Conservatives push for end of "no fault" divorce

In some cases that might work. But in most the husband earns more and the wife gives up more. So generally the wife gets the kids and the husband gets access.

Then she needs to get a higher paying job..get out there and dig ditches, work in the indistrial sector. Women can handle these jobs, I’ve seen them do it. A woman working on a construction crew will earn the same amount as the men, we have laws that say that is required. We also have laws that prevent hiring based on sex..so, there’s no excuse there.

So, if she’s earning less, it’s by her own choice.

This is what equality looks like

Now watch people pour in and call me the misogynist for thinking such a thing. Would my suggestion not be equality ?

They imagine a return to a strict patriarchy.
They unfortunately don’t hold women in enough regard to realize the enormous power women now hold and that they will not abide a return to servility. I’m not sure how these men would force everyone else to abide without significant violence.
Yes, some of us do want a return to patriarch and misogyny as the societal norm. We understand quite well the strength in women, and that it lays in the domestic sphere, not the business world.

The power women hold today is solely because certain males (not Men) allowed it to be taken away from them. Ostracism, expulsion from society and violence would all be useful tools in righting society’s wrongs when it comes to women.

Then she needs to get a higher paying job..get out there and dig ditches, work in the indistrial sector. Women can handle these jobs, I’ve seen them do it. A woman working on a construction crew will earn the same amount as the men, we have laws that say that is required. We also have laws that prevent hiring based on sex..so, there’s no excuse there.

So, if she’s earning less, it’s by her own choice.

This is what equality looks like

Now watch people pour in and call me the misogynist for thinking such a thing. Would my suggestion not be equality ?
Well I would say that you seem intent on keeping women in failed relationships.

Yes, some of us do want a return to patriarch and misogyny as the societal norm. We understand quite well the strength in women, and that it lays in the domestic sphere, not the business world.

The power women hold today is solely because certain males (not Men) allowed it to be taken away from them. Ostracism, expulsion from society and violence would all be useful tools in righting society’s wrongs when it comes to women.
And so by default the man can provide higher standard of living. Best interest of the child suggests the father get custody, and she pay child support, and get visitation.

Well I would say that you seem intent on keeping women in failed relationships.
No, I’ve said that I agree that perhaps being stuck in a relationship isn’t good, but there should be SOME conditions.

Then, when I come to a solution that doesn’t always benefit the women, where equality is actually applied, you suggest I’m trying to keep women in failed marriages.

No, I’m saying, if a woman has an issue with commitment and decides to exit the relationship “just because”, then she should shoulder the responsibility.

She is fully capable of doing so, but the man shouldn’t be stuck with the responsibilities for her decision.

Is that not equality ?

Wrong

They cannot

Cheat on your spouse file for divorce and you cannot be held responsible in such states

No fault is not some sort of OPTION
what are you talking about? States have no fault based divorces, and fault based divorce.

where are you getting this idea that states have one or the other? It's wrong.

yes, no fault is an option.

show me the state that says you can only get no-fault divorses.

what are you talking about? States have no fault based divorces, and fault based divorce.

where are you getting this idea that states have one or the other? It's wrong.

yes, no fault is an option.

show me the state that says you can only get no-fault divorses.
No it is not an option it is the rigid standard in states which adopt such laws

You are ignorant

You cannot hold your spouse accountable for infidenlity in no fault states

No it is not an option it is the rigid standard in states which adopt such laws

You are ignorant

You cannot hold your spouse accountable for infidenlity in no fault states
um yeah you can, it's called a fault based divorce.

I am still waiting on you to show me a state that won't allow you to get a fault based divorce....

Just show me one state that says that

Read again and apply it to yourself.
I have been very consistently stating that abuse or intolerable situations lie outside what I am advocating for, yet you apparently thought I didn't even say anything about it. I'm pointing out that you did not read what I wrote or simply ignored it. Which is it?

What responsibility will be shirked by divorcing?
Which commitment diminished?

State mandated adherence to “your commitment”?

Taking responsibility for entering into a “forever relationship if you have issues with commitment

As ive recently posted, if you have commitment issues, then you should be the one to shoulder the expense and responsibility..not the person is upholding their part of the marriage.

um yeah you can, it's called a fault based divorce.

I am still waiting on you to show me a state that won't allow you to get a fault based divorce....

Just show me one state that says that
Um no you cannot in states which adopt no fault

Any states which adopts no fault

Nobody wrote a bill and nothing was voted on. Hysterical (foreign?) lefties need an issue so badly that they claim that "conservative" state lawmakers discussed the issue. Ho hum.

Forum List

Back