🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Correction on previous thread...13,018,022,473,988 additional kWh needed per year

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I've put up a similar thread, but I think it was too complicated for many readers so I've simplified the spreadsheet and in doing so showing more specifically what the NEED will be if Biden's goal to make all American vehicles be Electric Vehicles.

Just be aware you advocates of EVs, the TOTAL electricity generated for homes, businesses, etc. is just 24% of what is needed i.e. 4.165 trillion kWh divided by 13.018 trillion kWh or 24% or nearly 313% MORE kHw needed for all vehicles if they are all EVs.
I didn't include but I made analysis of what the cost would be to make up the difference by adding nuclear plants, wind or solar and the costs is just to add these sources runs between $20 trillion to $40 trillion depending on the type of generation.

kWhneeded4allvehicles.png

Unless and until we build AT LEAST 10 nuclear power plants per state in the next 4 years, NOBODY should take the EV dorks seriously and we should maintain fossil fuels for the next 100+ years.

I've put up a similar thread, but I think it was too complicated for many readers so I've simplified the spreadsheet and in doing so showing more specifically what the NEED will be if Biden's goal to make all American vehicles be Electric Vehicles.

Just be aware you advocates of EVs, the TOTAL electricity generated for homes, businesses, etc. is just 24% of what is needed i.e. 4.165 trillion kWh divided by 13.018 trillion kWh or 24% or nearly 313% MORE kHw needed for all vehicles if they are all EVs.
I didn't include but I made analysis of what the cost would be to make up the difference by adding nuclear plants, wind or solar and the costs is just to add these sources runs between $20 trillion to $40 trillion depending on the type of generation.

View attachment 706403
Jackie-Chan-head-hurts-meme-blank-300x200.jpg

Unless and until we build AT LEAST 10 nuclear power plants per state in the next 4 years, NOBODY should take the EV dorks seriously and we should maintain fossil fuels for the next 100+ years.

R.061d4ddd4c2a5c024ba46fd4f6f0149b

;)

That is not to mention the draw that digital currency mining is going to create. In this area we had a newsprint mfr. that went under. The plant, in Dalkena, WA has been repurposed by Merkle Standard to mine bitcoin. This takes tremendous amounts of energy. In the photo below, most of the gray area around the plant is currently FILLED with transformers. I have never seen that many transformers in one place in my life. You can read some about it in the link.
1665073785607.png

That is not to mention the draw that digital currency mining is going to create. In this area we had a newsprint mfr. that went under. The plant, in Dalkena, WA has been repurposed by Merkle Standard to mine bitcoin. This takes tremendous amounts of energy. In the photo below, most of the gray area around the plant is currently FILLED with transformers. I have never seen that many transformers in one place in my life. You can read some about it in the link.
View attachment 706406
That is so true! I have a very close relative that was doing bitcoin mining and it was a very very small operation but his utility bill was higher as well as the noise level even though the computers were not in the living areas.
So yes bitcoin mining is a potentially large consumer.

Bitcoin Mining: How Much Electricity It Takes and Why People Are Worried​

A mining center in Kazakhstan is equipped to run 50,000 mining rigs, and another mining farm in China has a monthly electricity bill of more than $1 million as it mines 750 bitcoins a month.

So the all electric car fantasy is just that?
Well the reality is it will take 300% the current electricity generated to meet an all EV car/trucks.
And by the way, note I did NOT add leisure driving or weekend driving by trucks! The figures I used I sourced and
they were basically 5 day a week figures. So the electricity used by EVs totally will be higher.
Again these people in favor of EVs just haven't look into the details.
So if we stop using oil, how will you get tires for your EV from non-combustible oil uses?
The manufacture of tires use 7 gallons of oil to make one tire of the 2 billion tires produced annually.
That's 254,545,455 barrels of oil. What will replace oil in producing tires as Biden guarantees to eliminate fossils fuels?
But Biden..."guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

I have posted this before but I will repeat it in this thread.

1.9% of the vehicles in California are stupid EVs.

To provide the additional electricity to keep these vehicles charged takes 19 Gigawatts of energy.

That is like the size (20 Gigawatts) that is put out by the Diablo Canyon twin nuclear power plants. The largest generator of power in California.

I want the stupid uneducated environmental wackos reading this to think about what that really means and how much worse it will be when those morons in California achieve their stupid goal of 100% EVs.

Where the hell is all that power coming from?

Do these stupid uneducated environmental wackos not understand that in Physics (like Economics) that "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"?

To provide the additional electricity to keep these vehicles charged takes 19 Gigawatts of energy.

That is like the size (20 Gigawatts) that is put out by the Diablo Canyon twin nuclear power plants. The largest generator of power in California.

I want the stupid uneducated environmental wackos reading this to think about what that really means and how much worse it will be when those morons in California achieve their stupid goal of 100% EVs.

Do these stupid uneducated environmental wackos not understand that in Physics (like Economics) that "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"?
It’s all virtue signaling save the planet feelings thing

View attachment 706403

I haven't checked your math and believe it difficult or impossible to know what the actual power needs would be of an eventual but as yet nonexistent all-EV transportation fleet, but your conclusions are basically correct: our electrical generation and grid are barely able to keep up with supplying current residential and commercial needs (and do so very unreliably) much less support every car, truck, train and plane in the country suddenly all running off electricity as well! Something has to give, people cannot afford it, and the government is reckless in trying to end the fossil fuel industry on which we DEPEND when the solutions to this problem are probably 50 years in the future at best.

I haven't checked your math and believe it difficult or impossible to know what the actual power needs would be of an eventual but as yet nonexistent all-EV transportation fleet, but your conclusions are basically correct: our electrical generation and grid are barely able to keep up with supplying current residential and commercial needs (and do so very unreliably) much less support every car, truck, train and plane in the country suddenly all running off electricity as well! Something has to give, people cannot afford it, and the government is reckless in trying to end the fossil fuel industry on which we DEPEND when the solutions to this problem are probably 50 years in the future at best.
Lock us down. Take our gas.
Punitive government

So TRUE! I was curious if you know what % of the 1.9% EVs are trucks if any?

Electrifying Trucks: Will California Ban Diesel Power?​

Five days after approving a landmark rule to phase out the sale of new light duty vehicles powered by internal combustion engines, the California Air Resource Board released a rule that applies to the sale of new medium and heavy duty ICE vehicles. September 26, 2022, 11:00 AM PDT By Irvin Dawid

Five days after approving a landmark rule to phase out the sale of new light duty vehicles powered by internal combustion engines, the California Air Resource Board released a rule that applies to the sale of new medium and heavy duty ICE vehicles. September 26, 2022, 11:00 AM PDT By Irvin Dawid
Trains? They run on diesel.

View attachment 706403
Another issue is the fact that an equivalent EV Semi weighs 8-10,000 lbs more than a ICE Semi. So what will be needed is for DOTs to raise the weight limits on Bridges and Roads by 8-10,000 lbs. This means essentially re-building and re-engineering our entire roadway systems.

Also add to that, the limited range of EV Semis when they are pulling a load. The range is cut anywhere from 50-75%. So the time it is going to take EVs to get goods to the market place is going to take far, far longer than with ICE Delivery.

The Whole EV-Global Warming thing is a Hoax and Con Game anyways. It is just another way for Globalist Fascist Commies to try to gain control of The Means of Production and push everyone towards a Globalist Totalitarian State.

I thought the entire point of the Cult of The Church of The Holy Melting Iceberg was to reduce energy usage not require us to build 3,000 Nuclear plants to supply more power to energize this Idiotic Religion?

Just think how stupid this will be.

Truckers will be picking up stuff from the ports and then driving to the state line with the idiotic electric trucks and then will most likely transferring over to ICE vehicles to take to other places in the US.

Very inefficient.

That means the California ports will lose a lot of business .

Democrats that pass stupid laws like this are the dumbest mutherfvckers on the earth.

Truckers will be picking up stuff from the ports and then driving to the state line with the idiotic electric trucks and then will most likely transferring over to ICE vehicles to take to other places in the US.

Very inefficient.

Democrats that pass stupid laws like this are the dumbest mutherfvckers on the earth.
And what is really dumb is the MSM supports them!
Don't know if you saw this ...
MSMdonations.png

Very inefficient.

Hmmm....

I wonder which top-20 U.S. ports could pick up the slack?

(Houston, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Texas City, Corpus Christi)
:banana:

Man, California is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Forum List

Back