🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservative columnist George Will says he's voting for Biden

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Conservative Washington Post columnist George Will confirmed Tuesday that he would vote for former Vice President Joe Biden, his first vote for a Democrat for president.

In an interview with USA Today Washington bureau chief Susan Page for the Aspen Institute, Will went further than his 2016 non-endorsement of President Trump and said that he would vote for Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Will warned against Trump's nomination in 2016 but stopped short of endorsing his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, at the time.

"Who do you plan to vote for in November?" Page asked the columnist via Zoom.

"Biden," Will replied immediately.

George Will on on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell a few minutes ago. Lawrence welcomed him aboard, to which George replied - "Temporary loitering". Welcome aboard, George!

He works for Washington Post, I wouldn't expect him to vote any other way. I bet he voted for Hillary in 2016 too, you know, "to get back to normal" and stuff (meaning, China crushes the West, but his job is safe, not to worry).

No, he didn't vote for Hillary. Obviously you didn't read the OP. George Will is the kind of traditional conservative Republican that should scare Trump supporters.

Not surprised. I've always respected George Will, even though I don't always agree - he writes well, and knows his stuff. He's a real conservative.
He's a closet progressive establishment hack pipsqueak....Never liked him as far back as when he was the token "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) on the Brinkley show.

He works for Washington Post, I wouldn't expect him to vote any other way. I bet he voted for Hillary in 2016 too, you know, "to get back to normal" and stuff (meaning, China crushes the West, but his job is safe, not to worry).

No, he didn't vote for Hillary. Obviously you didn't read the OP. George Will is the kind of traditional conservative Republican that should scare Trump supporters.
George Will is the kind of traditional conservative....

IOW, a weak-kneed candy ass, who capitulates at the first sign of a real political fight.

Wait I thought traditional=racists...

From the OP:

"Have you voted for a Democrat before?" she continued.

"Never," Will said, adding, "I've nothing against Democrats. But I've never had the opportunity to vote for one."

Why would George Will "scare" me at all?

The question I would want to ask Mr. Will is this- why kind of "conservative" votes for Socialized Medicine and the New Green Deal? Or Defunding police?

I guess as a free individual , he can call himself anything he wants- but its an unusual kind of "conservative" that supports an ultraliberal extremist platform like that of Sleepy Joe.

From the OP:

Will has opposed Trump from the beginning of the latter's political career and in 2015 warned that Trump securing the Republican nomination could spell the doom of the GOP.

"One hundred and four years of history is in the balance. If Trump is the Republican nominee in 2016, there might not be a conservative party in 2020 either," he said at the time.

From the OP:

"Have you voted for a Democrat before?" she continued.

"Never," Will said, adding, "I've nothing against Democrats. But I've never had the opportunity to vote for one."

Ok, first we have to take his word for it as with an election so close we know the push to get rid of Trump will be relentless. Guys like this are perfect for Trumps opposition to sprout off and try and convince a few people to not vote for him. Let's see if the Post will have a progressive Bernie Bros guy who states "I simply can't vote for Establishment Joe". We all know it won't happen, because it's the Post and they aren't ever balanced. Some want China to run the world, they couldn't care who or what is lost along the way.

Also, if he's voting for Biden now why wouldn't he have voted for an even more entrenched Establishment president in 2016? Unless he simply didn't vote at all (but was rooting for Hillary in spirit). Regardless, the GOP are a party not an ideology, and if he thinks Biden would be more conservative than Trump, he is delusional and disingenuous, or, he has been living under a rock.

John McCain and Mitt Romney are referred to as "conservatives" too. As is Dick Cheney. Would he vote for them? If so, I guess I see why he WOULDN'T vote for Trump.

Not all conservatives are created equal. There is a reason I rooted for Obama to beat Mitt in 2012.

From the OP:

Will has opposed Trump from the beginning of the latter's political career and in 2015 warned that Trump securing the Republican nomination could spell the doom of the GOP.

"One hundred and four years of history is in the balance. If Trump is the Republican nominee in 2016, there might not be a conservative party in 2020 either," he said at the time.

If Trump didn't win the Primary in 2016, Hillary would have been president (unless Rand Paul or possibly Rubio won the Primary). Of that, I am confident.

Forum List

Back