cops force pepper spray down the throats of UC davis students

What rights of yours were stolen?

She was speaking as if she were a student there. Every other student that had a class in the building these protestors were blocking had THEIR rights violated and had every right to expect the campus police to remove the protestors for free access to the building.

From what I saw, they could have walked around them. They seemd to be a one rostrum, or fountain or somesuch. There would be many ways to get to class.

Universities are hot beds of protest - long may they be so..

Your country was founded on one huge fucking protest. You think the British should have done the equivalent to the framers of your constitution and your founding fathers (well, the 18th century equivalent, which would have involved more harsh measures than pepper spray)

I agree the protesters do not have the right to stop others going about their lawful business (if this is indeed what did happen), but protesting in itself is not a bad thing...
According to the report on the incident, that is exactly what happened. They were blocking the pathway.

They were also camping overnight on the campus.

They were told well in advance that they had to stop and that they were breaking campus law.

They did not. So, they got pepper spray.

And, no more camping and no more blocking pathways for the thousands of others at that campus. :thup:

What rights of yours were stolen?
If I were a student at UC Davis, my right to have a campus look like an actual campus without it looking like the underpass in SE DC; my right to have free access to campus buildings at a university I was paying dearly to attend. If I were a professor, my right to the same as the first and my right to go to my office, my lab, and my place of work. If I were an employee there, my right to go to my work and make money that day.

I've seen the pics. Doesn't seem too hard to walk around them to get to class....

Good observation. And Gandhi & Martin Luther King inconvenienced a few back in their times too. I don't think i would have liked to see Gandhi or Martin Luther King get pepper sprayed in the face either.

If I were a student at UC Davis, my right to have a campus look like an actual campus without it looking like the underpass in SE DC; my right to have free access to campus buildings at a university I was paying dearly to attend. If I were a professor, my right to the same as the first and my right to go to my office, my lab, and my place of work. If I were an employee there, my right to go to my work and make money that day.

I've seen the pics. Doesn't seem too hard to walk around them to get to class....

Good observation. And Gandhi & Martin Luther King inconvenienced a few back in their times too. I don't think i would have liked to see Gandhi or Martin Luther King get pepper sprayed in the face.
Most of us outgrew picture books and learned to read.

She was speaking as if she were a student there. Every other student that had a class in the building these protestors were blocking had THEIR rights violated and had every right to expect the campus police to remove the protestors for free access to the building.

From what I saw, they could have walked around them. They seemd to be a one rostrum, or fountain or somesuch. There would be many ways to get to class.

Universities are hot beds of protest - long may they be so..

Your country was founded on one huge fucking protest. You think the British should have done the equivalent to the framers of your constitution and your founding fathers (well, the 18th century equivalent, which would have involved more harsh measures than pepper spray)

I agree the protesters do not have the right to stop others going about their lawful business (if this is indeed what did happen), but protesting in itself is not a bad thing...
According to the report on the incident, that is exactly what happened. They were blocking the pathway.

They were also camping overnight on the campus.

They were told well in advance that they had to stop and that they were breaking campus law.

They did not. So, they got pepper spray.

And, no more camping and no more blocking pathways for the thousands of others at that campus. :thup:

Much ado about nothing IMO. Police over reacted (and this is coming from somebody who used to be one)....

Good observation. And Gandhi & Martin Luther King inconvenienced a few back in their times too. I don't think i would have liked to see Gandhi or Martin Luther King get pepper sprayed in the face.

You sure about that? Do you think it would have been right for your jack-booters to pepper spray them in the face too? After all,they inconvenienced some back in their times too.

You sure about that? Do you think it would have been right for your jack-booters to pepper spray them in the face too? After all,they inconvenienced some back in their times too.

As opposed to them being shot, ya.

And ...

STILL not a scintilla of any evidence of anyone having pepper (or paper) spray shoved down their throat.

As opposed to them being shot, ya.

Not very good choices. But if that's all the jack-booters are offering,then i guess you're right. Shooting someone or pepper spraying them in the face while conducting peaceful protests,are not how we want our Poilice Force treating their fellow Citizens. I suggest re-training our Police Force. Their heavy-handedness is only going to cause more Americans to turn on them.

Yes, I am sure. I can read, too.

And ...

STILL not a scintilla of any evidence of anyone having pepper (or paper) spray shoved down their throat.

But it must have happened.

blu said they had paper spray forced down their throats, and truthmocker agreed with him.

:lol:

By the way, can our local science fans rdope & chris explain how they get paper into spray form????

Lets be decent people. Lets not meet peaceful protests with ignorance & brutality. These Police Officers wronged these Citizens and they should be held accountible. Nothing less will suffice.

Lets be decent people. Lets not meet peaceful protests with ignorance & brutality. These Police Officers wronged these Citizens and they should be held accountible. Nothing less will suffice.

the law abiding of this country do not agree and appreciate the police

The use of pepper spray under the circumstances was perfectly a-ok.

Fuck the shitters.

Move along, tykes.

Fuck the shitters.

Move along, tykes.

Will you feel the same way when a Tea Partier is wronged this way?

Fuck the shitters.

Move along, tykes.

Will you feel the same way when a Tea Partier is wronged this way?

There would be no need to use force on a Tea Partier to compel a Tea Partier to comply with the law.

Our Police are becoming increasingly above the law. They have been given too much power. The average Citizen has less rights than the Police do. But how did that happen? I suspect 911 had a lot to do with it. Your word against a Police Officer's word is almost worthless these days. The Police must always be watched and kept honest. So keep your video equipment handy because you never know when you'll need it.

What's amusing about that statement, Paul is that the police are actually filming their arrests and their use of pepper spray so that they can refute claims by the OWS protesters that "brutality" took place.

You think 911 has something to do with police brutality? Wow...that's quite the stretch. Careful, you're entering tin foil hat territory with that kind of nonsense.

Forum List

Back