Constitutional Eligibility And Divided Loyalties: Why Ted Cruz Can't Become President

Cruz is eligible.

It is up to the voters to decide whether or not his loyalties are in question.

I agree on Cruz's eligibility, as the US recognizes only citizens at birth and naturalized citizens. There is no third type. Since natural born citizens are clearly not naturalized, that leaves citizens at birth as the only possible category under which 'natural born' could fall.

Though in fairness, for those not born in the US the issue is at least debatable. Take a look at the debates on the eligibility of Mitt Romney's father when he considered a presidential run. The general consensus was that he was eligibile. But the debates appeared legit. They're summarized here:

Romney s birth certificate evokes his father s controversy - Chicago Tribune

Oh I agree that there is a potential real controversy for those not born in the United States.

But there will not be any real controversy- Congress would certify a Cruz election without a single dissent.

Thus showing you are far left and do not care about facts just far left propaganda!

Defining "natural born"

So what is a "natural born" citizen? The Constitution doesn’t specifically say.
In 2008, we reviewed research and polled several legal experts. The consensus was that someone is a "natural born" citizen if they have citizenship at birth and don’t have to go through a naturalization process to become a citizen.

If that’s the definition, then Cruz is a natural born citizen by being born to an American mother and having her citizenship at birth. (This same logic would apply to Obama, even if he were born in another country, which he wasn’t.)

Is Ted Cruz born in Canada eligible to run for president PolitiFact

LOL.....so you are agreeing with me that Cruz and Obama are eligible- you just want to argue about whether there could be any 'real controversy'

Go to bed troll.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
  • Anyone born inside the United States
  • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
  • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
  • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
  • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
  • A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President.

Can the president be born out of the US

Seems the highlighted area makes Ted Cruz eligible to be president,, anyone care to refute this?

I presume that Cruz is eligible- even though I have seen no evidence that his mother was a citizen of the United States when he was born- and agree that anyone born to an American citizen is a natural born citizen.

Obama of course is eligible because he was born in Hawaii.

Cruz is eligible.

It is up to the voters to decide whether or not his loyalties are in question.

I agree on Cruz's eligibility, as the US recognizes only citizens at birth and naturalized citizens. There is no third type. Since natural born citizens are clearly not naturalized, that leaves citizens at birth as the only possible category under which 'natural born' could fall.

Though in fairness, for those not born in the US the issue is at least debatable. Take a look at the debates on the eligibility of Mitt Romney's father when he considered a presidential run. The general consensus was that he was eligibile. But the debates appeared legit. They're summarized here:

Romney s birth certificate evokes his father s controversy - Chicago Tribune

Oh I agree that there is a potential real controversy for those not born in the United States.

But there will not be any real controversy- Congress would certify a Cruz election without a single dissent.

Thus showing you are far left and do not care about facts just far left propaganda!

Defining "natural born"

So what is a "natural born" citizen? The Constitution doesn’t specifically say.
In 2008, we reviewed research and polled several legal experts. The consensus was that someone is a "natural born" citizen if they have citizenship at birth and don’t have to go through a naturalization process to become a citizen.

If that’s the definition, then Cruz is a natural born citizen by being born to an American mother and having her citizenship at birth. (This same logic would apply to Obama, even if he were born in another country, which he wasn’t.)

Is Ted Cruz born in Canada eligible to run for president PolitiFact

LOL.....so you are agreeing with me that Cruz and Obama are eligible- you just want to argue about whether there could be any 'real controversy'

Go to bed troll.

Just point to far left trolls (like you) that there is no debate on the subject unless you are far left drone when Cruz's eligibility come into play..

"But there will not be any real controversy- Congress would certify a Cruz election without a single dissent."

Yes and the far left shows that they are not trolling by posting about things they do not understand!

Good luck with that far left troll!

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
  • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
  • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
  • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
  • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
  • A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President.

Seems the highlighted area makes Ted Cruz eligible to be president,, anyone care to refute this?

I presume that Cruz is eligible- even though I have seen no evidence that his mother was a citizen of the United States when he was born- and agree that anyone born to an American citizen is a natural born citizen.

VERY QUESTIONABLE....

3.+OBAMA+NORDYKE+COMPARISON.png

VERY QUESTIONABLE....

These experts disagree

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 27, 2011
HAWAI‘I HEALTH DEPARTMENT GRANTS PRESIDENT OBAMA’S
REQUEST FOR CERTIFIED COPIES OF
‘LONG FORM’ BIRTH CERTIFICATE
HONOLULU – The Hawai„i State Health Department recently complied with a request by
President Barack Obama for certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth,
which is sometimes referred to in the media as a “long form” birth certificate.
“We hope that issuing certified copies of the original Certificate of Live Birth to
President Obama will end the numerous inquiries related to his birth in Hawai„i,” Hawai„i
Health Director Loretta Fuddy said. “I have seen the original records filed at the
Department of Health and attest to the authenticity of the certified copies the
department provided to the President that further prove the fact that he was born in
Hawai„i.”
On April 22, 2011, President Obama sent a letter to Director Fuddy, requesting two
certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth. Also on that day, Judith Corley,
the President‟s personal attorney, made the same request in writing on behalf of the
President. (Letters from President Obama and Ms. Corley are attached).
On April 25, 2011, pursuant to President Obama‟s request, Director Fuddy personally
witnessed the copying of the original Certificate of Live Birth and attested to the
authenticity

VERY QUESTIONABLE....

These experts disagree

HONOLULU – The Hawai„i State Health Department recently complied with a request by
President Barack Obama for certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth,
“We hope that issuing certified copies of the original Certificate of Live Birth to
President Obama will end the numerous inquiries related to his birth in Hawai„i,” Hawai„i
Health Director Loretta Fuddy said. “I have seen the original records filed at the
department provided to the President that further prove the fact that he was born in
Hawai„i.”
On April 22, 2011, President Obama sent a letter to Director Fuddy, requesting two
certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth. Also on that day, Judith Corley,
the President‟s personal attorney, made the same request in writing on behalf of the
On April 25, 2011, pursuant to President Obama‟s request, Director Fuddy personally
witnessed the copying of the original Certificate of Live Birth and attested to the
authenticity

All Democrats, how convenient!

VERY QUESTIONABLE....

These experts disagree

Hawai„i.”
authenticity

Well since the Director of Health in Hawaii at that time was a Democrat- it was rather inevitable.

Would you prefer to here from Republicans?

Here is the statement by the former Director of Health- a Republican appointed by a Republican:

STATEMENT BY HEALTH DIRECTOR CHIYOME FUKINO, M.D.
“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital
records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama
was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen.
I have nothing further to add to this statement
or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”

VERY QUESTIONABLE....

These experts disagree

Hawai„i.”
authenticity

Well since the Director of Health in Hawaii at that time was a Democrat- it was rather inevitable.

Here is the statement by the former Director of Health- a Republican appointed by a Republican:

“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital
records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama

Then WHY an altered Birth Certificate? And how would he know if that was a legitimate Birth Certificate, did he personally go to the files and pull it, or did someone BRING IT TO HIM to look at?... Ah, those pesky small details that don't fill in!

Then WHY an altered Birth Certificate? And how would he know if that was a legitimate Birth Certificate, did he personally go to the files and pull it, or did someone BRING IT TO HIM to look at?... Ah, those pesky small details that don't fill in!

Wait...did you just ignore the Director of Health of Hawaii Chiyome Fukino on the documents of Hawaii? She's a republican and you STILL ignored her?

Um, wow.

Wait...did you just ignore the Director of Health of Hawaii Chiyome Fukino on the documents of Hawaii? She's a republican and you STILL ignored her?

Um, wow.

Of course, you mean a OPERATIVE for the poser didn't bring the documents to her? She went down to the files all by herself to check on them?.... Even you can't be that stupid, especially after all the underhanded and bullshit scandals that Obola has been involved in, the latest the ObolaCare debacle with Gruber!

Um, wow.

Of course, you mean a OPERATIVE for the poser didn't bring the documents to her? She went down to the files all by herself to check on them?.... Even you can't be that stupid, especially after all the underhanded and bullshit scandals that Obola has been involved in, the latest the ObolaCare debacle with Gruber!

So that's a yes. You're ignoring Republican Director of Department of Health of Hawaii Chiyome Fukino when she's saying, officially and as part of her office, that she's inspected Obama's original records, that he we was born in Hawaii and that he's a natural born citizen.

So, um....why would I ignore the Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii on documents that Hawaii holds and instead believe you? Why would any rational person?

Um, wow.

So that's a yes. You're ignoring Republican Director of Department of Health of Hawaii Chiyome Fukino when she's saying, officially and as part of her office, that she's inspected Obama's original records, that he we was born in Hawaii and that he's a natural born citizen.

So, um....why would I ignore the Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii on documents that Hawaii holds and instead believe you? Why would any rational person?

We KNOW the birth certificate was altered, did that not sink into that empty skull?

Um, wow.

We KNOW the birth certificate was altered, did that not sink into that empty skull?

No, you say it was altered. The Republican Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii says that she's inspected the original records. Have you? Of course not. She says that Obama was born in Hawaii. and is a natural born citizen.

Why would I ignore her, who has inspected the original documents....and instead believe you, who never has? Explain it to me. What do you bring to the table that trumps the Director of Health of Hawaii?

Um, wow.

No, you say it was altered. The Republican Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii says that she's inspected the original records. Have you? Of course not. She says that Obama was born in Hawaii. and is a natural born citizen.

Why would I ignore her, who has inspected the original documents....and instead believe you, who never has? Explain it to me. What do you bring to the table that trumps the Director of Health of Hawaii?

No dummy, forensic experts have gone over it, and it has been altered! You will as a sycophant of the obomanation never believe anything wrong about him, and I, who dislikes him will probably never believe he tells the truth. History has proven me correct!

Um, wow.

No dummy, forensic experts have gone over it, and it has been altered! You will as a sycophant of the obomanation never believe anything wrong about him, and I, who dislikes him will probably never believe he tells the truth. History has proven me correct!

Forensic experts don't say the original document is altered. They've never inspected the original document. Quote the forensics expert who claims that the original document was altered. You'll find you're talking out of your ass.....again.

Republican Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii Chiyome Fukino has personally inspected the original documents and affirmed that Hawaii holds them, that Obama was born in Hawaii, and that he is a natural born citizen of the United States.

And you ignore her......for no particular reason. No rational person ever would

VERY QUESTIONABLE....

These experts disagree

Hawai„i.”
authenticity

Birthers will always find reasons why Barack Obama can't possibly be eligible.

He is the only President to have ever shown voters his birth certificate.
The only President who ever had his birth state officially confirm that he was born there.

President Obama has proven his eligibility to everyone who matters.

Um, wow.

What forensic experts? When did they see the original document?

Um, wow.

Like I said- Birthers have nothing but lies, speculation and innuendo.

The Republican Director of Health of Hawaii confirmed that the birth certiicate was on file and that Barack Obama was born there.
The Democratic Director of Health of Hawaii confirmed that Barack Obama's BC is legitimate and that he was born there.
The non-partisan Registrar of Records has signed the documents confirming Obama's BC.

And what do you have to counter the official declarations? Nothing but speculation and innuendo.

Forum List

Back