Conservative blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama Children

So you acknowledge that your severity claim is merely your opinion.

Glad to see you come around on that.

An opinion that you've never disagreed with. Not to mention an opinion the FCC appears to share.

That's because I happen to share the same opinion.

But that doesn't change the FACT that the comparison is valid.

Anyone that thinks it's wrong to ridicule another based on their race but it's ok to do so based on their culture, ethnicity, birthplace etc. is being hypocritical. The severity of the alleged slur is irrelevant to this point.
Race and ethnicity are the same thing when speaking of humans.

That's because I happen to share the same opinion.

But that doesn't change the FACT that the comparison is valid.

Anyone that thinks it's wrong to ridicule another based on their race but it's ok to do so based on their culture, ethnicity, birthplace etc. is being hypocritical.
I happen to agree with the above, as well. In this case, it could still be argued that "redneck" signifies behavior as much as it does birthplace and the culture someone grew up around. You can't say the same thing about blacks.

So you think the disproportionately large number of blacks in our country's prisons has more to do with the color of their skin than it does their birthplace, culture and what they grew up around?

That kind of talk isn't going to win you too many points with the DNC.

And according to Chris Rock, ****** too signifies behavior more than it does anything else.
Chris Rock isn't on the jury, nor is he a cop, nor is he a judge, nor is he a lawmaker. The fact that crack for so long carried a stiffer penalty than coke is an indication that sometimes skin color does matter in these cases. If you don't think that people are swayed by skin color you're an idiot.

btw, it's not their actual skin color, it's how others think when they see that color.

Conservative Free Republic blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama children

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing - and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators
Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.
Hmm :eusa_think:

Not a huge surprise from the same party that made regular jokes about Chelsea Clinton? :eusa_eh:
That's a shame. I thought Letterman was out of line with his comment about Bristol Palin. This is almost as bad...the Obama girls are just little children.

These people are anonymous so I suppose that gives them the courage to call kids ghetto street trash.

Hey if Palin's kids are open to 'attack' so should Obama's. Can't have one without the other.

Conservative Free Republic blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama children

Not a huge surprise from the same party that made regular jokes about Chelsea Clinton? :eusa_eh:
That's a shame. I thought Letterman was out of line with his comment about Bristol Palin. This is almost as bad...the Obama girls are just little children.

These people are anonymous so I suppose that gives them the courage to call kids ghetto street trash.

Hey if Palin's kids are open to 'attack' so should Obama's. Can't have one without the other.

Both should be avoided.

Both should be avoided.

Unfortunately not happening, so there you go.

I don't think Palin's kids are open to attack and I also don't think two wrongs make a right.

But, whatever floats your boat.

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing - and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators

"The writer has a point," wrote site owner Jim Thompson sarcastically. "We should steer clear of Obama's children. They can't help it if their old man is an American-hating Marxist pig."

Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.

I encourage more of them to turn up the hate...

Right wing pea brains...creating a super majority.....for DEMOCRATS

I encourage more of them to turn up the hate...

Right wing pea brains...creating a super majority.....for DEMOCRATS
news flash for ya
you arent right wing
but you sure are the pea brain

I don't think Palin's kids are open to attack and I also don't think two wrongs make a right.

Yet, you hadn't a problem with Palin's kids or for that matter Bush's kids, when they were in college. So Obama's kids are younger than Bush's at the time and older than Palin's. Fair game.

Yet, you hadn't a problem with Palin's kids or for that matter Bush's kids, when they were in college. So Obama's kids are younger than Bush's at the time and older than Palin's. Fair game.
Well, Annie, that's not true. I have a problem with any politicians kids that are underage and don't put themselves in the spotlight being attacked. As I stated when Letterman made his stupid comment. Heck, I even had a problem with Laura Bush being attacked.

But do go on pretending you know what I think.

Nice work on proving to me that faux cons are all about believing that two wrongs make a right.

"The writer has a point," wrote site owner Jim Thompson sarcastically. "We should steer clear of Obama's children. They can't help it if their old man is an American-hating Marxist pig."

I just looked at the screenshot that was saved of the blog in question.

Some of the comments are quite disgusting. As of course were the comments about certain Palin family members, so let's not pretend that one "party" is entirely blameless and the other entirely guilty.

You can expect to see more of this as well. The public, via the internet, now has a loud voice, and some of the voices from both parties are loathsome. Their views should not however be taken as indicative of mainstream sentiments, as you appear to be implying with your Chelsea Clinton comment..

Some of the comments are quite disgusting. As of course were the comments about certain Palin family members, so let's not pretend that one "party" is entirely blameless and the other entirely guilty.

You can expect to see more of this as well. The public, via the internet, now has a loud voice, and some of the voices from both parties are loathsome. Their views should not however be taken as indicative of mainstream sentiments, as you appear to be implying with your Chelsea Clinton comment..

I didn't hear Obama supporters yelling "traitor", "commie" or "kill him" directed at McCain OR Palin...

I didn't hear Obama supporters yelling "traitor", "commie" or "kill him" directed at McCain OR Palin...

Nor did I.

and you didnt hear that at palin either
you dumbfuck
that was all made up

Nor did I.
he's bringing up a debunked charge that the secret service said never happened

Nor did I.

Yes, I'm aware of what he is referring to, but I was rather hoping that if he had a point to make he'd expand on his one liner, be direct and say what it is rather than just relying on inferences.

That continues to be my hope.

Nor did I.

Yes, I'm aware of what he is referring to, but I was rather hoping that if he had a point to make he'd expand on his one liner, be direct and say what it is rather than just relying on inferences.

you are hoping for something that moron is incapable of

Then allow me:

Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren says his agency examined videotape from an earlier Palin event in Clearwater, Fla., at which a similar threat was supposedly made, and concluded that the voice could've been saying "tell him" or "tell them." {Rather than "kill him." } But Washington Post reporter Dana Milbank, who was in Clearwater, said "the guy was a few feet in front of me … '[T]ell him' doesn't make any sense as a response to what Palin was saying."
Source

Well, Annie, that's not true. I have a problem with any politicians kids that are underage and don't put themselves in the spotlight being attacked. As I stated when Letterman made his stupid comment. Heck, I even had a problem with Laura Bush being attacked.

But do go on pretending you know what I think.

Nice work on proving to me that faux cons are all about believing that two wrongs make a right.
I thought it wrong with Amy Carter, Chelsea back when, the stuff with Bush twins was way over the top, but somehow we are to say wrong fro Obama? After all the crap with Palin? Sorry, good for goose via gander.

Forum List

Back