Congrats Washington Post: Trump broke Charity Laws

CowboyTed

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2014
Congrats to the Washington Post for there piece of investigative journalism on Trump breaking Charity laws...

Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the height of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

Now we know the Trump crowd will come up with some reason why this isn't so... They will accuse WaPo of lying even though they give copies of the checks... But this is a pretty simple case of Trump using Foundation money to pay his bills...

And before you go... But But Hillary.... There is no evidence of Hillary taking money from the Clinton Foundation... Actually there is plenty of evidence of them giving money to their foundation... Trump hasn't given money to his foundation since 2008 but he got them to pay his fines.. Remember no his money in the foundation...

This shows us a lot about the kind of guy we are dealing with... He accuses other people (with no evidence just slander) of the exact thing he is doing himself.

There is reason he is called Don the Con.... This would sink anybody else in a Presidential race but the devoted will find an excuse... Just look at it going on here....

So first there will be
Stage 1 : Denial... "That is all Lies..."
Stage 2 : Anger... "You are all ______ scum" (insert NAZI, Liberal, retarded....)
Stage 3 : Bargaining... "Well this isn't that bad..." "How can we expect Trump to know about this..."
(this is after trying to burn Clinton on the stake for it with absolutely no proof)
Stage 4 : Depression... "How could Trump have done this..." Do we think any of Trumpers are going this far...
Stage 5: Acceptance... "I see Trump is just an Asshole who robs charities.." Get Serious,

So lets see the responses and you can Identify the various stages, this is easy as Stage 4 and 5 are never going to be picked....

Let us take a moment to reflect on all of the people scammed by this despicable man into losing their money under the guise of charitable donation.

Let us take a moment to reflect on all of the people scammed by this detestable man into wasting their money on a completely useless tuition at Trump University.

Let us take a moment to reflect on all of the people scammed by this deplorable man into wasting their time working for weeks, even months, to not see a single paycheck.

Yes, Donald Trump has left behind a long trail of broken promises thanks to his reckless greed. It is a sad indictment on his supporters that they continue to support a man who has destroyed so many people's lives.

Was the non-profit sued? I would think he would be allowed to use that money to defend himself in that non-profit.

Hey, do you expect them to just accept this information as being illegal? Naw, they call names so hard...outrage at the OP so hard...then try to to take the focus off the story like madmen with accusations (Why do you hate charity? Waka waka...You're a stupid head!)

But illegal? They don't believe that Trump can even do illegal.

Donate to my campaign so I can hold rallies at my place. And triple the rent to pay myself. I will never lie to you!

...I will never lie to you. :deal:

From the same link

"A few days later, the charity said, a check came from the Trump Foundation"

It sounds to me that he wrote them a check to use. Normally this sounds like a charitable act but to liberals turn it into a complete lie. God forbid someone donate money to a charity.

Congrats to the Washington Post for there piece of investigative journalism on Trump breaking Charity laws...

Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the height of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

Now we know the Trump crowd will come up with some reason why this isn't so... They will accuse WaPo of lying even though they give copies of the checks... But this is a pretty simple case of Trump using Foundation money to pay his bills...

And before you go... But But Hillary.... There is no evidence of Hillary taking money from the Clinton Foundation... Actually there is plenty of evidence of them giving money to their foundation... Trump hasn't given money to his foundation since 2008 but he got them to pay his fines.. Remember no his money in the foundation...

This shows us a lot about the kind of guy we are dealing with... He accuses other people (with no evidence just slander) of the exact thing he is doing himself.

There is reason he is called Don the Con.... This would sink anybody else in a Presidential race but the devoted will find an excuse... Just look at it going on here....

So first there will be
Stage 1 : Denial... "That is all Lies..."
Stage 2 : Anger... "You are all ______ scum" (insert NAZI, Liberal, retarded....)
Stage 3 : Bargaining... "Well this isn't that bad..." "How can we expect Trump to know about this..."
(this is after trying to burn Clinton on the stake for it with absolutely no proof)
Stage 4 : Depression... "How could Trump have done this..." Do we think any of Trumpers are going this far...
Stage 5: Acceptance... "I see Trump is just an Asshole who robs charities.." Get Serious,

So lets see the responses and you can Identify the various stages, this is easy as Stage 4 and 5 are never going to be picked....

This guy is becoming clearer as time goes on. He runs scams to pay for his scams. He stiffs small business because he knows they'll have to spend more to take him to court to collect what he owes them than what they are owed.

Scumbag does not begin to describe this guy. If you scrape the scum off the bottom of a garbage can behind a brothel the scum would say "hey, at least we're no Trump!"

Last edited:
From the same link

It sounds to me that he wrote them a check to use. Normally this sounds like a charitable act but to liberals turn it into a complete lie. God forbid someone donate money to a charity.

Lmao. Your title should be: Taking from Charity to pay your illegal dues is righteous and here's why!

He paid it back...to himself.

From the same link

Again he settled a claim for one of his businesses with foundation's money... This is simply using money from the foundation to settle pay his fine... This is a clear act of breaking the law...

Here is the quotes from a lawyer in the field:
“I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I’ve never encountered anything so brazen,” said Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington. After The Washington Post described the details of these Trump Foundation gifts, Tenenbaum described them as “really shocking.”

“If he’s using other people’s money — run through his foundation — to satisfy his personal obligations, then that’s about as blatant an example of self-dealing [as] I’ve seen in a while,” Tenenbaum said.

By the way everyone... This is an example of Stage 1 Denial....

From the same link

Again he settled a claim for one of his businesses with foundation's money... This is simply using money from the foundation to settle pay his fine... This is a clear act of breaking the law...

“I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I’ve never encountered anything so brazen,” said Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington. After The Washington Post described the details of these Trump Foundation gifts, Tenenbaum described them as “really shocking.”

“If he’s using other people’s money — run through his foundation — to satisfy his personal obligations, then that’s about as blatant an example of self-dealing [as] I’ve seen in a while,” Tenenbaum said.

Isn't this in fact money laundering?

From the same link

Lmao. Your title should be: Taking from Charity to pay your illegal dues is righteous and here's why!

He paid it back...to himself.

We actually he didn't
From the same link

Isn't this in fact money laundering?

It could be fraud if he lied about it (which in Trump's case could be very likely) but a lawyer would be pleading Self Dealing, it would not involve jail time, would get a serious fine... But it was very blatant and the law was broken several times....

The thing is, this is really bad... It shows no knowledge how charities work. Nobody could say I didn't know in this situation and it was a mistake, this is obviously robbing a charity.
There could be Tax Evasion charges linked to this as well especially in the painting and other payments...

He is a billionaire who robs charities to pay his bills...

Legal experts say that Trump violated the law, and "it's not even close":

"“That’s way across the line,” said Lloyd Mayer, a professor at Notre Dame Law School who specializes in nonprofit and tax law. “It’s not even close. It’s clearly self-dealing for a private foundation like the Trump Foundation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/us/politics/donald-trump-foundation-charity.html

Trump for prison!

The thing from your post is this:
"A group of congressional Democrats has also asked the Department of Justice to look into a $25,000 political donation made through the foundation in support of Florida’s attorney general, Pam Bondi, around the time her office was reviewing allegations against Mr. Trump’s for-profit education programs. Ms. Bondi ultimately decided not to take action against Mr. Trump."

Now Pam Bondi dropped a case against Trump University 4 days after this payment...
Now that looks very bad, if it was a tin pot dictator in Africa we would calling that bribery...
But it gets worse, he admits to bribery.

This is political corruption, You have practically a confession on TV and the money trail to prove it...

The African Dictator is running to be President...

Legal experts say that Trump violated the law, and "it's not even close":

"“That’s way across the line,” said Lloyd Mayer, a professor at Notre Dame Law School who specializes in nonprofit and tax law. “It’s not even close. It’s clearly self-dealing for a private foundation like the Trump Foundation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/us/politics/donald-trump-foundation-charity.html

Trump for prison!

The thing from your post is this:
"A group of congressional Democrats has also asked the Department of Justice to look into a $25,000 political donation made through the foundation in support of Florida’s attorney general, Pam Bondi, around the time her office was reviewing allegations against Mr. Trump’s for-profit education programs. Ms. Bondi ultimately decided not to take action against Mr. Trump."

Now Pam Bondi dropped a case against Trump University 4 days after this payment...
Now that looks very bad, if it was a tin pot dictator in Africa we would calling that bribery...
But it gets worse, he admits to bribery.

This is political corruption, You have practically a confession on TV and the money trail to prove it...

The African Dictator is running to be President...

The thing is when he is bribing he doesn't even use his money... He uses money meant to go to sick kids not to bribe a attorney general to not sue Trump.

This is very low....

Forum List

Back