Constitutional Right To Peacefully Assemble Latest 'Victim' of Govt COVID-19 Crackdown

1. Do my constitutional rights give me the right to put other people in danger?

I think the courts have consistently said...no.
Whether or not your rights put others "in danger" is irrelevant. There must be an injury/harm, not the risk of harm.

In that case Typhoid Mary had every right to continue working in the food industry.
In this case, all working people in America are Typhoid Mary and must stay home and get evicted and lose their jobs...
Because why? I don't get it. Why?
Perhaps if we had mandated paid sick leave that wouldn’t be necessary...

I am not the one claiming to have answers. How do you balance public safety and individual rights?
Whenever there is any question, you err on the side of freedom.
Why?
You would rather err on the side of oppression? Pls explain where you are coming from on this.

There is no oppression. This is about public safety.

1. Do my constitutional rights give me the right to put other people in danger?

I think the courts have consistently said...no.
Whether or not your rights put others "in danger" is irrelevant. There must be an injury/harm, not the risk of harm.

In that case Typhoid Mary had every right to continue working in the food industry.
In this case, all working people in America are Typhoid Mary and must stay home and get evicted and lose their jobs...
Because why? I don't get it. Why?
Perhaps if we had mandated paid sick leave that wouldn’t be necessary...

I am not the one claiming to have answers. How do you balance public safety and individual rights?
Not intentionally fucking over every working person in America is a good start.
Guess who I will support when the shit hits the fan?

Not the ones denying hard working Americans their jobs, that's for damn sure.
It is a hard call. And if you are arguing jobs and livelihoods I have a lot more sympathy than than I do for those whining about a temporary loss of total freedom. After all, we can still go out, we can still buy necessities. The impact on jobs is much tougher.
The impact on jobs and everybody working is much larger, derp!

You don't care about that waitress/waiter that can't make their rent, and is going to get thrown out into the street, or what?

She/he wanted to work and make her way, but the media and low-level government fucked her/him over.

I say that's bullshit! Hang them all!

Let's hang you instead. What we need to do is get unemployment checks out the door in a timely manner. We need to get the checks out now and do the checks later. Then we have states like Florida where the system was designed to make checks difficult to get out.

What part of STAY THE FUCK AT HOME are you not getting?

What part of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution / of Constitutional Rights ... or others being limited ' suspended are YOU not getting?

Please provide the link to the EXACT, SPECIFIC, CONSTITUTIONAL government document / law that gives local / state / federal governments the authority - based on their own will /choice to do so - to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally-protected Rights.
(-- Based on your inability / refusal to post that link to the law you claim exists giving whistle blowers the protection of 'Anonymity' I am almost positive you will never produce this one either...)

What part of the fact that an individual in his own car sitting in a parking lot listening to a sermon being given by a man using a microphone and speaker does not engage in any of the acts that facilitates the spread of VOVID-19?
- Social Distancing" CHECK (alone in a sealed car)
- At least 6 feet away: CHECK
- In groups of 5 or less: CHECK
- No physical touching: CHECK
- No chance of bodily fluids / droplets spreading; CHECK

What I just described IS SAFER THAN GOING OUT TO WAL MART TO PICK UP A LOAF OF BREAD AND SOME PEANUT BUTTER.

SO WHY DO YOU HATE GOT, THE CONSTITUTION, AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS SO MUCH....WHY DO YOU BLINDLY SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS WITHOUT ASKING THE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROVEN TO BE CURRUPT AS HWLL AND DESPERATE TO ACQUIRE / WIELD MORE POWER TO SHOW YOU THE JUSTIFICATION / BASIS OF THE SEIZURE OF POWER THEY ARE ENGAGED IN?

JUSTASKING THE QIESTION - Please provide the link to the EXACT, SPECIFIC, CONSTITUTIONAL government document / law that gives local / state / federal governments the authority - based on their own will /choice to do so - to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally-protected Rights - I S NOT BLATANT, OPEN ANARCHY! IT IS PART OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S CHECKS AND BALANCES OF THE GOVT, WHICH IS PART OF THEIR DUTY AS CITIZENS.

(A governor just told are porter that when he ordered massive, sweeping, restrictive mandates )spome argued was excessive) he was NOT THINKING OF THE CONSTITUTION / CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Then WTF was he thinking of? 'Public Safety? God bless him, but HIS PERSONAL GOOD INTENTIONS are not enough of a basis to limit / suppress Constitutionally protected rights.......

If you ask a politician what is the basis for his actions and he can't give you an answer, doesn't know you have a SERIOUS problem.

Prove to me YOU know by what legal, Constitutional basis all of this is being done. I'm not a sheep, and I don't blindly follow proven liars / criminals - SHOW ME!

That's ridiculous. The morons who are insisting on their "freedom" are doing so out of hatred for their neighbors. They need to start showing some patriotism and respect for others. There is no such thing as being responsible only for your own safety. The entire field of tort law is based on the concept that the risk posed to others was foreseeable.
That's why we have lawsuits. You have the burden to prove that I infected you.

Yes. I do hate some of the "neighbors" that are commies and authoritarians. I don't want them telling me how to live my live. They are the real disease, not COVID-19.

My mere existence and presence is not and cannot be considered a threat. That is the epitome of oppression. In that sense, I am not responsible for your risk.

BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum.
Assholes also have liberty, unfortunately. Good thing you were protected with a mask and gloves, right? Good thing YOU took responsibility for your own safety, right? You think all those packages have not been exposed? You REALLY think items in a store are pristine?

Did you get sick from this evil white dude? No? You have not been harmed. Quit bitching.

Incidentally, I identified this perp by race, sex, and approximate age due to the current idiotic practice on this board of identifying wrongdoers according to these characteristics so that the misconduct can be properly "credited" to the correct demographic group(s).
How racist/sexist of you.

All I hear from you Constitutional fools is "Me, me, me". There is no concern for your neighbours, your community or your nation, at all. Just how this is affecting you.

You ask why this epidemic can be raging with hundreds of thousands sick, and tens of thousands dying, it's because Trump did nothing for three months and didn't prepare for this, and the virus got loose undetected because you had no tests, and didn't know anyone had it. Because this is a highly contagious virus, with no testing to stop it, spread silently and quickly in places where social distancing is difficult - mass transit, plants and factories, nursing homes, and offices.

By the time you had any tests at all, tens of thousands of peoples were infected, and the disease was out of control.

Bad decisions by an incompetent and unprepared President who is more concerned about the stock market and his re-election than the health and security of the American people.

There are no adults left in this country. Just whiny pathetic big spoiled babies. This temporary lock down was for the public safety and for many, for whatever reason, this is too much of a sacrifice. These puerile adult toddlers try to make it into a constitutional issue when it is all about their half-baked maturity.

These adult "juvenile" delinquents cannot be sent to their rooms or told to stand in the corner.

Rather these whiny ass man children go on message boards or march in front of capital buildings with their toys and have conniptions and fits.

They are a disgrace to the nation.

1587058317871.png

Last edited:
I think most people do not know how horrible the economy will be after the helicopter money ends
their lives will be turned upside down in a worse way than it is now

Somewhere in this mad political scramble for cash the real intent of the stimulus was lost. The initial intent was to pay Americans what they needed not to lose their homes, starve, etc...while paying business so they could stay afloat, keep paying their sidelined workers, and when the economy opened back up all they had to do was go back to work, turn on the lights, unlock the doors, and pick up where we left off....

That was the VOICED intent I heard from several politicians.......that, again, got lost and was never going to happen.

Look at it this way......snowflakes don't get to claim Trump 'inherited a good economy' from Barry now. From here on out what happens to the economy as a result of this disaster is officially on Trump, whether he succeeds or fails. Personally I hope - for the good of the country - it can be turned back on and we start climbing again.

The question I have, though, is....

WHEN THE ECONOMY IS 'TURNED BACK ON', ARE THE DEMOCRATS / SNOWFLAKES GOING TO PULL FOR THE ECONOMY TO REBOUND FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION / AMERIAN PEOPLE....OR ARE THEY GOING TOI PULL FOR MISERY, POVERTY, AND FAILURE IN HOPES TRUMP WILL BE VOTED OUT OF OFFICE?

We absolutely get to claim Trump inherited a good economy. It's a fact.

What part of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution / of Constitutional Rights ... or others being limited ' suspended are YOU not getting?

Please provide the link to the EXACT, SPECIFIC, CONSTITUTIONAL government document / law that gives local / state / federal governments the authority - based on their own will /choice to do so - to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally-protected Rights.
(-- Based on your inability / refusal to post that link to the law you claim exists giving whistle blowers the protection of 'Anonymity' I am almost positive you will never produce this one either...)

What part of the fact that an individual in his own car sitting in a parking lot listening to a sermon being given by a man using a microphone and speaker does not engage in any of the acts that facilitates the spread of VOVID-19?

What I just described IS SAFER THAN GOING OUT TO WAL MART TO PICK UP A LOAF OF BREAD AND SOME PEANUT BUTTER.

SO WHY DO YOU HATE GOT, THE CONSTITUTION, AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS SO MUCH....WHY DO YOU BLINDLY SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS WITHOUT ASKING THE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROVEN TO BE CURRUPT AS HWLL AND DESPERATE TO ACQUIRE / WIELD MORE POWER TO SHOW YOU THE JUSTIFICATION / BASIS OF THE SEIZURE OF POWER THEY ARE ENGAGED IN?

JUSTASKING THE QIESTION - Please provide the link to the EXACT, SPECIFIC, CONSTITUTIONAL government document / law that gives local / state / federal governments the authority - based on their own will /choice to do so - to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally-protected Rights - I S NOT BLATANT, OPEN ANARCHY! IT IS PART OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S CHECKS AND BALANCES OF THE GOVT, WHICH IS PART OF THEIR DUTY AS CITIZENS.

(A governor just told are porter that when he ordered massive, sweeping, restrictive mandates )spome argued was excessive) he was NOT THINKING OF THE CONSTITUTION / CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Then WTF was he thinking of? 'Public Safety? God bless him, but HIS PERSONAL GOOD INTENTIONS are not enough of a basis to limit / suppress Constitutionally protected rights.......

If you ask a politician what is the basis for his actions and he can't give you an answer, doesn't know you have a SERIOUS problem.

Prove to me YOU know by what legal, Constitutional basis all of this is being done. I'm not a sheep, and I don't blindly follow proven liars / criminals - SHOW ME!

YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT TO DO YOU STUPID CLOWN. IN CHINA, THEY SIMPLY SHOT PEOPLE WHO BROKE QUARANTINE. NO ONE IN THE REST OF THE WORLD IS DOING THAT.

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Here's what y'all infectophiles keep missing.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peacefully".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceful" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

I thought about it...and it's stupid.

I did not ignore the word 'peacefully' at all.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.
Nobody is being denied any rights. You people are batshit crazy. To quote, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.
Breathing the same air is not a suicide pact either.

The Constitution does not regulate breathing. We know Republicans are for dirty air.

If you research, and really get into it, every locality and state government now has more allegiance, at least the majority of the bureaucracy, to agenda 2030, than to the Constitution or Constitutional government.

Look at some of the comments in this thread, people openly talking to what amounts to treason. . .

"Is anyone getting tired of this rightwing whine fest about "shut downs" and "constitutional rights"?"

"The public's health takes precedence over the Constitution for now."

. . . and now an agent of the crown chimes in to lecture us on what we need to do. . . .

How interesting that her suggestions align perfectly with Agenda 2030. :45:

It makes you wonder if the founding revolutionaries had been more concerned for their lives than for liberty, if we would have ever had freedom at all. . . .

The founding fathers never encountered something like this. To try and tell us how they would react is ridiculous. You are another right-winger who has lost his mind. As someone stated, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.
Um. . yeah, that was stated in a minority opinion in fact.

If it does not guarantee liberty?

Then no, it is not really worth the paper it is written on, no matter what any judge, politician or journalist ever tells you.

Freedom-is-never-voluntarily-given-by-the-oppressor-it-must-be-demanded-by-the-oppressed.-Martin-Luther-King-Jr..jpg
c5c8d674f1ca01bd8aa05b8888699230.jpg
d54c7d1ffba1f8cb45e0489557aa8297.jpg
dc6f859eebd3389868d16c6fb2a7e267.jpg
quote-liberty-is-the-right-to-choose-freedom-is-the-result-of-the-right-choice-jules-renard-78-21-63.jpg
Thomas-Jefferson-Quotes-18.jpg
V.Lenin-Quotes-2.jpg
FF-main-2.jpg

YOUR OWN LINK'S TITLE specifies "car crashes". Essplain to the class what a crash has to do with an infection.
Besides which, said car would have to be moving or in the vicinity of others moving. I did not stipulate that.

You lose.
For the love of Sasquatch pussy!!!

:banghead:

You cannot be serious.

Is it a risk to drive or ride in a car? Answer that question first.

If someone who is positive rides in my neighbour's car and I get into the car after he drops them off, yes, I can get sick from riding in a car. If the person I am riding with is positive, I can get sick riding in the car with them.

I know all of this sounds extreme, but it's working everywhere where people just hunkered down. We're almost at a place where Canada can re-open. I can get face masks at my local pharmacy and I'm out in the middle of nowhere. We don't even have a ventilator in our county, but we have PPE's and tests, and we're fine.
The point that you and Pogo have completely ignored, is that we accept AT LEAST THE SAME LEVEL of risk of death from car accidents as the risk posed by this virus. Yet, NOBODY is calling for a ban on cars. Nobody is shutting down the highways.

Why is it okay to accept the same level of risk in one case and not the other?

FOR POLITICAL REASONS???

Why, yes. It IS for political reasons. A bad economy caused by a shutdown helps the commies.

YOUR OWN LINK'S TITLE specifies "car crashes". Essplain to the class what a crash has to do with an infection.
Besides which, said car would have to be moving or in the vicinity of others moving. I did not stipulate that.

You lose.

You cannot be serious.

You owe Pogo's Law a nickel. This ride is closed until you pay up.

You lose.

You cannot be serious.

You owe Pogo's Law a nickel. This ride is closed until you pay up.
Shut the fuck up, you witless dumbfuck. You are the dumbest person I know, literally.

You lose.

You cannot be serious.

If someone who is positive rides in my neighbour's car and I get into the car after he drops them off, yes, I can get sick from riding in a car. If the person I am riding with is positive, I can get sick riding in the car with them.

I know all of this sounds extreme, but it's working everywhere where people just hunkered down. We're almost at a place where Canada can re-open. I can get face masks at my local pharmacy and I'm out in the middle of nowhere. We don't even have a ventilator in our county, but we have PPE's and tests, and we're fine.

Fair point. The car idea pre-assumes that everyone is in their own car, i.e. bubble. Once different people start using the same car all bets are off.

YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT TO DO YOU STUPID CLOWN. IN CHINA, THEY SIMPLY SHOT PEOPLE WHO BROKE QUARANTINE. NO ONE IN THE REST OF THE WORLD IS DOING THAT.

As I predicted, YOU CAN'T. Keep following, keep surrendering your rights based on some politiicans claim thathe can suspend / limit your rights any time he wants.......

Is anyone getting tired of this rightwing whine fest about "shut downs" and "constitutional rights"?

The shut down sucks, but the whining (and I'm not talking about job loss, a valid complaint) but the whining about not being able to get together in large groups is pretty shallow.

Quarantine is nothing new. Restricting large gatherings is during an epidemic is nothing new. But this level of whining is.

Anyone over 70 probably remembers quarantine during the polio outbreaks...

“But absolutely, when coronavirus hit, the first thing I thought of were those summers in the 1940s, how you couldn’t go to pools, you couldn’t go to the movies, you just stayed home,” says Gray, who as a child lived in Kansas City. “When I was in high school, a wonderful young man got polio. It was just so terrifying for us.”
If you're sick of my whining you are welcome to pay my bill's and give me the necessary money to keep my business afloat.
Until then you can deal with it.

So you're embracing socialism now are you Gramps?
By force, apparently.

Do you see why we think there's a communist conspiracy afoot?

Forum List

Back