Confirmed. Consumer and US businesses paying nearly all tariff costs.

Mexico will, Taiwan will, Vietnam will.........

Which solves nothing. None of those places are going to buy $75,000 trucks.

I live here and I never bought a $75,000 truck. My last vehicle I purchased last September, and I paid $18,000 for it. It's Japanese.

It's not about you.

Well......you ask a silly question. I'll ask one back: How many Chinese bought a $75,000 truck from us?

I'd guess very few. We can not have equal trade with any of these countries because we have nothing they need in return. That is not their fault.

Well you're wrong there. This is a bit dated list, but gives you an idea what China does need from us:

The Things China Buys From The US

The idea of the tariffs is to build up our manufacturing here. It takes a small amount of growth that the policies of Trump has produced away to do so. We spent decades getting here. If anyone believes that we would not have to do something with a small cost at least to try to get it back is a stupidone. All of those high rises in cities producing paperwork. Service jobs. What the hell is paperwork anyway? The Western World loves its paperwork.

We aren't building up manufacturing here. At most it is simply moving to other low wage countries.

I live here and I never bought a $75,000 truck. My last vehicle I purchased last September, and I paid $18,000 for it. It's Japanese.

It's not about you.

Well......you ask a silly question. I'll ask one back: How many Chinese bought a $75,000 truck from us?

I'd guess very few. We can not have equal trade with any of these countries because we have nothing they need in return. That is not their fault.

Well you're wrong there. This is a bit dated list, but gives you an idea what China does need from us:

Why not use a more up to date link?

Infographic: U.S.-China Trade Deficit Keeps Growing Despite Tariffs

The idea of the tariffs is to build up our manufacturing here. It takes a small amount of growth that the policies of Trump has produced away to do so. We spent decades getting here. If anyone believes that we would not have to do something with a small cost at least to try to get it back is a stupidone. All of those high rises in cities producing paperwork. Service jobs. What the hell is paperwork anyway? The Western World loves its paperwork.

We aren't building up manufacturing here. At most it is simply moving to other low wage countries.
It's been 30 years since elder Bush began unrestricted access to our market for China, opening the gates for our stores to be flooded with "Made in China" stuff. And they've been flooded that way ever since.

Did you expect this to be repaired in a year or 2 ?

It's been 30 years since elder Bush began unrestricted access to our market for China, opening the gates for our stores to be flooded with "Made in China" stuff. And they've been flooded that way ever since.

Did you expect this to be repaired in a year or 2 ?

We were lied to and the problem continues to grow because Trump has no desire to actually address the problem.

Businesses desire above all else for cheap labor.

It's not about you.

Judging by your reply, I take it you never even bothered to look at my link. It was not about the trade deficit, I was responding to your claim the Chinese doesn't need anything from the US.

It's not about you.

Judging by your reply, I take it you never even bothered to look at my link. It was not about the trade deficit, I was responding to your claim the Chinese doesn't need anything from the US.

I never said they needed nothing so no, I have no need to see if you defended that or not. I said that we do not offer them anywhere near enough to come close to doing anything about the trade gap.

I never said they needed nothing so no, I have no need to see if you defended that or not. I said that we do not offer them anywhere near enough to come close to doing anything about the trade gap.

I'd guess very few. We can not have equal trade with any of these countries because we have nothing they need in return.

No link can dispute fundamental economic law
I don't need link from college economics teachers. They probably were students of mine 40 years ago, who flunked my classes.

Some people need to be told twice. The firm sells at the highest price it can, without triggering uneconomical sales reductions.

Thus, the current price is not flexible or negotiable. If it could be raised to bring more income, it would have been higher already. I just told you what established the firm's price. Where did you think it came from ? Somebody's lucky number ?:rolleyes:
Like I said already .... Walmart knows exactly where it's prices belong and for the first time in 40 years they have to consider an equal competitor.....Amazon. you will not see any major price increases on Mr. Walton's shelves that much I can predict with fair certainty.

Jo

It's not about you.

You are confused, as usual. Is it your hate America mindset that has you saying stupid things like that? You are not taking your TDS meds today?

America can compete in many areas if it wasn't for the barriers that other countries have placed on American goods and services. Trump knows that is unfair and is working hard to make it a level playing field.

You stupid Moon Bats can't stand it, can you?

I don't usually encourage government intervention but in this case maybe the EPA should have more say over where we buy in who we buy from then the department of commerce. That would sure as hell change the playing field.

Jo

No link can dispute fundamental economic law
I don't need link from college economics teachers. They probably were students of mine 40 years ago, who flunked my classes.

Some people need to be told twice. The firm sells at the highest price it can, without triggering uneconomical sales reductions.

Thus, the current price is not flexible or negotiable. If it could be raised to bring more income, it would have been higher already. I just told you what established the firm's price. Where did you think it came from ? Somebody's lucky number ?:rolleyes:
Like I said already .... Walmart knows exactly where it's prices belong and for the first time in 40 years they have to consider an equal competitor.....Amazon. you will not see any major price increases on Mr. Walton's shelves that much I can predict with fair certainty.

Jo

Inflation is rarely "major".

Forum List

Back