cop pepper sprays motorist that gave him the finger

Straight cops won't have anything to do with bad cops. They do not ride with them. They do not hang out after hours with them.
They will not 'rat' on a bad cop unless it's really serious. BUT the internal review board know who the bad cops are and they find ways of quietly getting rid of them.
All it takes is one straight cop to decline to partner with cop 'X' and the antennae go up at headquarters. No cop is ever ordered to partner with someone they do not want to.
The City DOES NOT want bad cops. They cause way too many problems. Paying out settlement money is only one of the problems.
I do not doubt there are some very small police departments who are run by corrupt cops. These are very very few.
The Police Union knows what's going on everywhere.
I have personal knowledge of a cop who was thinking about applying for a job in a small rural police department. He was dead straight and just wanted to move his family to a quiet town to raise his family.
Before he applied he made a call to someone in the Police Union in the State capital.
He was advised not to apply though he wasn't told why. Two months later the chief of police and four others were charged with a series of crimes. That's how it works in real life.
All you fucking LIB pyjama-boys are too stupid to comprehend the real life facts concerning how police departments function.

Very well stated. You former LE? You speak like you know the reality of it pretty well.
I am and I don't get police department politics. Most cops bend over backward to stay out of it and you'd be surprised to find they are as clueless as to what's going on in Police Plaza as the general public.

By choice.

100% right. I did 8 years. I wanted to stay as far away from the command and headquarters as possible. Lay low and handle my calls. And get home safe. Thats all.

Straight cops won't have anything to do with bad cops. They do not ride with them. They do not hang out after hours with them.

They will not 'rat' on a bad cop unless it's really serious. BUT the internal review board know who the bad cops are and they find ways of quietly getting rid of them.

All it takes is one straight cop to decline to partner with cop 'X' and the antennae go up at headquarters. No cop is ever ordered to partner with someone they do not want to.
The City DOES NOT want bad cops. They cause way too many problems. Paying out settlement money is only one of the problems.
[...]
In view of all that, what do you suppose is the cause of the presently expanding public disapproval and criticism of police in general?

In your opinion, what specific type of behavior makes one a bad cop?

The cause is social media, a news media that sensationalizes everything for ratings, and a simple misunderstanding by the public of how many cops there are vs the number of these outrage videos out there.

In a way its just like the profiling they accuse cops of. Like seeing a few black criminals means the whole black community is like that....they see a few hundred cop shootings and despite it beinga TINY %...they aassociate all 1, 000, 000 cops with it.

I do not doubt there are some very small police departments who are run by corrupt cops. These are very very few.
The Police Union knows what's going on everywhere.
I have personal knowledge of a cop who was thinking about applying for a job in a small rural police department. He was dead straight and just wanted to move his family to a quiet town to raise his family.
Before he applied he made a call to someone in the Police Union in the State capital.
He was advised not to apply though he wasn't told why. Two months later the chief of police and four others were charged with a series of crimes. That's how it works in real life.
All you fucking LIB pyjama-boys are too stupid to comprehend the real life facts concerning how police departments function.

Very well stated. You former LE? You speak like you know the reality of it pretty well.
I'll just say I worked at a job that required me to be armed and ready to shoot to kill bad guys. And a lot of experience in the Justice system.

I'll just say I worked at a job that required me to be armed and ready to shoot to kill bad guys. And a lot of experience in the Justice system.
Were you empowered with police authority, i.e., power to arrest and the duty to enforce laws?

What exactly do you mean by, "bad guys?" Please be specific.

Last edited:
Hope he gets to sue the police state.

But I doubt that even if he succeeds in court action, it will take less than several months or years to go through the court system.

Police rely on a slow and expensive court process, in order to get away with pretty much anything.

The cause is social media, a news media that sensationalizes everything for ratings, and a simple misunderstanding by the public of how many cops there are vs the number of these outrage videos out there.
Applying the same ratio of percentages, whenever a cop is killed in the line of duty it becomes news headlines for days and the parades are impressive -- in spite of the fact that comparatively fewer cops are killed (or injured) in the line of duty than are construction workers, Bering Sea fishermen, and various other occupations that serve the public interest.

The reason for the massive publicity you regard as sensationalism is it involves cops, who obviously are a topic of considerable public interest. When someone kills a cop, it's news. When cops kill someone, it's news. If you have any doubt about the level of public interest in the presence and function of police in the extremely authoritarian American culture, make a list of all the police-oriented tv programs and movies you can think of.

In a way its just like the profiling they accuse cops of. Like seeing a few black criminals means the whole black community is like that....they see a few hundred cop shootings and despite it beinga TINY %...they aassociate all 1, 000, 000 cops with it.
Exactly. Your analogy is right on. If the percentage of decent, productive, law-abiding Black citizens would apply pressure to suppress and control the nigg3ers who provoke the excessive and machismo-driven reciprocal conduct of all-too-many cops, and if the intelligent, well-educated, level-headed, psychologically stable cops who use good judgment in place of excessive authoritarian impulses would prevail on those colleagues who are inclined to excessive force and provocative conduct, we would not be having these problems.

Last edited:

[...]
In view of all that, what do you suppose is the cause of the presently expanding public disapproval and criticism of police in general?

In your opinion, what specific type of behavior makes one a bad cop?
Public perceptions of police have changed a lot over time.

US police have had a big perception problem in the African American community, as police were deployed against protesters in the civil rights movement. This stigma has not ended, and has just been re-enforced over a long period of time.

Police corruption that began with the rise of gangs, and the likes of Al Capone, severely dented public perceptions of police as honorable, trustworthy, and in the integrity of the organization of police throughout America, and nothing has altered this lack of trust.

With 9/11, a lot of agencies went into overdrive, with the rise of the TSA and counter-terrorism powers, some police used excessive authority for minor infractions, be it public protests or in arrest procedures. As a result, the number of complaints against police has increased, and those without money and time to go through the court process fail to hold police to account.

Reality is that no matter if 99% of Cops are honorable, trustworthy, and have integrity in the community, there are always going to be at least 1% of Cops that are exceeding their authority, receiving bribes, and failing to follow the procedures and the laws they are meant to follow.

So it is going to be very difficult for Police to win back respect.

just a comment , police work is not even in the top 10 dangerous jobs last time I looked and over on the 'odmp . com' you can find causes of death of police . You'll find that police have traffic accidents , heart attacks , accidents and get shot same as their taxpaying employers . Loggers , fishermen , roofers and others have more dangerous jobs and make less money plus their taxpayer paid benefits are inferior to police . 'OFFICER DOWN MEMORIAL PAGE . COM' is an interesting site . Just repeating what others have said .

list of the top 10 most dangerous jobs --- Infographic Most dangerous jobs in America TIME.com ---

WOW! So being a roofer or day laborer is MORE DANGEROUS than being a Marine or SEAL or Army grunt???? Wow. Those Wounded Warrior Project commercials are such a scam!!!!

You know why most of those blue collar low education jobs have high deaths? Dumb workers. Most are accidental deaths. Many of those workers are uneducated and irresponsible. Some even show up and work drunk or get high on lunch breaks. Make sloppy mistakes.

Military and police avoid a lot of deaths by using the best tactics and equipment. And wearing vests. MOST cops who get shot dont die. Vests help.

But hey...if my son says he is either gonna be a roofer, day laborer or a Marine....im saying take the SAFE choice...enlist in USMC. Blue collar labor jobs are just too risky.

Blue collar work is very safe, OSHA sees to it. Disregarding safety regulations is how they get hurt, they fail to mention that particular detail.

No excuse for the behavior of that cop. He needs to be fired and charged with assault.
Just as you would be if you pepper sprayed someone that shot you the finger.
This is the type of behavior that is giving cops a bad name.

No excuse for the behavior of that cop. He needs to be fired and charged with assault.
Just as you would be if you pepper sprayed someone that shot you the finger.
This is the type of behavior that is giving cops a bad name.

Actually....SCOTUS ruling Maryland v. Wilson excuses that cop. Cops can make you get out of a car. You cant refuse. If you do...they can use force.

Sorry. You're wrong on this.

I wasn't talking about anyone but POLICE Bucs . Police aren't even in the top 10 of dangerous jobs as far as my links go , no one was talking military and you know that Bucs .

hey Iceweasel , what does OSHA , which sucks by the way have to do with anything . osha has been around since early 70s I think and my most dangerous jobs link is blue collar deaths in 2013 I think .

I wasn't talking about anyone but POLICE Bucs . Police aren't even in the top 10 of dangerous jobs as far as my links go , no one was talking military and you know that Bucs .

But...your top 10 doesnt include a single military job. You dont like my point but you cant ignore it.

So...are you saying that being a roofer or day laborer or fisherman...is MORE DANGEROUS vs being a Marine or SEAL or Army infantry??? Your link says that.

Pismoe has really shed some light on us folks.

If your son or daughter is considering a job as a blue collar worker like roofing or logging or construction. ...tell them no!!! Send them to a SAFER job....like the Army or Marines.

I'm simply posting what the links say Bucs , its you grasping for straws , not me !! Luckily you and OTHERS can reread my link to see what they say .

Forum List

Back