Conservatives mock ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ hashtag

Being popular is important to you?

Being able to think for yourself seems to be a Republican trait.

We don't jump on a cause because everyone else is.

No you guys are better. You do nothing and mock everyone else who is doing something.

The hashtag was started in Nigeria after the govt covered it up and said nothing. Started by two people who had their daughters taken. That hashtag gained in popularity and now the entire world knows about it despite the govt intervention and are sending help from around the world

You're right....Twitter, social networks, etc are useless.

You...sitting there....are doing much more important stuff like...uh...being a bitch

Do you guys ever, ever stop to double check the lies you repeat? It was not started in Nigeria. It was a California woman

Ramaa Mosley Responds to Criticism Over Creation of #BringBackOurGirls Campaign | EURweb

Read the link! The woman in the story is saying she didn't start the tweet. She got it from Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili WHO LIVES IN NIGERIA.

Well, if the guy who said it lives in Africa, then it is PERFECTLY sound American policy to hashtag this travesty instead of -- you know -- doing anything substantive about it.

##

No you guys are better. You do nothing and mock everyone else who is doing something.

The hashtag was started in Nigeria after the govt covered it up and said nothing. Started by two people who had their daughters taken. That hashtag gained in popularity and now the entire world knows about it despite the govt intervention and are sending help from around the world

You...sitting there....are doing much more important stuff like...uh...being a bitch

Do you guys ever, ever stop to double check the lies you repeat? It was not started in Nigeria. It was a California woman

Ramaa Mosley Responds to Criticism Over Creation of #BringBackOurGirls Campaign | EURweb

Read the link! The woman in the story is saying she didn't start the tweet. She got it from Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili WHO LIVES IN NIGERIA.

I love it when some con encouraging reading then owns himself because he didnt read his own link :lol:

You should've been watching the Daily Show and you would know the facts :badgrin:

If Republicans couldnt be mean assholes they would be forced into silence.

They are like Asshole Hipsters. They didnt give a shit before it was popular

I've done more to stop this sort of thing than you or Michelle.

I was sent to Somalia to stop the violence in 93'. I've talked about this religious persecution for years. Only now when the Obama Administration needs a distraction does anyone give a damn. What I see is just another media event that will end up getting our troops killed.

There should be a response, but not boots on the ground. When it comes to unstable governments in Islamic regions nobody can be trusted. They're just waiting for the opportunity to kill Americans.

Last edited:

Read it again

I love it when some con encouraging reading then owns himself because he didnt read his own link :lol:

You should've been watching the Daily Show and you would know the facts :badgrin:

Lol!!!

The Daily Show????

You call amusing satire factual???

The Daily Show is fake news with a liberal slant. Nothing more....

Last edited:
Well, if the guy who said it lives in Africa, then it is PERFECTLY sound American policy to hashtag this travesty instead of -- you know -- doing anything substantive about it.

##

Tweeting is like spam or junk mail. You put out a certain number of messages with the hope of getting a certain percentage of responses. How many tweets of this type do you need to put out to get some media attention on your effort? How many to influence even one person to write to an elected official asking for action or contacting an organization active in the issue? Electronic promotion is basically free. So if you have to send 100 tweets to get one desired response, you need to get 100,000 tweets out to get 1000 people actively involved in the issue.

If there is anything worthy of mockery in the news today, this has to be it.

Talk about a pointless, meaningless, impotent gesture.

If you CARE about these 300 girls, then call your Congressperson and tell them to get U.S. resources involved in resolving the issue.

And don't jump on this bandwagon if you ignore the other killings that go on every day. What makes these girls any more special that the thousands of other victims of these bastards?

Hey dumbfuck. Until this campaign started on Twitter, the situation was being ignored by all. Now many countries, even including China are stepping up to the table to get the children back, and eliminate this guy and his henchmen.

If you CARE about these 300 girls, then call your Congressperson and tell them to get U.S. resources involved in resolving the issue.

And don't jump on this bandwagon if you ignore the other killings that go on every day. What makes these girls any more special that the thousands of other victims of these bastards?

Hey dumbfuck. Until this campaign started on Twitter, the situation was being ignored by all. Now many countries, even including China are stepping up to the table to get the children back, and eliminate this guy and his henchmen.

sure they are dork.

you idiots are so easily impressed over nothing

##

Tweeting is like spam or junk mail. You put out a certain number of messages with the hope of getting a certain percentage of responses. How many tweets of this type do you need to put out to get some media attention on your effort? How many to influence even one person to write to an elected official asking for action or contacting an organization active in the issue? Electronic promotion is basically free. So if you have to send 100 tweets to get one desired response, you need to get 100,000 tweets out to get 1000 people actively involved in the issue.

I am more than certain that the scumbag piece of shit Islamonazis who kidnap young girls by the hundreds are just TERRIFIED of the power of the tweet.

Why, with that kind of thing, people might actually be motivated to

uhm

be "upset" over the actions of terrorists

which are

uhm

designed to instill terror .......

The only reason we are doing anything is because it's popular.

This shit has been going on full blast since before the Arab Spring. Our government has been ignoring it. It wasn't popular......

Now actors are using it to punch their tickets and get movie deals..

Michelle is doing it to keep everyone off of her dictatorship loving husband.....

It is helping to bring about a unifying of nations to go after a specific terrorist organization. It may or may not turn out to be precedent setting.

I've done more to stop this sort of thing than you or Michelle.

I was sent to Somalia to stop the violence in 93'. I've talked about this religious persecution for years. Only now when the Obama Administration needs a distraction does anyone give a damn. What I see is just another media event that will end up getting our troops killed.

There should be a response, but not boots on the ground. When it comes to unstable governments in Islamic regions nobody can be trusted. They're just waiting for the opportunity to kill Americans.

So why not tweet about it again? Because you went to Somalia in 93?

The only reason we are doing anything is because it's popular.

This shit has been going on full blast since before the Arab Spring. Our government has been ignoring it. It wasn't popular......

Now actors are using it to punch their tickets and get movie deals..

Michelle is doing it to keep everyone off of her dictatorship loving husband.....

So, now it is popular. That is what celebrity endorsements are for.

Lol!!!

The Daily Show????

Sure I called it factual and I noticed you failed to point out how it wasnt factual but you did include a lot of question marks...I guess that counts for something

Read it again

Fail. Next time you tell someone to read something before commenting you should read your link before commenting :lol:

Read it again

Fail. Next time you tell someone to read something before commenting you should read your link before commenting :lol:

And also a person should read the link before commenting with a comment regarding not reading a link and making a comment about reading a link after a comment has been previously commented on regarding the aforementioned comment and related link.

Don't you owe me a million bucks? Were you lying about that?

Did you find a reference to "Christians" in that CBC story?

Million bucks is still here on the table. Hurry up and find a Christian in there, or else it all goes to cocaine and hookers. Very expensive ones.

Say it ain't so, Pogo!

I already posted it -- this one. You find anything about "Christians" or "Muslims" in there and I'll send you a million bucks.

Again, you're deflecting. The point was that what I did was chastize Templar Kormac for bringing it into this thread. Do you deny he did that?

Fucking dishonest assholes.

:(

It ain't so. I was joking about the cocaine and hookers.

Well, one of them anyway... :eusa_shifty:

Lol!!!

The Daily Show????

Sure I called it factual and I noticed you failed to point out how it wasnt factual but you did include a lot of question marks...I guess that counts for something

I pointed out why it wasn't factual.

It is classified as fake news with a liberal twist delivered in a satirical manner on "Comedy Central".

Forum List

Back