Conservatives: how much money do you think billionaires are obligated to give...

Only in your minuscule little paranoid head.

That's reality as demonstrated by noting what those who call themselves liberals support. They wouldn't disagree with a single item on the platform of the American Communist Party.

And I'm sure they'll be ecstatic to know they have a seven-year-old brat with jelly all over his face to speak for them. What a time saver.

Which plank of the Communist Party Platform do you disagree with?

Johnboy, who believes "the definition of a happy and comfortable life is dependent on the government?"

If the government is going to pass any legislation on how much of your income or fortune you're allowed to keep, then the government will end up deciding the definition of " happy and comfortable life." If the government isn't going to pass any such legislation, then why even bring up the issue? The people who have the money will decide how much they need for a "happy and comfortable life," not you.

Of course there is. Once you've bought/invested all you could ever need, anything left over is "excess". Something you have no use for is what we call "useless".

And just what is this definition of "all you need"? And who determines what it is anyone "needs"

I can give you a laundry list of things I think you need and don't need is that OK with you?

You have absolutely no right to tell anyone else what they need or don't need. It's none of your business.

Reading discomprehension must be contagious.

Nobody suggested dictating what somebody else needs. You started this out by saying there's no such thing as "excess". So I gave a definition that disproves that. And right in that definition, it's the owner of that money making his own decision on what he needs.

That's all there is to it. Stop plugging in irrelevant shit.

You didn't give a definition. You gave some subjective shit about what a person needs then you contradict yourself by saying it's up to the person to decide what he needs and therefore what is "excess"

And BTW discomprehension is not a word.

If I hide money in old mayo jars off shore, in my back yard or up my own ass is of no concern to the government nor anyone else... and you nor anyone else gets to tell me or anyone how much is enough
I don't recommend you tell that to the Internal Revenue Service.

But that is beyond the point.. for you quoted about the busted 90+% myth, knew you had nothing, and went off on your little tangent rant
The rate was 91%, not 90%. And it's not a myth. Go here:
http://s3.moveon.org/images/tax_rate-chart550.gif

UH huh... :rolleyes: I can bury my available funds right now.. no IRS is coming after anyone

And perhaps you should look into the little facts behind what was income, what was taxable, etc... and find out that the effective rate was basically no different than the past 20 years effective rate

As stated... your ~90% rate myth has already been debunked

And moveon.org as a source... yeah, THAT is credible :rolleyes:

Idiot

Yes, obviously I am singling out billionaires when it comes to responsibility. It is a matter of excess. Do you notice I am not including millionaires in this topic?

How did you determine some arbitrary amount of money is "excess?" where's the equation that determines that?

You don't need a fucking equation to determine excess. This is common sense. A Billion dollars is not a minimum to live a life of luxury. You would only need an equation if i had set a standard on giving. I didn't.

Subjectivity in judgement.. the tool of the uber lefty

I shudder at the thought of a country where the definition of a happy and comfortable life is dependent on the government. How much money can a citizen keep till he becomes associated with hoarders? How many children can you have before the government decides that you are becoming less happy and comfortable? How many cars is the government going to allow you to have till they decide that you're becoming decadent and unhelpful to the general rules of governmental abstinence. The thing about freedom is that it's so hurtful and unfair sometimes. It's still better than letting the politicians govern your values by confiscating your private property. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fixing our overly complex ridiculous tax code. A simple flat tax would fix much of our problems I believe. Also, what part about a government unable to balance a budget is supposed to make me comfortable with their financial expertise?
The "flat tax" idea has been plugged into the Libertarian playbook by the super-rich and would only be fair if everyone's earnings were the same.

If you earn $50,000 and the flat tax is 20 percent, you pay ten thousand dollars, which means you can't afford braces on your kid's crooked teeth , or to replace your dying car, or to fix your leaking roof, etc. But one who earns $10,000,000 will pay two million in taxes, leaving only eight million to get along on, which means he's stuck with the same yacht for another year, or he'll have to fly commercial to the Bahamas rather than hire a private, jet, etc.

In other words, there is a point at which the flat tax is a real burden only on the lower class. Because beyond a certain point it becomes irrelevant in real terms. Taxation is not expected to by painless -- but everyone should feel the pain. Not just the little people. The fundamental meaning of America is the end of aristocracy.

Twenty million -- no more. And a progressive tax rate. The rich stay rich, just a little less rich.

Uh huh.. :rolleyes:

Cue the soviet flag...

Well.. I guess sales tax is not 'fair' so eliminate it except for the rich fuckers.. I bet the price of milk is not fair either, it should be lower for you than it is for Bill Gates or maybe a billionaire who does not donate as much to where you want

A flat tax is the very same on every dollar earned... and the impact on you is entirely situational and of no concern to anyone.. you could be earning 40K this year and not be effected like Mr. X on th enext street making 40K... You could have paid off all your debts last year, have no kids, etc.. He may have 2 ex wives, 3 children to support, and owes 50K in car loans...

What you want is SUBJECTIVITY rather than equality in treatment.. you want a feel good jab in the name of 'stickittothemanitis'

Knowing when you have enough is rational. Wanting more, even when you have more than enough, is not. It is the manifestation of greed, which is a mental disorder.

This dont make sense to me. I am so rich in manufacturing knowledge but their is so much more to learn every day. So your saying their is a limit on how much a guy can try to get if money was his thing?
When the electric company comes to turn off your lights they aren't interested in how much manufacturing knowledge you have. I'm sure you know that. So why present such a specious argument?

It wasn't long ago the average corporate CEO earned about 30 times as much as his lowest paid employee. That ratio has increased typically to more than 300 times, which is one reason why an increasing number of American workers can't afford to pay their electric bills. It is no secret that working class wages have remained stagnant for the past three decades while the wealth accumulation of the upper class has increased dramatically.

Go here: CEO Pay Grew 127 Times Faster Than Worker Pay Over Last 30 Years: Study

The wealth that Reagan promised would "trickle down" is in fact being siphoned up and hoarded by a percentage of the population commonly referred to as the One Percent.

Read the article.

Do you realize how many more people usually get employed by growing a company? Have you ever taken the time to actually see the increase in number of those that make hundreds of thousands and the added millionaires through those decades? Go to the IRS site and pull that info up. The opportunity is there if you are willing to work hard and smart for just about everyone. If you were to expend as much energy towards trying to make it as you do trying to convince others they don't deserve it, just maybe you would become one of those you envy.

Last edited:
And just what is this definition of "all you need"? And who determines what it is anyone "needs"

I can give you a laundry list of things I think you need and don't need is that OK with you?

You have absolutely no right to tell anyone else what they need or don't need. It's none of your business.

Nobody suggested dictating what somebody else needs. You started this out by saying there's no such thing as "excess". So I gave a definition that disproves that. And right in that definition, it's the owner of that money making his own decision on what he needs.

You didn't give a definition. You gave some subjective shit about what a person needs then you contradict yourself by saying it's up to the person to decide what he needs and therefore what is "excess"

Bullshit. I defined it as that person's choice from the beginning. It's on the record. Again, you can't change that by just making shit up. I don't know on what planet you get away with lying but maybe you can still go back there.

I made it up. It was the word I wanted. Deal with it.

Say, aren't you the same guy who just started whining about not telling other people what they need? That's about the fastest rhetorical 180 you can do.

Hypocricize much?

"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less." -- Humpty Dumpty

Bullshit. I defined it as that person's choice from the beginning. It's on the record. Again, you can't change that by just making shit up. I don't know on what planet you get away with lying but maybe you can still go back there.

Say, aren't you the same guy who just started whining about not telling other people what they need? That's about the fastest rhetorical 180 you can do.

Hypocricize much?

"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less." -- Humpty Dumpty

I have never told anyone what they need.

I have never told anyone they make too much money or save too much money. i have never said anyone was too rich etc.

You're the fucking idiot who thinks they can tell people they make excess money just like you think you can make up words believing it makes you sound intelligent when all it does is underscore your stupidity.

That's reality as demonstrated by noting what those who call themselves liberals support. They wouldn't disagree with a single item on the platform of the American Communist Party.

And I'm sure they'll be ecstatic to know they have a seven-year-old brat with jelly all over his face to speak for them. What a time saver.

ok, so how do you disagree with communism?

Notice that Pogo declines to answer this question. That's because he can't think of anything.

Hypocricize much?

I have never told anyone they make too much money or save too much money. i have never said anyone was too rich etc.

You're the fucking idiot who thinks they can tell people they make excess money just like you think you can make up words believing it makes you sound intelligent when all it does is underscore your stupidity.

Uhh... you just got done telling me I need to use your approved word list. And that was after failing to figure out my previous words which said not a thing about telling anyone what 'excess' is. Obviously if that happened you'd have a quote. Yet you want to tell me what excess words are.

Not just a hypocrite but an illiterate hypocrite. That's gotta hurt.

Off this board I just typed the word "Pancreaticobiliary". Ist das on der approved Liszt? I get a red line. Guess what-- red lines ain't the boss o' me. Slave.

Last edited:

Hypocricize much?

Uhh... you just got done telling me I need to use your approved word list. And that was after failing to figure out my previous words which said not a thing about telling anyone what 'excess' is. Obviously if that happened you'd have a quote. Yet you want to tell me what excess words are.

It's not my list you fucking moron. it's the English language.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/291693-conservatives-how-much-money-do-you-think-billionaires-are-obligated-to-give-8.html#post7179389

Here's your quote, Shit for Brains
Of course there is. Once you've bought/invested all you could ever need, anything left over is "excess

Who the fuck are you to say what people need?

...to charitable causes?

I am not suggesting that we come up with laws that requires billionaires to give to charity, but I do think billionaires have a responsibility to use part of their fortune to better mankind.

I have a lot of respect for billionaires like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg who plan to give half their fortune to charity after they die. To me, that is the right thing to do.

In your opinion, how much should a billionaire give while they are still alive? Throw out a percentage.

How much money should a person give if they are worth 1 billion? 5 billion?

That is up to each individual. Nobody is obligated to give anything, period.

Uh huh.. :rolleyes:

Cue the soviet flag...

Well.. I guess sales tax is not 'fair' so eliminate it except for the rich fuckers.. I bet the price of milk is not fair either, it should be lower for you than it is for Bill Gates or maybe a billionaire who does not donate as much to where you want

A flat tax is the very same on every dollar earned... and the impact on you is entirely situational and of no concern to anyone.. you could be earning 40K this year and not be effected like Mr. X on th enext street making 40K... You could have paid off all your debts last year, have no kids, etc.. He may have 2 ex wives, 3 children to support, and owes 50K in car loans...

What you want is SUBJECTIVITY rather than equality in treatment.. you want a feel good jab in the name of 'stickittothemanitis'
If I don't respond point-for-point I'm not being rude. Aside from what appears to be a typical Libertarian anti-progressive tax rant I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

...to charitable causes?

I am not suggesting that we come up with laws that requires billionaires to give to charity, but I do think billionaires have a responsibility to use part of their fortune to better mankind.

I have a lot of respect for billionaires like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg who plan to give half their fortune to charity after they die. To me, that is the right thing to do.

In your opinion, how much should a billionaire give while they are still alive? Throw out a percentage.

False premise. You assume there is an obligation. There isn't.

If a billionaire gives away his money and dons sackcloth and ashes, that is admirable. Let's throw the guy a parade. Better yet, let's donate the money we would have spent on a parade to a LGBT charity, amiright?

But you betray a diseased mindset if you believe he is obligated to give away part or all of his money.

Last edited:

It's not my list you fucking moron. it's the English language.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/291693-conservatives-how-much-money-do-you-think-billionaires-are-obligated-to-give-8.html#post7179389

Here's your quote, Shit for Brains
Of course there is. Once you've bought/invested all you could ever need, anything left over is "excess

Who the fuck are you to say what people need?

WHO is doing the 'needing' in that sentence, Einstein?? The owner of the money. He's made his own decision. That's what "you" means: "one"; "a given person". :banghead:

Welcome to our language. Try learning to read it before posting. You might save yourself a lot of embarrassment. Dumbass.

...to charitable causes?

False premise. You assume there is an obligation. There isn't.

If a billionaire gives away his money and dons sackcloth and ashes, that is admirable. Let's throw the guy a parade. Better yet, let's donate the money we would have spent on a parade to a LGBT charity, amiright?

But you betray a diseased mindset if you believe he is obligated to give away part or all of his money.

Yup. That's why I posted about that terminology when I first got here.

Sadly we have those among us who protest outside management of other people's money to what suits the state, yet they want to jump in and change other people's words to what suits their agenda. Word Nazis, but worse, hypocrites.

This dont make sense to me. I am so rich in manufacturing knowledge but their is so much more to learn every day. So your saying their is a limit on how much a guy can try to get if money was his thing?
When the electric company comes to turn off your lights they aren't interested in how much manufacturing knowledge you have. I'm sure you know that. So why present such a specious argument?

It wasn't long ago the average corporate CEO earned about 30 times as much as his lowest paid employee. That ratio has increased typically to more than 300 times, which is one reason why an increasing number of American workers can't afford to pay their electric bills. It is no secret that working class wages have remained stagnant for the past three decades while the wealth accumulation of the upper class has increased dramatically.

Go here: CEO Pay Grew 127 Times Faster Than Worker Pay Over Last 30 Years: Study

The wealth that Reagan promised would "trickle down" is in fact being siphoned up and hoarded by a percentage of the population commonly referred to as the One Percent.

Read the article.

Do you realize how many more people usually get employed by growing a company? Have you ever taken the time to actually see the increase in number of those that make hundreds of thousands and the added millionaires through those decades? Go to the IRS site and pull that info up. The opportunity is there if you are willing to work hard and smart for just about everyone. If you were to expend as much energy towards trying to make it as you do trying to convince others they don't deserve it, just maybe you would become one of those you envy.

If you will research the most basic information available on the effects of the economic deregulations commenced by Ronald Reagan, beginning with the Savings & Loan industry scandal, and how those deregulations have contributed to the dissolution of the hard won middle class in terms of wages, benefits, and employment opportunity, you might be able to understand that everything you've said here is nothing more than right wing propaganda pumped into your brain by the likes of Rush Limbaugh or some other multi-millionaire broadcaster on behalf of the emerging corporatocracy.

You, and others who think like you, are the major component in America's economic problem. You are lemmings headed for a cliff.

Last edited:

Read the article.

If you will research the most basic information available on the effects of the economic deregulations commenced by Ronald Reagan, beginning with the Savings & Loan industry scandal, and how those regulations have contributed to the dissolution of the hard won middle class in terms of wages, benefits, and employment opportunity, you might be able to understand that everything you've said here is nothing more than right wing propaganda pumped into your brain by the likes of Rush Limbaugh or some other multi-millionaire broadcaster on behalf of the emerging corporatocracy.

You, and others who think like you, are the major component in America's economic problem. You are lemmings headed for a cliff.

Oh please, you listen to others tell you it is such rather than track down all the information for yourself through government websites, etc. and analyse it. And if you can't undrstand it just through the raw data, then maybe you could enlighten yourself by taking analysis and statistics classes.
Talk about lemmings, if you really wish to resort to name calling.

Read the article.

If you will research the most basic information available on the effects of the economic deregulations commenced by Ronald Reagan, beginning with the Savings & Loan industry scandal, and how those regulations have contributed to the dissolution of the hard won middle class in terms of wages, benefits, and employment opportunity, you might be able to understand that everything you've said here is nothing more than right wing propaganda pumped into your brain by the likes of Rush Limbaugh or some other multi-millionaire broadcaster on behalf of the emerging corporatocracy.

I'm not going to debate the whole Reagan/savings and loan revisionist spin. That would be pointless. I do want to ask you a question though while adhering to your own logic. If you don't like Ronald Reagan then why would you want to give him more money? You seem to always focus on the flaws of business and the individual but you rarely focus on the flaws of government. The flaws of business can wound a country financially in a worst case scenario. The flaws of the individual can be quarantined by a jail cell. The flaws of a government can destroy everybody though. The flaws of government allowed slavery, segregation, Japanese internment camps and Obamacare. The more money the government has, the more atrocities are committed. History shows this. Not just our country but Stalin's Russia, Adolf's Germany, Pol Pots Cambodia and Kim Kardashians butt (I'm assuming it's subsidized).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back