Constitutional Right To Peacefully Assemble Latest 'Victim' of Govt COVID-19 Crackdown

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Here's what y'all infectophiles keep missing.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peacefully".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceful" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

I thought about it...and it's stupid.

I did not ignore the word 'peacefully' at all.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.
Yeah, I am pretty sure Pogo knows what a false equivalency is, he is just being retarded to push a political agenda.

false-equivalence-jesus-and-hitler.jpg

Intellectual sloth. My favourite thing.

Read post 11 and try to refute it.
I don't have to "try."

It was already addressed by Thoreau and James Corbett in Post #3, before you made a fool and a petty tyrant of yourself.

If you had bothered to watch the video, you could have more specifically answered the question HE posed to you at the end of his video now, couldn't ya?

I am beginning to think you aren't an American at all, but an agent of the Crown, this is becoming clear.

I wasn't responding to your post downthread; I responded directly to the OP. Which isn't even yours.

THAT''S KIND OF WHY IT'S QUOTED IN THE POST, isn't it. DAMN, fulla yourself much??

Having now burned eight minutes and fourteen seconds I'll never get back of your hair-on-fire tinfoil conspiracy cry-the-blooze-and-hey-looka-me Chicken Little egomaniac video it's irrelevant to my point.

And it's bullshitting a strawman too --- nobody is "locked in their own homes", so even if it were relevant to the point it would be fallaciously tilted. "Corbett Report", holy shit what an ego.

I give you St. Louis and Philadelphia in the 1918 pandemic. One isolated, one didn't. And the latter paid a hefty price. One had more personal freedoms, and also WAY more dead. Essplain to the class what personal freedoms are enjoyed by the dead.

People die in the name of freedom all the time.

How is that lost on you ?

Actually those Philadelphians died in the name of the Business of War. It was a "patriotism" parade to sell war bonds (and thereby FUND war) that all the health experts advised cancelling specifically for the reason that came to pass, mass infections and massive deaths. In other words gross irresponsibility infected a million people and killed tens of thousands, needlessly.

>> Within 72 hours of the parade, every bed in Philadelphia’s 31 hospitals was filled. In the week ending October 5, some 2,600 people in Philadelphia had died from the flu or its complications. A week later, that number rose to more than 4,500. With many of the city’s health professionals pressed into military service, Philadelphia was unprepared for this deluge of death.​
Attempting to slow the carnage, city leaders essentially closed down Philadelphia. On October 3, officials shuttered most public spaces – including schools, churches, theaters and pool halls. But the calamity was relentless. Understaffed hospitals were crippled. Morgues and undertakers could not keep pace with demand. Grieving families had to bury their own dead. Casket prices skyrocketed. The phrase “bodies stacked like cordwood” became a common refrain. And news reports and rumors soon spread that the Germans –the “Huns” – had unleashed the epidemic. << -- Smithsonian

-- Any of that sound familiar? Want to ask those tens of thousands of victims and their families how "free" they feel?

You mean like this.....

And Jefferson hated Philly because about 20% of the population died every year due to some plauge.

This isn't new.

Because this rationale completely ignores the fact that attendees who acquire it at the gathering will spread it to others who did not attend this gathering.
How will that happen if everyone else is social distancing and taking other precautions?

You are responsible for your own safety ONLY.

That's ridiculous. The morons who are insisting on their "freedom" are doing so out of hatred for their neighbors. They need to start showing some patriotism and respect for others. There is no such thing as being responsible only for your own safety. The entire field of tort law is based on the concept that the risk posed to others was foreseeable.

BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum.

Incidentally, I identified this perp by race, sex, and approximate age due to the current idiotic practice on this board of identifying wrongdoers according to these characteristics so that the misconduct can be properly "credited" to the correct demographic group(s).

Take cars off the road.

Complete red herring. Cars do not infect each other, or us. If we were all in our car-bubbles, literally NOBODY would get infected.

Because this rationale completely ignores the fact that attendees who acquire it at the gathering will spread it to others who did not attend this gathering.
How will that happen if everyone else is social distancing and taking other precautions?

You are responsible for your own safety ONLY.

That's ridiculous. The morons who are insisting on their "freedom" are doing so out of hatred for their neighbors. They need to start showing some patriotism and respect for others. There is no such thing as being responsible only for your own safety. The entire field of tort law is based on the concept that the risk posed to others was foreseeable.

BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum.

Incidentally, I identified this perp by race, sex, and approximate age due to the current idiotic practice on this board of identifying wrongdoers according to these characteristics so that the misconduct can be properly "credited" to the correct demographic group(s).

Take cars off the road.

Complete red herring. Cars do not infect each other, or us. If we were all in our car-bubbles, literally NOBODY would get infected.

You don't want to be infected...don't go out.

What part of that don't you understand.

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceful" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.
Yeah, I am pretty sure Pogo knows what a false equivalency is, he is just being retarded to push a political agenda.

I don't have to "try."

It was already addressed by Thoreau and James Corbett in Post #3, before you made a fool and a petty tyrant of yourself.

If you had bothered to watch the video, you could have more specifically answered the question HE posed to you at the end of his video now, couldn't ya?

I am beginning to think you aren't an American at all, but an agent of the Crown, this is becoming clear.

I wasn't responding to your post downthread; I responded directly to the OP. Which isn't even yours.

THAT''S KIND OF WHY IT'S QUOTED IN THE POST, isn't it. DAMN, fulla yourself much??

Having now burned eight minutes and fourteen seconds I'll never get back of your hair-on-fire tinfoil conspiracy cry-the-blooze-and-hey-looka-me Chicken Little egomaniac video it's irrelevant to my point.

And it's bullshitting a strawman too --- nobody is "locked in their own homes", so even if it were relevant to the point it would be fallaciously tilted. "Corbett Report", holy shit what an ego.

I give you St. Louis and Philadelphia in the 1918 pandemic. One isolated, one didn't. And the latter paid a hefty price. One had more personal freedoms, and also WAY more dead. Essplain to the class what personal freedoms are enjoyed by the dead.

Actually those Philadelphians died in the name of the Business of War. It was a "patriotism" parade to sell war bonds (and thereby FUND war) that all the health experts advised cancelling specifically for the reason that came to pass, mass infections and massive deaths. In other words gross irresponsibility infected a million people and killed tens of thousands, needlessly.

>> Within 72 hours of the parade, every bed in Philadelphia’s 31 hospitals was filled. In the week ending October 5, some 2,600 people in Philadelphia had died from the flu or its complications. A week later, that number rose to more than 4,500. With many of the city’s health professionals pressed into military service, Philadelphia was unprepared for this deluge of death.​
Attempting to slow the carnage, city leaders essentially closed down Philadelphia. On October 3, officials shuttered most public spaces – including schools, churches, theaters and pool halls. But the calamity was relentless. Understaffed hospitals were crippled. Morgues and undertakers could not keep pace with demand. Grieving families had to bury their own dead. Casket prices skyrocketed. The phrase “bodies stacked like cordwood” became a common refrain. And news reports and rumors soon spread that the Germans –the “Huns” – had unleashed the epidemic. << -- Smithsonian

-- Any of that sound familiar? Want to ask those tens of thousands of victims and their families how "free" they feel?

You mean like this.....

And Jefferson hated Philly because about 20% of the population died every year due to some plauge.

This isn't new.

Now you're trying to change the whole subject. NOBODY ANYWHERE said it was "new". We've noted in fact all the smallpox epidemics that Franklin went through (and to which he lost his son). ***NONE*** of that is relevant to the comparison of a REAL CASE HISTORY of two cities that took two different approaches to isolating an infection and the one that was lax in it paid the heavy and inevitable price. And there's nothing you can do about that, so your solution is to shift the time frame to "1793"?? FUCK outta here, dishonest HACK.

Think about it.

I don't have to "try."

You mean like this.....

This isn't new.

Now you're trying to change the whole subject. NOBODY ANYWHERE said it was "new". We've noted in fact all the smallpox epidemics that Franklin went through (and to which he lost his son). ***NONE*** of that is relevant to the comparison of a REAL CASE HISTORY of two cities that took two different approaches to isolating an infection and the one that was lax in it paid the heavy and inevitable price. And there's nothing you can do about that, so your solution is to shift the time frame to "1793"?? FUCK outta here, dishonest HACK.

Sorry asswipe, but you were the one using history to somehow prove some twisted point.

I was simply pointing out that Philly has a history of wiping itself out. Oh....you were not using history.

Think about it.

You don't have the right to do things that threaten other people's right to life and liberty. The United States is fighting a pathogen. One of the ways that you fight a pathogen is through isolation and staying at home. Anyone that violates that is aiding the ENEMY of the country which right now is this pathogen!

Only a complete contrarian sociopath can take the OP position. He cannot be taken seriously. He started a troll thread, exactly the same as that clown who starts threads about "should all Democrats be loaded into a rocket and shot into the sun?". The bizarre thing is that I put up a thread asking why the fuck the stock market is closed on Good Friday and I get shut down for "trolling", while this shit is left here to fester in its profound pigheaded ignorance.

Only a complete contrarian sociopath can take the OP position. He cannot be taken seriously.

Says the guy who invented a fictitious event in an attempt to compare a racist lynching to Americans exercising their constitutional Right to assemble, an event that DID happen...

Bwuhahahahahaha...

Think about it.

I don't have to "try."

You mean like this.....

This isn't new.

Sorry asswipe, but you were the one using history to somehow prove some twisted point.

I was simply pointing out that Philly has a history of wiping itself out. Oh....you were not using history.

You were simplistically trying to change the entire point because you couldn't handle the one presented. So you shifted the entire scene to 1793 and then sat there in stupid wonder that the nation's capital and busiest port would have infections coming in THROUGH that port, like Boston with its smallpox, like New York with its cholera.

But that had nothing to do with what I posted in the first place, DID IT. No, Sprinkles, I posted a comparison of two cities in THE SAME PERIOD IN THE SAME EPIDEMIC as a contrast between how they each handled it. And you couldn't handle being cornered so you tried to change the entire scene to an irrelevant one. The bizarre part is that you thought you'd get away with it, apparently believing others are as dim as you are. FUCK outta here, dishonest hack.

Only a complete contrarian sociopath can take the OP position. He cannot be taken seriously.

Says the guy who invented a fictitious event in an attempt to compare a racist lynching to Americans exercising their constitutional Right to assemble, an event that DID happen...

Bwuhahahahahaha...

Says the assklown who has to invent shit that was never there because he can't handle the point as presented, even a day later. Fuck outta here, dishonest hack. You LOST.

If you research, and really get into it, every locality and state government now has more allegiance, at least the majority of the bureaucracy, to agenda 2030, than to the Constitution or Constitutional government.

Look at some of the comments in this thread, people openly talking to what amounts to treason. . .

"Is anyone getting tired of this rightwing whine fest about "shut downs" and "constitutional rights"?"

"The public's health takes precedence over the Constitution for now."

. . . and now an agent of the crown chimes in to lecture us on what we need to do. . . .

How interesting that her suggestions align perfectly with Agenda 2030. :45:

It makes you wonder if the founding revolutionaries had been more concerned for their lives than for liberty, if we would have ever had freedom at all. . . .

The founding fathers never encountered something like this. To try and tell us how they would react is ridiculous. You are another right-winger who has lost his mind. As someone stated, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.

That's why we have lawsuits. You have the burden to prove that I infected you.

Yes. I do hate some of the "neighbors" that are commies and authoritarians. I don't want them telling me how to live my live. They are the real disease, not COVID-19.

My mere existence and presence is not and cannot be considered a threat. That is the epitome of oppression. In that sense, I am not responsible for your risk.

Assholes also have liberty, unfortunately. Good thing you were protected with a mask and gloves, right? Good thing YOU took responsibility for your own safety, right? You think all those packages have not been exposed? You REALLY think items in a store are pristine?

Did you get sick from this evil white dude? No? You have not been harmed. Quit bitching.

How racist/sexist of you.

To portray a public health crisis as an attack on personal freedom, shows that the religious right has collectively, lost their minds. Personally, if these fools want to get together and spread the virus amongst themselves, by all means. The fewer Trump voters the better.

What a long-winded bullshit diatribe based on - surprise surprise - a false narrative...

No one is attempting to 'portray a public health crisis as an attack on personal freedom'. I am asking for THE official, Constitutional law that gives local / state / federal governments to suspend / limit Constitutional Rights.

You believe it exists - prove it. Provide the link...or are you just blindly going along with it because someone TOLD you it is legal / justified? Are you a gullible sheep or do you KNOW and have the prof?

The simple question is what SPECIFIC legal document declares the Government can issue mandates that suspends Constitutional rights during declared crises.

The suspending and / or limiting of Constitutional Rights must be founded on the basis of existing, legitimate Constitution-supported law - provide it. Provide the link to that specific existing, Constitutional Law.

(Yeah, I know - you can't even post a link to the law you and Schiff claim exists that affords whistle blowers the protection of 'anonymity', so asking you to provide any link that gives local / state / the federal government the right to suspend Constitutional rights based off of loca; / state federal mandates is ridiculous....)
In the end local officials govern at the pleasure of the public

in times of natural disaster they are granted certain dictatorial powers

or at least until the public decides to ignore them

these baby hitlers are getting close to their limit in some places

No they are not. You have a few hotheads who are determined to threaten people. Several polls show that 80% of the people support stopping the virus over restarting the economy.

The founding fathers never encountered something like this. To try and tell us how they would react is ridiculous. You are another right-winger who has lost his mind. As someone stated, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.
Everything we know about the Founding Fathers, from historical data and their own writings, show us they never intended the Constitution to be scrapped because of a serious viral 'flu'.

Local and state offiicials were / are quick to issue mandates that limit / suspend Constitutional Rights while elevating their own authority but were quick to point to the Constitution to rightfully oppose the President's declaration that he alone had the power to 'open back up' states / the economy.

The Constitution is not a 'suicide pact', but it isn't 'a la carte', either.

I am not surprised at your complete inability to understand analogous argument.

Just getting into a car puts you AT LEAST in equal danger as COVID-19.
Car Death Statistics

You don't give a fuck about that risk, apparently.

Another example of the world upside down. They are locking up Christian Pastors who congregate to worship but they are letting (non violent) convicts out of prison.

I am not surprised at your complete inability to understand analogous argument.

Just getting into a car puts you AT LEAST in equal danger as COVID-19.
Car Death Statistics

You don't give a fuck about that risk, apparently.

YOUR OWN LINK'S TITLE specifies "car crashes". Essplain to the class what a crash has to do with an infection.
Besides which, said car would have to be moving or in the vicinity of others moving. I did not stipulate that.

You lose.

You don't get to play that game with me, asshole. I never said anything about the Constitution, you did.

Yes I did. 'Game'? I asked you to provide a link to the direct, specific legal Constitutional law / justification that provides local, state, and / or federal governments the authority to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally protected rights....

It must be the fact that I asked you to provide another link that triggered you into an uncontrollable panic.... :p

But God forbid the American Right doesn't take this opportunity and stand up and scream "Constitutional" at every opportunity - except when your President broke the law and should have been impeached and removed from office. Not one of you defended the Constitution when that happened.

Actually a LOT of us defended the Constitution then as the House Democrats coted to admittedly politically Impeach the US President based on ZERO crime - which they declared they did not need to politically Impeach the President, ZERO evidence - which caused Schiff to author and illegally attempt to present his own fake evidence in his committee hearings, and ZERO witnesses.

The effort was officially cited as 'the fastest rush to Impeach in US history based on the weakest case to Impeach in US history, and was appropriately rejected by the Senate - a result Pelosi herself admitted before proceeding with Impeachment she knew would happen.

I understand your ignorance and confusion about all of this and your inability to provide links, even the ones you swear exists - after all, you are Canadian.

:p

There does not have to be a crime committed for a impeachment. Republicans showed their corruption except for Romney. You were not defending the Constitution. You ignore the fact that Trump has violated the Constitution several times. Just recently he ignored the Constitution by claiming he can tell Governors what they can do.

The case was well-documented and it was clear that Trump pressured Ukraine to open a phony investigation. Pelosi was right to proceed. If the Republicans want to show their corruption then let them do it.

No they are not. You have a few hotheads who are determined to threaten people. Several polls show that 80% of the people support stopping the virus over restarting the economy.

Part of the illusion / misleading narrative is that the option is 'Either - Or', that you can't have the economy running while stopping the virus.

Did the nation 'close shop' during the Swine Flu epidemic? No.

Continuing to keep the economy running while preventing / attempting to stop the spread of COVID-19 is not impossible. It would just take precaution & strict discipline: Wash your hands a LOT, wear gloves, wear masks, sanitize areas (anti-bacterial wipes / sanitizers), continue to practice social distancing as much as possible, avoid large groups etc...

And get rid of the silly BS: National Parks are closed, no hunting / fishing (where I go I rarely see anyone the whole time anyway), no DRIVE-UP church services (You can roll up to the window of a McDonalds to get a Big Mac but can't park in a church parking lot and hear a pastor give a message using a microphone / speaker?)......

There does not have to be a crime committed for a impeachment.
Wrong thread for your TDS-suffering meltdown, lil' snowflake. This thread is about COVID-19, not about the political partisan abuse of power in an admitted political coup attempt to remove a President from power based on zero crime, zero evidence, and zero witnesses.

Feel free to post on one of the MANY other threads discussing that ... or start your own ... but try to stick to the main topic of COVID-19 here.

Forum List

Back