Congratulations, Illinois!!!

[

And now that there are so many more who will be drawing Social Security benefits that come as part of marriage, Obama will be overjoyed to double the Social Security tax that comes out of our checks each month, and cut our benefits in half! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO CELEBRATE~!

]
:lol:

Since gays are only 3% of the population, how many more do you think there are going to be?

Is math one of those things you struggle with?

The next ACLU suit----------bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against by the federal and state governments. We demand equal marriage rights for multi-person marriages.

Don't laugh, its the next logical step now that man/man and woman/woman marriage is legal.

Watch, it will be with us very soon.

Ignorant nonsense and demagoguery.

Same-sex couples are currently eligible to enter into marriage contracts, bigamists and polygamists are not.

Moreover, laws prohibiting bigamists and polygamists from marrying are Constitutional because they are applied to everyone equally, no particular class of persons is being singled-out for exclusion, such laws are rationally based, seek a legitimate legislative end, and are predicated on objective, documented evidence.

None of which is the case with regard to laws prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying.

And no, bigamists and polygamists do not constitute a ‘class of persons.’

Well done, if only Australia could get with the times and follow - gay marriage is now legal in the ACT, but the Federal government is going to court to overturn the ruling. Homophobes.

Noomi, I know we have had out difference, but I am glad you bring an international opinion to this board. That said, I wouldn't put down Australia, they have much going for them and much to envy. I have a buddy who left the States for Australia's oil industry and he isn't coming back. But I digress.

I live in IL and welcome this law, however, it ignorant to say that the people against it are homophobes (some are, but most aren't). In fact the vast majority of IL legislators voted for civil unions just last years, which gave gays all the legal protections and tax benefits that marriage offers. They were just opposed to the religious part of the union, which I think they have incorrect, but I do see their point.

Actually, I don't care who you screw. It is the financial aspect that I find troublesome. Our SS system was not designed for the extra people. We better be recruiting more illegals to pay into it.

Gays are currently paying SS taxes anyway...

As an Illinois Conservative, I remember that the Governor won 3 out of 102 counties in his last election!

That means most of the state geographically do not support the liberal jerk!

For queers, I had no big problem with "civil Unions" other than it would be a stepping-stone to "marriage" which I don't like!

Why do conservatives always bring up how much land voted for a candidate? Land doesn't vote, people do.

That's obvious, but it does point out the benefit of the MSM in the Metro/ghetto areas for dimocrats.

As an Illinois Conservative, I remember that the Governor won 3 out of 102 counties in his last election!

For queers, I had no big problem with "civil Unions" other than it would be a stepping-stone to "marriage" which I don't like!

Why do conservatives always bring up how much land voted for a candidate? Land doesn't vote, people do.

That's obvious, but it does point out the benefit of the MSM in the Metro/ghetto areas for dimocrats.

Well, maybe instead of complaining how they vote, you could give then a good reason to vote for you?

Naw... too simple.

Because they harken back to the 1820s.

Just like Alaska doesn't get 1/5th of the House of Representatives districts

And people wonder why so many bad things are happening in this nation, for allowing this vile shameful crap to happen. But that Illinois

Well, maybe instead of complaining how they vote, you could give then a good reason to vote for you?

Naw... too simple.

We, unlike the dims, don't like to lie to people and play Santa Claus to get their votes. The dims depend on the slaves they have to vote for them, and their willing accomplices in the media perpetuate it.

Because they harken back to the 1820s.

You and the truth are far apart!

Forum List

Back