE won on his name. Decisively.

This George Wallace?

Do you believe it was a God Given Right to enslave another human being?

No.

1. You tried to echo what I had just posted inserting a new term. Again, I don't disagree with that term. Radical means 'to the root'. That's not in dispute.

2. Again you introduce a new term. I will not use "GOP" as the Republican Party is the younger of the two. And I believe it was founded on Abolition, which got done. After that things.... evolved. The RP started taking on the interests of the wealthy, the railroads and corporations, Wall Street, while the DP absorbed the Populist movement and party and took on the interest of immigrants, labor and minorities. Because political parties change with the times, always have, always will, and to pretend otherwise is to live in a world of self-delusion.

3. Neither Liberalism nor political parties have anything to do with any "God". That would be religion. The whole point of Liberalism was to reject the divine right of kings and that racket run by royalty and clergy. We are NOT a theocracy no matter how much you whine and stomp your feet about it. We run on We the People and to coin a phase, "God" will not replace us. We had enough of that shit, that's why we threw it away.

1. I made a point. You focused on semantics, to avoid the point. Typical liberal.

2. Issues changed, but underlying principles, or lack there of, remained.

3. The question of whether the Government grants rights or whether they are inherent, is a political question, and one that modern day democrats, are far more likely to side on "government" and modern day republicans are far more likely to side with "God Given" or inherent. What you are throwing away, is what America has always been about.

Helms, Gramm, Lott, Shelby weren't in the Senate in 1964.

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE you FUCKING ILLITERATE HACK.

Exactly, Pogo claimed Lott was involved in the filibuster of the CRA

BULLSHIT. I said *NO SUCH THING*. Prove me wrong LIAR.

FUCK outta here.
When another one of you Dimwinger half wits claimed a bunch of "Dixiecrats" who filibustered the Civil Rights Act flipped to the Republican party you posted this:

No known political party members were involved in the forming of the KKK, which point we did here seven hundred posts ago as well as over and over and over and over and over and over and over through the years here. Oh and that includes BOTH KKKs, the original one of 1865 and the much larger one of 1915. Now some historians will say there was a third KKK in 1949, that one actually never got off the ground but if you count that, no party for that guy either.

As for KKK and elections, here's some homework for ya.
  1. Owen Brewster
  2. Rice Means
  3. Ed Jackson
  4. D.C. Stephenson
  5. Ben Paulen
  6. George Luis Baker
  7. Albert Johnson
  8. Clarence Morley
  9. Herbert Hoover
  10. Calvin Coolidge
Guess the political party, win a prize. The prize is you get to go back and read the early part of the thread where this shit was debunked, complete with pictures.
You don't assign me homework, fool.

Robert KKK Byrd, Grand Kleagle of the KKK and Dem Senator until 2010,

Which party filibustered the Civil Rights Act?

oops!
The Dixiecrats who flipped Republican over civil rights hissyfits.

When did Robert C. Byrd, Al Gore Sr., or J William Fulbright flip to the GOP? How about Stennis, or Eastland, or Orval E. Faubus?

Actually, virtually none of the Dems who filibustered Civil Rights switched to the GOP.

BULLSHIT. Thurmond was the first to do so, in September 1964.

You remember Thurmond? Trent Lott said if he'd been elected "we wouldn't have had all these problems down through all these years". Oh yeah Lott switched too.

Now, since I know what a lying hack asshat you are I can tell you what your dumbfuck spin will be: "I didn't say Lott filibustered the CYA"

But I will tell you know that bullshit won't fly because you posted that while quoting multiple quotes discussing who switched because of the CRA.

You lose again, liar.:5_1_12024::5_1_12024::5_1_12024:

Was Strom Thurmond a Dixiecrat?

Was Jessie Helms a Dixiecrat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back