Cop tasers teen standing on his girlfriends porch.

Suspect is reported for suspicious behavior. Cop investigates. The suspicious character ignores a reasonable request by a cop. Cop must stand there all day and get no response.
Reading the story, it appears there was no report of suspicious behavior. I think you invented that line.

We gotta stop calling everyone suspicious. Paranoia is really tearing us apart.
We don't want cops patrolling and looking for criminals?

They should just ignore what they see?

Get the fuck outta here.

Suspect is reported for suspicious behavior. Cop investigates. The suspicious character ignores a reasonable request by a cop. Cop must stand there all day and get no response.
Reading the story, it appears there was no report of suspicious behavior. I think you invented that line.

Get the fuck outta here.
If they see a crime, that’s one thing. If they’re just stopping kids cutting through yards, then they’re not protecting anyone. They’re just harassing people for no reason.

Then how did he know it happened? Why was he there in the first place?
It would appear he was just driving by.
He was just driving by and accused a dude on a porch of running through lawns? Is this the retarded theory your trying to push right now?
No, I believe he saw the kid cut through the lawn, but I don’t see any indication that anyone other than the cop gave two shits about him being there.

Get the fuck outta here.
If they see a crime, that’s one thing. If they’re just stopping kids cutting through yards, then they’re not protecting anyone. They’re just harassing people for no reason.
"harassing people for no reason" lmao you're persistent if fuck-all else. I'll give you that.

Like entering through multiple people's properties without permission is no reason.

No wonder folk in America can think they can just do whatever they like these days.

Get the fuck outta here.
"harassing people for no reason" lmao you're persistent if fuck-all else. I'll give you that.

Like entering through multiple people's properties without permission is no reason.

No wonder folk in America can think they can just do whatever they like these days.
What’s with people and getting all bent out of shape with kids cutting through houses?

Get the fuck outta here.
Except for the FACT that criminal research supports a suspicion that kids cutting through yards with hoodies on, acting like they shouldn't be there have done something illegal.

Do you really think a cop wants to go around wasting time looking for kid on their way to the park?

Get the fuck outta here.

What’s with people and getting all bent out of shape with kids cutting through houses?
See above. It typically indicates illegal behavior like burglary. Furthermore, in a state like Florida, doing so could lead to a lawful shooting by a home owner, so a cop checking it out is attempting to prevent a death.

Except for the FACT that criminal research supports a suspicion that kids cutting through yards with hoodies on, acting like they shouldn't be there have done something illegal.
Awfully subjective the last bit. “Acting like they shouldn’t be there” is so vague it’s meaningless.

Suspicious can mean almost anything.

Get the fuck outta here.

It's not some 5-year kid from next door wandering through to clap next doors dog or ask for a frozen popsicle mate

Get the fuck outta here.

See above. It typically indicates illegal behavior like burglary. Furthermore, in a state like Florida, doing so could lead to a lawful shooting by a home owner, so a cop checking it out is attempting to prevent a death.
What? Preventing death?

Gotcha. He tasered a kid to protect him. That’s not screwed up backwards thinking at all.

Kids cut between our houses all the time. I did as a kid too. “Typically” is bullshit. It doesn’t mean anything of the sort. He wasn’t breaking into anyone’s house. He was going to see his girlfriend.

Get the fuck outta here.

It's not some 5-year kid from next door wandering through to clap next doors dog or ask for a frozen popsicle mate
You sure you don’t want that 5 year old taken down by cops so that they show some respect and be prosecuted for “trespassing”?

There’s a reason it isn’t trespassing because you merely set foot on someone’s property. That would be assanine.

When I was growing up I'd go to my cousins place, we'd go all over the place cutting through yards and no one thought anything of it. I don't see the issue.

Get the fuck outta here.

Oh for the love of god...........You guys are so of shit that your breath stinks...PATROLLING means EXACTLY that patrolling, looking for crimes or suspicious activity. Seriously folks! Do you HONESTLY believe that cops are out there for the sole purpose of "harassing" people!?!?

Not where I live.
Sorry you live in such an oppressed society.

So teaching your kids not to tresspass is being oppressed ?
He cut between two houses. Who put the giant rod up your ass?

Still tresspassing.
Is only robbing one or two banks better than robbing four?
Nope. Not trespassing. You are allowed to walk on open property. It’s only trespassing if you are told to leave and you refuse.

Otherwise you could arrest anyone who knocks on your door, for example.

Go ahead and try that when you're in someone's backyard without permission.

Get the fuck outta here.

Oh for the love of god...........You guys are so of shit that your breath stinks...PATROLLING means EXACTLY that patrolling, looking for crimes or suspicious activity. Seriously folks! Do you HONESTLY believe that cops are out there for the sole purpose of "harassing" people!?!?
No, but I think they wind up harassing a lot of people for no reason. Still not sure what he was doing there. The cop is part of highway patrol. He wasn’t patrolling the neighborhood as that’s not even his jurisdiction.

Forum List

Back