Cons crap on Cali . Still better than hellhole red states.

If California is such a killer place, and run so well,why do they need federal tax dollars?

California ranks 46th in federal dependency.

2017’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

None of that includes the disparity in cost of living from state to state. Many red states are extreme bargains that can stretch a paycheck by a factor of 2 to 1. Also none of that includes the MASSIVE tax breaks for State/Local Income taxes that are almost EXCLUSIVELY a Blue State thing. Federal govt just is braindead and ASSUMES that $15/hr is same benefit in every state. Also assumes a one size fits all standard deduction on tax forms and that there is ONLY ONE "poverty level" for all 50 states. CLEARLY -- they are deluded.

So the revenues BACK from the Fed are roughly the same per capita. But the revenues TO the Fed treasury on income tax are anywhere from 25% to 35% lower per capita... Because Red States do not have inflated cost of living, wages, taxes..

You leftists are UNDERPAYING yourselves because EVERYTHING IN LIFE in your little blue havens is chronically INFLATED.. Adjust for all things I mentioned and this talking point goes away for you. NOT the fault of the Red States at all. It's the brain dead "one size fits all" way that Congress writes tax and benefit laws.

California has high real estate prices because so many people want to live, work, and do business there.

No actually, Cali has the most expensive real estate prices because of zoning, building restrictions and the cost of construction.. Almost 90% of the housing stock from Burlingame (SFO airport) down to San Jose was over 50 years old. And NOT quality stuff. The only NEW housing being constructed were "tear downs" in $1mill+ neighborhoods. Or dense "city center" crap on top of commercial space.. Crappy 50 yr old 1200 sq ft houses could run close to $800K. No charm, no value,

When you live there -- you're evil rich because of price/wage inflation. But you LIVE like lower middle class in my Tennessee area. Except you have Bimmer or Benz or two. Which came from an EQUITY loan based on the phony value of your house.

Who wants to live in Alabama Or Mississipp, or South Carolina ? Despite being in the union since forever , they biggest “cities “ have less population than some LA suburbs.
The red states you list have
1. The most poverty
2. Least people covered by health insurance
3. Least educated
4. Most run down
5. Receive the most food stamps and federal help

Completely run down shit holes!

There's no comparison between the redneck trough that exists between Texas and South Carolina and California. Sorry. Your little tight shots from who knows where means jack shit.

Read these comments. They come from idiots with partisan bias and no life experience out their little blue nirvanas.

I left Cali because it was being systemically wrecked and hijacked by a SINGLE party government. Had a house on the hills over the Bay Area worth over $1mill and it was a run of the mill 1600sq ft tract home. No value to that. No EARTHQUAKE insurance either. Since the fuck-ups in Sacramento took OVER that Insurance market and WRECKED it. Coverage dropped from 60+% of homeowners to less than 25%. It didn't cover nuttin and was too expensive. And I lived 1 and 1/4 mile from the San Andreas Fault.

Also had a daughter soon entering schools. And public schools were gang ridden and spending too much money on teaching EVERY COURSE in at least 2 languages. Which I don't object to until that includes Physics, Chemistry, Calculus and other advanced placement stuff. The city library that had won awards year after year became a hang-out for vile kids with no manners humping in the stacks. And my wife had two kids out of a gang of them WALK over the hood of my Bimmer in the middle of street. They were walking right down the middle of the fucking road.

I LOVE immigration. Really do. But the TYPE of Mexican immigrate coming in after 2000 changed dramatically. Even the 3rd/4th gen immigrants that were friends of ours complained. I have a 100 stories of Cali failure. From spending money to recarpet classrooms BEFORE they fixed the leaky roof to that great High Speed Train to nowhere fiasco.

So you jerks stuff it. The South is eating your lunch in terms of jobs and industry. Poverty is MAGNIFIED here by the fact that the morons in Wash. make "one size fits all" programs that DON'T account for DRASTIC differences in cost of living. You can have the same things in the South for sometimes 1/2 the salary required to SURVIVE in Cali or other Blue Areas. Those places run wage and price inflated. So even the Federal Poverty level is WRONG. Dead wrong in terms of how well people live.

So -- I bought 3 times the house and land in Tenn. For 1/2 the price of my Cali shack. Daughter went to a public High School ranked in the Top 10 in the nation by Forbes (IIRC). You see with lower cost of living, MORE FOLKS can afford areas with good schools.

My little sleepy burb JUST STOLE 2 of Cali's corporate HQ operations in the past 5 years. They built beautiful new campuses and their employees are loving it.

I LIKE that you idiots are so damn stupid and biased. We certainly wouldn't want YOU to come down here and fuck it up for us. You jerks called it a "redneck trough" or "shit holes".. :rofl:

Here's the front porch view from my shithole in a redneck trough idiots..

4483-1472506448-52b3c0888535f21e31103e8cce6539b7.jpg
You can have your assbackwards life. I love California and made my money here and will stay here.

Good for you. Cali is one of the WORST places to retire or raise a family today. I STOLE all that inflated value OUT of Cali before the crowds started hitting the exits. One good recession and state goes busted. You had in 2000 -- literally about 40,000 taxpayers in the highest bracket paying more than 30% of income to the state. They have it SO progressive, they would lose 50% or more of tax revenues in even a mild eco-storm..

Hey... Not a single crystal worshipping Cali fruit or nut wants to DEFEND the "Top 2" primary scam? You LIKE living in place with no political diversity or choice?

No LeftTard fool wants to touch that subject...if they allow themselves to become enlightened they may actually become moral human beings and they definitely don't want that...decency scares the shit out of them.

Hey... Not a single crystal worshipping Cali fruit or nut wants to DEFEND the "Top 2" primary scam? You LIKE living in place with no political diversity or choice?

No LeftTard fool wants to touch that subject...if they allow themselves to become enlightened they may actually become moral human beings and they definitely don't want that...decency scares the shit out of them.

Aint no secret. All the voter disenfranchisement being displayed by the Dem Party was foreseen by the Founders. And Cali is dragging the rest of "Blue Territory" into political tyranny.

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.
JOHN ADAMS, letter to Jonathan Jackson, October 2, 1789

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.
GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Aint no secret. All the voter disenfranchisement being displayed by the Dem Party was foreseen by the Founders. And Cali is dragging the rest of "Blue Territory" into political tyranny.

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

America doesn't make Leadership like THAT ^^^^^^ anymore...

No secret at all.
New age Liberals / Progressives have expressed their hatred for the US Constitution and as the Dirty DNC continues moving further and further left...the desperate, corrupt pukes will likely continue to shit all over our Constitution. Thank God they're moving toward complete irrelevance.

No secret at all.
New age Liberals / Progressives have expressed their hatred for the US Constitution and as the Dirty DNC continues moving further and further left...the desperate, corrupt pukes will likely continue to shit all over our Constitution. Thank God they're moving toward complete irrelevance.

Yeah. Well the GOP has become complacent and irrelevant and totally devoid of leadership as well. Neither party has a real political compass that voters understand. It's NOT about leadership or principles. It's become --- just like those 2 quotes above -- ALL ABOUT WINNING power and retaining power.

Only 5 people in Wash run the Congress and Exec Branch. The others are hogtied, gagged and intimidated into silence. THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM. The way Congress is currently run is so far from the original concept and only based on winning.

You can see how much this nation is "winning". We're all becoming losers --- there is so much winning going on. If voters don't realize that it's time to STOP REWARDING behavior and find some Adams, Jeffersons, and Washingtons -- we are doomed.

That situation is CLEARLY on display with Cali and their "resistance" to the other Brand Name party. They are NOT actually winning. They just THINK they are. And that trap door closes very quickly when you have one party rule that's intent on Progressive concepts that are neither socially or economically stable.

No secret at all.

Yeah. Well the GOP has become complacent and irrelevant and totally devoid of leadership as well. Neither party has a real political compass that voters understand. It's NOT about leadership or principles. It's become --- just like those 2 quotes above -- ALL ABOUT WINNING power and retaining power.

Only 5 people in Wash run the Congress and Exec Branch. The others are hogtied, gagged and intimidated into silence. THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM. The way Congress is currently run is so far from the original concept and only based on winning.

You can see how much this nation is "winning". We're all becoming losers --- there is so much winning going on. If voters don't realize that it's time to STOP REWARDING behavior and find some Adams, Jeffersons, and Washingtons -- we are doomed.

Constitutional structure, authority and governance must be restored, no doubt.
I think many of us are hoping Trump with no establishment ties will be the guy with the balls to expose the perpetrators of the establishment corruption.

No secret at all.

Constitutional structure, authority and governance must be restored, no doubt.
I think many of us are hoping Trump with no establishment ties will be the guy with the balls to expose the perpetrators of the establishment corruption.

He better do something to make Congress relevant again. Fucking Repubs had 6 years to come up with an alternative to ObamaCare and did NOTHING but whine. That "party control" of everything IN Congress is NOT in the Constitution I have.

Neither is the 2 party primary concept which is a devious redirect of political representation.

That situation is CLEARLY on display with Cali and their "resistance" to the other Brand Name party. They are NOT actually winning. They just THINK they are. And that trap door closes very quickly when you have one party rule that's intent on Progressive concepts that are neither socially or economically stable.

The problem with Mexifornia Progressives and the like is they don't vote on or give two shits about economic policy...they vote for whoever promises them the most free shit, more illegals, love of homos and advocation of men in dresses shitting next to little girls.

I share a lot of these opinions about California. Still, it's hard for people with family ties to move on to other places. If possible, sell your place and move to a state with lower housing prices if you can find a job in that state. Another thing people have to consider.

.​

Just for the Record ... None of you want to visit, much less live in Louisiana.
I mean seriously ... Take a route through Kansas if you are heading to Florida or California.

If you manage to find yourself in Louisiana ... Lock your doors and don't stop.
Not even for gas, snacks or to use the potty ... Just get the hell out of the State.

.​

Oddly, I was unaware of it until last election,when I was startled to find that I had no Republican candidate for Senator, but two Democrats, both of them exceptionally corrupt and incompetent, even for California Democrats.

The facts are that California and the rest of the left coast will not just slowly collapse and then reorganize as a free and responsible region. From San Diego to the Alaskan panhandle 1,000- sq. ft. houses selling for one Million dollars or more is driven by capital flight from BRICS. Given that retirement age for men in East Asia is 60 and 55 for women that is a major league problem. (Brazil and South Africa have similar laws.) Given that the wealthier members of the BRICs are generally below ZPG birthrates when the foreign subsides stop coming the Left coast will quickly hit writedowns that exceed US GDP by a large margin. This will be rapid and will likely be triggered to some weather or seismic mishap.

Alas, exposing it will not be enough. Remember the Grace Commission, during Reagan's administration. It exposed huge amounts of fraud and waste in the handling of income tax revenue. But Congress refused to act on any of what was thus exposed.

ive noticed a trend of threads attacking California. I guess they see it as some sort of liberal flagship, even though it has many red sections.

Here’s the thing . Despite its flaws it’s still way better than these hard core red states .

Who wants to live in Alabama Or Mississipp, or South Carolina ? Despite being in the union since forever , they biggest “cities “ have less population than some LA suburbs.

Because the truth is that red states suck . Even with the warm weather, people don’t want to be there .
Quit starting worthless threads. Thank you.

Forum List

Back