Copycat Walmart Shooter Stopped by Man with a Gun

Just happened to be an off duty fireman who saved who knows how many lives.

Off-duty firefighter stops man armed with 100 rounds of ammunition at south Springfield Walmart
Depending on state law I saw no reason why he should have been detained by police. He went and got a shopping cart to shop. In my state it's not illegal to open carry an AR nor is it illegal to wear armor.
OM friggin G! People, can you believe this shit? "He went and got a shopping cart?" :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:And that's it people. When you see the guy walking through the parking lot with an automatic weapon and bullet proof vest we have to wait to see what happens when he comes in. Does he grab a shopping cart, or does he raise his gun? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:There's only one good thing we can get out of this from this poster. "Real stupidity" is a real thing.
OMG if he was going to shoot anyone he would not have gotten a shopping cart. What are the gun law and armor plate carrier laws of his state? but of course, a gun nazi like you will see anything with a gun as wrong regardless what the laws are

Off-duty firefighter stops man armed with 100 rounds of ammunition at south Springfield Walmart
Depending on state law I saw no reason why he should have been detained by police. He went and got a shopping cart to shop. In my state it's not illegal to open carry an AR nor is it illegal to wear armor.
OM friggin G! People, can you believe this shit? "He went and got a shopping cart?" :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:And that's it people. When you see the guy walking through the parking lot with an automatic weapon and bullet proof vest we have to wait to see what happens when he comes in. Does he grab a shopping cart, or does he raise his gun? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:There's only one good thing we can get out of this from this poster. "Real stupidity" is a real thing.
OMG if he was going to shoot anyone he would not have gotten a shopping cart. What are the gun law and armor plate carrier laws of his state? but of course, a gun nazi like you will see anything with a gun as wrong regardless what the laws are
OMG if he was going to shoot anyone he would not have gotten a shopping cart. I want everyone on this forum to read what I highlighted from the previous poster, then explain to me in detail how that statement is "NOT RETARDED?" If I do not get an intelligent response from anyone besides the one who typed it, then we all know that it is in fact "retarded."

They charged him for indicating a threat.
Thank you! Which is why open carry of automatic weapons in a place of business is total insanity. The logic against that is inarguable.

Which isn't what happened here.
It doesn't fucking matter. My God, how can you people be this stupid? What if it happens tomorrow? Do you know that it won't,while you and your family go shopping in there? Just ask the kids in Walmart in El paso who's parents are dead while they went in there to shop for party favors, what their opinions are about someone walking again in Walmart dressed for mass killing? Have you people lost your friggin minds?

Your rant has nothing at all to do with anything I've argued. If you have a valid argument you also do not have to simply make things up to argue it.
Boss, understand one thing. To promote a man or woman walking through the Walmart parking lot with an automatic weapon,

Never happened and when it does we can discuss it.

OMG if he was going to shoot anyone he would not have gotten a shopping cart. I want everyone on this forum to read what I highlighted from the previous poster, then explain to me in detail how that statement is "NOT RETARDED?" If I do not get an intelligent response from anyone besides the one who typed it, then we all know that it is in fact "retarded."
retard what are the gun laws in his state? was it illegal to carry a rifle in open? And again I have some formal training in threat assessment him grabbing a shopping cart posed no threat.

Maybe. I think it wouldn't be that hard, in the aftermath of the Walmart massacre in El Paso. The fictional shooter only has to convince a jury he had a reasonable fear.

A reasonable fear of something that's legal in the state, though. I don't think laws should be dictated by whatever irrational fears people have.

Someone brought this example up in Twitter: What if I'm fearful of people wearing glasses, and I see someone wearing glasses so I shoot him? Same issue in the sense that there's nothing legally wrong with wearing glasses, it's just me being irrationally fearful of something that's perfectly legal.

We'll probably disagree on that example. Ultimately, I think this is a bit of a loop-hole where the law is not accurately reflecting the people and should be adjusted, possibly. I think the guy was within his legal rights to show up to the Walmart armed like that, and I think the people were justifiably afraid.

They charged him for indicating a threat.
Thank you! Which is why open carry of automatic weapons in a place of business is total insanity. The logic against that is inarguable.

It doesn't fucking matter. My God, how can you people be this stupid? What if it happens tomorrow? Do you know that it won't,while you and your family go shopping in there? Just ask the kids in Walmart in El paso who's parents are dead while they went in there to shop for party favors, what their opinions are about someone walking again in Walmart dressed for mass killing? Have you people lost your friggin minds?

Your rant has nothing at all to do with anything I've argued. If you have a valid argument you also do not have to simply make things up to argue it.
Boss, understand one thing. To promote a man or woman walking through the Walmart parking lot with an automatic weapon, a hundred rounds of ammunition, and a bullet proof vest, and you are okay with that person walking into Walmart, you are person who is not in possession of a functioning brain. Legal or illegal!

This isn't about a rant. It's about those people who think this is okay, and left their brains behind. We obviously let the guy in El paso enter the Walmart, and 22 people were killed. What if the same thing had happened in Walmart in Missouri? No one with a functioning brain would encourage someone to walk into the Walmart in Missouri like that.
Hyper bowl AUTOMATIC WEAPON? You freaking loony toons

Boss, understand one thing. To promote a man or woman walking through the Walmart parking lot with an automatic weapon,

This is what I am talking about people. This is Idiocracy on steroids. "Never happened and when it does we can discuss it." Tell me something, when it does, what exactly are you going to "discuss? "

This is what I am talking about people. This is Idiocracy on steroids. "Never happened and when it does we can discuss it." Tell me something, when it does, what exactly are you going to "discuss? "

I'll discuss it with someone willing to discuss things honestly, not just make things up.

Boss, understand one thing. To promote a man or woman walking through the Walmart parking lot with an automatic weapon, a hundred rounds of ammunition, and a bullet proof vest, and you are okay with that person walking into Walmart, you are person who is not in possession of a functioning brain. Legal or illegal!

This isn't about a rant. It's about those people who think this is okay, and left their brains behind. We obviously let the guy in El paso enter the Walmart, and 22 people were killed. What if the same thing had happened in Walmart in Missouri? No one with a functioning brain would encourage someone to walk into the Walmart in Missouri like that.
Your ability to manufacture anything that resembles intelligent debate got tossed down the sewer drain with that classic failure of an explanation you gave us. So far, no one has been able to come to your rescue to lasso you away from the retardation of that explanation. I'm dying to see if anyone will take that challenge to make good sense out of that brainless post of yours.

Maybe. I think it wouldn't be that hard, in the aftermath of the Walmart massacre in El Paso. The fictional shooter only has to convince a jury he had a reasonable fear.

A reasonable fear of something that's legal in the state, though. I don't think laws should be dictated by whatever irrational fears people have.

Someone brought this example up in Twitter: What if I'm fearful of people wearing glasses, and I see someone wearing glasses so I shoot him? Same issue in the sense that there's nothing legally wrong with wearing glasses, it's just me being irrationally fearful of something that's perfectly legal.

We'll probably disagree on that example. Ultimately, I think this is a bit of a loop-hole where the law is not accurately reflecting the people and should be adjusted, possibly. I think the guy was within his legal rights to show up to the Walmart armed like that, and I think the people were justifiably afraid.

What are you going to do? Leave your pistol in your pocket until he points his AR at you? Won't do you any good there. So you take it out and have it at the ready. What's he going to do when he sees it? You don't know, and he has more firepower. It's an emotional time and juries may be emotionally swayed.

I'm not saying it would be the right thing to do. I am saying that, on this date, it's arguably defensible.

What are you going to do? Leave your pistol in your pocket until he points his AR at you? Won't do you any good there. So you take it out and have it at the ready. What's he going to do when he sees it? You don't know, and he has more firepower. It's an emotional time and juries may be emotionally swayed.

I'm not saying it would be the right thing to do. I am saying that, on this date, it's arguably defensible.

The rifle only has the advantage at long range...at close range you are equally capable of getting shot and the rifle, depending on the location, can become a liability not an advantage.

Your ability to manufacture anything that resembles intelligent debate got tossed down the sewer drain with that classic failure of an explanation you gave us. So far, no one has been able to come to your rescue to lasso you away from the retardation of that explanation. I'm dying to see if anyone will take that challenge to make good sense out of that brainless post of yours.
Hyper bowl kid when you inserted something that doesn't exist you killed your own argument and created a hyper bowl the sky is falling argument.

I'll discuss it with someone willing to discuss things honestly, not just make things up.
You didn't answer, because you can't. The only answer that exists, is the one that exposes you for playing a role in Idiocracy.

Hyper bowl kid when you inserted something that doesn't exist you killed your own argument and created a hyper bowl the sky is falling argument.
You are back to where you started from the beginning. "SAYING NOTHING!"

You didn't answer, because you can't. The only answer that exists, is the one that exposes you for playing a role in Idiocracy.

You are correct. I can not comment on something that has not happened. Automatic, semi-automatic, a sharp stick does not change what happened here.

The rifle only has the advantage at long range...at close range you are equally capable of getting shot and the rifle, depending on the location, can become a liability not an advantage.

If a person is anywhere within 50 meters, I can knock him down with an M-16 100 times out of 100, holding it at my waist. On semi.

Or I could 50 years ago.

Last edited:

You are back to where you started from the beginning. "SAYING NOTHING!"
No pointing out your hyper bowl was something.

Stopped him with what? His wit?

Would somebody out there just shoot these fuckers. No jury in the country right now could get a unanimous conviction on anyone, anywhere, that would shoot these fuckers, as an absolute action of self defense for themselves and the public at large.

The way I see it, all of the instances of young, white, armed idiots that were stopped, were missing opportunities to cull the herd of this miscreants.

You are correct. I can not comment on something that has not happened. Automatic, semi-automatic, a sharp stick does not change what happened here.
Yep, people, we are at Idiocracy level logic with these Trump cultists. Nothing we can do.

Forum List

Back