Cop Kills (video)

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
This is a bad one (warning)

A Huntington Beach Police Department spokeswoman said the officer contacted a male individual at the 7-Eleven at 6012 Edinger Ave. and they “got into an altercation.” Then an officer-involved shooting occurred and the male was taken to a hospital, police spokeswoman Officer Angie Bennett said. It’s not clear if the officer is firing live ammunition or nonlethal rounds. When asked about this, Bennett repeatedly responded that the shooting was “an OIS.”

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I wonder what the guy has in his hand. That seemed like an odd reaction to being shot, but I don't have experience with people being shot, so that may just be me. This is definitely an incident in which more information is necessary.

I wonder what the guy has in his hand. That seemed like an odd reaction to being shot, but I don't have experience with people being shot, so that may just be me. This is definitely an incident in which more information is necessary.
Watch the video in the link above your post. He uses his right hand to pull something from the officers belt, presumably his stun gun.

Yes, don't judge too quickly, as stated:

“The big question here is what does this officer know that I don't know,” said Charles “Sid” Heal, a retired L.A. County sheriff's commander and shooting expert. Did the officer hear something from the man or someone else that made that man a real deadly threat to a reasonable officer? “It is almost a panic shooting because of how quickly he shoots.” of the patrolman.

The suspect appears to have taken the officers stun gun during their struggle. You get to see a little more of the video at this link. It looks like a good shoot. They almost always are.

Video shows Huntington Beach officer struggling with suspect before fatal shooting

According to your link, that's just supposition:
Heal said that in a fight, an officer isn’t always aware of what a suspect might snatch from their belt, and that might have escalated the situation. “He could have thought the man grabbed his Taser. That is weapon that can disable an officer.”

If he DID grab the officer's taser, this makes a lot more sense. I thought it looked more like a flashlight, but it's hard to tell.

• Banned
He took a bullet clip off the Cops belt

The suspect appears to have taken the officers stun gun during their struggle. You get to see a little more of the video at this link. It looks like a good shoot. They almost always are.

Video shows Huntington Beach officer struggling with suspect before fatal shooting

According to your link, that's just supposition:
Heal said that in a fight, an officer isn’t always aware of what a suspect might snatch from their belt, and that might have escalated the situation. “He could have thought the man grabbed his Taser. That is weapon that can disable an officer.”

If he DID grab the officer's taser, this makes a lot more sense. I thought it looked more like a flashlight, but it's hard to tell.
If you watch closely, the video slows down when he grabs it. You'll notice that he even nimbly flips the stun gun around so that hes holding it properly. Watch close and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
This is the headline of the LA times?

It should probably be this;

Homeless man commits suicide by police officer

This should be used as a training video to show how it's done.

Too many shots, the guy was disabled by the first couple, the officer just keeps shooting when there is no clear danger.

Disagree. The guy still had a weapon in his hand. You shoot until that's no longer the case.

You may be correct, I'll wait for the review, it appeared to be overkill, but none of us were in the officer's place.

Too many shots, the guy was disabled by the first couple, the officer just keeps shooting when there is no clear danger.
My God, and you idiots get to vote.

You were there? If not, how long before you are able to vote? Capacity hearing coming up? ; )
I saw the video. When the guy fell the shots stopped.
Once the decision to use lethal force is made he is a dead man.
I've seen guys on PCP who could have taken ten rounds in the chest and still come after you.

My God, and you idiots get to vote.

You were there? If not, how long before you are able to vote? Capacity hearing coming up? ; )
I saw the video. When the guy fell the shots stopped.
Once the decision to use lethal force is made he is a dead man.
I've seen guys on PCP who could have taken ten rounds in the chest and still come after you.

I'm going by the 'shooting expert' stated:

“The big question here is what does this officer know that I don't know,” said Charles “Sid” Heal, a retired L.A. County sheriff's commander and shooting expert. Did the officer hear something from the man or someone else that made that man a real deadly threat to a reasonable officer? “It is almost a panic shooting because of how quickly he shoots.” of the patrolman.

By no means was use of a firearm unwarranted; from what I saw, the amount of shooting was remarkable. We will know more when more is released. I have seen drunks brought into County Detention Centers who looked like they were still wanting to fight, they held up my work, and most importantly, created problems for the officers involved.

Forum List

Back