Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Trump calls for end to NFL tax breaks -- bill already in place!

Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests
Its about time conservatives did something right. I hope this isnt just a show. There is no way billionaire owners should be getting more tax breaks.

You already just said something VERY stupid. :biggrin:

I'm not against the 1st amendment, I just am capable of understanding its limitations. As I've said it has many exceptions. Do you know what they are ? Or do you just jump in here emptyheaded and mouth off.

As for the kneelers, that is no more "peaceful" than someone insulting somebody right to their face. Not at all peaceful. If these dopey kneelers wanted to be "peaceful" they could protest in the street, and not offend the American people's national anthem. Trump was right. Fire the creeps.
Once again this simpleton can’t figure out how to post. Lmao.
So you’re the arbiter where and how people can protest?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
WE ALL are the arbiters of that. That's how our American system works. Back to the 4th grade for you. :rolleyes:

Didn't he say massive tax breaks? Let me be clear though I think the Stadium extortion deals suck ass, but it is a local thing that Dumb ass Donnie has no control over except the small tax breaks the cities get by classifying the Bonds as municipals.
I say you're full of it. The 2 link articles in the OP refute everything you're saying, but keep babbling, if it makes you feel better.

Trump has control by signing the bills, when they reach his desk. Duh!

No they don't. The 7 billion dollar amount in the first article thrown around by Fox, include the local subsidies, from the local tax payer base, not federal taxes. Donnie may want to be a Dictator but he's not. The second only confirms what politifact says about the tax free status of the municipal bonds used to finance the stadiums.

Furthermore, they'd have to reach the Dumb Asses desk first. They'll never get past the Senate. Nor could they be retroactive for the bonds already passed and stadiums already built.
His 34% is perfectly fine with him being a dictator.
There isn’t one sorry thing he’s done that they havent approved of. Not one thing.
Ever notice how all the men around Kim Yong Un always laugh, smile or frown in unison with what Un is doing?
That’s exactly the DEPLORABLES. They don’t have a critical thinking bone in their body.

Did he say it was more than a drop ? Nope. He said America hating millionaires are being subsidized. Time to take away their drop in the bucket.

Didn't he say massive tax breaks? Let me be clear though I think the Stadium extortion deals suck ass, but it is a local thing that Dumb ass Donnie has no control over except the small tax breaks the cities get by classifying the Bonds as municipals.

I don’t have any control over it either. But like the president I can point it out. You think it’s such a small amount then you pay it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
WE ALL are the arbiters of that. That's how our American system works. Back to the 4th grade for you. :rolleyes:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You’re now 0-7 debating me. But I take no pride in beating up a retard like you.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Trump calls for end to NFL tax breaks -- bill already in place!

So they're going to cost big money donors?

And you think this will work out for them?

lol.

There isn’t one sorry thing he’s done that they havent approved of. Not one thing.
Ever notice how all the men around Kim Yong Un always laugh, smile or frown in unison with what Un is doing?
That’s exactly the DEPLORABLES. They don’t have a critical thinking bone in their body.
If only you could get the definitions straight, you might be able to figure out what's going on. Whew! Sorry things ?

And you really believe those 34% polls, huh ? Like the polls in October 2016. LOL.

There are no NFL rules requiring them to stand. The rule states the commissioner "may not "shall".

The NFL does not hate cops. You are just another crazy Trump supporter. The players kneeling are not saying they are anti-cop. They are holding cops accountable. I can look at the facts surrounding allegations of police brutality and come to different conclusions. I can see where the NFL I coming from. If you make 1 exception to the uniform code then everyone will want 1 made. How do you decide which cause is more worthy?

Look at what the cop in Utah did when he arrested and dragged the nurse away because she was following the law. Would that cop have been held accountable if the incident had not been taped? Too many cops look the other way when you have a bad cop.

A real leader would have reached out to the players kneeling and trying to find common ground. However Trump needs a political club to beat over his enemies so he uses the flag and anthem to divide us.
HA HA. The dopes think they're "holding cops accountable", when really, all they're doing is displaying what suckers they are for the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustle campaign.

Nobody is in favor of bad cops getting away crimes of their own. But time after time, case after case (see Post # 72), cops have been falsely accused in order to gin up votes for Democrats, or to appease a majority black electorate, or both.

As for dividing, it's the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustle team who have done that, like never before, and the kneeling football player flunkies who naively follow them.

You apparently do. You want to belittle the players and say their concerns are little. You say you don't but by your attitude you do. You and I don't know enough about these cases to make that conclusion. Coulter is telling you exactly what she wants you to know. She is a partisan hack who is a example of how too much bleach softens the brain. She may or may not be right. I would have to look at all the evidence. Cops are too tolerant of bad cops and that needs to be addressed.

The concerns were PROVEN to not be real, in the courts, where they never should have had to go in the first place.

Rofl, what court case was that? And when did a judge rule that cops never abuse their power and always are punished in the courts?

What's that docket like lol?
What's the matter ? You half asleep ? I just TOLD you what cases - in post # 72. >> "You got a challenge. How about Officer Betty Shelby and Terrence Crutcher ? Or Laquan McDonald ? Or Michael Brown and Darin Wilson ? Or even Walter Scott and officer Michael Slager ?"

PLUS all the cases in the long list from the book Mugged. Got it now ? :rolleyes-41:

Ahahaha, the biased system found themselves to be unbiased? Welp, case closed.

LOL!

If only you could get the definitions straight, you might be able to figure out what's going on. Whew! Sorry things ?

And you really believe those 34% polls, huh ? Like the polls in October 2016. LOL.

Again the national polls mostly got it right. They had Clinton up by a handful of points in the popular vote. She won by 3 points.

The United States is not being invaded. You sound as crazy as he does except you work the opposite side of the street.
The US has been invaded for 70 years. Thankfully, Trump is finally doing something about it. First president to really do so since Eisenhower in 1954 (Operation Wetback)

Currently the invaders (Mexico, China, India top 3) in total have been plundering us for $133 Billion/year (Pew Research center-2016), with $24.3/year going to just Mexico alone (the Vikings would be envious)

The US is not being invaded. The majority of voters support a path to citizenship for illegals. Nobody is being plundered. The United States is the most prosperous nation in the world. You are so clueless.

Again the national polls mostly got it right. They had Clinton up by a handful of points in the popular vote. She won by 3 points.
They had it pitifully wrong. They were having her winning the ELECTORAL vote by a landslide, and in accordance, the dummy Democrats were partying victory, even before half the votes were tallied. Only to watch state after state falling red, like dominos.

As for the popular vote, who cares ? Her illegal alien voters will be gone/deported soon. It's only the AMERICAN popular vote that matters, and Trump won that in a landslide. :biggrin:

No-brainer. Of course there were fine people on both sides. Only programmed, suckered, Trump-bashers think there weren't.
Only racists call nazis and white supremacists “ fine people.”
We’ve never, not even once, had a president that has complemented them.
Your new nickname is Trump’s colon.

Again, you're not the creator or things.
I'm the REPORTER. :biggrin:

So was Himmler.

That is so much bullshit. I have been to football games and when the Anthem is played, most fans are getting their food. These very same people who criticize the players are disrespecting the flag. The fact is that Donald Trump has turned this into a political issue to divide people. The rubes are too blinded by hate to see through it.
the fact you are saying trump made this political says it all. it was political before he got to it.

now he took a big gas whiz on the fire, yes. but he didn't start it.

It was not political. You had a handful of players kneeling and fans made up their own mind. Trump had to divert people's attention and he turned it into a political issue and told his supporters what to think. That is when you looney tune Trump supporters decided you were against the players kneeling.

just because i don't jump on the FUCK TRUMP train doesn't mean i support trump - why you asinine asshats have to keep seeing things your way or "the other way" is beyond me.

it was an issue before trump doubled down. period. it was political. the only thing trump did was bring it to a head faster.

you looney tune trump haters need to stop pinning you don't like on trump.

You are the looney tune. You may not want to admit that you are a Trump supporter but you sound like one. Holding Trump accountable is not fucking Trump. It was a very small issue and everybody made up their mind. Once Trump told his supporters what to say is when it took off.

You looney tune Trump supporters need to quite excusing everything he does.
well good cause to me you're bat shit crazy blinded by hate of a man you've never met, i'll bet. anyone who disagrees with you, you've yet to show comprehension as to WHY they disagree with you so in your limited mental capacity you can only think "not with me, so must be with who i hate or he'd be with me" makes sense to you.

hold him accountable for what he did. poured gas on the fire. but you sit there and want to pretend he not only started this fire, but invented fire just to start it here so he could put gas on it.

You are the one who is mentally limited. The American people see Trump for what he is. The Morning Consult poll gave us a clue what people think of Trump. He is not a leader, untrustworthy, sexist, reckless, liar, dishonest, thin-skinned, uncompassionate and unstable.

Again, you're not the creator or things.
I'm the REPORTER. :biggrin:

So was Himmler.

the fact you are saying trump made this political says it all. it was political before he got to it.

now he took a big gas whiz on the fire, yes. but he didn't start it.

It was not political. You had a handful of players kneeling and fans made up their own mind. Trump had to divert people's attention and he turned it into a political issue and told his supporters what to think. That is when you looney tune Trump supporters decided you were against the players kneeling.

just because i don't jump on the FUCK TRUMP train doesn't mean i support trump - why you asinine asshats have to keep seeing things your way or "the other way" is beyond me.

it was an issue before trump doubled down. period. it was political. the only thing trump did was bring it to a head faster.

you looney tune trump haters need to stop pinning you don't like on trump.

You are the looney tune. You may not want to admit that you are a Trump supporter but you sound like one. Holding Trump accountable is not fucking Trump. It was a very small issue and everybody made up their mind. Once Trump told his supporters what to say is when it took off.

You looney tune Trump supporters need to quite excusing everything he does.
well good cause to me you're bat shit crazy blinded by hate of a man you've never met, i'll bet. anyone who disagrees with you, you've yet to show comprehension as to WHY they disagree with you so in your limited mental capacity you can only think "not with me, so must be with who i hate or he'd be with me" makes sense to you.

hold him accountable for what he did. poured gas on the fire. but you sit there and want to pretend he not only started this fire, but invented fire just to start it here so he could put gas on it.

You are the one who is mentally limited. The American people see Trump for what he is. The Morning Consult poll gave us a clue what people think of Trump. He is not a leader, untrustworthy, sexist, reckless, liar, dishonest, thin-skinned, uncompassionate and unstable.

Strong leader 39% 50%
Trustworthy 33% 53%
Knowledgable 42% 46%
Too liberal 12% 67%
Too conservative 26% 52%
Sexist 50% 35%
Racist 45% 40%
Keeps his promises 34% 50%
Reckless 56% 31%
Honest 35% 51%
Cares about people like me 34% 53%
Thin-skinned 52% 33%
Compassionate 33% 54%
Stable
great. you hate trump and found a new way to show it.

have a nice night.

Forum List

Back