Confirmed. Consumer and US businesses paying nearly all tariff costs.

No link can dispute fundamental economic law
I don't need link from college economics teachers. They probably were students of mine 40 years ago, who flunked my classes.

Some people need to be told twice. The firm sells at the highest price it can, without triggering uneconomical sales reductions.

Thus, the current price is not flexible or negotiable. If it could be raised to bring more income, it would have been higher already. I just told you what established the firm's price. Where did you think it came from ? Somebody's lucky number ?:rolleyes:

That's Trump's economic advisor. If you want to call him a flunky, have at it.

So what? Think Germany is going to allow China to walk all over them like they walk over us? Do you think China is the only place that produces cheap products?

Germany will see to it that their manufacturing stays home.

And their purchases as well. Not every country is like the US where the cheapest price is paramount. Germany has more solidarity with their people. They buy their own products even if they could get it cheaper somewhere else. Europeans generally place quality over price as well. In the US, the American consumer doesn't value quality anymore. Give us the cheapest crap we can buy, and that's who we will buy it off of.

China will never replace the US consumer. We are the heart and soul of their economy, and China knows it.

And it's China's fault we aren't more like Germany?

China has a huge built in market.
You mean lots of people with precious little spendable income. Trust me on this … China needs access to American markets far more than we need access to theirs.

We salivate over China's lack of regulations and low labor costs.

That's the bottom line.

No...you do that...
Stop bitching and pay the Tariffs.

Jo

I don't need link from college economics teachers. They probably were students of mine 40 years ago, who flunked my classes.

Some people need to be told twice. The firm sells at the highest price it can, without triggering uneconomical sales reductions.

Thus, the current price is not flexible or negotiable. If it could be raised to bring more income, it would have been higher already. I just told you what established the firm's price. Where did you think it came from ? Somebody's lucky number ?:rolleyes:

Lol.... That was good!

Jo

And their purchases as well. Not every country is like the US where the cheapest price is paramount. Germany has more solidarity with their people. They buy their own products even if they could get it cheaper somewhere else. Europeans generally place quality over price as well. In the US, the American consumer doesn't value quality anymore. Give us the cheapest crap we can buy, and that's who we will buy it off of.

China will never replace the US consumer. We are the heart and soul of their economy, and China knows it.

That wasn't my point. My point is that Germany will never replace the US when it comes to trading partners. Germany has 83 million people. We have 325 million people. Many people in Germany won't buy cheap Chinese products. We will.

The thing the Chinese don't want to admit is there are at least a half dozen other countries in Asia that can produce the same goods that the Chinese do for the same or even better prices. Countries that are willing to enter into fair trade deals with the US. South Korea has already done this.

South Korea is not going to provide the low wages and lack of regulations business is after.

Mexico will, Taiwan will, Vietnam will.........

That wasn't my point. My point is that Germany will never replace the US when it comes to trading partners. Germany has 83 million people. We have 325 million people. Many people in Germany won't buy cheap Chinese products. We will.

The thing the Chinese don't want to admit is there are at least a half dozen other countries in Asia that can produce the same goods that the Chinese do for the same or even better prices. Countries that are willing to enter into fair trade deals with the US. South Korea has already done this.

South Korea is not going to provide the low wages and lack of regulations business is after.

Which solves nothing. None of those places are going to buy $75,000 trucks.

So what? Think Germany is going to allow China to walk all over them like they walk over us? Do you think China is the only place that produces cheap products?

China is our number one trading partner, but that doesn't mean they can't be easily replaced. The US has dozens and dozens of other trading partners, including Mexico and India. Outside of some of the European countries, who wouldn't die for the opportunity to manufacture products for the worlds largest consumer???

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryP...Year/2017/TradeFlow/EXPIMP/Partner/by-country

I didn't. You did.

I didn't. You did.

No, you did.

I live here and I never bought a $75,000 truck. My last vehicle I purchased last September, and I paid $18,000 for it. It's Japanese.

I didn't. You did.

No, you did.
FALSE! I said nothing of the kind. Your word, not mine.

I live here and I never bought a $75,000 truck. My last vehicle I purchased last September, and I paid $18,000 for it. It's Japanese.

It's not about you.

It's not about you.

Well......you ask a silly question. I'll ask one back: How many Chinese bought a $75,000 truck from us?

It's not about you.

Well......you ask a silly question. I'll ask one back: How many Chinese bought a $75,000 truck from us?

I'd guess very few. We can not have equal trade with any of these countries because we have nothing they need in return. That is not their fault.

I'd guess very few. We can not have equal trade with any of these countries because we have nothing they need in return. That is not their fault.
FALSE! We have what they critically need. The world's largest and richest MARKET. This is especially true with China

That's why they need us. We don't need them, and why they cannot win a trade war against us.
In fact, we have already won, and all the tariffs that China sets, are just window dressing to their population.

Last edited:

It's not about you.

Really? So food, drugs, and equipment is not wanted? And China doesn’t need energy? You sure-)

China is very smart and highly manipulative. They are NOT dumb at all.

Now, many people can claim Trump doesn’t have a clue on this, that, or the other. But one thing is for sure. By their vote, both democrat and republican lawmakers along with unions believe that the USMCA is better than NAFTA. With this in evidence, it is highly probable that the next deal with China will be better than the last. Some of you probably want MORE in concessions from them, as would I. But then again, we would have ZERO improvement, if not for President Trump. And it took how long after promise after promise from all of our politicians?

For my family, I will accept a glass 1/2 full, after being promised a full glass for years, only to be presented with an empty glass, time after time.

It's not about you.

Really? So food, drugs, and equipment is not wanted? And China doesn’t need energy? You sure-)

China is very smart and highly manipulative. They are NOT dumb at all.

Now, many people can claim Trump doesn’t have a clue on this, that, or the other. But one thing is for sure. By their vote, both democrat and republican lawmakers along with unions believe that the USMCA is better than NAFTA. With this in evidence, it is highly probable that the next deal with China will be better than the last. Some of you probably want MORE in concessions from them, as would I. But then again, we would have ZERO improvement, if not for President Trump. And it took how long after promise after promise from all of our politicians?

For my family, I will accept a glass 1/2 full, after being promised a full glass for years, only to be presented with an empty glass, time after time.

For like the 20th time. If it's the right thing to do you don't have to lie about it.

It's not about you.

You are confused, as usual. Is it your hate America mindset that has you saying stupid things like that? You are not taking your TDS meds today?

America can compete in many areas if it wasn't for the barriers that other countries have placed on American goods and services. Trump knows that is unfair and is working hard to make it a level playing field.

You stupid Moon Bats can't stand it, can you?

It's not about you.

You are confused, as usual. Is it your hate America mindset that has you saying stupid things like that? You are not taking your TDS meds today?

America can compete in many areas if it wasn't for the barriers that other countries have placed on American goods and services. Trump knows that is unfair and is working hard to make it a level playing field.

You stupid Moon Bats can't stand it, can you?

Vast generalizations do not make for good arguements and that is what yours is. There are niche markets we could better compete in but that still is not going to come anywhere close to closing the trade gap.

Even things like soy beans China could get elsewhere cheaper (or grow their own) but they buy from us try and make a little difference.

Making the gap larger with another country does nothing either. So it shrinks out of China but grows with Vietnam, India and Thailand. That does not help us.

The idea of the tariffs is to build up our manufacturing here. It takes a small amount of growth that the policies of Trump has produced away to do so. We spent decades getting here. If anyone believes that we would not have to do something with a small cost at least to try to get it back is a stupidone. All of those high rises in cities producing paperwork. Service jobs. What the hell is paperwork anyway? The Western World loves its paperwork.

Forum List

Back