Cost-Benefit Analysis Trump Tariffs

Just don’t buy stuff from mexico or China then it won’t cost you more

are you really this naive, or is it just an act?

If the tariff on products from Mexico is 5%, retailers will raise the price of those items by about 2 or 3 percent and then add 1 or 2 percent to 100 other products to recoup the cost plus some. They understand that people will buy less of the Mexican product, so they take advantage of the ignorance of the consumer.

Buy fewer. I think the point is that if you manufacture in the US products will cost more due to higher labor costs. The other point is that most Americans agree that work conditions in Mexico are less than ideal so perhaps we should pay more and buy American?

why would I or you care about the work conditions in Mexico?

Not true.

LOTS of US/foreign manufactured goods contain Chinese/Mexican made components.

And the higher cost of these components are passed on to the consumers.

Plus, much of the manufacturing equipment itself could come from/have components from Mexico/China...and thus to replace/repair them will now be more expensive.

As with life, these tariff costs are far from black and white.

Imagine that, then those components can be purchased from American manufacturers and they could create more demand and more jobs. Just hope Trump doesn't start pushing for a $15/hr minimum wage....then you loons will really start to complain.

If the tariff on products from Mexico is 5%, retailers will raise the price of those items by about 2 or 3 percent and then add 1 or 2 percent to 100 other products to recoup the cost plus some. They understand that people will buy less of the Mexican product, so they take advantage of the ignorance of the consumer.

Buy fewer. I think the point is that if you manufacture in the US products will cost more due to higher labor costs. The other point is that most Americans agree that work conditions in Mexico are less than ideal so perhaps we should pay more and buy American?

why would I or you care about the work conditions in Mexico?

You may not. But the SJWs who claim that the US companies should pay a living wage, provide paternity leave of 3 mos, be pro choice, etc. are hypocrites when they buy clothes from countries that have terrible human rights records. Hence they may care. I care sort off. If I can buy a pair of sneakers made in the US vs China but it costs me $50 more. I will.

I am not an accountant. I can't imagine I'd ever want to be one, either.

But I've been around enough of them to have an idea of what a CBA is and how they work.

Anybody want to break it down, please do.

But I've only put this together in my head.....

What's the down side to Trump's Tariffs??

It upsets International Trade.

It upsets Wall Street (didja hear? The Chamber of Commerce is gonna sue Trump over the Tariffs? And dims think the Chamber is Republican. Not even)

It might cost Americans a few cents on their next rubber-duckie from China and their ptomaine-laced lettuce from Mexico. Oh yes, it is.

Plus side.......

What has virtually every American been complaining about for the last 50 years? How our jobs are going overseas. How everything comes from foreign countries now. How nothing is Made in America anymore.

In fact, I heard Alex Occasional Cortex say, "I bought a new TV and it said, 'Built in Antenna'. I don't even know where Antenna is."

So where's the down-side to Trump's Tariffs? I really don't get it.

China has been stealing from us for the last 30 years. Mexico has been dumping its unwanted citizens on us for the last 100 years.......

Where's the down-side??

And, OBTW. The exporting Countries being hit with the Tariffs?? They're gonna eat those, not us.

More jobs, more manufacturing jobs that employ the most vulnerable of our citizens, more money staying in this Country, less -downward pressure on salaries caused by illegals willing to live 5 families in one house (oh yes they do) and work twice as hard for half the money, driving Americans onto welfare.

Where's the downside?

People, there isn't one.

The Donald is a Wharton Graduate. You think he didn't do a CBA on this before he dropped those tariffs on China and Mexico? That boy does a CBA when counts the sheets of toilet paper he uses.

Oh and Mexico and China are gonna retaliate against us? Sure :th_dontgosmiley-1:

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

You Trtump bots are SOOO STUPID.

You

But I've been around enough of them to have an idea of what a CBA is and how they work.

It upsets Wall Street (didja hear? The Chamber of Commerce is gonna sue Trump over the Tariffs? And dims think the Chamber is Republican. Not even)

It might cost Americans a few cents on their next rubber-duckie from China and their ptomaine-laced lettuce from Mexico. Oh yes, it is.

Plus side.......

What has virtually every American been complaining about for the last 50 years? How our jobs are going overseas. How everything comes from foreign countries now. How nothing is Made in America anymore.

In fact, I heard Alex Occasional Cortex say, "I bought a new TV and it said, 'Built in Antenna'. I don't even know where Antenna is."

China has been stealing from us for the last 30 years. Mexico has been dumping its unwanted citizens on us for the last 100 years.......

Where's the down-side??

And, OBTW. The exporting Countries being hit with the Tariffs?? They're gonna eat those, not us.

More jobs, more manufacturing jobs that employ the most vulnerable of our citizens, more money staying in this Country, less -downward pressure on salaries caused by illegals willing to live 5 families in one house (oh yes they do) and work twice as hard for half the money, driving Americans onto welfare.

Where's the downside?

People, there isn't one.

The Donald is a Wharton Graduate. You think he didn't do a CBA on this before he dropped those tariffs on China and Mexico? That boy does a CBA when counts the sheets of toilet paper he uses.

Oh and Mexico and China are gonna retaliate against us? Sure :th_dontgosmiley-1:

So you are against free enterprise and you are for protectionism (a coward's economy).

So noted.

The Founding Fathers would be sick at such talk.

The Economic Principles of America’s Founders: Property Rights, Free Markets, and Sound Money

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
cost benefit -

Trump tariff

American soybean farmers take it in the arse

Trump gives them $16 billion FEDERAL DOLLARS

end result - American taxpayers take it in the arse

```````````````````

yeah, that fat ass sob is killin' China .. that'll show THEM !

In the couple of years hear at USMB I have come to the conclusion some of these people are just outright missing a few or rather posting to get a rise out of people because I can't believe anyone can be that stupid and get by in life.
Ya the price of wheat has dropped a whopping 1/2 a percent
It was up 5 pct 2 years ago
It was up 17 pct last year
Anything else you would like to know about agriculture?

Wheat should go up over the next few months.

The yields for winter wheat in the mid-west will be down and there will be a large number of abandoned acres due to the flooding.

I went on a Wheat Tour sponsored by the state wheat association and a group of millers this past week and things are not looking great. The stalk count is about the same as in years past but the head size is down. A lot of the farmers were not able to get a 2nd round of N on their fields due to the rain.

Everything is going in the ground late this year, if at all. There was a lot of talk about prevent plant payments. Indiana is some 60 percentage points behind in corn planting as compared to the 5 year average as is Illinois. Soybeans are about 40 behind.

If these states have an early winter, things could get pretty ugly for the farmers.

Yep, damn that Trump.

Did I bring up Trump in my post? Fuck, you people cannot get your god out of your mind even for one second.

Gee, maybe that's because all you idiots do is piss and moan about Trump.

They are not full blown communist

Now answer my fucking question why didn't US retailers raise the price on foreign goods before Trump's tariffs according to your assnine propaganda logic?

Plus side.......

Where's the down-side??

Where's the downside?

People, there isn't one.

You

Plus side.......

Where's the down-side??

Where's the downside?

People, there isn't one.

So you are against free enterprise and you are for protectionism (a coward's economy).

So noted.

The Economic Principles of America’s Founders: Property Rights, Free Markets, and Sound Money

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Once again asshole the founding fathers built this country on tariffs till 1913

Read a God damn history book

I picked up a pack of chips ahoy cookies and the fuckers are making them in Mexico now.....so I bought Bud's best brand made in the USA.

Plus side.......

Where's the down-side??

Where's the downside?

People, there isn't one.

You

Plus side.......

Where's the down-side??

Where's the downside?

People, there isn't one.

So noted.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Once again asshole the founding fathers built this country on tariffs till 1913

Read a God damn history book

damn...the founding fathers lived till 1913? Holy fuck they were old.

cost benefit -

Trump tariff

American soybean farmers take it in the arse

Trump gives them $16 billion FEDERAL DOLLARS

end result - American taxpayers take it in the arse

```````````````````

yeah, that fat ass sob is killin' China .. that'll show THEM !

You sure do like to talk about taking it in the ass...... :dunno:

You are incorrect.

No I'm not.

This is where futures traders/contracts come in.

Companies do NOT buy a pig in a poke. Not ever. They must have a guaranteed landed price. The usually get it from the exporter, who has a Futures Trader involved.

It's way too complicated for you.

Go back to watching Comedy Central re-runs.

Clean your room while you're at it
You're still wrong.

You read something about a DDP contract and jumped to the conclusion you wanted.

Yes. What kind of tractor is that in your sig?

I want one. Don't need it. Can't afford it. Just want one to drive around town. Maybe go to McDonalds.

I'm jealous of Farmers. They get all the neat toys. :)
It’s a row trac CaseInternational
They came out after I retired

In the couple of years hear at USMB I have come to the conclusion some of these people are just outright missing a few or rather posting to get a rise out of people because I can't believe anyone can be that stupid and get by in life.

The yields for winter wheat in the mid-west will be down and there will be a large number of abandoned acres due to the flooding.

I went on a Wheat Tour sponsored by the state wheat association and a group of millers this past week and things are not looking great. The stalk count is about the same as in years past but the head size is down. A lot of the farmers were not able to get a 2nd round of N on their fields due to the rain.

Everything is going in the ground late this year, if at all. There was a lot of talk about prevent plant payments. Indiana is some 60 percentage points behind in corn planting as compared to the 5 year average as is Illinois. Soybeans are about 40 behind.

If these states have an early winter, things could get pretty ugly for the farmers.
There’s a lot of nitrogen in rain
But you knew that

You are incorrect.

No I'm not.

This is where futures traders/contracts come in.

Companies do NOT buy a pig in a poke. Not ever. They must have a guaranteed landed price. The usually get it from the exporter, who has a Futures Trader involved.

It's way too complicated for you.

Go back to watching Comedy Central re-runs.

Clean your room while you're at it
Spud growers around here lock in early
A lot have gone broke with to many spuds on the open market

There’s a lot of nitrogen in rain
But you knew that

I will be sure to mention that to the farmers next week when we talk...don't worry about adding N, there is plenty in the rain! :21::21::21::21::21:

no doubt that will change their whole lives and save them so much money!

I wonder why the guy that is the President of the state Wheat Association talked about not getting a chance for a 2nd application on most of his fields and the one that he did got washed away. If only he knew what you knew! :21::21::21:

you are too funny

You mean like they do when we increase corporate taxes?

Who'd a thunk, eh?

BTW, if the tariffs were done correctly, they would come with a stipulation that the importer would pay the tariff and not be allowed to lift their wholesale price, or their product would be barred from importation.

These tariffs happen if they don’t comply. If Mexico is smart, they make a deal and stick to it. No previous administration did anything to address the issues. They just made sure they were benefiting. The desire for instant gratification, brought us cash for clunkers. A slimy failure, pandering to the have nots and seeking votes. The green new deal is science fiction. Most of the politicians advocating for it, probably aren’t capable of recycling or turning lights off. They certainly haven’t been capable of getting any bills passed. It’s time to lead, follow, or get the fuck out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In some cases, mostly small cases, the American Consumer will get stuck paying more money for a commodity. But the brunt of the cost of the Tariff is on the exporter. Every time.

People who don't understand this need to do some homework.

Sure, we can find exceptions. To everything. But the big companies doing the exporting? They're gonna get hurt.

I don't know about Mexico, but most farmers in the US sold their Corn and Soybeans long before they even planted it.

Equipment manufacturers? I'm talking about the parts suppliers....... They've got contracts to sell at a price certain that they MUST fulfill.

A Company like FCA or Ford doesn't contract for 10 Million ECMs without locking the price in first.

dimocraps just simply have no understanding of business. Anything more complicated than a lemonade stand confuses them.

Actually, life confuses them.

Our resident Monkeys-In-A-Cage, poo-throwing dimocraps only know #orangemanbad, They get their marching orders from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the media. They're too stupid to have a conversation with, And too dishonest.

These tariffs are going to cripple China and Mexico. Yugely

Mexico will bend over and grab their ankles almost immediately. I say, make it hurt.

China is arrogant. Always has been. Always. The Chinese are the most arrogant human beings on Earth.

It's why they're always getting the shit kicked out of them. Throughout the Centuries, the Chinese have been punching bags for people they pissed off.

From the Mongols, to Europeans and Americans (Boxer Rebellion) to the WWII Japanese, the Chinese get bitch-slapped routinely because of their arrogance.

They're not stoopid enough to start a shooting War with us. They'd lose. Bigly. Not only that, but Russia would attack them from the West if they got tied down with us.

The Russians don't like the Chinese either. Nobody does.

If the Chinese lose the friendship of the US, that would leave them vulnerable to Russia. And Russia would like nothing more than to tear a huge chunk out of China's ass.

China is in a tough spot. Trump needs to leave them a way out that saves them some 'face' and they'll take it.

But they DO have to stop stealing everything that isn't tied down.

China really is a bunch of bandits. And Trump has had enough of it.

So have I. And so has 75% of America. ESPECIALLY the working class.

You think the average Blue Collar worker doesn't know where his or her job went last year??

Trump just got about another 5 Million Votes with these tariffs.

dimocraps are gonna lose so bad in 2020, it will be funny.

You people, you dims....? You got nothing.

All dims can do is run around shouting about "Social Justice" and Gay Rights and "Trans Rights" and people of color --

Meanwhile, they don't want to talk about jobs.

Trump just made his stance on American Jobs very, very clear. It won't go unnoticed in Mid-America

Forum List

Back