🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservatives Have A Big Night In Local And State Elections

No one knows what a real republican is. Or the last one that was president. Who was the last real republican in the white house?

McCain lost because he would have been like renominating Bush. Same with Romney. Same with the current GOP candidates.
They lost because of low voter turnout, no real conservatives showed up to the polls. Millions just like me did not vote those years except in local elections.

Put in a real conservative that is not an career politician, people that have never before voted will show up to the polls.
The computer models just like the so called global warming computer models are not based on reality...

This right here is my absolute favorite right-wing delusion.
It has never happened before to see, too bad.
Instead the dumba$$ GOP always puts spineless cowardly moderates who always happen to be career politicians. Then they wonder why none of their base shows up to the polls. Duh!!

You do know the definition for insanity??

If it has "never happened", what makes you so sure that it would happen?

Is it just a matter of faith?
Well, The status quo certainly isn't working, show by the last two presidential elections... had no real voter turnout due to spineless cowardly moderates on the ticket.
I certainly didn't back them, along with millions of other conservatives.

I don't vote lesser of two evils...

What makes you think that you speak for "millions of other conservatives"?

They lost because of low voter turnout, no real conservatives showed up to the polls. Millions just like me did not vote those years except in local elections.

Put in a real conservative that is not an career politician, people that have never before voted will show up to the polls.
The computer models just like the so called global warming computer models are not based on reality...

Instead the dumba$$ GOP always puts spineless cowardly moderates who always happen to be career politicians. Then they wonder why none of their base shows up to the polls. Duh!!

Well, The status quo certainly isn't working, show by the last two presidential elections... had no real voter turnout due to spineless cowardly moderates on the ticket.

Never said that, it's obvious with this country voter turnout...
There has to be a choice to vote, voting for the lesser of two evils is not an vote so why bother??

There has to be a choice to vote, voting for the lesser of two evils is not an vote so why bother??

How does low voter turnout in general make it "obvious" that there are millions of "real" conservatives sitting out the elections because they don't have a "real" conservative to vote for?

How does low voter turnout in general make it "obvious" that there are millions of "real" conservatives sitting out the elections because they don't have a "real" conservative to vote for?
What is the percentage of the last two presidential elections as compared to voting eligible number of Americans??
By not showing up to the polls. Duh!!

VOTED OUT: San Francisco voters oust sheriff amid 'sanctuary city' furor

Embattled San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi convincingly lost his bid for re-election Tuesday after spending months in the national spotlight as the face of his city's controversial "sanctuary city" policy on illegal immigration.

Mirkarimi, 54, was defeated by Vicki Hennessy, a former sheriff's official who had the endorsement of San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and the sheriff deputies association. With 42 percent of precincts reporting, Henessy had received 63 percent of the vote to 31 percent for Mirkarimi.

Mirkarimi and his office received heavy criticism after Mexican illegal immigrant Francisco Sanchez allegedly shot and killed 32-year-old Kate Steinle on San Francisco's waterfront July 1.

That one really surprised me, I didn't figure Palousey country had it in'em.

Woooo hooooooooooooo ! :banana:

Voters elected Republicans and rejected progressive ballot initiatives, including anti-discrimination and marijuana legalization measures.

Conservatives triumphed in high-profile local and statewide elections on Tuesday, with voters delivering big victories to Republican candidates and rejecting progressive ballot measures.

In the Kentucky governor's race, tea party favorite Matt Bevin (R) defied expectations and defeated state Attorney General Jack Conway (D), becoming the first Republican governor in more than 40 years. Bevin, a businessman, previously challenged Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in a 2010 primary, but was trounced. This year's race was expected to be close, but Bevin's margin of victory was nearly 9 points.

MORE: Conservatives Have A Big Night In Local And State Elections
What a bunch of bullshit. Democrats had huge victories, including locking up the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and winning a bunch of Mayoral races.

But as expected, stupid people are still stupid, so Kentucky votes against their health interests and people are shocked that stupid people are still stupid?

Ohio didn't vote against marijuana legalization, they voted against corporate monopoly control of marijuana. Legalization is very popular, and will be back next year without the monopolies.

Embattled San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi convincingly lost his bid for re-election Tuesday after spending months in the national spotlight as the face of his city's controversial "sanctuary city" policy on illegal immigration.

Mirkarimi, 54, was defeated by Vicki Hennessy, a former sheriff's official who had the endorsement of San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and the sheriff deputies association. With 42 percent of precincts reporting, Henessy had received 63 percent of the vote to 31 percent for Mirkarimi.

Mirkarimi and his office received heavy criticism after Mexican illegal immigrant Francisco Sanchez allegedly shot and killed 32-year-old Kate Steinle on San Francisco's waterfront July 1.

You are aware that Vicki Hennessy is a liberal, right?

You asked that like there were a possibility of there being anything else in that shit hole. That is just too funny.

Ky has always voted the GOP ticket, its only fitten they elect a red gov.

No they haven't. This is only second Republican governor KY has elected in 44 years. The state legislature is also Democratic.

You asked that like there were a possibility of there being anything else in that shit hole. That is just too funny.

So why were you "surprised"?

These uneducated low information Moon Bats forget about the nationwide ass kicking the Democrats got in 2014.

The ballot results from yesterday shows that the distrust and rejection of the Moon Bat extreme far Left agenda is continuing.

With the two idiots that have as Presidential candidates they are in serious trouble in 2016 but they are too confused and delusional to recognize it..

Those folks tend to stay with the same losers, the more they fuck up the better the voters seem to like them. Regressives are weird that way.

Those folks tend to stay with the same losers, the more they fuck up the better the voters seem to like them. Regressives are weird that way.

San Francisco local offices have pretty fast turnovers, actually.

Seems like you don't know shit, and are instead just talking out of your ass.

Yep. MurkyReamy was also wife beater. This new one will follow right in with past likes of "Heather Fong". Wow. Wow. Simply amazing.

San Francisco local offices have pretty fast turnovers, actually.

Seems like you don't know shit, and are instead just talking out of your ass.

Really, how many have been booted before they were term limited?

So the conservative talkers are saying that polls showed people like Bevin were way behind in the polls.

I wasn't paying attention, but this definitely guarantees another round of poll-ignoring by the GOP in 2016, should be pretty interesting.

Pennsylvania: In what was by far the most important victory of the night, Democrats swept three seats on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, giving them a five-to-two majority; previously, Republicans had controlled the bench three-to-two, with two vacancies. This victory isn't simply about ensuring a more just court, though undoubtedly the cause of fairness will benefit greatly. It will also have an enormous impact on the next round of legislative redistricting.
Indianapolis, IN: Democrats won several big mayoral races on Tuesday, and the biggest prize came in Indianapolis, where Democrat Joe Hogsett crushed Republican Chuck Brewer 63-37. For the preceding eight years, though, Republicans had held the mayoralty, making Indy, the 14th-biggest city in the country, one of the few large burgs without a Democrat at the helm. Republicans have used this job as a springboard for higher office in the past (former Sen. Dick Lugar was once mayor), so Team Blue will be glad to have this post in its hands.

Salt Lake City, UT: Democrat Jackie Biskupski unseated two-term Mayor Rich Becker (a fellow Democrat) by a 52-48 margin, making her the first openly gay mayor in Utah history. SLC is a liberal oasis in an otherwise extremely red state, but this kind of first is always an important one.

Charlotte, NC: Democrat Jennifer Roberts squeaked out a 52-48 win over Republican Edwin Peacock to win the mayoralty in Charlotte, North Carolina's largest city. Peacock would have been a strong statewide candidate had he won: In fact, Charlotte's last Republican mayor, Pat McCrory, is now governor. Instead, Roberts will have the opportunity to showcase her abilities, and if she governs well, she, rather than Peacock, will have a chance at upward advancement somewhere down the line.

Mississippi: Mississippi—yes, Mississippi—makes this list, and not once but twice. That's because state Attorney General Jim Hood, the last Democrat holding statewide office in the Deep South, won his toughest election to date to win a fourth term by a 56-44 spread. Hood matters because he's been an aggressive advocate for victims of Hurricane Katrina, who are still battling insurance companies a decade later. Hood has won hundreds of millions on their behalf and continues the fight to this day. No Republican attorney general would have done the same.

And believe it or not, Democrats scored a second win in the Magnolia State, the kind that really flies under the radar: They took two of three seats on Mississippi's Public Service Commission, a little-known but important board that regulates utility companies. It's no small matter, since, among other things, the Mississippi Power Company is trying to pass off massive cost over-runs for a new $6.4 billion power plant to customers. Would you rather have Democrats fighting on behalf of consumers or Republicans? The question answers itself.

Maine: Voters in Maine approved an expansion of the state's Clean Election Act by a 55-45 margin. The new rules will increase the amount of public funding available to candidates; require greater disclosure of donors; and heighten the penalties for violators.

Seattle, WA: In a novel move, Seattleites voted by a wide margin to implement a new campaign finance system that would give each voter four $25 "democracy vouchers" every two years that they could then give as donations to candidates for local races like mayor and city council. In turn, candidates who accept these vouchers will have to abide by additional caps on donations and spending, and will also have to participate in at least three debates. It's the first regime of its kind anywhere in the nation, and it could pave the way for interesting reforms along these lines elsewhere.

Forum List

Back