Conservative media politicizing Chicago violence?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
From the stats I've been looking at, Chicago is nowhere near the top ten US cities for the murder rate. Yet, Drudge has headlines about the Chicago violence every week. For all I know, Fox News is doing it too; but since I rarely watch Fox News, I don't know.

Now don't get me wrong. Chicago has a sickness and it is worthy of a spotlight. But trumpeting Chicago as a lawless hell hole does not help anyone.

And I don't accept this BS from the rest of the media and I won't give the conservative media a pass either.

From the stats I've been looking at, Chicago is nowhere near the top ten US cities for the murder rate. Yet, Drudge has headlines about the Chicago violence every week. For all I know, Fox News is doing it too; but since I rarely watch Fox News, I don't know.

Now don't get me wrong. Chicago has a sickness and it is worthy of a spotlight. But trumpeting Chicago as a lawless hell hole does not help anyone.

And I don't accept this BS from the rest of the media and I won't give the conservative media a pass either.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Partisanship is ALWAYS anti-American. From the right OR left. :cool:

So we should ignore that lawless hell hole because there are lawless hell holes that are worse?

So we should ignore that lawless hell hole because there are lawless hell holes that are worse?

"Now don't get me wrong. Chicago has a sickness and it is worthy of a spotlight."

Hey - I think Chicago is probably top five in corruption and certainly it has a violence issue. But, my point is that the conservative media is sensationalizing the record and who does that help?

Forum List

Back