Conservatives and Libertarians need to be allies

I think a conservative who's steadfast on fiscal issues, and moderates the social ones could win easily. Most people do not want to be controlled. If repukes would ease up on the abortion issue, forget about fudgepacker weddings, and at least agree that pot decriminalization is preferable to what we're doing now they'd crush the democrooks.

As long as we ignore babies being killed and our Faith being attacked huh? I couldn't respect a person like this

You're misrepresenting my post.

No one is saying ignore babies being killed. I'm saying abortion is a state issue. However when liberals abort their children, I would argue that's a plus. That's one less welfare recipient or criminal sociopath we have to house.

The attacks on people's religious displays aren't coming from the libertarian camp. Those are moonbats who are bigoted against Christians. Notice they never go after anything related to islam. All real libertarians IMO would respect people's religion.

Yet you're saying that politicians should hide their beliefs in order to get elected.

This topic was going great for the first three pages. I was actually feeling somewhat surprised and happy with how many people I was in agreement, many of whom have made erroneous assumptions about my political beliefs.

Then it went off the rails. Fast.

I would like to return to the argument that says we are supposed to vote for the GOP because the Democrats suck more than the GOP. The "lesser of two evils" argument.

It should be self-evident, but apparently some people are oblivious to the fact that when you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for EVIL.

Wake up. You are encouraging evil. You are telling evil it is doing something right. This just results in more and more evil behaviors and more and more evil choices. The GOP just elevated an unapologetic adulterer to national office. That is a HUGE stain on the party, and screams what the hypocrites are really all about; worldy power over principles.

To such people, I say you deserve Obama.

Some people are not intelligent enough to understand when I say they deserve Obama that I am not saying I like or support Obama. No, I am saying you deserve him. Not like a reward, but as a punishment.

Those of us who refuse to vote for ANY evil are staying home on election day. I won't vote for Democrats (never have), and won't vote for the psychopaths calling themselves Republicans these days.

Until you force your parties to reject evil and all its works, you will keep getting evil motherfuckers like Obama. Your just desserts.

Fiscal conservatism, family values, free enterprise, and a level playing field for all. Those used to actually mean something.

Last edited:
As the March 1 deadline for a possible budget sequester approaches, a new national survey finds limited public support for reducing spending for a range of specific programs, including defense, entitlements, education and health care.
As Sequester Deadline Looms, Little Support for Cutting Most Programs | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Libertarians can shout. They can jump up and down and wave their hands. They can quote Ayn Rand all they want. They can't change the fact that most Americans want the government to help them get through life.

the Republicans main revenue stream (defense contractors) will never be able to bridge the divide w/ libertarians because nation-building enrich's those contractors coffers and by proxy- repub politician's coffers. Some Repubs cloak this insanely expensive endeavor under the guise of doing "god's work" like Blankfein at Goldman Sachs. :) Remember when Wolfowitz/Bush II was allowing/encouraging bible verses on his pentagon brief cover pages :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
As long as we ignore babies being killed and our Faith being attacked huh? I couldn't respect a person like this

There are about three times as many people like you than people who are "fiscally conservative, socially liberal." That is why no genuinely libertarian political party could dominate the United States.

That's true.

That's why libertarianism needs to be incrimental. Libertarians seem to push the all or nothing approach. The sort of cutting they're demanding would shock the system. I'm not saying I don't agree we need massive cuts, but you're not going to convince enough people that a $2trillion dollar cut tommorrow is even realistic.

This topic was going great for the first three pages. I was actually feeling somewhat surprised and happy with how many people I was in agreement, many of whom have made erroneous assumptions about my political beliefs.

Then it went off the rails. Fast.

I would like to return to the argument that says we are supposed to vote for the GOP because the Democrats suck more than the GOP. The "lesser of two evils" argument.

It should be self-evident, but apparently some people are oblivious to the fact that when you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for EVIL.

Wake up.

You are encouraging evil. You are telling evil it is doing something right.

This just results in more and more evil behaviors and more and more evil choices.

To such people, I say you deserve Obama.

Some people are not intelligent enough to understand when I say that, that I am not saying I like or support Obama. No, I am saying you deserve him. Not like a reward, but as a punishment.

Those of us who refuse to vote for ANY evil are staying home on election day. I won't vote for Democrats (never have), and won't vote for the psychopaths calling themselves Republicans these days.

Until you force your parties to reject evil and all its works, you will keep getting evil motherfuckers like Obama. Your just desserts.

I hope more Republicans behave like you do. It will lead to the domination of the United States by the Democratic Party.

There are about three times as many people like you than people who are "fiscally conservative, socially liberal." That is why no genuinely libertarian political party could dominate the United States.

That's true.

That's why libertarianism needs to be incrimental. Libertarians seem to push the all or nothing approach. The sort of cutting they're demanding would shock the system. I'm not saying I don't agree we need massive cuts, but you're not going to convince enough people that a $2trillion dollar cut tommorrow is even realistic.

A Fabian Libertarian approach will not work, especially during a time of growing economic inequality when most Americans decline economically every year, while the rich get richer.

The vast majority of Americans are not libertarians. They will not become libertarians.

No one is saying ignore babies being killed. I'm saying abortion is a state issue. However when liberals abort their children, I would argue that's a plus. That's one less welfare recipient or criminal sociopath we have to house.

The attacks on people's religious displays aren't coming from the libertarian camp. Those are moonbats who are bigoted against Christians. Notice they never go after anything related to islam. All real libertarians IMO would respect people's religion.

Yet you're saying that politicians should hide their beliefs in order to get elected.

They do that already, especially on the republicrat side. They talk all conservative and then get into office.

Libertarians can shout. They can jump up and down and wave their hands. They can quote Ayn Rand all they want. They can't change the fact that most Americans want the government to help them get through life.

Absolutely true. We can only work on changing people's minds about being sniveling children who do not have the mental fortitude to be a grown up about life. It's a failing idea, as government is always there to take money from our pockets and give it to these grown children in exchange for votes.

Whopping yea landslide no

Please explain the objective difference between these subjective terms.

Look up Reagan elections

That's actually a really good example of just how far the GOP has strayed from the days of Reagan. Reagan got 49 states. Yeah. Even all those fricking blue states like California, Massachusetts, and New York. Liberal strongholds, Reagan won them.

You don't see the GOP today doing that. Not even close. Not even when their competition is a complete incompetent like Obama! It's like Ali climbing in the ring and getting knocked out by Pee Wee Herman! The GOP is Ali with muscular dystrophy and a double amputation and a lobotomy. Any dipshit the Democrats throw in the ring will beat the GOP.

Reagan had superior ideas. The modern GOP is nothing but whiny bitches.

Last edited:
That's why libertarianism needs to be incrimental. Libertarians seem to push the all or nothing approach. .[/COLOR]

Question?

Your doctor tells you that you have a cancerous tumor.

Do you direct him to remove it incrementally?!?!?!?!?

Nice analogy, liberalism is a disease, but we're still not talking about the same thing.

Lets see 1980 Electoral count.... Carter 35 Reagan 238

1984 electoral count Walter Mondale 13 Reagan 525

These are landslides

Romney: 206 Electoral Votes Obama: 332 Electoral Votes Is nowhere near a landslide.... This is for the young in here who need educating.

They do that already, especially on the republicrat side. They talk all conservative and then get into office.

So Libertarians do do this?

These are landslides

Romney: 206 Electoral Votes Obama: 332 Electoral Votes Is nowhere near a landslide.... This is for the young in here who need educating.

Thanks, Cork. :lol:

These are landslides

Ok, so what's the maximum number of electoral votes a candidate can receive for it to be a landslide?

These are landslides

So how did the GOP go from 525 down to 206 electoral votes?

Winners to losers.

Its by analogy with narco-terrorists. Narco-terrorists use narcotics to further their agenda of destabilizing the regime. Narco-libertarians arent any different.

The libertarian belief is that there would be no narco-terrorists if drugs were legal.

Are there toilet paper - terrorists? Is toilet paper legal?

There are Islamic terrorists. Is Islam illegal?

I was just correcting The Rabbi on what he believed about Libertarians. He had a misperception.

I have no doubt narco-terrorists would cease to exist if drugs were legal. The question is if legalization would present even worse problems.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back