Conservatives, clean out your house

Everything is THEIR fault.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

MY side is beautiful and pristine, and needs no improvement.

No one has said that Mac, but when you have people who advocate for abusing children, disenfranchising legal voters, and ensuring that white people retain control, the gulf between the Trumpists and the rest of America is wider than the Mississippi River, in terms of doing what's right or wrong.
When the shit's coming out of both ends like water through a fire hose, debating over which "side" is "worse" is irrelevant.

Both ends need to look in the mirror and clean their OWN house. THEN they'll have the high ground.

No they don't. Trump is so morally bankrupt, and is now running concentration camps on the border for children.

Just stop, parrot. If you want to see what a real concentration camp was tour Auschwitz or Buchenwald.

You stop with you lies.

Yes they are. A concentation camp, by definition, is a place where you lock people up who are no danger to you whatsoever, just because you don't like them. You're locking up children in these camps who have family waiting for them in the USA, and who would care for these children at no cost to the taxpayers. Instead, Trump is gifting tax dollars - $700 a day for each child in detention, to the for-profit prison camps who donated to his "Inauguration Fund"

Good gawd you're an ignorant bint. Take your left loon nonsense and stick it up your ass

Good people don't think hatred is a virtue.

I hate evil ideas. I really do. The Bible actually says, "hate what is evil". That is counter culture these days when nothing is thought "evil"--when the thought of evil is "evil"
The bible says a lot of things. It can be used to justify practically anything. I prefer the parts that tell us to be good to each other rather than the parts that can be used to justify everything from racism and sexism to war and mass murder.

Have you read the entire Bible? How many times have you read the Gospels or the NT?
I grew up in an excessively religious family, I had to read it. I completed my first cover-to-cover reading when I was 12. I did it twice more before I realized that Jesus really only cared about how we treat each other and that you can read everything he had to say in less than a day.

Describe what you mean by "excessively religious family"
My childhood traumas are mine to bear and I am not going into detail. A childhood of religiously motivated beatings and bible toting pedophiles left a mark on me that will never go away.

the only revolution conservatives are linked with is the american revolution, and it is so disdained by fascists on the left

Conservatism has become a joke. The term has been hijacked. In this forum there are perhaps a few real, legitimate conservatives. The rest are right wing or alt right racists. Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.

Maybe it's time for conservatives to return to an emphasis on controlling excess government spending. Perhaps it's time to purge the conservative population of CINOS who want ethnic cleansing and a whites only nation.

The Leftist party has become the You Problem Party. Both have flaws. Hence I am an Independent.

Conservatism has become a joke. The term has been hijacked. In this forum there are perhaps a few real, legitimate conservatives. The rest are right wing or alt right racists. Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.

Maybe it's time for conservatives to return to an emphasis on controlling excess government spending. Perhaps it's time to purge the conservative population of CINOS who want ethnic cleansing and a whites only nation.
I agree. I am glad to hear you say this, IM2. I believe you and I have come to understand each other very well.
:beer:

IM2 is correct, and that is why I don't call myself a conservative.

I am actually a liberal (another term that has been hijacked).

Liberals DO want limited government force. Liberals want to preserve free speech/expression/assembly/thought/worship/press/etc.

Liberals want equal application of the laws and protection of the laws for all Americans. That includes protecting the right to vote, and making sure those who have the right to vote do not get their vote cancelled out by those who are not entitled to vote. We should find solutions to make CERTAIN that ALL people who have the right to vote, DO vote. Let no one entitled to vote abstain.

I promptly tell those who want a "white only" country or any type of ethnic limitation to shut the fuck up. They are NOT keepers of the American Spirit. In America, ANYONE can succeed. HERE, the down-trodden can make a great life. HERE, with LIBERTY, they are allowed to pursue happiness. BUT ONLY if GOVERNMENT does not get in the way.

Our founders were liberals. Those who want less government interference should also be liberals.

ALL of our social, economic, racial, etc. problems can be traced back to overreaching government.

So, yes. I agree. We the People are not enemies of each other. The enemy is UNLIMITED GOVERNMENT!

But, alas, everyone will ignore this and turn to government to fix their problems. We have been conditioned to depend on government. We are all willingly turn our power over to government and shun our responsibilities.

We are all Governmentaholics!!!

TO GOVERNMENT!!!
The cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems.

The bible says a lot of things. It can be used to justify practically anything. I prefer the parts that tell us to be good to each other rather than the parts that can be used to justify everything from racism and sexism to war and mass murder.
That is one of the many reasons I quit all religion.

Honest conservatives need to purge them from your midst.

So, that wasn't an accident, but actually you are arguing in favor of the politics of exclusion, which is decidedly authoritarian. I thought we're actually on the same side arguing in favor of inclusion throughout, even in case we disagree with "Those people". That's disappointing.

No, they need not "purge" them. All that's necessary is for them to keep a tiny minority of lunatics (way over-represented on these boards) away from key positions and resurrect whatever conservatism is supposed to be, because, while fishing for support in very muddy waters, they clearly lost it.

I find, it's never smart to go for the simplicity of exclusion, or a "purge": Those thus excluded will not simply disappear. Rather, they'll probably generate a generation of McVeighs, and minorities, in particular, are going to suffer for it. It's far better to include them while winning the argument over the course of the party, and the course of the nation, for that matter. Your advocacy, such as it is, is not helpful.

digging through everything to piss on the grave of the founders ................hmmmmm

What motivates you to Dance on their graves lib.
You think I am lying?

How Thomas Jefferson Created His Own Bible | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian
I didn't call you a Liar...............I asked why you go out of your way to piss on the graves of the founding fathers.

What motivates you to do so.........and why do so many Liberals do the same........

That was my point and you know. it..........Do you hate the founding fathers..........Does your party hate them.............Because they trash talk them all the time...........kinda like they do to the Constitution while claiming they really care about it.
Jefferson did what I did for myself years ago. I realized that the message Jesus Christ brought was being obscured by a bunch of draconian Hebrew tribal law and superstition that has zero bearing on how we live in the modern era. I meant no disrespect to Jefferson whatsoever.

Your gospel--little g--is subtle and insidious but it is as deadly as a wolf in sheep's clothing. To yourself first, and to all who subscribe.

You said this: "I realized that the message Jesus Christ brought was being obscured by a bunch of draconian Hebrew tribal law and superstition...." etc.

If Jesus Christ was only about the MESSAGE He brought He could have come and delivered it, said, hey there you go, some bonny good teaching for you, dusted off his hands and gone back to His carpenter shop with his dad.

But He didn't.

He went all the way to the Cross. To die. And suffer for sins.

And then He rose again.

Why don't you be honest and say you don't believe in Jesus the CHRIST. You believe in Jesus the teacher ONLY--Jesus the human, but certainly not Jesus the God, Jesus who now sits at the Right Hand of God the Father. Which means you're not really a Christian.

Those of us who are, we are not fooled by your insidiously subtle message. Be warned: neither will God be. Your "good deeds" are as filthy rags. If you do not believe that Jesus THE CHRIST rose from the dead, it doesn't matter what you think of conservative Christians, whether you think you're better than them or not.

You will perish. We all will if our sins are not covered with the Blood of the Lamb.
So here I am saying "You will love your neighbor as yourself" and the religious zealots get angry. I guess some things never change. You seem to think the path to heaven is simply to believe in the resurrection while you go through life worshiping money and spitting on the unfortunate. If that's how it is then God is a monster unworthy of worship. I have been endowed with reason as have all humans. I can no more abandon reason than I can quit breathing. If it is reason itself that endangers my soul to hell then again God is a monster. i cannot bring myself to believe ludicrous superstition. I can and do believe in the inherent goodness of humanity and our ability to make the world a better place.

What "conservative Christians" fail to take into account is that belief alone doesn't cut it.

James 2:16-18.
If one of you tells him, “Go in peace; stay warm and well fed,” but does not provide for his physical needs, what good is that? 17
So too, faith by itself, if it is not complemented by action, is dead. 18But someone will say, “You have faith and I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.…

The main problem with what Sue has said is that it's wrong. Jesus told us how to get to heaven before he shed one drop of blood.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. ”

We may claim to “believe”, and we may confess Jesus as “Lord” but claiming to believe is not the same as truly believing, and calling Jesus Lord is not the same as being a servant of Jesus, someone truly under His divine authority.

Matthew 25:33-40
33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'LORD, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

These words were spoken before he was put on the cross. This is how we get to heaven. THIS is what God stands for. Sue is being misled.

"I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism- Ronald Reagan

It's what I firmly believe. I will take it a step further than the Gipper and say, the soul of America is libertarianism.
Which is really liberalism.

The most liberal president in the history of the United States is Thomas Jefferson.

We need more Jefferson-minded politicians. We need more Jefferson-minded citizens.

I didn't call you a Liar...............I asked why you go out of your way to piss on the graves of the founding fathers.

What motivates you to do so.........and why do so many Liberals do the same........

That was my point and you know. it..........Do you hate the founding fathers..........Does your party hate them.............Because they trash talk them all the time...........kinda like they do to the Constitution while claiming they really care about it.
Jefferson did what I did for myself years ago. I realized that the message Jesus Christ brought was being obscured by a bunch of draconian Hebrew tribal law and superstition that has zero bearing on how we live in the modern era. I meant no disrespect to Jefferson whatsoever.

Your gospel--little g--is subtle and insidious but it is as deadly as a wolf in sheep's clothing. To yourself first, and to all who subscribe.

You said this: "I realized that the message Jesus Christ brought was being obscured by a bunch of draconian Hebrew tribal law and superstition...." etc.

If Jesus Christ was only about the MESSAGE He brought He could have come and delivered it, said, hey there you go, some bonny good teaching for you, dusted off his hands and gone back to His carpenter shop with his dad.

But He didn't.

He went all the way to the Cross. To die. And suffer for sins.

And then He rose again.

Why don't you be honest and say you don't believe in Jesus the CHRIST. You believe in Jesus the teacher ONLY--Jesus the human, but certainly not Jesus the God, Jesus who now sits at the Right Hand of God the Father. Which means you're not really a Christian.

Those of us who are, we are not fooled by your insidiously subtle message. Be warned: neither will God be. Your "good deeds" are as filthy rags. If you do not believe that Jesus THE CHRIST rose from the dead, it doesn't matter what you think of conservative Christians, whether you think you're better than them or not.

You will perish. We all will if our sins are not covered with the Blood of the Lamb.
So here I am saying "You will love your neighbor as yourself" and the religious zealots get angry. I guess some things never change. You seem to think the path to heaven is simply to believe in the resurrection while you go through life worshiping money and spitting on the unfortunate. If that's how it is then God is a monster unworthy of worship. I have been endowed with reason as have all humans. I can no more abandon reason than I can quit breathing. If it is reason itself that endangers my soul to hell then again God is a monster. i cannot bring myself to believe ludicrous superstition. I can and do believe in the inherent goodness of humanity and our ability to make the world a better place.

What "conservative Christians" fail to take into account is that belief alone doesn't cut it.

James 2:16-18.
If one of you tells him, “Go in peace; stay warm and well fed,” but does not provide for his physical needs, what good is that? 17
So too, faith by itself, if it is not complemented by action, is dead. 18But someone will say, “You have faith and I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.…

The main problem with what Sue has said is that it's wrong. Jesus told us how to get to heaven before he shed one drop of blood.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. ”

We may claim to “believe”, and we may confess Jesus as “Lord” but claiming to believe is not the same as truly believing, and calling Jesus Lord is not the same as being a servant of Jesus, someone truly under His divine authority.

Matthew 25:33-40
33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'LORD, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

These words were spoken before he was put on the cross. This is how we get to heaven. THIS is what God stands for. Sue is being misled.

James 4:17

That's why good people hate Democrats.
Good people don't think hatred is a virtue.

I hate evil ideas. I really do. The Bible actually says, "hate what is evil". That is counter culture these days when nothing is thought "evil"--when the thought of evil is "evil"
I bet you don't like the parts that tell you not to have sex out of wedlock, to honor your father and your mother, and to worship God, not false gods. In fact, you'd rewrite the Bible to promote liars like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama who say things with crossed fingers behind their backs, where no one can see. :eusa_liar::evil::eusa_liar::evil::eusa_liar::evil::eusa_liar:
Ever heard of the "Jefferson Bible". Thomas Jefferson edited his own version of the bible to get rid of the crap parts that are used as an excuse to treat people like garbage.
YES.

We need a few more Jeffersons.

Wow, the projection is strong in this one. Typical commie regressive, accuse the other side of everything you're doing. LMAO

Conservatism has always been a joke; its dogma as wrong as it is ridiculous.
images (35).jpeg

Honest conservatives need to purge them from your midst.

So, that wasn't an accident, but actually you are arguing in favor of the politics of exclusion, which is decidedly authoritarian. I thought we're actually on the same side arguing in favor of inclusion throughout, even in case we disagree with "Those people". That's disappointing.

No, they need not "purge" them. All that's necessary is for them to keep a tiny minority of lunatics (way over-represented on these boards) away from key positions and resurrect whatever conservatism is supposed to be, because, while fishing for support in very muddy waters, they clearly lost it.

I find, it's never smart to go for the simplicity of exclusion, or a "purge": Those thus excluded will not simply disappear. Rather, they'll probably generate a generation of McVeighs, and minorities, in particular, are going to suffer for it. It's far better to include them while winning the argument over the course of the party, and the course of the nation, for that matter. Your advocacy, such as it is, is not helpful.

No, I'm not arguing for exclusion. And as we see, the current "conservatives" are about authoritarianism. I love how those like you want to try telling us how things will hurt minorities. You reduce these extremists to the fringes and let them rant all they want. They cannot harm anyone if they are removed from policy making. They are going to generate McVeighs regardless. What you want to do is make certain no more Stephen Millers can gain power. McVeighs can be dealt with. You don't see him doing anything now do ya? Stephen Miller gets to make policy and gets secret service protection.

Wow, the projection is strong in this one. Typical commie regressive, accuse the other side of everything you're doing. LMAO

Psychosis abounds in this one.

Links that prove any of your bullshit.

You don't link everything to prove what you say so don't ask for any.

I changed my mind.

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back