Congratulations, Illinois!!!

Well done, if only Australia could get with the times and follow - gay marriage is now legal in the ACT, but the Federal government is going to court to overturn the ruling. Homophobes.

Noomi, I know we have had out difference, but I am glad you bring an international opinion to this board. That said, I wouldn't put down Australia, they have much going for them and much to envy. I have a buddy who left the States for Australia's oil industry and he isn't coming back. But I digress.

I live in IL and welcome this law, however, it ignorant to say that the people against it are homophobes (some are, but most aren't). In fact the vast majority of IL legislators voted for civil unions just last years, which gave gays all the legal protections and tax benefits that marriage offers. They were just opposed to the religious part of the union, which I think they have incorrect, but I do see their point.

Actually, I don't care who you screw. It is the financial aspect that I find troublesome. Our SS system was not designed for the extra people. We better be recruiting more illegals to pay into it.

pretend there are no gays and you still have the same issue if these people all got married. Or we can ignore the stupid, because its not a reason to deny them the right to marry.

Hey, I here that's legal now!!!

I bet not in all states, though. I'm not willing to do the digging, but I think it's still illegal in some states.

Isn't that what Mr. Cuccinelli was shooting for?
Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.

However, we have laws such as:
It’s illegal to possess realistic dildos. (Dallas, Texas)
Having sex, only the missionary position is legal. (FLORIDA)
You may not kiss your wife’s breasts. (FLORIDA)
Incestuous marriages are legal. (ALABAMA)
Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television. (OKLAHOMA)
Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal. (FLORIDA)
Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. (FLORIDA)
It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public. (INDIANA)
Nudity is allow, provided that male genitals are covered. (NEW MEXICO)
It’s against the law to kiss a woman that is sleeping. (COLORADO)
The state definition of rape stated that it was a man having sex with a woman he knows not to be his wife. (WISCONSIN)
While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled. (NORTH CAROLINA)
If a man and a woman who aren’t married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then,according to state law, they are legally married. (NORTH CAROLINA)
Women must have their bodies covered by at least 16 yards of cloth at all times. (Charlotte, North Carolina)
A man may not seduce a woman by lying, and claiming he will marry her. (MISSISSIPPI)
It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo. (OKLAHOMA)
Students may not hold hands while at school. (TENNESSEE)
No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call. (UTAH)
A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman’s derriere. (Norfolk, Virginia)
It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs. (WEST VIRGINIA)
All couples staying overnight in a hotel must have a room with double beds that are at least two feet apart. (NORTH CAROLINA)
It is illegal to have sex in a churchyard. (NORTH CAROLINA)
Oral sex is illegal. (FLORIDA, MARYLAND, ETC.)
No person shall solicit sex from another of the same gender if it offends the second person. (OHIO)

However, a court ruling may have struck down all the sodomy laws.

82 Ridiculous (Real) Laws That Could Screw Up Your Love Life « HowAboutWe ? Date Report

I really don't understand all the controversy. Gays marrying doesn't affect my marriage in the least....of course some have equated it to money, how it's going to cost them.....:cuckoo:

I really don't understand all the controversy. Gays marrying doesn't affect my marriage in the least....of course some have equated it to money, how it's going to cost them.....:cuckoo:
pedophiles don't effect my life either but they do others.

Yes, sure, pedophiles affect those they commit their crime on, but how do gays affect you or others?

Yes, sure, pedophiles affect those they commit their crime on, but how do gays affect you or others?

same thing they aren't any different both have a sickness.

Oh the perks of being a same-sex couple...

State of celebration refers to the jurisdiction in which the couple was married, meaning the same-sex pair can file their federal taxes as married even if they live in a state that does not recognize their marriage.

Same-Sex Married Couples Await State Tax Word | Fox Business

I wish I could live in a state without a state income tax, and not have to pay Illinois income tax as an out-of-state resident with income generated within Illinois

No, there is a difference. Pedophiles commit crimes against children.....gays don't.

FAIL....

they are both abnormal and have a sickness. there is no difference between the two.
Do you really want to go with gays don't commit crimes against children? I'm going to google gays commit crimes against children let's see what the first google search brings up shall we?

No, there is a difference. Pedophiles commit crimes against children.....gays don't.

FAIL....

they are both abnormal and have a sickness. there is no difference between the two.

The only thing that is sick, is you saying that.

Do you really want to go with gays don't commit crimes against children? I'm going to google gays commit crimes against children let's see what the first google search brings up shall we?
Really? Straight people also commit crimes against children, so what do you have to say about that? You want to ban straights from marrying?

FAIL....

Really? Straight people also commit crimes against children, so what do you have to say about that? You want to ban straights from marrying?

of course straight people commit crimes against children but not many cases are sexual and since straights out number gays the percentage will be lower for straights than gays.

Same-sex couples marrying have no adverse effect on anyone else, married or unmarried.

Same-sex couples marrying have no adverse effect on anyone else, married or unmarried.
faggots are abnormal just like pedophiles there is no difference between the two.

Oh the perks of being a same-sex couple...

State of celebration refers to the jurisdiction in which the couple was married, meaning the same-sex pair can file their federal taxes as married even if they live in a state that does not recognize their marriage.

Same-Sex Married Couples Await State Tax Word | Fox Business

I wish I could live in a state without a state income tax, and not have to pay Illinois income tax as an out-of-state resident with income generated within Illinois

You think having to file joint federal and separate state taxes is a "perk" for being a gay couple?

of course straight people commit crimes against children but not many cases are sexual and since straights out number gays the percentage will be lower for straights than gays.

And you think same-sex marriage is going to make crimes against children from gays even higher?

Okie - dokie!:eusa_whistle:

And you think same-sex marriage is going to make crimes against children from gays even higher?

wow idiot what part of less gay than straights but percentage of gay sexual attacks on children are higher than straight don't you fucking understand?

wow idiot what part of less gay than straights but percentage of gay sexual attacks on children are higher than straight don't you fucking understand?

Ha,ha, you seem to be the idiot. This thread is about same-sex marriage, you bring out pedophiles and compare them to gays, then you tell me that their percentage of crimes is higher for gays, and so tell me how does same-sex marriage affect the percentage?

Never mind, you seem to be having a problem focusing.

Same sex marriage has the same effect as poisoning the water supply. It's toxic once accepted.

Forum List

Back