Cops ignoring crime to avoid the hassle; Arrests plummet; Violent crime soars.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
For Chicago cops on the street, more scrutiny brings lower morale, fewer stops

This is a thread about a complex issue. Police actually engaging criminals and....as Hillary calls them..."super predators" in our streets. As many police say...there is a mood of resisting and assaulting police that seems to be creeping into society and one party is openly supporting the movement. And some say it's untrue because they'll say cop deaths are down from 30 years ago. Vests becoming standard issue, improved tactics and trauma care are the reason for that.

But so is simple disengagement. Fewer cops pushing the pace against violent thugs. They atmosphere of aggression on cops is there...but the stats may end up going down for reasons Iike my link. Cops just saying fuck it.

The link describes a Chicago gang officer who stops a car...smells weed from inside the gang members car...driver aggressively talking shit. And the cop says fuck it...ignores it...let's him go. Meanwhile....Chicago's murder rate is soaring. So it's a tough topic to measure. Are assaults on cops up or down?? How do we know what's accurate since cops control how often they are actually in a position to be assaulted??

Chicago arrests are down about 50%....while murders are soaring in the city's bad neighborhoods. But much of the stand down by the officers is caused by the aggression they meet when they try to work. From the thugs and from the media/politicians looking to exploit a cause for ratings or votes. So as the culture of aggression worsens....the cops limit their interactions and the stats of cops being assaulted may actually go down.

Skykar challenged me to "prove aggression on cops is up". I agreed but warned it's a long thread. This is a start.

I also asked him to acknowledge that statistically the #BlackLivesMatter is full of shit. That we have proven that statistically the odds a black individual is killed unlawfully by a cop are so ridiculously tiny that it's not even worth discussion. He didnt.

If they're not doing their jobs let them go. Save the taxpayers a little money.

Cant. Unions, yay!! Free money!
Cops get fired all the time.

Yes for acts of commission but rarely omission (not working). Cops rarely get fired for a slow down.
Oh then I guess this reputation is earned

3c19957b09f7f0ece0513faba1a42c7e.jpg

Cops get fired all the time.

Yes for acts of commission but rarely omission (not working). Cops rarely get fired for a slow down.
Oh then I guess this reputation is earned

3c19957b09f7f0ece0513faba1a42c7e.jpg

What that of 1,000,000 cops some are fat and lazy? Yeah. They're Americans like you. And many Americans are fat and lazy.

So...because of unions, cops get free money?

Yes. Unions have always ensured people get money for doing less work. And no...it's not a good thing.

Oh.....and THANK YOU for letting me use your selfie as my avatar.
It's pretty cool that you think that's me. But I'm not that young....and I don't really get into all that selfie stuff anyways. So...tell us more about how unions ensure people get money for less work.

The focus seems to be on a decrease in "stops" as being the crucial criterion for rising crime rates.
Ok, I guess the Constitution got in the way there. But, that aside, I don't necessarily see arbitrary "stops" as a big factor in crime prevention. That false connection doesn't help to explain why crime rate fluctuations have been generally coincided with downturns of the economy..not police harassment of people on the streets.

The focus seems to be on a decrease in "stops" as being the crucial criterion for rising crime rates.
Ok, I guess the Constitution got in the way there. But, that aside, I don't necessarily see arbitrary "stops" as a big factor in crime prevention. That false connection doesn't help to explain why crime rate fluctuations have been generally coincided with downturns of the economy..not police harassment of people on the streets.

Fair point. And yes...economic downturns have always had increases in crime. But property crime is usually what that is. People stealing to get by.

But in nearly every city....a year long slow down sees an increase in violent crime.

So...because of unions, cops get free money?

Yes. Unions have always ensured people get money for doing less work. And no...it's not a good thing.

Oh.....and THANK YOU for letting me use your selfie as my avatar.
It's pretty cool that you think that's me. But I'm not that young....and I don't really get into all that selfie stuff anyways. So...tell us more about how unions ensure people get money for less work.

Yeah sorry. That chick is probably about a 4. You're more of a 3. 3.5 maybe because of the lesbo thing.

But yes...Unions have ways protected shitty workers. That's well known.

For Chicago cops on the street, more scrutiny brings lower morale, fewer stops

This is a thread about a complex issue. Police actually engaging criminals and....as Hillary calls them..."super predators" in our streets. As many police say...there is a mood of resisting and assaulting police that seems to be creeping into society and one party is openly supporting the movement. And some say it's untrue because they'll say cop deaths are down from 30 years ago. Vests becoming standard issue, improved tactics and trauma care are the reason for that.

But so is simple disengagement. Fewer cops pushing the pace against violent thugs. They atmosphere of aggression on cops is there...but the stats may end up going down for reasons Iike my link. Cops just saying fuck it.

The link describes a Chicago gang officer who stops a car...smells weed from inside the gang members car...driver aggressively talking shit. And the cop says fuck it...ignores it...let's him go. Meanwhile....Chicago's murder rate is soaring. So it's a tough topic to measure. Are assaults on cops up or down?? How do we know what's accurate since cops control how often they are actually in a position to be assaulted??

Chicago arrests are down about 50%....while murders are soaring in the city's bad neighborhoods. But much of the stand down by the officers is caused by the aggression they meet when they try to work. From the thugs and from the media/politicians looking to exploit a cause for ratings or votes. So as the culture of aggression worsens....the cops limit their interactions and the stats of cops being assaulted may actually go down.

Skykar challenged me to "prove aggression on cops is up". I agreed but warned it's a long thread. This is a start.

I also asked him to acknowledge that statistically the #BlackLivesMatter is full of shit. That we have proven that statistically the odds a black individual is killed unlawfully by a cop are so ridiculously tiny that it's not even worth discussion. He didnt.
This is a good thing. Now we get the cops that are too lazy to do their jobs and fire them. We then hire cops that can be professionals and do their jobs without being racists.

Forum List

Back