Corporate welfare in action ....

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.
Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of. But if you work for a living you should earn a living.

If you work for a living, develop a skill that pays a "living wage".
If you don't make enough money to live how the fuck are you supposed to develop skills?

Whose problem is that?
missing the point.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.
Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of. But if you work for a living you should earn a living.

If you don't make enough money to live how the fuck are you supposed to develop skills?

Whose problem is that?
missing the point.

Not at all.

Just to get back on track, corporate welfare is against capitalism and the free market and should be avoided at all costs. Government picking winners and losers is a bad thing.

The entire practice of using taxation as a social engineering tool has to go.

Just to get back on track, corporate welfare is against capitalism and the free market and should be avoided at all costs. Government picking winners and losers is a bad thing.

The entire practice of using taxation as a social engineering tool has to go.

It seems to have flaws everywhere. It is amazing many of these people recognize those flaws for personal taxes and can't see similar effects for corporations.

Paying a living wage isn't "overpaying" ....

What's a "living wage"?
How do you know?
Show your math.

I believe all civilized societies need some sort of safety net for our disabled, sick, mentally ill etc.

Federal Government transfer payments in the US are currently over $2 trillion a year.
How do I know? It's my job to know... here's the math.

Minimum wage worker brings in around 1200 per month. Standard rental price for 2 bedroom is 800 a month (in my area) that leaves them 400 dollars. Plus utilities, 150 (at least) now they have 200. They pay 150 for a car payment/insurance (cheap) now theyre left with 50 for 4 weeks.. what about food what about phone bills what about the KIDS what about paying for an education what about health insurance???

If republicans weren't funneling all our money to the top 1% for the last 5 decades we would not need nearly the amount of social welfare that we use today. If the republicans didn't fight tooth and nail every time a bill came up to raise minimum wage we wouldn't need nearly the amount of social welfare we use today.
Gop is so "against" handouts. But they just can't help wanting the rich richer and the poor poorer.

That's when he decides to move back in with mom. Problem solved.
I don't believe any American working 40 hours a week should be without a home. Why do you?
who is working 40 hours a week and doesn't have a home?
Mexicans living 15 people in a 3 bedroom home is not living. It's living like a slave.
Some people toil and sweat and save, and go back when there is a favorable exchange rate.

Tourism is one of the largest employers in twenty-nine States.

Swedish first american second....the Swedish ag fliues atop my american flag.....I hope it offends people uuz none of them can do anything about it.
it's amazing how the left likes to shit on america their birth place. funny shit.

Ray will you try to deport me? I was born here.....SWEDISH first american second....I cannot escape my heritage....surely you see it how I see it. Born here...owned business here. But my parents were swedes so ihope and pray with all my might someone reports me....

Report you for what? You didn't break any laws.

If you feel that strongly, move to Sweden. Problem solved. I'm from a Polish descent, but I'm American through and through.

But people like you would never dream of moving to another country. That's because America is the greatest country on earth. I don't know if Sweden has an immigration problem, but foreigners are breaking down our doors to kiss this beautiful land and country we live in. They travel in makeshift rafts, stuff themselves into the back of tractor-trailers in 90 degree weather, some have even hid in airplane landing gear compartments. A few have even tried to ship themselves here in crates.

Sometimes when I get bummed out and feel cheated in life, I think of how grateful I am to God for allowing me to be born in the United States of America with a great loving family. Maybe you should too!
he is too. He's just a little lost in his own mind and it is obvious he feels the need to be an agitator, but he's failing badly. I'm irish. I love things about Ireland, I have no desire to live there. Now anyway. If these jack monkey loonies take over my America I might reconsider. Maybe the IRA is better than ANTIFA. They at least love their country.

It's a decent place to live I agree but I surely have no intentions of hiding my Swedish decent which makes me a Swede first.....my grandparents were immigrants so um that sense I am an immigrant...legally. At 81 there is nobody here that could challenge me on this....debate or physically.
so you have swedish documents? if not, then you aren't swede first in anyone's mind but yours.

Swedish first american second....the Swedish ag fliues atop my american flag.....I hope it offends people uuz none of them can do anything about it.
so if you travel you present Swedish documents?

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

They can't. That's the point. People who are handed everything in life will never understand that.

Whose problem is that?
Everyone's since were all paying tax dollars to support our impoverished. I'd prefer to minimize poverty than shell out my money. But to minimize poverty we have to address it's causes. A huge problem is that education now costs a small fortune. The more out of reach edu is the more poverty we will accumulate. The more out of reach edu is, the less competitive our country will be on a global scale.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them. Better yet don't pay per hour pay per bushel but enough so the ones who are willing to break their backs can afford their back doctors.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them.

Boot enough illegals, they'll have to start paying more.

Automation...
see we don't need more immigration then.
It is not about "neeeding" immigration.
America was created on immigration, it is who we are. It is why I am here and most likely it is why you are here. Being anti immigration is being anti American.
My ancestors were Iroquois ie. Native Americans.
So you are the one who should be kicking us immigrants out.
Gosh the nerve of republicans!

Whose problem is that?
Everyone's since were all paying tax dollars to support our impoverished. I'd prefer to minimize poverty than shell out my money. But to minimize poverty we have to address it's causes. A huge problem is that education now costs a small fortune. The more out of reach edu is the more poverty we will accumulate. The more out of reach edu is, the less competitive our country will be on a global scale.
I don't suppose it occurs to you to consider why it costs so much.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them.

Boot enough illegals, they'll have to start paying more.

Automation...
see we don't need more immigration then.
It is not about "neeeding" immigration.
America was created on immigration, it is who we are. It is why I am here and most likely it is why you are here. Being anti immigration is being anti American.
My ancestors were Iroquois ie. Native Americans.
So you are the one who should be kicking us immigrants out.
Gosh the nerve of republicans!
why would I kick out immigrants, they are here legally. I'll kick out illegal foreigners.

Whose problem is that?
Yea it has occurred to me....
Apparently edu is a privilege of the wealthy in this country.

Whose problem is that?
Yea it has occurred to me....
Apparently edu is a privilege of the wealthy in this country.
The education market suffers from the inflationary pressures introduced by the government gravy train. Something I'm betting you want more of, rather than less.

Working 40 hours a week directly means no one else is taking care of them. Unless the arent making a living wage, then they are on public assistance and we are all taking care of them. When did it become the tax payers jobs to subsidize wages because owners want more to line their pockets?

Indeed. You ask the same question as I. Are business owners not taxpayers as well?
Well... Donnie isn't, soo you never know!

Forum List

Back