congradulations obama and lefties

Roberts abandoned the constitution and has turned traitor to his country....Time he should be replaced.

you don't replace SCJ dummbie.

Certainly you can with a conservative congress that can amend the constitution to put a real check on the Supreme court.....They have again abused their power.

Go ahead.....hold your breath & stomp your feet.

boy-throwing-a-tantrum-while-on-a-time-out-thumb7442552.jpg

I too thought the individual mandate would be struck down... it should have been struck down.... the constitution is not hard to understand, that is unless the goal is to expand your power around the constitution... and unfortunately, that has been the way of our government for a while...

I do not think the battle stops here though... I think this makes the elections this fall much more critical.. and I think the battle switches to removing the legislation

If you look at the decision, the court agrees that you cannot be forced into buying insurance, but you can be taxed if you choose not to. So if you don't want insurance, don't buy it. We tax the hell out of cigarettes and liquor for no other reason than because it's a good way to raise revenue. Is it fair to those who smoke and drink? Probably not, but we do it anyway.

As for the election, I think Obama will win easily if, and this is a big if, he does a much better job of explaining how the healthcare reform is going to work and how it will affect every single family. So far, most people have just been listening to "how the mandate is unconstitutional" and have become irrational about how the law would affect them and what it will mean to every single family out there. Now, if he does not do a good job of explaining this, he could lose big time.

aca.jpg

Certainly you can with a conservative congress that can amend the constitution to put a real check on the Supreme court.....They have again abused their power.

I don't see this as an abuse of power. We can't change the rules everytime we don't like the outcome of something. Do it right, elect those that will represent your beliefs.

Then explain to me how forcing me to buy insurance or pay a fine is a Tax??????It isnt and you and I know it. No this is like Roe vs Wade they invented shit to pass something politically toxic. There is an even easier way to get rid of this communist piece of garbage bill.....a constitutional amendment that will Heavily restrict how the government can tax.

What happens if you don't keep insurance on an automobile you're driving, and you get pulled over?

The ultimate power to control taxes is with the people. That's what SCOTUS ruled. If you don't like a tax, change the legislature, change the president. The people don't have to put up with high taxes.

exactly these people who are sad won too , they just are so brainwashed they dont know it

I have health insurance, how does this help me?

I guess according to TDM and others like her, it helps you by making you feel good that your taxes will increase (or the debt will increase) to pay for the insurance subsidies of others, in a system full of red tape and government waste

I feel grand that he stole 500 billion dollars from medicare. Money that has been paid in by people who were given no choice will now get less care and have to face a 15 member death panel.. democrats done good huh?

I don't see this as an abuse of power. We can't change the rules everytime we don't like the outcome of something. Do it right, elect those that will represent your beliefs.

Then explain to me how forcing me to buy insurance or pay a fine is a Tax??????It isnt and you and I know it. No this is like Roe vs Wade they invented shit to pass something politically toxic. There is an even easier way to get rid of this communist piece of garbage bill.....a constitutional amendment that will Heavily restrict how the government can tax.

What happens if you don't keep insurance on an automobile you're driving, and you get pulled over?
I dont have to drive asshole I do have to live.
I am being taxed to stay alive for fucks sake!

I guess according to TDM and others like her, it helps you by making you feel good that your taxes will increase (or the debt will increase) to pay for the insurance subsidies of others, in a system full of red tape and government waste

.....Like any other insurance.​

No.. because you have a choice (well, HAD a choice) to buy insurance before... without some government mandated penalty

Look, I am for my personal purchase of health insurance... and I wish I had MORE choices from my employer, but I do not.... but if I had an option of a personal health account where I saved for emergency, and then paid for my own checkups, etc... I would do that... just as I would love the choice to save for my own retirement and opt out of SS...

You missed the '90s Stock Market, did you??

If you don't have uninterrupted time to WATCH your investments, it's still a crap-shoot....much-more so than S.S.​

I explained to you how to repeal this. We need a GOP majority in congress and as president.

I can't explain the decision. I don't really understand how they shifted the penalty from the commerce clause to the tax code but its not for me to judge. This is the govt we have and we need to work within it. Mutilating the constitution to suit our desires will only serve to make a situation we deem bad , worse because the other side can do the same thing too. Besides to amend the constitution you need a majority. If we get a majority we can just repeal the law.

No federal penalty at all.

If someone does not have a car, nor a driver's license, they are not compelled to have automobile insurance at all.

For your analogy to be correct, it would have to be transportation insurance, not automobile insurance. A federal law requiring insurance covering any kind of transportation, including transportation on foot.

I explained to you how to repeal this. We need a GOP majority in congress and as president.

I can't explain the decision. I don't really understand how they shifted the penalty from the commerce clause to the tax code but its not for me to judge. This is the govt we have and we need to work within it. Mutilating the constitution to suit our desires will only serve to make a situation we deem bad , worse because the other side can do the same thing too. Besides to amend the constitution you need a majority. If we get a majority we can just repeal the law.

It is for you to judge......To govern by the CONSENT of the governed. This has crystallized to me that the judicial branch doesn't have enough checks on its power...

Then explain to me how forcing me to buy insurance or pay a fine is a Tax??????It isnt and you and I know it. No this is like Roe vs Wade they invented shit to pass something politically toxic. There is an even easier way to get rid of this communist piece of garbage bill.....

What.....you wanna get health-insurance companies "outta your life"??????

Then explain to me how forcing me to buy insurance or pay a fine is a Tax??????It isnt and you and I know it. No this is like Roe vs Wade they invented shit to pass something politically toxic. There is an even easier way to get rid of this communist piece of garbage bill.....

What.....you wanna get health-insurance companies "outta your life"??????
No I want to get government out of my life the way it is suppose to be.

CJ SCOTUS Roberts:
"Because the Constitution permits such a tax, it is not our role to forbid it, or to pass upon its wisdom or fairness," Roberts said.

It would seem that Justice Roberts does not think ACA is either fair or wise.

Roberts abandoned the constitution and has turned traitor to his country....Time he should be replaced.

I don't think he abandoned the constitution. He voted the mandate was unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause and he was right. The Democrats wrote the bill wrong. Now it will be up to Congress to decide whther if this law of taxes will stand.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back