🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Congrats, SJWs: You shut down the longest running show in America

As a child, I liked to watch animals perform - because I didn't know any better.

As an adult, I don't like to watch animals perform - because I know better. It's cruel and inhumane.

Imagine animals visiting zoos full of humans.

Exactly. Adults are supposed to know better. The circus demonstrates a profound lack of respect for animals. They weren't put on Earth for our fucking entertainment. (But some were put here to go on our BBQ's.)

Yup they were put here to kill and eat

I think it's important for kids to see animals in person. The best place to see animals is in a huge, very open park like the Safari Park in San Diego. They do a fantastic job at emulating the wild. Huge territory for the animals like tigers, rhinos, antelope, and they even have condors in a protected area.

Circuses are for assholes, cretins, and Republicans.
Nope in a few years we can display all the freaks liberalism causes. Queers, transvestites, and whatever your feeble minds can produce. Just look at a gay parade, hilarious! Lol

I'm a proud member of P(eople) E(ating) T(asty) A(nimals)...

Nothing wrong with a circus animal that a cattle-prod up the ass can't fix...

I remember going to see Ringling Brothers circus at Madison Square Garden in the 60s. It was a big event and the Knicks and Rangers were sent out of town so the circus could have the garden for the week
The circus was eventually moved to NJ and I don't know where it has played in recent years. I don't know any young parents that take their kids to the circus anymore

I remember going to see Ringling Brothers circus at Madison Square Garden in the 60s. It was a big event and the Knicks and Rangers were sent out of town so the circus could have the garden for the week
The circus was eventually moved to NJ and I don't know where it has played in recent years. I don't know any young parents that take their kids to the circus anymore
I did in the 1980's-1990's but it had become a hucksters paradise...

Yeah, animal cruelty is so much more fun.

I am VERY much against animal cruelty in any form.... But (doncha hate those?) Giving people, especially children, the opportunity to see, firsthand, the beauty of nature through some of its most noble creatures probably helps save more animals than it harms

The funnest circus I ever went to was a little traveling circus that came to town three decades or so ago. I've been to Shrine Circus and Barnum&Baileys/Ringling Brothers, too, but this funky little three-ring big top was the best. The Ringling Bros. circus was too slick, in a huge auditorium, and I felt as if I was watching it on tv. (I did cry when the elephants came out, because there was a big old bull elephant in the lead covered with circus spangly bits and gewgaws and he looked so tired and old and aware of the indignities. Poor old thing; at least they didn't ask him to do tricks--just had a gymnast lady in a tutu standing on his back.)
The little BigTop came into town with a camel to ride and some ponies for the liitle kids, a trained poodles act, a fire eater, clowns. It was great because it was immediate -- we were at eye level with the performers and right up close and personal with the action. A lot of the performers were making quick changes and doing stuff in different acts. (The fire eater was the Ringmaster.) All three rings had acts going on at once at points. There was cotton candy, popcorn and I'd never seen a fire eater before. It was great.
And no animals jumped into our laps, though they could have.

Ringling Brothers has decided to boycott the Trump Presidency

The circus is old school entertainment. But so are operas and ballets. These days we don't need to go to zoos or circuses (or pay to see the fat person) when it's readily available better than ever. We can see animals in their natural habitat in high definition by people that spend months in the field and learn so much more about them.

I have never been a fan of seeing animals perform stupid tricks, I never even taught any to my dogs. I just let them be dogs.

Forum List

Back