Congratulations, Illinois!!!

The next ACLU suit----------bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against by the federal and state governments. We demand equal marriage rights for multi-person marriages.

Don't laugh, its the next logical step now that man/man and woman/woman marriage is legal.

Watch, it will be with us very soon.

Oh, right!! Yeah. Just like gays got equal rights right after interracial couples.

:eusa_whistle:

not the same thing and you know it. interracial marriage is a man and woman of different races.

gay marriage is something quite different----biologically.

And, if they're between consenting adults, neither is any of your business.

Quit meddling and stop being a peeping Tom.

MYOB

Gays have been paying into Social Security. Did you think they should be paying in but not reaping the benefits the rest of us do? You are pretty goddam one way.

I didn't even think that last night. I was seriously going "Yes, what about the extra burden?"

/ponder

It would be an extra burden to pay for all the adopted children when one 'spouse' dies or goes on disability.

Marriage is NOT the only thing that will change. Surrogacy will become more commonplace than it is now, and the birth mother will be able to sign away all responsibility. Also, if the birth father changes his mind, then there is another baby on welfare benefits. There are many issues around this, all of them in some way financial.

My husband paid into SS and he never drew a dime.

Yes, let’s deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights based solely on a slippery slope fallacy and the irrational fear of things that won’t happen.

The next ACLU suit----------bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against by the federal and state governments. We demand equal marriage rights for multi-person marriages.

Don't laugh, its the next logical step now that man/man and woman/woman marriage is legal.

Oh, right!! Yeah. Just like gays got equal rights right after interracial couples.

not the same thing and you know it. interracial marriage is a man and woman of different races.

gay marriage is something quite different----biologically.

Both are exactly the same:

The state’s unwarranted violation of the equal protection rights of residents of that state to enter into a marriage contract they’re otherwise eligible to participate in; whether that violation is based on race or sexual orientation makes no difference.

I didn't even think that last night. I was seriously going "Yes, what about the extra burden?"

/ponder

It would be an extra burden to pay for all the adopted children when one 'spouse' dies or goes on disability.

Marriage is NOT the only thing that will change. Surrogacy will become more commonplace than it is now, and the birth mother will be able to sign away all responsibility. Also, if the birth father changes his mind, then there is another baby on welfare benefits. There are many issues around this, all of them in some way financial.

Yes, let’s deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights based solely on a slippery slope fallacy and the irrational fear of things that won’t happen.

I see class is out for the day.

I think that makes Illinois the 15th state to legalize gay marriage.

It does...but it will be Hawaii that will be the 15th to enact it since the Illinois law doesn't go into effect until June 1st. People will be marrying in Hawaii before they marry in Illinois. Sorry IL...

I know you are following this issue closer than I am, but I haven't seen the June 1 reference anywhere but here.

Gov. Quinn is going to sign the law into effect in two weeks at UIC (my Alma Mater! Although given it's closeness to "Boy's Town", probably not a good idea to call out team the Flames!)

And now that there are so many more who will be drawing Social Security benefits that come as part of marriage, Obama will be overjoyed to double the Social Security tax that comes out of our checks each month, and cut our benefits in half! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO CELEBRATE~!

This is what happens when we heteros demanded the government get into marriage. Don't be a sourpuss now that gays get to eat at the same lunch counter as you.

Ahhhhh.... shaddap. :cool:

I think that makes Illinois the 15th state to legalize gay marriage.

It does...but it will be Hawaii that will be the 15th to enact it since the Illinois law doesn't go into effect until June 1st. People will be marrying in Hawaii before they marry in Illinois. Sorry IL...

I know you are following this issue closer than I am, but I haven't seen the June 1 reference anywhere but here.

Gov. Quinn is going to sign the law into effect in two weeks at UIC (my Alma Mater! Although given it's closeness to "Boy's Town", probably not a good idea to call out team the Flames!)

The bill, originally passed 34 to 21 in February by the state's Senate, will as amended legalize gay marriage effective on June 1st, 2014.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/11/illinois-about-legalize-gay-marriage/71286/

IL beat HI to the law, but HI will beat IL to the $.

Last edited:
Gays have been paying into Social Security. Did you think they should be paying in but not reaping the benefits the rest of us do? You are pretty goddam one way.

/ponder

Why would surrogacy become more commonplace for gays than it is now? (Asking as a former surrogate)

I think it makes the 1500th post about stupid shit that has NOTHING to do with the state of politics in our country.

But I guess when NOTHING else is going right you have to talk about something huh.

You mean, because you're not gay, so you don't give a shit about their civil rights?

Too bad, so sad. This thread isn't to your liking, you can just keep on stepping.

Blow me

Is that a proposal of marriage?

And now that there are so many more who will be drawing Social Security benefits that come as part of marriage, Obama will be overjoyed to double the Social Security tax that comes out of our checks each month, and cut our benefits in half! Whoop, teeee, doooo! CELEBRATE~!

:lol:

Math was not your best subject, was it?

Ethics was not your best subject, was it?

Go ahead and tell us that marriage isn't ethical. Go right ahead. :D

We? :eusa_eh:

When Obama blows him up with a drone strike, then all seven of his wives and all 35 of his children can collect SS on him! The family compound just got all new furniture! :D

You could say the same thing about Bush using airplanes or destroyers to do the same thing.

What makes the bigger booom effecting a larger area.

There is no difference you flaming idiot. Do you think Obama grounded all our jets?

Fuck you are one stupid motherfucker

^Bitter and Shrill

Forum List

Back