Contact Congressmen About THIS. Now.

I'm sure a fifth-grader would say something like that ... a businessman would say it's better to put out a better product, so less people call in to complain ... I'm not sure just hiring better call center folks corrects the problem of a garbage product ...
NO, now allow a business to explain it to you. You should be seeing your business as ALREADY producing the best product that you can, and if more people are working, there's more disposable income in the community, to buy what you're trying to sell.
Likewise when wages go up. Get it ?

I see you ignored the part of my post showing that it is not just the addition of a $10 an hour employee. If you are calling and need something, you don't need an operator. You need a technician or someone who can schedule something. That is not the operator. The operator merely connects you to the person with the skills to help you. If the employee has those skills, they are not working for $10 an hour.

As Admiral pointed out, the cable companies are slammed right now trying to hold the system together. It was not a gradual growth but an instant increase of massive proportions. You don't just stick some $10 an hour employee in there to fix it. You need trained and capable technicians. And if you hire them now, and in 6 months they are no longer needed?
You don't even know who I've been calling, or whom I'm even particularly talking about. My best guess (which is all you're doing too) is that the big companies and government agencies, with multiple menu recordings and long hold times, CAN afford to hire live operators (not technicians). This especially true of companies who are monopolistic and know you have no choice but to buy their product, and government agencies.

Also, they sometimes make you wait long periods of times as a method of hoping you'll hang up and go away, because they'd rather just not do their job, by assisting you.

I see you ignored the part of my post showing that it is not just the addition of a $10 an hour employee. If you are calling and need something, you don't need an operator. You need a technician or someone who can schedule something. That is not the operator. The operator merely connects you to the person with the skills to help you. If the employee has those skills, they are not working for $10 an hour.

As Admiral pointed out, the cable companies are slammed right now trying to hold the system together. It was not a gradual growth but an instant increase of massive proportions. You don't just stick some $10 an hour employee in there to fix it. You need trained and capable technicians. And if you hire them now, and in 6 months they are no longer needed?
You don't even know who I've been calling, or whom I'm even particularly talking about. My best guess (which is all you're doing too) is that the big companies and government agencies, with multiple menu recordings and long hold times, CAN afford to hire live operators (not technicians). This especially true of companies who are monopolistic and know you have no choice but to buy their product, and government agencies.

Also, they sometimes make you wait long periods of times as a method of hoping you'll hang up and go away, because they'd rather just not do their job, by assisting you.

You REALLY don't know anything about call center businesees, do you?

My explanation works anyway. If your problem can be solved by getting a $10 an hour operator, you should have solved it yourself anyway.

And if they hire more operators, what would that get you? A person to tell you that you have to wait?

Also, the people answering the calls are not the ones making the decision you want made. And those on the phones do not just leave someone on hold because they are lazy. As the Admiral said, you know nothing about how a call center works.

But now that you mention it, what sort of business were you calling?

My explanation works anyway. If your problem can be solved by getting a $10 an hour operator, you should have solved it yourself anyway.

And if they hire more operators, what would that get you? A person to tell you that you have to wait?

Also, the people answering the calls are not the ones making the decision you want made. And those on the phones do not just leave someone on hold because they are lazy. As the Admiral said, you know nothing about how a call center works.

No,it would be the one I want to talk to, about whatever the problem is. You ask weird questions ?

Maybe if you don't mind being on hold for long waits, perhaps even like it, you could call me, and I'll put you on hold for an hour. I don't know why I'm even writing this. Maybe it's just because, as usual, you won't go away.

You REALLY don't know anything about call center businesees, do you?
I'm not interested in their business, except to have them get on the damn phone and talk.

My wife works for a internet service provider. They also have billing, business accounts, video and telephone. Which one are you having problems with? They have a automated prompt to direct you to who you want to talk to. That phone could ring in any number of call centers.

I gave you an example of morons calling because their internet is slow, because they are overloading the bandwidth of their system. Each and every one of those calls must be answered. That is why their system often gets backed up in "queue".

At my office, are you calling about ROTC, Officer Candidate Programs, Army Career Explorer, Special Operations, Chaplain Corps, Army Soldier Dependents (Enlisted) , answering an online question, returning a call, or trying to locate your Army Recruiter. My personnel are trained in specific areas. Asking a Chaplain Recruiting coordinator about Special Operations does not work.

No,it would be the one I want to talk to, about whatever the problem is. You ask weird questions ?

Maybe if you don't mind being on hold for long waits, perhaps even like it, you could call me, and I'll put you on hold for an hour. I don't know why I'm even writing this. Maybe it's just because, as usual, you won't go away.

And they will get you to the person you want to talk to about the problem, as soon as one is available. They are not sitting around drinking coffee and laughing about you being on hold. But there are only so many people who can solve a given problem. And the ones that are talking to them now should not be cut short just because you don't want to be on hold.

I won't spend that much time on hold. If it is more than 10 minutes or so, I hang up and call first thing the next morning. Far less likely to be on hold for long.

And what is weird about asking what sort of business you were calling? It is relevant to the subject and to how long you will be on hold.

Forum List

Back