Cost-Benefit Analysis Trump Tariffs

In some cases, mostly small cases, the American Consumer will get stuck paying more money for a commodity. But the brunt of the cost of the Tariff is on the exporter. Every time.

People who don't understand this need to do some homework.

Sure, we can find exceptions. To everything. But the big companies doing the exporting? They're gonna get hurt.

I don't know about Mexico, but most farmers in the US sold their Corn and Soybeans long before they even planted it.

Equipment manufacturers? I'm talking about the parts suppliers....... They've got contracts to sell at a price certain that they MUST fulfill.

A Company like FCA or Ford doesn't contract for 10 Million ECMs without locking the price in first.

dimocraps just simply have no understanding of business. Anything more complicated than a lemonade stand confuses them.

Actually, life confuses them.

Our resident Monkeys-In-A-Cage, poo-throwing dimocraps only know #orangemanbad, They get their marching orders from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the media. They're too stupid to have a conversation with, And too dishonest.

These tariffs are going to cripple China and Mexico. Yugely

Mexico will bend over and grab their ankles almost immediately. I say, make it hurt.

China is arrogant. Always has been. Always. The Chinese are the most arrogant human beings on Earth.

It's why they're always getting the shit kicked out of them. Throughout the Centuries, the Chinese have been punching bags for people they pissed off.

From the Mongols, to Europeans and Americans (Boxer Rebellion) to the WWII Japanese, the Chinese get bitch-slapped routinely because of their arrogance.

They're not stoopid enough to start a shooting War with us. They'd lose. Bigly. Not only that, but Russia would attack them from the West if they got tied down with us.

The Russians don't like the Chinese either. Nobody does.

If the Chinese lose the friendship of the US, that would leave them vulnerable to Russia. And Russia would like nothing more than to tear a huge chunk out of China's ass.

China is in a tough spot. Trump needs to leave them a way out that saves them some 'face' and they'll take it.

But they DO have to stop stealing everything that isn't tied down.

China really is a bunch of bandits. And Trump has had enough of it.

So have I. And so has 75% of America. ESPECIALLY the working class.

You think the average Blue Collar worker doesn't know where his or her job went last year??

Trump just got about another 5 Million Votes with these tariffs.

dimocraps are gonna lose so bad in 2020, it will be funny.

You people, you dims....? You got nothing.

All dims can do is run around shouting about "Social Justice" and Gay Rights and "Trans Rights" and people of color --

Meanwhile, they don't want to talk about jobs.

Trump just made his stance on American Jobs very, very clear. It won't go unnoticed in Mid-America
China can just trade with the rest of the world.
Economists say US companies and US consumers pay. Just look at the stock market in the past month. Add the farm bailout, and you pay twice.
so89650hvx131.jpg

In some cases, mostly small cases, the American Consumer will get stuck paying more money for a commodity. But the brunt of the cost of the Tariff is on the exporter. Every time.

Sure, we can find exceptions. To everything. But the big companies doing the exporting? They're gonna get hurt.

I don't know about Mexico, but most farmers in the US sold their Corn and Soybeans long before they even planted it.

Equipment manufacturers? I'm talking about the parts suppliers....... They've got contracts to sell at a price certain that they MUST fulfill.

A Company like FCA or Ford doesn't contract for 10 Million ECMs without locking the price in first.

dimocraps just simply have no understanding of business. Anything more complicated than a lemonade stand confuses them.

Our resident Monkeys-In-A-Cage, poo-throwing dimocraps only know #orangemanbad, They get their marching orders from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the media. They're too stupid to have a conversation with, And too dishonest.

Mexico will bend over and grab their ankles almost immediately. I say, make it hurt.

China is arrogant. Always has been. Always. The Chinese are the most arrogant human beings on Earth.

It's why they're always getting the shit kicked out of them. Throughout the Centuries, the Chinese have been punching bags for people they pissed off.

From the Mongols, to Europeans and Americans (Boxer Rebellion) to the WWII Japanese, the Chinese get bitch-slapped routinely because of their arrogance.

They're not stoopid enough to start a shooting War with us. They'd lose. Bigly. Not only that, but Russia would attack them from the West if they got tied down with us.

If the Chinese lose the friendship of the US, that would leave them vulnerable to Russia. And Russia would like nothing more than to tear a huge chunk out of China's ass.

China is in a tough spot. Trump needs to leave them a way out that saves them some 'face' and they'll take it.

You think the average Blue Collar worker doesn't know where his or her job went last year??

All dims can do is run around shouting about "Social Justice" and Gay Rights and "Trans Rights" and people of color --

Trump just made his stance on American Jobs very, very clear. It won't go unnoticed in Mid-America

The soy bean farmers have already noticed the impact of Trump's tariffs.

When did Trump put a Tariff on American Soy Beans?? Who put the tariffs on soybeans? Who do tariffs hurt again?

I mean, seriously people.

Put a little brain power into your posts once in a while.

When did Trump put a Tariff on American Soy Beans?? Who put the tariffs on soybeans? Who do tariffs hurt again?

Edge, if you do not understand the consequences of Trump's trade war, you really should go back to your alternative universe.

Our number one customer of soybeans has stopped buying them all together. That is why Trump is handing them and other farmers and extra 28 billion dollars in redistributed tax dollars over a 2 year period...to get them to forget the pain he has caused them.

Economists say US companies and US consumers pay. Just look at the stock market in the past month. Add the farm bailout, and you pay twice.
so89650hvx131.jpg

That's just stupid. But, so are you.

And yes, it IS your fault for getting your news from stupid people. You repeat news from stupid people and you're gonna be stupid, yourself.

The exporter has to absorb much of, if not all of, the tariff thereby reducing their profit substantially.

You hit Walmart with a 25% increase on a product and they're gonna tell you to go fuck your dead aunt. Quick.

idiot

Besides, when did China become the ONLY manufacturer of widgits on the Planet? We don't make any here??

dimocraps are incapable of understanding even the most basic of economics.

Because, well, sadly.....

They're just too fucking stupid.

so89650hvx131.jpg
So, you're prepared to drop corporate taxation to zero so that the consumer won't have to pay the tax markup?

Our number one customer of soybeans has stopped buying them all together. That is why Trump is handing them and other farmers and extra 28 billion dollars in redistributed tax dollars over a 2 year period...to get them to forget the pain he has caused them.

28 billion American taxpayers pay for ...

so much for Trump tax cuts ..

So buyers 2 through 5 stopped buying?

When the number one buyer of soybeans find that their people are starving, think they'll continue to boycott our soy?

Let's see how it shakes out, shall we?

When the number one buyer of soybeans find that their people are starving, think they'll continue to boycott our soy?

Let's see how it shakes out, shall we?[/QUOTE]

When number one is more than 60% of sales, 2-5 do not really make up the difference.

Or they find an alternative supplier that was not tapped into fully and then help to develop the infrastructure for that supplier, thus removing the need to buy US soybeans in the future. For how long can Trump keep giving them money to keep them happy?

Ah..Dark, they are buying them from Brazil. But I will give Trump credit for improving the Brazilian economy!

Also, China isn't real ballsy by slowing/stopping its soy imports from the US.

Didja know (conservatives probably do, dimocraps? no chance) there is a VERY, VERY serious outbreak of Disease in China that has killed over 30% of their hogs.

A Deadly Swine Fever Is Ravaging China's Pork Industry

And hog feed was the primary purpose of imported soybeans. That same disease could hit here if we're not lucky. And there goes the market for soybeans anyway.

I'm not saying there isn't going to be some pain felt by US Consumers in all this but the REAL pain is going to be felt by China and Mexico if they don't start acting like adults instead of thieving children.

Trust me, the rest of the World is hip to China's bullshit as much as we are.

Also, China isn't real ballsy by slowing/stopping its soy imports from the US.

Didja know (conservatives probably do, dimocraps? no chance) there is a VERY, VERY serious outbreak of Disease in China that has killed over 30% of their hogs.

A Deadly Swine Fever Is Ravaging China's Pork Industry

And hog feed was the primary purpose of imported soybeans. That same disease could hit here if we're not lucky. And there goes the market for soybeans anyway.

I'm not saying there isn't going to be some pain felt by US Consumers in all this but the REAL pain is going to be felt by China and Mexico if they don't start acting like adults instead of thieving children.

Trust me, the rest of the World is hip to China's bullshit as much as we are.

Well, it has been two years now, so just when will all this Chinese and Mexican pain start?

Ah..Dark, they are buying them from Brazil. But I will give Trump credit for improving the Brazilian economy!
Let them. Brazil won't be able to keep up with their demand. Meanwhile, our farmers can move on to other useful crops.

BTW, Mexico is building a deep water port on their West Coast, which will make it unnecessary for Pacific megaships to ship to the US anymore.

Let them. Brazil won't be able to keep up with their demand. Meanwhile, our farmers can move on to other useful crops.

What do you suggest the grain farmers in the mid-west shift to?

What do you suggest the grain farmers in the mid-west shift to?
Whatever they find that can be profitable.

Grain corn is making inroads into the energy market I hear.

I really can't understand the inconsistency of a mindset that wants to tax business at 70 to 90 percent, yet scream at tariffs that will be a 2 to 3 hundred billion dollars in a 5 trillion dollar economy.

Those against the tariffs are making the argument that this tax is being foisted off on the consumer, but a 90% business tax is ALSO being foisted off on the consumer and they don't even care.

This boils down to "I hate Trump".

The real difference here is that the tariff is temporary in nature, used to modify the behavior of foreigners so that America gets a more level playing field. When China and Mexico capitulate, and they will, the tariffs go away but America is in a better place in the trade arena.

Will it be a bit painful? Yes.

But then, so is chemotherapy.

Forum List

Back