Congratulations, Illinois!!!

As an Illinois Conservative, I remember that the Governor won 3 out of 102 counties in his last election!

That means most of the state geographically do not support the liberal jerk!

For queers, I had no big problem with "civil Unions" other than it would be a stepping-stone to "marriage" which I don't like!

As an Illinois Conservative, I remember that the Governor won 3 out of 102 counties in his last election!

That means most of the state geographically do not support the liberal jerk!

For queers, I had no big problem with "civil Unions" other than it would be a stepping-stone to "marriage" which I don't like!

Why do conservatives always bring up how much land voted for a candidate? Land doesn't vote, people do.

The next ACLU suit----------bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against by the federal and state governments. We demand equal marriage rights for multi-person marriages.

Don't laugh, its the next logical step now that man/man and woman/woman marriage is legal.

Watch, it will be with us very soon.

Oh....NOOOOooooooooooooooo
Slippery Slope

You forgot the bestiality

The next ACLU suit----------bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against by the federal and state governments. We demand equal marriage rights for multi-person marriages.

Don't laugh, its the next logical step now that man/man and woman/woman marriage is legal.

Oh, right!! Yeah. Just like gays got equal rights right after interracial couples.

:eusa_whistle:

Oh....NOOOOooooooooooooooo
Slippery Slope

You forgot the bestiality

No, you can continue your relationship with your goat. no one cares as long as you keep it private.

Oh, right!! Yeah. Just like gays got equal rights right after interracial couples.

not the same thing and you know it. interracial marriage is a man and woman of different races.

gay marriage is something quite different----biologically.

not the same thing and you know it. interracial marriage is a man and woman of different races.

No, I don't know it, not in the least nor the slightest.

If you can marry Susan but I can't, I'm being discriminated against. If I can marry Dave, but you can't, you are being discriminated against.

Love is love. Gay marriage is no more "all about sex" than straight marriage is.

They made the same argument about mixed race marriages

That it was biologically wrong to mix the races

If you can marry Susan but I can't, I'm being discriminated against. If I can marry Dave, but you can't, you are being discriminated against.

Love is love. Gay marriage is no more "all about sex" than straight marriage is.

If Susan were heterosexual she would not marry you. So you would have to learn to live with being discriminated against.

Gays should absolutly have the right to suffer like the rest of us married ... er ... divorced suckers!

I'm very happy about this - libertarians are big proponents of freedom.

Goverment needs to get out of the way ~

Of course! If traditional marriage had not first been destroyed, we would never be discussing same sex marriage.

It is up to individuals to make value choices in their own lives. No one HAS to accept a same sex couple as married. People in business will just have to find ways around the law. There are ways, be creative.

If Susan were heterosexual she would not marry you. So you would have to learn to live with being discriminated against.

No. That's just life, not discrimination. If Susan and I love each other, or if the poster and Dave love each other, and the only reason they can't get married is the law, then the law needs to change.

But you knew that.

Barack Obama ✔ @BarackObama
"Michelle and I are overjoyed for all the committed couples in Illinois whose love will now be as legal as ours."
— President Obama

The vote was 61 to 54, mostly along partisan lines, with only three Republicans voting yes.

“In Illinois, we tried civil unions and that separate status has time and time again proved to fall short,” said State Representative Greg Harris, a sponsor of the bill, urging his House colleagues to approve the measure on Tuesday.

The measure passed the Illinois Senate in February, but for procedural reasons it had to be voted on there again. On Tuesday, the Senate quickly approved changes the House made to the bill, sending it to the desk of Gov. Pat Quinn, a Democrat who has said he will sign it. Illinois couples could begin marrying on June 1.

The outcome itself was perhaps less surprising than how long and difficult the debate had proved in a state with both legislative chambers controlled by Democrats and where President Obama, once a member of the State Senate, specifically voiced his support this year. Illinois already permits civil unions for same-sex couples, but even as a wave of state legislatures passed marriage provisions this year, the issue had stalled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/06/us/illinois-sends-bill-allowing-gay-marriage-to-governor.html?_r=0

We continue to turn rainbow, with a big boost from the SCotUS on June 26, 2013 (which TOTALLY made my birthday). ;)

The United States is truly a great Nation and the best America is yet to come.

No. That's just life, not discrimination. If Susan and I love each other, or if the poster and Dave love each other, and the only reason they can't get married is the law, then the law needs to change.

But you knew that.

People have different reasons for opposing the expanding of mores. It is not that cut and dried. And the fact that the SCOTUS upholds one law in one decade and an opposing one in a different decade points that up. I think you should do some research on the marriage contract. It isn't in the least about love. There is not one word on a person's marriage contract about love. The marriage contract does not entitle you to love. It does entitle you to sex, but not to sex at any given time or in any given amount. And sex does not entitle you to love. The marriage contract is a legal financial document that entitles the people named on it to have certain financial rights AND responsibilities. The next few years will be testing those responsibilities. I predict that Adam and Bruce aren't going to like a lot of them.

Last edited:

But you knew that.

People have different reasons for opposing the expanding of mores. It is not that cut and dried. And the fact that the SCOTUS upholds one law in one decade and an opposing one in a different decade points that up. I think you should do some research on the marriage contract. It isn't in the least about love. There is not one word on a person's marriage contract about love. The marriage contract is a financial document that entitles the people named on it to have certain financial rights AND responsibilities. The next few years will be testing those responsibilities. I predict that Adam and Bruce aren't going to like a lot of them.

It doesn't matter. If we can marry and they can't, then the law needs to change.

They don't need to get married if they don't like the contract. But they deserve whatever we have access to, and that includes marriage.

Yeah for sure, you might be murder central but at least you have love in the air

some people are just more special than others

Yeah for sure, you might be murder central but at least you have love in the air

some people are just more special than others

Stephanie knows all about being "special"

She was placed in those "special" classes her whole life

But you knew that.

People have different reasons for opposing the expanding of mores. It is not that cut and dried. And the fact that the SCOTUS upholds one law in one decade and an opposing one in a different decade points that up. I think you should do some research on the marriage contract. It isn't in the least about love. There is not one word on a person's marriage contract about love. The marriage contract does not entitle you to love. It does entitle you to sex, but not to sex at any given time or in any given amount. And sex does not entitle you to love. The marriage contract is a legal financial document that entitles the people named on it to have certain financial rights AND responsibilities. The next few years will be testing those responsibilities. I predict that Adam and Bruce aren't going to like a lot of them.

This doesn't make much sense but the fear is clear to see.

All consenting adults.

Forum List

Back