Cop Chokes Then Body-Slams Man For Recording Arrest With Cellphone

I think the issue is the spirit of this case.

Punishing those who are recording your public actions. To me it feels as if those specific police officers are worried that their actions may be made known and scrutinized. As though they have something to hide. In spite of these few unsavory officers I do support our police force. There should be laws that don't make police officers exempt from being video recorded.

We already have it, Wake. It's called the Constitution.

Recording civil servants doing their job publicly should never be illegal.

I certainly agree with that. Which makes me wonder why did Obama authorize all police to where a camera while on duty but refuse to do away with the law against citizens recording the police? If he is on the side of the citizens of America don't you find that very strange? I do.

Which law against recording police are you referencing? I seem to remember hearing about one being passed, but I only recall it as a small-scale thing, perhaps a city ordinance, not even a state-wide law. Am I incorrect in this?

Yes, according to the articles I have been reading this is nationwide and if they do not have the law on the books they still use it against you as in the case of the black woman who recorded police brutality and they used a taser on her and then demanded she get in her car and move it - when she refused they accused her of using her car to try and run them over. Thank God she had it recorded on her phone. They erased the video on her camera but it was retrieved through cloud technology and later they had to drop the charges against her. This was in a state where recording the police was not against the law!

Wrong is wrong and the police involved should have been fired.

There is a difference between police trying to find a law which can be twisted to include taping them in public, such as wiretapping laws, and a law which specifically forbids someone from recording police performing their duties.

Not to the people who are intimidated into not taping.

The constitution doesn't forbid someone from recording police performing their duties. Not only that .... It comes under heading of liberty and justice for all - not just the police...

It appears that Matthew cannot win for losing! If he speaks up for those who are innocent citizens and falsely accused, he gets attacked. If he speaks up for the police who are falsely accused, he gets attacked. What is going on with this board?

It appears that Matthew cannot win for losing! If he speaks up for those who are innocent citizens and falsely accused, he gets attacked. If he speaks up for the police who are falsely accused, he gets attacked. What is going on with this board?
Matthew is an unaplogetic racist who basis all of his opinons on race. If the suspect was black, he would be all for the police.

In short, Matthew is a racist hypocrit. Seems as if you have allowed him to deceive you.

Interesting that the video doesn't show what happened before the kid was thrown to the ground.

I have not allowed anyone to deceive me, Nutz. I think you two have different points of view and you come to different conclusions due to that fact. Sometimes clashing hard. I hope the New Year will be a time of more mercy and kindness and less judgment. As we are all human beings made in the image of God - we need to consider God does not make junk.

You might consider that in the event of a catastrophe - everything you find so important now - will be the very thing you'll mourn over having wasted so much time over. I only tell you this because I care about you. Have a nice afternoon.

I have not allowed anyone to deceive me, Nutz. I think you two have different points of view and you come to different conclusions due to that fact. Sometimes clashing hard. I hope the New Year will be a time of more mercy and kindness and less judgment. As we are all human beings made in the image of God - we need to consider God does not make junk.

You might consider that in the event of a catastrophe - everything you find so important now - will be the very thing you'll mourn over having wasted so much time over. I only tell you this because I care about you. Have a nice afternoon.
No, Matthew is a racist POS> People like you supporting him only reinforces the stereo type that conservatives and Christians are racist. You are supporting a hate gimp. He is a disgusting human being.

No, Matthew is a racist POS> People like you supporting him only reinforces the stereo type that conservatives and Christians are racist. You are supporting a hate gimp. He is a disgusting human being.

Is your diaper full again?

Matthew is an unaplogetic racist who basis all of his opinons on race. If the suspect was black, he would be all for the police.

In short, Matthew is a racist hypocrit. Seems as if you have allowed him to deceive you.

Is the Tea Party racist?

No, what's a serious issue, is people refusing to obey the orders of an officer of the law, then complaining and whining like pathetic children when they get in trouble for it.

Here's an idea........ crazy thought....... OBEY THE FREAKIN LAW, and you won't get your face bashed in. We have to mean scum sucking piles of human trash that don't respect authority, and they DESERVE EVERY SMASHED FACE THEY GET... period.

martin.jpg

Yes, I agree completely with Martin Luther King Jr, and ironically the person posting his quote, is the poster child for who he was referring to.

You just insulted yourself, and haven't realized it yet. Pretty sad.

There is a difference between police trying to find a law which can be twisted to include taping them in public, such as wiretapping laws, and a law which specifically forbids someone from recording police performing their duties.

That statement does not change whether or not there is a law specifically forbidding the taping of police at the federal level. ;)

Moving the goal posts? I never said anything about a federal law. I said it should never be illegal, and I would add, no one should ever get in any trouble for filming an encounter with the police.

I'm not sure this guy got in trouble just for filming the police. It's more likely that he got in trouble for not "moving along" , basically being a dumbass liberal thinking he doesn't have to listen to an officer's command.

Lonestar. This is why I have to disagree with your conclusion on why he was arrested. He didn't have to "move along". This is America. Not a gestapo state. The police are public servants and have no right to tell the private citizen ( whose taxes pay their check each week mind you) to "move along" when it is quite clear that the private citizen is in the process of recording an arrest in progress. If there was nothing to hide - why the trumped up charges? Why the vitriol? You see?

I fully support the officer in Ferguson and the officers of the NYPD. Without hesitation I say, in neither case did the officers involved do anything wrong. They enforced the law and did not overstep their job descriptions. However! In this matter of videotaping police? I've got a problem. A huge problem. You know why? They have been authorized by the President to videotape Americans. Yet the President does not want us to videotape the police. What is he afraid of? What is the big secret that police officers cannot be videotaped? It's our constitutional right to be able to videotape. In my opinion.

Did you notice how overnight Obama managed to get every police dept on board with wearing camera's on their physical person to videotape ? Do you know how easy it would have been for him to have done the exact same thing in saying I'm enforcing the constitution of the US and telling police departments from here on they will enforce it and protect the rights of citizens to videotape officers during an arrest. Yet Obama didn't do that and he refuses to permit the citizens to have the same rights. Why? Because he is a communist that wants a revolution. Not a resolution. That's why.

Yes as a matter of fact you do. In every single state in the Union, you are obligated to follow the orders of a police officer.

You can back your butt up across the street and keep filming until your dumb phone runs out of power.

But when you are standing a few feet away, and the officer says "MOVE ALONG", that's not an "option" or a "polite request". You are ORDERED to MOVE ALONG. Get your butt out of the officers way.

And when you refuse, and the officer smashes your face in, I"m going to CHEER for him.

And by the way........

This right here, is exactly why countries end up in "gestapo states". Morons like this, refuse to obey the law, there's rape, and murder, and theft, and vandalism, and people being dragged out of their cars and beaten, and the rest of us are getting TIRED OF THIS.

We're sick of your crap. We're tired of "routine murder" now that doesn't even make the news because it's so common. At some point, someone is going to stand up and say vote for me, and I'll end this crime, and the people will be so tired of it, they'll EMBRACE a gestapo state, to end this anarchy in the streets.

We're tried of people just walking into stores stealing stuff, walking down the middle of the road, attacking a police officer, and somehow it's our fault, that scum sucking bit of human debris get's shot and killed.

I am absolutely convinced, 100% convinced, that at some point in the future, possibly near future, America without any doubt in my mind, will end up a police state... and idiotically... it will be the people like you, the very people who claim to oppose the police state, that will be instrumental in it becoming a reality.

We're tired of you people. This is going to end in authoritarianism at some point, and it will be your fault. YOU.

OBEY THE FREAKIN LAW. Solves a ton of problems.

That statement does not change whether or not there is a law specifically forbidding the taping of police at the federal level. ;)

Moving the goal posts? I never said anything about a federal law. I said it should never be illegal, and I would add, no one should ever get in any trouble for filming an encounter with the police.

I'm not sure this guy got in trouble just for filming the police. It's more likely that he got in trouble for not "moving along" , basically being a dumbass liberal thinking he doesn't have to listen to an officer's command.

Lonestar. This is why I have to disagree with your conclusion on why he was arrested. He didn't have to "move along". This is America. Not a gestapo state. The police are public servants and have no right to tell the private citizen ( whose taxes pay their check each week mind you) to "move along" when it is quite clear that the private citizen is in the process of recording an arrest in progress. If there was nothing to hide - why the trumped up charges? Why the vitriol? You see?

I fully support the officer in Ferguson and the officers of the NYPD. Without hesitation I say, in neither case did the officers involved do anything wrong. They enforced the law and did not overstep their job descriptions. However! In this matter of videotaping police? I've got a problem. A huge problem. You know why? They have been authorized by the President to videotape Americans. Yet the President does not want us to videotape the police. What is he afraid of? What is the big secret that police officers cannot be videotaped? It's our constitutional right to be able to videotape. In my opinion.

Did you notice how overnight Obama managed to get every police dept on board with wearing camera's on their physical person to videotape ? Do you know how easy it would have been for him to have done the exact same thing in saying I'm enforcing the constitution of the US and telling police departments from here on they will enforce it and protect the rights of citizens to videotape officers during an arrest. Yet Obama didn't do that and he refuses to permit the citizens to have the same rights. Why? Because he is a communist that wants a revolution. Not a resolution. That's why.

You're a walking contradiction.

Which law against recording police are you referencing? I seem to remember hearing about one being passed, but I only recall it as a small-scale thing, perhaps a city ordinance, not even a state-wide law. Am I incorrect in this?

Yes, according to the articles I have been reading this is nationwide and if they do not have the law on the books they still use it against you as in the case of the black woman who recorded police brutality and they used a taser on her and then demanded she get in her car and move it - when she refused they accused her of using her car to try and run them over. Thank God she had it recorded on her phone. They erased the video on her camera but it was retrieved through cloud technology and later they had to drop the charges against her. This was in a state where recording the police was not against the law!

Wrong is wrong and the police involved should have been fired.

I'm not moving anything. It doesn't take much to see that the posts I was responding to, by Jeremiah, are claiming this is a nationwide issue and somehow the result of something done by Obama. Excuse me if I thought your interjection into that conversation was dealing with the subject matter and not bringing up something different. ;)

No, I didn't, because you see I'm not the dumb ass who actually said if you obey the law you won't have run-ins with the police.

No, I didn't, because you see I'm not the dumb ass who actually said if you obey the law you won't have run-ins with the police.

Why would you disagree with that? Here is something else to ponder......Did you know that if you keep your airplane door closed you won't fall out? It's true.

Forum List

Back