congrats to the rw's on this board on what a contrived stock market we've been having

Obama, Geithner and the Bernank are Right Wingers?

Who knew?

There's a long way to go before there's a buying opportunity.

But that's the kind of change we CAN count on.

As in all else there is only one (1, liberals) thought that counts:

How can I profit from this?

There are two main factors other than the necessary market correction that are moving the needle.
One, traders are pulling their money out of EU and West Asian businesses and US Stocks in companies that do business in these places. The reason is poor economic forecasts.
Second, the Markets just do not trust the new Fed Chair. Janet Yellen.
The word on the Street is that she is going to end QE III. And also that she may allow interest rates to climb. Market forces have been pressuring higher interest rates, but Ben Bernancke has been keeping rates artificially low.
Check commodity prices on metals and energies. Money is leaving stocks and being invested in hard commodities.

looks like your predictions are being realized

Because the market is down 7%?

Analysts are predicting a 10 to 15% market correction...
Stock prices are simply too high and the market indices do not support the current prices.
Simple stuff here. What goes up eventually comes down.
No need to panic.
What causes crashes is when people in the business get emotional.

The market is up about 160% since March of 2009.

You predicted that?

No. He predicted that the market would suffer a loss of some kind eventually. That is because he is a financial whiz-kid.

Here's one. The Cubs will win a World Series. I am predicting it.

Has the rightwing trolling in 'politics' gotten worse, or have I just grown more weary of it?

Stock prices are simply too high and the market indices do not support the current prices.
No need to panic.

What causes crashes is when people are too complacent in the face of a correction.

It's called, "Hey, maybe those emerging markets we sent all of our jobs to didn't emerge after all!".

You predicted that?

Of course it is. The DOW had dropped all the way down to 6600 points. It would have taken quite an act of government incompetence to keep it from popping back up from such a historic buying opportunity.

The point he is making, and what those of us who understand economics have been saying, is that the level it's at now is over inflated due to Fed pumping with their inflationary QE policies. Now that the new Fed chairman appears to be easing off of that you're going to see the bubble start to deflate and we'll hopefully see somewhat of a market correction.

You predicted that?

Of course it is. The DOW had dropped all the way down to 6600 points. It would have taken quite an act of government incompetence to keep it from popping back up from such a historic buying opportunity.

The point he is making, and what those of us who understand economics have been saying, is that the level it's at now is over inflated due to Fed pumping with their inflationary QE policies. Now that the new Fed chairman appears to be easing off of that you're going to see the bubble start to deflate.

I guess the fact that 98% of Market Orders are Institutional has nothing to do with trying to draw in a new bunch of suckers.

No need to panic.

What causes crashes is when people are too complacent in the face of a correction.

EHHH WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG..
Thanks for playing.
The emotion is demonstrated by those who sell on panic.
They see their portfolios which until the present had ballooned to heights never imagined.
The moment they sense a precipitous drop, they immediately get on their computer or call their broker to sell. The result is a snowball effect.
My parents made this mistake during the last market correction. I just happened to call them when during that conversation my dad was pissing and moaning that his broker was giving him a hard time about dumping their investments. He kept saying he was "losing" money... I had to explain it to him that he was NOT losing anything.
I used this analogy. If you started with a dollar and that dollar turned into three dollars, then went back to two dollars, you still realized a 100% profit.
I also had to convince him that in the world of financials, what falls WILL rise again.
He stopped dumping his stock before it was too late.
My wife wanted to move her 401k investments away from the bank stock ( employer). she said the price of the stock was falling. I had to convince her that she was simply buying more shares with the same number of dollars. That stock has since fully recovered and is worth more than it was in 2010.
The problem with most Americans that have investments is they treat them as though they were a passbook savings account.

The decline in the stock market is caused by the Tea Party and George W Bush.
The advance in the stock market was caused by Obama.
Everyone got that?

Forum List

Back