cops shoot wrong person/nightmare

your link is duly noted :laugh:
you've provided 0 evidence/links/etc
...forget it --it's over..case closed----the jury is in bewilderment on why you don't have any proof

I don't provide links to people who can't read...

Shooting a kid 8 times for shoplifting and jaywalking seems a bit much to any sensible person.

You should move into the projects and get you some culture.

At least move into one of the surrounding houses in the area.

Dude, I lived in an economically distressed area for quite a while, thanks. Bought a fixer-upper as my first home and turned it around quite nicely. And most of my non-white neighbors were decent folks just trying to get by.

Leftist shill tactic #1: Lie to gain credibility.

"I'm a <blank blank> but..<insert leftist talking point here>.

Kinda like that Golfing Gator dude. Lying your ass off.

C'mon shill, I got a meme coming up for you in a minute. Most Americans have your number, dude.

RPR3RNe.jpg

Yet another reason guns are the answer to everything.

The homeowner defended his grandson, then was killed by incompetent cops. The very people who you claim are the only ones who should have guns. Looks like you're a idiot.

Since I've said absolutely zero about "who should have guns", look in the mirror, idiot.

You are so full of it Joby, that it ain't funny. Good grief.

The days when cops can shoot innocent black folks is coming to an end. Deal with it..
that ended decades ago
they haven't shot many innocent blacks in a loooooong time
most of the blacks shot are NOT innocent
Mbrown
Kscott
ASterling
ASmith
etc---NOT innocent --not even close to being innocent

Boy am I glad that hasn’t happened in a long time.

The days when cops can shoot innocent black folks is coming to an end. Deal with it..
that ended decades ago
Mbrown
Kscott
ASterling
ASmith

Not the norm though, so hopefully these cherry picked events shown in these videos don't taint the entire force because it ain't right to look at the entire force in such a way.

humans can be so screwed up
A naked, unidentified man, who is believed to have come from a nearby house party, broke into the Montview Boulevard home
Black and the boy’s father tried to pull the attacker off the boy, even smashing a vase over his head,
looks like a bad shoot
Homeowner killed by police had shot naked home intruder trying to drown his grandson in a bathtub | Daily Mail Online
Report say the cop never even entered the home... Just went cowboy and started unloading, through presumably a window or door... grossly negligent. And 1rst degree manslaughter at the very least.
When will this country go back to hiring properly our law enforcement officers in this country ??? It appears we have some major problems with the hiring practices going on in our law enforcement. Bullies and chicken chit nerds don't need to be cops, but it seems the nation is loaded down with these types these days. Am I right in my observation of the problems maybe ??

My 74 year old mom was bullied by an officer over not wearing her seat belt... Real idiocy going on these days folks, but whatta ya gonna do right ???? Good Grief.

Perhaps part of the problem is that times have changed.

Knowing that he or she may well be disparaged, disrespected, lied about, attacked and maybe even shot... well that's got to have a negative impact on the number and even qualities of applicants to begin with.

There is a problem. More than one. And we better start working on a solution pretty damn quick.

that ended decades ago
Mbrown
Kscott
ASterling
ASmith

Not the norm though, so hopefully these cherry picked events shown in these videos don't taint the entire force because it ain't right to look at the entire force in such a way.

Look up the case of John Geer. The only reason the cop in that one was charged was that the Lawsuit got the evidence through Discovery, and walked it to the District Attorney. The DA could not get the information because the department was still investigating after two years. Geer was shot in his doorway, with his hands up. Two years the entire department sat on it, and did everything possible to insure that the cop was not charged with littering, much less murdering Geer. Two years. Where were the good cops at? The ones who hate a bad cop?

Half of the people shot by police tend to be unarmed. About one in ten tend to be armed with a gun. The rest are armed with a knife, or other “deadly weapon”.

Those weren’t cherry picked the way that phrase tends to communicate. Those were readily available, and obviously disproved the assertion by Harmonica. Harmonica, who has never seen or heard of a shooting of a black man that he dissaproved of, is up in arms because a White Guy was killed in his own home. My standards for what would be a justified shooting are pretty simple. If the baddie has a gun in his hand, I’m not going to complain. I’m just not going to complain about it. On the other hand, if the victim is unarmed, you’re going to have a hell of a hard time convincing me it was justified. For Harmonica, the only qualification is skin color. White folks ain’t supposed to be shot like the Blacks are.

that ended decades ago
Mbrown
Kscott
ASterling
ASmith

Look up the case of John Geer. The only reason the cop in that one was charged was that the Lawsuit got the evidence through Discovery, and walked it to the District Attorney. The DA could not get the information because the department was still investigating after two years. Geer was shot in his doorway, with his hands up. Two years the entire department sat on it, and did everything possible to insure that the cop was not charged with littering, much less murdering Geer. Two years. Where were the good cops at? The ones who hate a bad cop?

Half of the people shot by police tend to be unarmed. About one in ten tend to be armed with a gun. The rest are armed with a knife, or other “deadly weapon”.

Those weren’t cherry picked the way that phrase tends to communicate. Those were readily available, and obviously disproved the assertion by Harmonica. Harmonica, who has never seen or heard of a shooting of a black man that he dissaproved of, is up in arms because a White Guy was killed in his own home. My standards for what would be a justified shooting are pretty simple. If the baddie has a gun in his hand, I’m not going to complain. I’m just not going to complain about it. On the other hand, if the victim is unarmed, you’re going to have a hell of a hard time convincing me it was justified. For Harmonica, the only qualification is skin color. White folks ain’t supposed to be shot like the Blacks are.

Corruption is a powerful thing (way more powerful than anti-corruption is these days), so good people try not to challenge the corruption if it becomes institutionalized in so many regards.

Sad but true as many become powerless in their efforts to buck the corrupt system if it becomes corrupted at to high a level, and at to broad a level.

Video and audio from smart phones has been changing alot of that now, and for the cops it is the body cam's etc that is helping them to suceed in their war against crime today. Hopefully things are getting better as the fields are being levelled.

Live P.D. is a great show, and it has been a great tool for the public to see just what has been going on out there. Good stuff.

No, what taints the entire force is their tolerance for the bad behavior.

Let's take the LaQuan McDonald Case. Thug cop with 20 complaints of excessive force prior to that. One of them, he dislocated a supsect's shoulder, and the city had to pay out half a million.

Well, he shoots this kid 16 times. Most of them when he was on the ground. The other four officers there file outright false reports and then go around looking for videotape on adjoining buildings to make sure that gets deleted. But they missed one tape on one of their cruisers.

The city quietly paid the family 3 million. After the video comes out, they finally fire this guy after a year on desk duty. The FOP gives the guy a job at their union hall where he pretends to fix things. They also foot all his legal bills. It's been four years since the shooting, and maybe, maybe the trial will finally get started next month.

Now, really, 99% of cops are good guys. In fact, a review of the Chicago PD after this incident found that out of 14,000 CPD officers, only 143 were involved in 50% of the incidents involving civilian complaints. But the fact the city, the CPD and the FOP were willing to protect this guy who was so obviously in the wrong is really part of the problem.

that ended decades ago
Mbrown
Kscott
ASterling
ASmith

I've noticed a very high number of bad shootings in New Mexico, and I think Arizona, too.

that ended decades ago
Mbrown
Kscott
ASterling
ASmith

Corruption is a powerful thing (way more powerful than anti-corruption is these days), so good people try not to challenge the corruption if it becomes institutionalized in so many regards.

Sad but true as many become powerless in their efforts to buck the corrupt system if it becomes corrupted at to high a level, and at to broad a level.

Video and audio from smart phones has been changing alot of that now, and for the cops it is the body cam's etc that is helping them to suceed in their war against crime today. Hopefully things are getting better as the fields are being levelled.

Live P.D. is a great show, and it has been a great tool for the public to see just what has been going on out there. Good stuff.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. I could say more about the “good” cops who just accept the bad as the reality they live in but do I need to? I mean, how many “Good” cops can there be if they go along? Wouldn’t the “bad” cops be terrified that the supposed vast majority of “good” cops might find out they are “bad”?

As for cameras ending the abuses, not so much. Many people, myself included, were heartened after the Rialto study, the one where the presence of a camera reduced use of force incidents by 59%. Body-worn camera study by Executive Fellow Chief Tony Farrar is published in scientific journal | Police Foundation

Yet after the implications of that were considered, there was another study in Washington D.C. That study showed no difference. The use of force incidents were basically the same with and without the camera.

So what was the difference? Well in Rialto the study was played off as the public was afraid of the camera, and behaved better. Yeah, um. No.

What happened is that the cops in question used more deescalation techniques and less of the Gangster mentality crap. They acted less like Cartman from South Park, Respect My Authoritah! They were able to manage the situations without resorting to violence.

This of course could not stand. So the Washington study was vital. There the cops were told not to worry about what the camera showed, nobody was going to be held accountable. So the rate of violence, and complaints was about the same. More of the Respect my Authoritah!

The same is true of Cops, as the officers on camera make sure they are doing it right. That tells us all they know how, but they don’t bother when the bad cops come to light. That demolishes the argument that the cops are not trained well enough. They’re trained well enough to know how to do it right, they just don’t do it.

Watch those videos, not just the ones I posted, the ones all over. When a cop is on a camera he knows about, it’s Sir, Ma’am, and all of that. When a cop isn’t on a known camera, it is pal, buddy, or worse names. The police argue they have to control the situation. If you have to use violence does it really hurt to call the man sir?

Winston Churchill wrote the Japanese a proper declaration of war after December 7th. In it, he was respectful, polite, and used all the proper language ending with the usual. “I remain your dedicated servant.” Many people were angry that Churchill wrote the declaration in a polite manner instead of an insulting one. Winston said. “If you have to kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite to him.”

What do the cops gain by calling people names? What does the cop out of calling a guy a Motherfucker? Wouldn’t the cop get outraged if I disrespected him in such a way? It’s a bullshit example of power. The cop has the power to do it, and no one can stop him.

humans can be so screwed up
A naked, unidentified man, who is believed to have come from a nearby house party, broke into the Montview Boulevard home
Black and the boy’s father tried to pull the attacker off the boy, even smashing a vase over his head,
looks like a bad shoot
Homeowner killed by police had shot naked home intruder trying to drown his grandson in a bathtub | Daily Mail Online

As a guess, this victim was white.
yes

Explains why you think it is a bad shoot. If the victim had been black you would be on here cheering the cops and screaming they didn’t have a choice. If they had hesitated one second they would have died.
Yes he would. It's clear he believes black people should die.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

This is why more people need guns. To protect themselves from stupid cops.

When only cops have guns they have all the power.

again, the US cops shoot 1200 people a year, and in the UK, they shoot less than 10 a year.

In Japan, it's considered a scandal when cops even take their guns out of their holsters.
defending yourself or the community is wrong?????!!!!!!!

again, the US cops shoot 1200 people a year, and in the UK, they shoot less than 10 a year.

In Japan, it's considered a scandal when cops even take their guns out of their holsters.
that doesn't prove the cops are wrong to shoot

No, what taints the entire force is their tolerance for the bad behavior.

Let's take the LaQuan McDonald Case. Thug cop with 20 complaints of excessive force prior to that. One of them, he dislocated a supsect's shoulder, and the city had to pay out half a million.

Well, he shoots this kid 16 times. Most of them when he was on the ground. The other four officers there file outright false reports and then go around looking for videotape on adjoining buildings to make sure that gets deleted. But they missed one tape on one of their cruisers.

The city quietly paid the family 3 million. After the video comes out, they finally fire this guy after a year on desk duty. The FOP gives the guy a job at their union hall where he pretends to fix things. They also foot all his legal bills. It's been four years since the shooting, and maybe, maybe the trial will finally get started next month.

Now, really, 99% of cops are good guys. In fact, a review of the Chicago PD after this incident found that out of 14,000 CPD officers, only 143 were involved in 50% of the incidents involving civilian complaints. But the fact the city, the CPD and the FOP were willing to protect this guy who was so obviously in the wrong is really part of the problem.
And as you prove in this post in respect to my post on the matter, there is a small number of problem cops in concerns of the entire force. You will have to prove a wide conspiracy cover up where the force believes a dirty cop in a situation over the evidence found or presented in a situation.

I know there are cases in which weird crap happens on all the time, but to suggest that an entire officer core is somehow complicit in a corrupt manor is ludicrous right ??

Yes there are things hidden by individuals within, and then those things are passed around as if they are legit in order to protect a friend, family member or reputation of a division, precinct or small department if involved, but in such cases internal investigations must be enacted, and they must prevail always.

The things like you say in which are very frustrating, and you illustrate here, is when corruption gets way to much of an enrow into our systems, it then takes an act of Congress or if real bad an act of God to get it back out.

Forum List

Back