Constitutional Conservatives Support Open Borders

Anyone styling himself a constitutional conservative must support open borders. Those who do not are merely statists as the fed.gov has no power to regulate borders.

Not sure where you get the idea the federal government has no power to regulate borders. That's a ridiculous assumption, but your overall point is correct. We need to liberalize our immigration laws, not double down on failed policies and build Soviet German walls.

Anyone styling himself a constitutional conservative must support open borders. Those who do not are merely statists as the fed.gov has no power to regulate borders.

Not sure where you get the idea the federal government has no power to regulate borders. That's a ridiculous assumption, but your overall point is correct. We need to liberalize our immigration laws, not double down on failed policies and build Soviet German walls.
The Constitution nowhere authorizes Congress to regulate who can enter this country. This is obvious.

Nope. They are NOT immigrating. They are "migrating" perhaps... but to "immigrate" is to come in order to live permanently.
Wrong. Even people who come as students or temp workers are subject to immigration laws.

No, they are subject to laws established for guest workers, students and temporary visas. These are NOT immigrants. Go look up the definition of immigration and you'll see that it's meaning is not how you are applying it.
Wrong.
Check 8US Code Para 1101 under defintiions. Anyone coming here from a foreign country who is not a citizen is considered an alien and thus an immigrant and subject to immigration laws.

gonna hold you to the same standard... post the text or you're blowing smoke.
Post what text? The definition? Here.
(15) The term “immigrant” means every alien except an alien who is within one of the following classes of nonimmigrant aliens—
(A)
(i)
an ambassador, public minister, or career diplomatic or consular officer who has been accredited by a foreign government, recognized de jure by the United States and who is accepted by the President or by the Secretary of State, and the members of the alien’s immediate family;
(ii)
upon a basis of reciprocity, other officials and employees who have been accredited by a foreign government recognized de jure by the United States, who are accepted by the Secretary of State, and the members of their immediate families; and
(iii)
upon a basis of reciprocity, attendants, servants, personal employees, and members of their immediate families, of the officials and employees who have a nonimmigrant status under (i) and (ii) above;

Now tell me which part of the Constitution authorizes this law.

Article 1 Section 8 Clause 4.

Incidentally, this specifically says your argument that guest workers, students and tourists visiting are "immigrants" is incorrect. It supports my argument that immigrants are those who come to live permanently.

The Constitution nowhere authorizes Congress to regulate who can enter this country. This is obvious.

And yet they've done it for 200 years. I guess that's just your little secret, huh

Typical for the OP to have zero facts to support his fantasies.
I've done nothing but present facts and those opposing me have never presented a single fact.

Link to names and comments they've made?
Link or lie.
It's right here in this thread. Boss maintains that naturalization is the same as immigration and I'veshown it isnt so.
next.

Not necessarily "the same" but almost. Naturalization is a process of naturalizing those who immigrate. An immigrant can be naturalized but does not have to be naturalized to be an immigrant. An illegal immigrant is still an immigrant.

Wrong. Even people who come as students or temp workers are subject to immigration laws.

No, they are subject to laws established for guest workers, students and temporary visas. These are NOT immigrants. Go look up the definition of immigration and you'll see that it's meaning is not how you are applying it.
Wrong.
Check 8US Code Para 1101 under defintiions. Anyone coming here from a foreign country who is not a citizen is considered an alien and thus an immigrant and subject to immigration laws.

(15) The term “immigrant” means every alien except an alien who is within one of the following classes of nonimmigrant aliens—
(A)
(i)
an ambassador, public minister, or career diplomatic or consular officer who has been accredited by a foreign government, recognized de jure by the United States and who is accepted by the President or by the Secretary of State, and the members of the alien’s immediate family;
(ii)
upon a basis of reciprocity, other officials and employees who have been accredited by a foreign government recognized de jure by the United States, who are accepted by the Secretary of State, and the members of their immediate families; and
(iii)
upon a basis of reciprocity, attendants, servants, personal employees, and members of their immediate families, of the officials and employees who have a nonimmigrant status under (i) and (ii) above;

Incidentally, this specifically says your argument that guest workers, students and tourists visiting are "immigrants" is incorrect. It supports my argument that immigrants are those who come to live permanently.
It says no such thing. It says Congress has power to make rules for naturalization. Naturalization is not immigration. Why is this concept unclear to you
Your argument is bunk. People coming here as students or temporary workers are not coming here to live permanently but they are still subject to immigration laws. Hell, people coming here as tourists are subject to immigration laws.

I've done nothing but present facts and those opposing me have never presented a single fact.

Link or lie.
It's right here in this thread. Boss maintains that naturalization is the same as immigration and I'veshown it isnt so.
next.
Open border means everyone and anyone can walk in and become an American. The thread topic is a fallacy.

Link or lie.
next.

Not necessarily "the same" but almost. Naturalization is a process of naturalizing those who immigrate. An immigrant can be naturalized but does not have to be naturalized to be an immigrant. An illegal immigrant is still an immigrant.
Thank you for proving my point. The Constitution confers powers of setting rules for naturalization but not immigration.

Link or lie.
next.
Open border means everyone and anyone can walk in and become an American. The thread topic is a fallacy.
It means no such thing. Congress can and does set rules for who can become a citizen. But not everyone here is a citizen or even wants to be a citizen.
Your posts here are fallacies.

And yet they've done it for 200 years. I guess that's just your little secret, huh
They have precisely NOT done it for 200 years. Immigration began to be regulated only in the 1870s. Prior to that anyone who wanted to come here came. And somehow we survived.

Link or lie.
next.
It means no such thing. Congress can and does set rules for who can become a citizen. But not everyone here is a citizen or even wants to be a citizen.

Link or lie.
next.
Open border means just what it says. Open as in not closed, filtered, or monitored.

Link or lie.
next.

Link or lie.
next.
Open border means just what it says. Open as in not closed, filtered, or monitored.
Wrong.
Open borders means borders that people can pass over unmolested by fascist guards. Just the same way you can pass from VA to MD. It doesnt mean there is no border between VA and MD.

Link or lie.
next.
Link or lie.
next.
Wrong.
Open borders means borders that people can pass over unmolested by fascist guards. Just the same way you can pass from VA to MD. It doesnt mean there is no border between VA and MD.
Thanks for validating my point. Taliban and ISIS can walk into America anytime and you're happy if it was only so.

next.
next.
Wrong.
Thanks for validating my point. Taliban and ISIS can walk into America anytime and you're happy if it was only so.
What makes you think they can't do that already? And when you get to the point of saying people are going to walk here from Afghanistan and Syria then you've lost this debate.

Wrong.
What makes you think they can't do that already? And when you get to the point of saying people are going to walk here from Afghanistan and Syria then you've lost this debate.
Now the OP claims Islamic terrorists never take planes.
:cuckoo:

Wrong.

(A)
(i)
(ii)
(iii)

It says no such thing. It says Congress has power to make rules for naturalization. Naturalization is not immigration. Why is this concept unclear to you
Your argument is bunk. People coming here as students or temporary workers are not coming here to live permanently but they are still subject to immigration laws. Hell, people coming here as tourists are subject to immigration laws.

Naturalization is how governments handle immigration. Being subject to US laws doesn't make you an immigrant or not an immigrant... we are all subject to US laws.

Wrong.
Now the OP claims Islamic terrorists never take planes.
:cuckoo:
According to you they walk here.

Wrong.

(A)
(i)
(ii)
(iii)

Naturalization is how governments handle immigration. Being subject to US laws doesn't make you an immigrant or not an immigrant... we are all subject to US laws.
Huh? That doesnt make any sense. Coming here from another country makes you an immigrant. That's kind of the definition of the word.

Huh? That doesnt make any sense. Coming here from another country makes you an immigrant. That's kind of the definition of the word.

No... An immigrant is someone who comes here from another country with the intention of staying permanently. Coming here from another country makes you a migrant.

No... An immigrant is someone who comes here from another country with the intention of staying permanently. Coming here from another country makes you a migrant.
If that were the case then students from overseas coming to study in the US would be exempt from immigration laws. They aren't.
Try again.

Forum List

Back